| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

EagleHawk RockClimber
|
Posted - 2004.03.30 18:55:00 -
[31]
Truth or Rumor? one person has recieved 3 inteceptor bpos?
I have no way to verify those sorts of rumors. I have corp mates that know people that have been going for the Morphite Ring of Starship Engineering since day one. Problem with that as has been succintly posted prviously is that there are a LOT of ppl on the merry go round...
Then again those same cop mates know ppl that have goten on the smaller populated merry-go-rounds and gotten some of those less than optimum bpos such as Kinetic dampner 2 a 17.5% t2 shield hardner.. after less than 500 RPs. OBVIOUSLY the GRAND prize will be the BIG one. the Grand KAHOONA. The Monster Starship! Be prepared to be dissapointed since the top of the hill is small and there are lots of people trying to get there.
That the process is being reviewed for possible revamp, eases my mind. The fact that my agent keeps wanting Science Graduates on a regular schedule is bothersome and makes me wonder if I really want to fly in a starship developed in a lab where they regularly kill off their scientists... I could be warping through Ammar null space and spring a radiation leak......!
Keep your head down and your chin up. Regards.
|

MiloMorai
|
Posted - 2004.03.30 22:34:00 -
[32]
I would love to be one of the people that have gotten Interceptor BPO's. Unfortunately I have only gotten Magnetic Plating II, Energized Thermic Plating II and just got ANOTHER Magnetic Plating II. It's great that I keep getting BPO's but it sucks that I am getting them at LOW RP and the item is rather cruddy. There are too many people with HUGE amounts of RP that have gotten nothing. If they had offers and refused them no complaints then. This repeatedly being LUCKY just doesn't seem like the randomness PapaS was after.
I do appreciate that PapaS talks to us here though. Thanks, Papa.
I collect ships. Can I have yours? |

Lucre
|
Posted - 2004.03.31 10:55:00 -
[33]
Quote:
Quote: If there is an issue, one possible solution would be if your research agent would undock from time to time in a frigate so we could blow the living bejesus out of him/her.
And if you kill the frigate it drops a bp.
Though of course this is a Gallente Shuttle 1-run bpc at me0...
|

Prins Darkness
|
Posted - 2004.03.31 11:34:00 -
[34]
Do you realy believe doing the same R&D agent for 2.5 months now and getting nothing is fun, even if i have a very good agent standing. Loosing play hours and isk for what ? M'8'S |

gonavy
|
Posted - 2004.03.31 16:35:00 -
[35]
Papa
So what time frame are you on here? 1 week or 2 weeks a month? Or are you just waiting for the patch to then tell us it was fixed? Which will mean it was broken. But nothing was done about it for months.
|

LiverpoolFC
|
Posted - 2004.03.31 17:16:00 -
[36]
Well I got 2 accounts with 1 agent on 28,000 RP's and the other agent on 14,000 rps. Both doing starship engineering but for different races.
Still no sign of a BP.
It would be nice to know if the system is broke and what is going to happen to fix it and some estimated timescale, days weeks or worse still SOON tm.
|

ThePoet
|
Posted - 2004.03.31 20:15:00 -
[37]
It would give me hope about doing my R&D agent to know that there is some progress etc towards determining if the distribution is indeed random. I guess i dont mind going to my agent every day but it'd be nice to know that I'm not just slamming my head against a wall once a day...every day...for weeks on end... 
|

Ravenal
|
Posted - 2004.04.01 12:37:00 -
[38]
new idea instead of the lottery...
well, tech 1 items are upgraded to their tech 2 counterparts... why not upgrade the tech 1 blueprints to tech 2?
it would be like this: you go to a research agent and ask him to research this blueprint (which you provide him) and suggest upgrades. You also bring him a tech 1 module/ship/whatever that the agent will use to test the upgrades.
i would like to suggest that you actually have to use a laboratory slot to perform the actual upgrade, however certain things may have to be done...
anyway, your research agent suggests possible upgrades or asks for items to test possible ones (normal research agent missions). When the research is completed (depending on slowly increasing percentage odds or something) you take the blueprint to a laboratory > install it > select the tech 2 upgrade > provide the needed components (tech 1 module/ship/whatever and a tech 2 upgrade report from your research agent/s).
the process might need a few runs to complete...but will result in an upgraded module/ship/whatever (most likely at the cost of a few additional modules/ships/whatevers) and the tech 2 blueprint used to upgrade the tech 1 items to their tech 2 counterpart.
consider it for a minute ...
...new sig coming up Ravenal - Fate is what you make of it. |

Harisdrop
|
Posted - 2004.04.01 16:39:00 -
[39]
Change is a relative term. I have different ideas. That does not mean I am wrong, just different. Patterns in the RL lottery does not mean there is cheating(number 25 has come up 3 of the last 5 times out of 8 numbers).
If the formula for the calculation and rewards for each BP was supplied then everything will be known. We would know its based on whole RP and not anything else. I do not disagree. The problem is there is no known Dev code out thier now for us to see. Rumors will be made, and spread. Who is right and wrong we will never know.
I am not for keeping things the same. I am just a realist. Believing what I know to be current understanding, reasons behind results are part of the mystery. If Papa deems it important to share his intense coding so be it. Otherwise why try to program which is not yours to program. Accept that you will never know and move on. --------------------------
Garsh ma it soo cool killing people in there space thingies |

Ankh
|
Posted - 2004.04.02 00:19:00 -
[40]
With all this concern about players with small amounts of RP's getting more than one starship bp, is the converse true... have some players with 20,000 plus RP's also been getting the bp's?
At least that would give us the encouragement to collect even more airmiles (sorry, RP's) with some hope of a possible return on the investment.
|

gonavy
|
Posted - 2004.04.02 00:57:00 -
[41]
I'm just wanting him to tell us what he has found out like he said he would. Also, if he isn't going to know anything for 1 week, 2 weeks or 6 months that is what I would like to know. There have been questions raised with no answers from CCP. Just like all the CSM's, where CCP will say we will look into some problem and then you never hear a thing from them. Then most of the time 2 months down the road someone will ask the same question and they act like they have never heard of the problem. I just want some answers. Isn't this game supose to be fun? I know everyone isn't going to get a tech 2 blue print. But I would like to think that we all have a shot at one. Other wise why waste your time doing missions for 3 months. I also know that I don't have to do missons but there isn't any other way for me to get a tech 2 blue Print.
|

Papa Smurf
|
Posted - 2004.04.02 09:48:00 -
[42]
The conclusion to this issue is:
- There was a flaw in the lottery logic early on in the lottery, allowing people with low RPs a much greater chance than they should have in the lottery, although never exceeding the chance of a person with high RPs. The fact that the majority of people have low RPs skewed the results.
- I identified and fixed it a couple of weeks after the discussion was at it's most heated.
- Having evaluated the damage caused by the bug, while considerable in the short term, it was deemed inappropriate to take further actions.
- Since then I have monitored the lottery draws off and on to verify that the bug was indeed fixed. I'm pretty sure it is now.
- Changes to the research agent system are highly likely in Shiva.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |