| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Trebor Daehdoow
Gallente LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.02.18 14:13:00 -
[1]
EViE is a web-based EVE-Online skill monitor applet for the iPhone / iPod Touch that runs entirely in the built-in Safari browser. It's free (and GPL), but if you want to help a poor newbie podder out and lay some ISK on him, who am I to refuse?
http://www.madoverlord.com/projects/evie.t
EViE features include:
Automatic loading of character and skill information.
Large countdown timer.
Alerts you if the end time is during or near the daily downtime.
Selectable display of skills (All, Known, or Partially-Trained). Known skills are displayed in green, partially-trained in yellow, and unknown in grey.
Optional display of skill descriptions and training time to next level.
Nice background image (a tiled version of the DEM L 190 Supernova Remnant). However, I'm looking for a nicer one...
Automatic refresh.
Mimics the iPhone interface fairly decently.
Lots of preferences, which you can store in the URL.
If you add the page to your Home Screen, it'll use your character's image as the icon (alas, mine is still the stupid exclamation point!)
I am indebted to Althea Nar'agh, author of Google Eve Monitor, and Blue Wraith, author of the Eve Skill Monitor Dashboard Widget, whose code was extremely helpful as I was figuring out how to access the EVE API.
Enjoy, R World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! |

Althea Nar'agh
StarHunt Fallout Project
|
Posted - 2008.02.18 14:53:00 -
[2]
/signed :)
War. War never changes.
Training Monitor / iMonitor / iCEO iPOS iHelp |

Trebor Daehdoow
Gallente LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.02.18 16:40:00 -
[3]
Oh, here's a screenshot of what it looks like...
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! |

Zodiac Fade
|
Posted - 2008.02.18 20:51:00 -
[4]
No matter what under ID / API key, only the info for "Trebor Daehdoow" shows up.
|

Trebor Daehdoow
Gallente LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.02.18 22:23:00 -
[5]
You are almost certainly mistyping the arguments to the url. If EViE can't find the eveUserID and eveAPIKey arguments (*not* UserID / APIKey) it defaults to using mine.
If you want to email me a userID/APIKey pair that I can use for testing, I'll double-check this. Email link is on the project page.
Best R
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! |

Zodiac Fade
|
Posted - 2008.02.18 22:30:00 -
[6]
You are correct, I sent another email to my phone and the link works correctly now. Very cool, thanks!
|

Trebor Daehdoow
Gallente LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.02 19:52:00 -
[7]
Just updated EViE with some new features:
* You can now give skills priorities that affect how they are displayed, which makes it easy to set up a skill training roster. Priorities can be stored in the URL so they are remembered between sessions.
* Fixed a bug; EViE really didn't like it if you had no implants. Of course, an EViE user had to get podded for me to find this...
http://www.madoverlord.com/projects/evie.t
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! |

Trebor Daehdoow
Gallente LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.05 01:20:00 -
[8]
More new features:
* Better handling of errors like the API server being down.
* Tapping on a skill gives you full info even if skill descriptions turned off.
* Skill priority interface a little slicker.
http://www.madoverlord.com/projects/evie.t
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! |

Tesshier
|
Posted - 2008.03.09 03:08:00 -
[9]
Is it possible to remove background image? I really don't like it :) Beside that great app |

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.14 14:48:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Tesshier Is it possible to remove background image? I really don't like it :)
Philistine!
A new version of EViE is now available. It has the following new features:
* Now stores preference settings in cookies - so the URL will not have to change when you change your settings.
* Syncs pref settings between multiple clients - so if you make a change to your skill priorities on your iPhone, when you use EViE on your laptop, the preferences will transfer there!
* You can turn off the background 
Check it out once the API server comes back up...
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Tesshier
Capital Produce Quantum Star Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.03.14 21:43:00 -
[11]
Thanks work great :)
Is it possible to show only skill that is actually trained? I mean no other skills are shown (i have few partial that i will never train so i don't really have to see them).
How is work on actual app going? |

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.14 23:26:00 -
[12]
You can display either all skills, all known skills, or just partially-trained skills. I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking for -- excluding known skills with 0 skill points?
As for a native app, I'm waiting a while until the iPhone development system goes through a cycle or two of bugfixes; I've done the early implementer thing before, and it ain't worth it for a labor of love like this.
Also, the restrictions in the iPhone API mean that a native app wouldn't add all that much; you can't run in the background, and I don't think you can trigger other apps (like telling iCal to add an event).
One cute trick I am considering is allowing the webapp to tell the proxy to queue up an skill training completion alert, and when that fires off, sending the phone a SMS via an email-to-SMS gateway.
It really helps to have a custom proxy, you can have it do a lot of stuff that the phone can't do! The server-side cookie sync cache is just one example. If you have some other cute ideas, let me know.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Tesshier
Capital Produce Quantum Star Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.03.15 11:14:00 -
[13]
I ment to hide all skills except the one you tar currently training |

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.22 15:46:00 -
[14]
OK, some MAJOR upgrades to EViE!
* You can disable the skill display (there you go, Tesshier)
* When EViE runs on a non-iPhone browser, it goes into a multicolumn mode to use up as much of the window as possible, with dynamic reformatting as you change the window size.
And, saving the best for last:
* EViE can now send you End of Skill Training alert emails at your choice of any (or all!) of T-60, -30, -15, -10 and/or -5 minutes. And if you happen to know the email-to-SMS gateway email address for your phone, these emails can appear on your phone (even if it's not an iPhone!) as SMS text messages! On the EViE homepage is a link to a list of many of these gateways.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

MICC WARKORR
Amarr Shipping Corporation
|
Posted - 2008.03.22 16:21:00 -
[15]
Hi, Looks and sounds cool, when you say non i-phone browser do you mean that other phones can use this?, I have a blackberry
Thanks --★★★★★★★--
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that can read Binary and those that can't. |

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.23 00:06:00 -
[16]
Originally by: MICC WARKORR Hi, Looks and sounds cool, when you say non i-phone browser do you mean that other phones can use this?, I have a blackberry
Thanks
I have no idea if the Blackberry can run the actual EViE webapp (it requires javascript, AJAX and CSS2.1). However, even if you can't display the webapp on your *****berry, you can certainly run EViE on any of your PCs in a browser (I know Safari can handle it, and Firefox works with some minor visual glitches [because they don't support CSS2.1 properly]. I have yet to try Internet Exploder).
And, if you can run EViE on a browser somewhere, you can have it send emails which will get pushed to your *****berry.
One nice little feature is that EViE proxy synchronizes your preference settings between different browsers, so you can run it on, say, both your home and work PCs, and any changes you make on one will appear on the other as soon as you reload the page. Also, because the email alerts are handled on the proxy, all you have to do is load EViE on any browser after you change skill training, and the webapp will tell the proxy about your new skill training completion time; after that, you can dismiss the browser window (but why would you want to?)
PS: to anyone who tried the new version of EViE and had problems connecting to the server, a bug quickly popped up as soon as I made the new version live (multiple people pounding on it wakes the bugs up and they start scuttling around). I've fix this (I hope!) and it should be working again now...
Also, I've done some browser compatibility testing, and the quick version is that Safari (Mac/Win/iPhone/iPod) and Firefox (Mac/Win) can run EViE, but Internet Exploder and Opera can't, for a variety of gruesome reasons, which I've documented on the project page with a level of vitriol that cannot come close to truly expressing how I really feel.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.23 23:00:00 -
[17]
EViE now runs on Internet Exploder 7. You cannot imagine the pain I endured while getting it to work.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.24 21:28:00 -
[18]
EViE nows displays skill prerequisites when you tap on a skill.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.25 20:43:00 -
[19]
And, because I got annoyed trying to find a particular skill, you can now do keyword searches on skill names and descriptions to find things. Wanna know what skills might affect your CPU usage? Search for "CPU"...
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.26 22:49:00 -
[20]
And because that made the prefs panel too big, I've made it into a hierarchy.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Trebor Daehdoow
LEAP Corp
|
Posted - 2008.03.28 02:02:00 -
[21]
EViE now also sings along with Opera on both Mac and Windows. Plus, I tweaked the the UI to make it even more precisely mimic the iPhone user interface.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Trebor Daehdoow
|
Posted - 2008.04.05 14:04:00 -
[22]
Based on a user suggestion, just added ability to tap on skill group headers to collapse down to a headers-only view, then tap on another header to expand and scroll to that skill group. Makes navigation of long lists on the iPhone easier.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Carina Vela
Stellar Research Incorporated Caldari Deep Space Industral
|
Posted - 2008.04.06 23:16:00 -
[23]
Thanks, this is a great app! :)
Now I can check my skill countdown at all times like the obsessive compulsive that I am!
Keep up the hard work! :D
|

Trebor Daehdoow
Gallente LEAP Corp Ursa Stellar Initiative
|
Posted - 2008.05.07 12:02:00 -
[24]
Made a minor tweak to the applet that changes how it stores its data in cookies, so that you can now have multiple windows in the same browser displaying different accounts (yeah, I started training an alt...) with different preferences and priorities.
World Domination - It's fun for the entire family! EViE - The iPhone / iPod Touch Skill Training Monitor
|

Rotodome
|
Posted - 2008.06.13 02:25:00 -
[25]
Sounds great! How secure is this application?
|

Trefor Rhys
|
Posted - 2008.06.26 16:29:00 -
[26]
is it still live? I can't load the page either from my desktop or from my ipod touch.
|

Thaali Tyrnearaheal
|
Posted - 2008.07.26 20:40:00 -
[27]
is it still available. I can't seem to find the download button. Have you thought about turning it into an App and posting it on iTunes?
good hunting
|

neamiah
|
Posted - 2008.08.18 02:37:00 -
[28]
Edited by: neamiah on 18/08/2008 02:38:16 YEAH!!! Gonna sent you some ISK just for trying. This is so nice!!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!
PLEASE DON'T STOP DEVELOPING THIS!! If you do, let me know. We will host it on my servers in our data center in Tampa and have our guys push more developement on it. We are an AJAX, PHP shop. 
Hit me from our website at United Systems from the contact page. Mention EVE on the iPhone and my boys will schlep it over to me. They know the boss is a gamer.
|

Micovoy Lavoye
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 08:40:00 -
[29]
Wow! This is great! I will send you some isk... even if I'm poor! 
|

Natasha Xi
|
Posted - 2008.10.29 12:41:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Trebor Daehdoow EViE now runs on Internet Exploder 7. You cannot imagine the pain I endured while getting it to work.
Used it! Will be sending a wedge of iskies in your direction! C'mon people, don't be asshats - if you use it, donate!
\o/ for EviE!
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |