| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

crimson moon81
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 08:14:00 -
[1]
I remember reading a long time ago that CCP was going to make several ship models. It was a long time ago but i remember seeing pics. Does anyone remember this? Did they ever release those? I find myself with a little bit of extra money and would love to start an eve ship collection.

Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, not exceeding 24000 bytes, ty. If you would like further details please mail [email protected] - Cortes |

Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 08:18:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Dirk Magnum on 03/01/2008 08:19:10 edit: original post was in wrong thread
|

BubbaZanetti
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 08:53:00 -
[3]
The printing at Figure Prints is so expensive because they're one-offs. Everybody's model is different. I'm sure the price of ordering, say, fifty Stiletto's would be somewhat less than $100 per ship (at a printer (or whatever form of model) that was setup for bulk orders.
I'd be willing to fork over $40-$50 for a decently detailed full color ship model (assuming the damn store could be relied on to ever ship it... still waiting on an order from the 6th of December... "Merry Christmas, bro, your gift isn't here yet, and it won't even ship until the 5th if January, if we're lucky.").
And I'd probably get three or four different ships. |

ry ry
StateCorp Veritas Immortalis
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 11:10:00 -
[4]
we have access to a 3d printer at work, but the model itself was made out of a sort of dense cardboard-like stuff and was generally rubbish.
can you get them made out of a proper plasticky resin?
*again. |

SKINK0429
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 12:42:00 -
[5]
I think what your talking about are called rapid prototypers. They work by spraying a liquid resin out of jets that is then hardened by some sort of laser in the right place. It produces remarkable 3d models and I guess CCP already have 3d models of everything in eve so there is no cost there. My friend got a human sized head he did in maya done on one of these machines for like $100 shiped to the UK so I cnt see ships costing that much.
|

CaptainSeafort
Gallente Through the Looking Glass
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 12:56:00 -
[6]
WTB 18' Megathron model, willing to pay 40m ISK
"Planets and moons no longer hitch rides on player ships. Their towel privileges have been revoked." HHGG Lives on in EVE! |

kanojo1969
Friendship 7 Corporation STYX.
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 12:58:00 -
[7]
you can't compare one-off items done like that with die-cast models of standard ships. I can buy incredibly detailed, huge (10 inches tall maybe) metal models of quake characters with moving parts for about $30 australian. No reason why the Eve ones would be that expensive...as long as they made enough.
(note I'm not sure if those are still available, I had some back in the quake 2 days)
|

Foppemoa
Caldari Royal Swedish Capsulers Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 13:23:00 -
[8]
IF eve would start selling the ships in eve as plastic models there would be no need to use a rapid prototyping device for it like they do in figure prints. perhaps once for them to make the molds for it, but after that it would just be a matter of mass producing the models. Thus cutting the cost quite allot. I guess it's the cost for artists to paint and tweak the model afterwards that is the bigger cost.
Although it would be cool if you really could custmize your model like in figure prints. So you could have a small model of your favoruite ship and your character standing next to it (post ambulation perhaps?)
--------------------------------------------
Originally by: GLaDOS "But there is no sense crying over every mistake You just keep on trying until you run out of cake"
|

Syraine
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 13:25:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Syraine on 03/01/2008 13:25:39 I am sort of surprised that no one has tried to turn their car into an eve ship on wheels with some custom body work. I have seen one that was turned into a Star Trek shuttle. Maybe only a matter of time?
|

Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
|
Posted - 2008.01.03 13:48:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Dirk Magnum on 03/01/2008 13:48:14
Originally by: Syraine Edited by: Syraine on 03/01/2008 13:25:39 I am sort of surprised that no one has tried to turn their car into an eve ship on wheels with some custom body work. I have seen one that was turned into a Star Trek shuttle. Maybe only a matter of time?
I know I saw some object Eve-ified at Fanfest. **** if I can coherently recall what the **** it was
edit: it was definitely something though
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |