| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Molic Blackbird
Orion Faction Industries Orion Consortium
19
|
Posted - 2012.02.03 19:04:00 -
[1] - Quote
The way the button currently works in the neocom is when you have a new contract come in, it will blink for 10 seconds then stop. Prior to the neocom changes, the button would blink continuously until action was taken on the button. As someone who uses the contract system on a regular bases, could the old style of blinking be put back in?
I don't watch the contract button with enough attention to catch it within those 10 seconds of blinking. I always miss when someone has assigned a new contract to me. The old method was much better as the button would stay flashing until I did notice it. The workaround is I have to periodically open up the contract interface to see if any new contracts came in. |

themaker1971
Neutral Industries L8 Barbarian Wine and Cheese Society
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 03:25:00 -
[2] - Quote
I second this motion. End of discussion. Just do it CCP.
 |

Bhurak Cloudchaser
Cloudchaser Industries
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 03:29:00 -
[3] - Quote
I must say that I agree. |

Origami Guppy
Snafu Corp
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 03:30:00 -
[4] - Quote
please...i want to know when there is a contract that needs my attention!!
thank you
|

Drizzd
Eagle Construction Worx EVE Trade Consortium
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 03:32:00 -
[5] - Quote
Definitely agree - the UI change in this point annoys me - icons that are not important keep flashing (mail ) but contracts is easily missed flashing that short time and then behaves as if nothing happened while a TIME LIMITED offer runs ....
Where's the old flashing or at least highlighting of icons ? |

Hardrock Miner
Outland Mining
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 03:42:00 -
[6] - Quote
Its ok though because now we have the chat icon.
Seriously CCP, some of us live on contracts, Bring back the continuous blink! |

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
566
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 03:45:00 -
[7] - Quote
also.. when you log in it should automatically check for updates and start blinking. (correct me when i am wrong but i believe it did in past but stopped with the update) a eve-style bounty system https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=359105 You fail you fail you fail you fail you fail you fail you fail to jump because you are cloaked |

Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
35
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 05:10:00 -
[8] - Quote
+1 |

Terminal Insanity
Convex Enterprises Unprovoked Aggression
232
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 05:14:00 -
[9] - Quote
Molic Blackbird wrote:The way the button currently works in the neocom is when you have a new contract come in, it will blink for 10 seconds then stop. Prior to the neocom changes, the button would blink continuously until action was taken on the button. As someone who uses the contract system on a regular bases, could the old style of blinking be put back in?
I don't watch the contract button with enough attention to catch it within those 10 seconds of blinking. I always miss when someone has assigned a new contract to me. The old method was much better as the button would stay flashing until I did notice it. The workaround is I have to periodically open up the contract interface to see if any new contracts came in.
It should be optional! Let us specify the blink time =)
Also, it needs to remember the VERTICAL position of buttons... i want to put my Fitting button down near the Ship/Items buttons! |

Alaekessa
Matari Combat Research and Manufacture Inc.
23
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 06:24:00 -
[10] - Quote
themaker1971 wrote:I second this motion. End of discussion. Just do it CCP. Please and Thank You 
You forgot to ask politely, so I fixed your post, though I must also state that I do agree as well. |

Siigari Kitawa
Push Industries Push Interstellar Network
115
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 07:14:00 -
[11] - Quote
Actually, when we had the old Neocom the button would blink for about 5 seconds then it would just stay lit until action was taken. Same with every other button. Wallet, Character Sheet, Journal, etc. Need stuff moved? Push Industries will handle it. Servicing highsec and lowsec - and we do it faster and more reliably than anyone else. Ingame channel: PUSHX |

Fillingkillboards
State War Academy Caldari State
2
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 09:47:00 -
[12] - Quote
Siigari Kitawa wrote:Actually, when we had the old Neocom the button would blink for about 5 seconds then it would just stay lit until action was taken. Same with every other button. Wallet, Character Sheet, Journal, etc.
THIS... 100x this, bring it back dooo eeeeet |

Molic Blackbird
Orion Faction Industries Orion Consortium
24
|
Posted - 2012.02.04 18:24:00 -
[13] - Quote
This also affects people that I assign contracts to. As it is now, I have contact the person to let them know I have sent them a contract instead of the game doing it for me automatically like it previously did.
|

McKillin437
Taylor Diving and Salvage
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 01:40:00 -
[14] - Quote
This a great suggestion. Make it flash until action is taken. Hope "they" listen. |

Nova
SH Brotherhood
2
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 01:45:00 -
[15] - Quote
Yes CCP every once in awhile you guys do something that really has me wondering " What Was They Thinking " I'm sure it is a easy fix and one that is needed. |

Tommy Bee
MOMs Friendly Robot Company Critical.Mess
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 01:47:00 -
[16] - Quote
Yes ... I noticed that, too ...
The Tommy was not amused.  |

Andra Meikleour
LiE Industries Li3 Federation
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 02:03:00 -
[17] - Quote
Agreed |

Dal Koskanaiken
Shadowfire Enterprises Rura-Penthe
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 19:32:00 -
[18] - Quote
Yes, please change this back.
Pretty please. |

Quality First
Bane Industrial
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 20:11:00 -
[19] - Quote
This should happen, please CCP fix the button. |

9733k4nmn5232 344Jyy48
Red Frog Freight Red-Frog
0
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 21:56:00 -
[20] - Quote
+1 |

PotatoOverdose
Royal Black Watch Highlanders Flatline.
26
|
Posted - 2012.02.05 23:51:00 -
[21] - Quote
+1 |

Molic Blackbird
Orion Faction Industries Orion Consortium
30
|
Posted - 2012.02.06 07:31:00 -
[22] - Quote
No other button on the Neocom bar blinks in the way that the Contract button does.. Wallet, Mail, and character buttons all keep blinking until action is take on those buttons. |

Norian Lonark
Black Thorne Corporation Black Thorne Alliance
13
|
Posted - 2012.02.06 09:07:00 -
[23] - Quote
I didn't notice this and now that you have pointed it out I whole heartedly agree .
+1 |

Bischopt
Ice Fire Warriors Late Night Alliance
66
|
Posted - 2012.02.06 11:05:00 -
[24] - Quote
BRINK! |

Molic Blackbird
Orion Faction Industries Orion Consortium
32
|
Posted - 2012.02.07 02:21:00 -
[25] - Quote
Still hoping to get this fixed. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |