
dalman
|
Posted - 2004.03.17 18:52:00 -
[1]
Edited by: dalman on 17/03/2004 19:03:04
Quote: Well, the bottom line is that alts are not being used as the separate characters "to provide a different role-playing experience" as they are intended to be.
I'm playing both my alts. To a certain degree I use them for stuff I wouldn't do with my main. But I certainly do role-play them.
My main character is an extreme combat pilot. Specialized only for fighting while flying 2 race's battleships. He's fighting with the best and against the best pilots in the game, in the biggest battles the world has seen, and is well-known for that.
My 2:nd character is also a fighter. Flying frigates and cruisers. Rogue, and "at the dark side" and takes the opportunity if a lone hauler passes by, while also instantly heading in to attack if a known pirate is in the system. Also a bit crazy, and doesn't hesitate to attack a battleship alone, and has even attacked groups of cruisers and/or battleships alone.
My 3:rd character is a peaceful "nobody", who can fly cruisers/frigates/industrials, but seldom using a cruiser. Usually doing some mining, or maybe some agent missions etc in the central systems of the universe. And in the meantime I help lots of new players that starts out in that newbie corp, answering all their questions and giving them advice etc...
So: NO, you can't remove alts. I use them the way they were intended to. I could go along with some system of showing "who the alt belongs to", but don't touch my alts
Generally, my 2:nd character loose money and my third character makes money. They kinda make it even. As for connection with my main, I only use them to sometimes check prices and buy stuff since it takes a loooong time to travel to empire with my main. I kinda "only" play my 2:nd character while I'm too drunk to play with my main. That explains "the crazy part" and why I loose money with that one... My 3:rd is often played while I'm semi afk, or for example doing some work in matlab, ie when I can't pay the full attention to the game that's needed to play with my main.
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |