| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Icy One
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 04:50:00 -
[1]
Ever since the influence maps first hit the forums people were always saying that it would be so good if there was an animated version. There have been a few tries at this which have been good but were only updated a few times and were left to die.
This is where that all changes. I have not developed an automated animated map generator which is viewable in browser with Flash or you can download the MPEGs.
There is one map which shows all the maps from 1st Sept 2007 until current, then there is a separate map for each month. At the moment the maps are updated once a week but this will be changing once I have fully optimised the script.
You can view all this here: http://icyone.net/map/
If you have any feedback then EVE Mail me and I will see what I can do...
This would not have been possible without the following people:
EVE-Dev.net (The guys that make the maps that are used for my animations) - Forum PostVerite Rendition ('Temporary Caretaker' of the EVE Influence Map) - Forum PostPaladin Vent (The original creator of the generator) - Forum Post
Thanks Guys!
|

Orion Moonstar
Ultrapolite Socialites GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 04:50:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Orion Moonstar on 11/01/2008 04:50:55 Hmmmmmm. I think I like it, needs more bees.
EDIT: If the screenshots didn't have all the other random windows changing, it would be cooler. Try to tween the animation, not just slideshow.
http://www.dariusjohnson.org/dec20bobts.mp3 http://www.daitengu.com/ohgod/dec20bobts.mp3 |

Idaeus
Earned In Blood
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 04:53:00 -
[3]
OK, I like this. Now I have something to show people when I try to describe EVE 0.0.
Earned In Blood |

Icy One
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 04:55:00 -
[4]
If the map generator generated maps without the sov change lists then I would defiantly use those I will look into setting up my own map generator and leave out the sov list.
I am not sure about the tweening but I haven't actually looked... its on the list.
|

Shikome Alluin
Genco Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2008.01.11 05:10:00 -
[5]
All hail the infection 
|

Majin82
Caldari g guild Imperial Republic Of the North
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 05:48:00 -
[6]
Not Bad, needs soome tweeking but I like it. ------------------------------------- The difference between a Pirate and an Anti-Pirate is that an Anti-Pirate fights ships fitted with guns!
Passive Drake For The Win |

Arekhon
Mutually Assured Distraction
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 06:44:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Orion Moonstar Edited by: Orion Moonstar on 11/01/2008 04:50:55 Hmmmmmm. I think I like it, needs more bees. .
now with more [BEES]....
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap [BEES] |

cydex
PPN United Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2008.01.12 11:53:00 -
[8]
very cool, keep it up 
|

Revolution Rising
Venture Research and Resources New Eden Research
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 05:28:00 -
[9]
2 things you need off hand.
1) be able to zoom. 2) end shot shouldn't be a blank black screen.
VRR Homepage
|

Anika Mobius
The Core Collective
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 09:03:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Anika Mobius on 13/01/2008 09:04:07 Since this is flash, can I recommenda 0.2 second (2 frame) AB disolve between each map switch? It'll look a lot more professional and animated.
But overall, love the maps - and this is very cool. Keep up the good work m8. 
|

Kilostream
Caldari Roving Guns Inc. RAZOR Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.01.13 11:42:00 -
[11]
Dunno if it's me being a n00b (most probably) but the switch to fullscreen button doesn't work - so although I see all the pretty colours moving and shifting, I can't see enough detail to find out what/whom all the pretty colours represent!
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |