| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

velocity7
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 16:10:00 -
[1]
The current cloaking effect on Trinity's good, but can I just add a few suggestions:
1. Make it a little more like the Gleipnir's cloak: http://youtube.com/watch?v=r8Rx3M74Eno Comes at 1:15 or so, a bit blurry but should give the idea; especially that energy line for the cloak as it comes on. Maybe increase the speed slightly?
2. While the ship is cloaked, instead make it have the same cloaking effect as the Nightshade from Unreal Tournament 3 when moving: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SNMVOpLw2Ck Shows up at 6:16, though the cloaking effect is hard to see in this video. It's kinda like it's "blurring" the background passing through the object.
|

Plutoinum
German Cyberdome Corp Cult of War
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 16:14:00 -
[2]
Hmm, reminds me that I didn't see the cloaking effect at all, when I was trying out the Panther a few days ago. My ship just disappeared from my own screen and I couldn't see anymore, where I was heading, in contrast to how it is on Tranquility.
|

nomis ekoobmah
Minmatar Republic University
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 16:49:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Plutoinum Hmm, reminds me that I didn't see the cloaking effect at all, when I was trying out the Panther a few days ago. My ship just disappeared from my own screen and I couldn't see anymore, where I was heading, in contrast to how it is on Tranquility.
The new cloaking effect was added in today's Sisi patch.
|

velocity7
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 17:12:00 -
[4]
If anyone has any better videos of the Gleipnir from Ace Combat X doing its cloak, or the Nightshade's cloaking "blur" effect (preferably in HD), post it! We should let the devs know what they should aim for. 
|

Cassandra Wolf
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 17:32:00 -
[5]
The new effect looks awesome
|

RedClaws
Amarr Dragon's Rage Intrepid Crossing
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 17:42:00 -
[6]
does anybody have a vid of the new cloaking?
|

Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition Drunken N Disorderly
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 18:23:00 -
[7]
i think a tear whithered from my eye when i saw the new cloaking effect, then i hard to go to the bathroom for some alone time 
|

Simplus Massive
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 18:32:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Feng Schui i think a tear whithered from my eye when i saw the new cloaking effect, then i hard to go to the bathroom for some alone time 
I had to grab a beer & fix something that was not broken. I guess it will take some time to get used to.
|

Maestro Ulv
Phaze-9
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 18:34:00 -
[9]
The new effect is definatley different, slowly taking the ship from front to back, however there are still some bugs in it.
After seeing it the first time I just had to see how long it took to cloak a carrier and dread so I jumped out in the thanatos(not something id do in live tbh) and much to the household amusment it cloaked in style except for the runway(hanger) lights, they are very visable still, looks odd seeing two beam of lights happily wandering the spaceways 
Anyway, not a whine but def a bug.
|

Waxau
Mortis Angelus The Church.
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 18:40:00 -
[10]
VIIIIIIDEO!
|

Captian Archer
Caldari
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 18:42:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Captian Archer on 03/12/2007 18:42:39 Here you go
EVE Trinity Cloaking
|

Maestro Ulv
Phaze-9
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 18:59:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Captian Archer Edited by: Captian Archer on 03/12/2007 18:42:39 Here you go
EVE Trinity Cloaking
Hmmm. Thats not what I get, must be dependant on your HDR settings etc? Mine just does the front to back thing with no transparent flashing and when its gone you can't see the ship at all.
|

Barkode
Fourth Dimension
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 19:04:00 -
[13]
Originally by: velocity7 Edited by: velocity7 on 03/12/2007 17:16:57 The current cloaking effect on Trinity's good, but can I just add a few suggestions:
1. Make it a little more like the Gleipnir's cloak: http://youtube.com/watch?v=r8Rx3M74Eno Comes at 1:15 or so, a bit blurry but should give the idea; especially that energy line for the cloak as it comes on. Maybe increase the speed slightly? http://youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7KbkaugYo Also appears here at 00:57, 1:23 (though brief)
2. While the ship is cloaked, instead make it have the same cloaking effect as the Nightshade from Unreal Tournament 3 when moving: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SNMVOpLw2Ck Shows up at 6:16, though the cloaking effect is hard to see in this video. It's kinda like it's "blurring" the background passing through the object.
The guy in the first vis needs to **move away from the mic to breath in |

Simplus Massive
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 19:08:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Maestro Ulv
Originally by: Captian Archer Edited by: Captian Archer on 03/12/2007 18:42:39 Here you go
EVE Trinity Cloaking
Hmmm. Thats not what I get, must be dependant on your HDR settings etc? Mine just does the front to back thing with no transparent flashing and when its gone you can't see the ship at all.
Well, I run without HDR but with 8xQ Multisampling + Gamma Correction & Super Transparency AA & still get the "transparent flashing" to the back (!) & a floating silhouette when it's all done. Must be something else at your end.

|

Face Changelette
|
Posted - 2007.12.03 19:32:00 -
[15]
The transition effect is LUSH!
But the flashing silhouette is bearable for all of 10 seconds. Care for some epilepsy anyone?
|

velocity7
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 00:12:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Face Changelette The transition effect is LUSH!
But the flashing silhouette is bearable for all of 10 seconds. Care for some epilepsy anyone?
That's why I suggest a cloaking effect, much like what Nightshade from UT3 has. Of course, I like the transitioning, but the polygons for it need to be fixed, and it's gotta get an energy line much like what's in Ace Combat X for the Gleipnir. Plus, the transition should be just a tad bit faster, and you've got yourself a golden cloak effect. :)
|

Pociomundo
Knights of Chaos Chaos Incarnate.
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 00:27:00 -
[17]
Flashing gets very annoying quickly, might be time for a change to the sound effect loop while cloaked too, though not many people in EVE play with sound anymore.
|

General Meridus
Brutor tribe
|
Posted - 2007.12.04 00:48:00 -
[18]
Looks good. The flashing flicker stuff has GOT to go. Cov op pilots will need special meds to fly. The transition sounds are gone. I presume they will be back in later. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |