| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Cergorach
Amarr The Helix Foundation
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 00:13:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Astorothe The last four years of mining and stockpiling Veld will finally pay off!!! *shakes fist at the Eve gods* 
Are you sure your not a Chribba alt? ;-)
|

Kushion
Anti Sweden Defense Force
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 05:45:00 -
[32]
If they ever remove the shuttle cap and trit really explodes... Chribba will make multi-trillions overnight. --
Taggart Transdimensional corporation - | Capitalism | Objectivism | 0.0 | No taxes | No mandatory ops | Join channel TAGGART for more info | |

Lithalnas
Amarr Headcrabs
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 06:12:00 -
[33]
in all honestly i think this is a temporary market panic spike, when mineral speculators put their stuff into the market at its now overpriced rate, we should see it return to reasonalble figures.
and its not like this is the end of minerals people. -------------
fixed for greater eve content |

YouGotRipped
Gallente Ewigkeit
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 11:30:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Lithalnas in all honestly i think this is a temporary market panic spike, when mineral speculators put their stuff into the market at its now overpriced rate, we should see it return to reasonalble figures.
and its not like this is the end of minerals people.
^^^This^^^
|

Yuck Fu
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 12:12:00 -
[35]
Is it just me that hates the fact that Trit is capped?
What possable reason could there be for capping it and not other lowends? If they are going to cap Trit then they should set the bar stupidly high.. like 8isk per unit or somthing. Its a market... let it do its thing ...
for instance ..If due to crazy trit miners strike Trit should worth 6 isk per unit then it should be worth 6 isk per unit. Rather than should be worth 6 isk per unit but is actualy only 3.6 because i can melt shuttles..
Personaly i would rather they got rid of the silly shuttle cap and used Dev spawnd Trit to ease the market in times of need.. at leaste that way i wouldnt know...
|

Nyphur
Pillowsoft
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 12:42:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Yuck Fu Is it just me that hates the fact that Trit is capped?
What possable reason could there be for capping it and not other lowends?
You're assuming it was intentional. Do you really think the devs sat down and decided that refining thousands of npc-market-bought shuttles should be a cost-effective way of getting tritanium? Back in the day, trit was only around 1 per unit and it has risen a lot since then. The issue with artificial upper caps only comes into play when mineral prices rise above a certain amount and it's not limited to trit. If mineral prices rise across the board by enough, refining npc-sold modules and ships other than shuttles becomes cost-effective.
And don't forget the lower floor of prices caused by the insurance system. The minerals to build a particular ship in total cannot cost less than 70% of its insurance payout (which is insurance payout minus insurance cost). If batch prices for a particular ship fell under that by a few percent, there'd profit to be had in building, insuring and destroying those ships.
And let's not kid ourselves that veldspar is the most significant source of tritanium in eve, mining hasn't been the most effective way to get minerals for years. Mission-running and ratting for refinable loot is still way ahead of it and much less boring. The mineral compression nerf hit this pretty hard but the new marauders have a huge cargo bay just right for collecting loot when ratting/missionrunning.
Eve-Tanking.com - We're sorry, something happened. |

YouGotRipped
Gallente Ewigkeit
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 12:49:00 -
[37]
Edited by: YouGotRipped on 07/03/2008 12:55:26
INFLATION means indeed bigger profits (as in more worthless digits). There is no reason to remove the cap unless you'd want to put more money in the hands of a few that already had piles of it and can afford grand scale manipulation with low margins. (low enough not to cause everyone to start mining).
|

Nummb
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 13:10:00 -
[38]
Another great thing about rising mineral prices is people who have not adjusted their sell orders. I won't name the ship, but there are far more efficient ships to purchase and melt than shuttles and they are all player made.
I.E. player A likes to build ships, especially frigates and cruisers. He either mines and thinks minerals are free, or doesn't have a spreadsheet that links together mineral cost + manufacturing cost + broker fee's = sell cost. I purchased roughly 150 million worth of frigates in the last two days that melted down into minerals worth 190 million worth of minerals which I then sold back on the market. It's a win win I guess, they sold their ship, I made 40 million isk for doing nothing more than right click - reprocess - right click sell. It's like the easy button I suppose.
Either way, I like higher mineral prices, I just shift my tactics a bit.
Originally by: Shadarle Roleplaying may be a good way to get chicks... not sure it works for investors. Unless the investors are chicks.
|

Yuck Fu
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 13:12:00 -
[39]
I wasnt around when Trit was 1 isk per unit and I guess in that case it could be argued that 3.6 isk per unit is already a "very high" cap for Trit. The fact that CCP havent stopped the shuttle cap when it is so widely known about is a fairly good sign they see no problem with the idea of a mineral price cap.
With regard to supply and reprocessing... Because these Minerals are a Byproduct of other money making activitys, like mission running and ratting, the importance of getting the best price is somewhat less to the seller. I mean he just got 50mill worth of bountys and the trit is just a bonus. Where as a miners income is souly the minerals.
If mining was the Major source of Lowends then im willing to be the price would be much higher. Mining is boring and i better get payed well for it etc.. So having it capped like this is part of what makes mining less attractive to new players and thus lowers the amount of miners which inturn makes Mod Reprocessing the larger Mineral faucet.
|

Motivated Prophet
Zerodot Schools Power Corrupts Industry's
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 14:33:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Alz Shado My guesses: *snip* Mp 10000
Damn, I'm cheap.  
MP --
Proud steward of 47 billion isk in public money, and counting. Ask me about mineral compressionexpansion! WTF? |

Cor Aidan
ReZZerecteD AlckemisTs
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 15:42:00 -
[41]
All I can say, based on my current mission running capabilities (and I can only run L3 easily at the moment), is that mineral prices have a long way to rise before I'll stop running missions and mine when I need minerals.
|

Nyphur
Pillowsoft
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 15:46:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Yuck Fu
I wasnt around when Trit was 1 isk per unit and I guess in that case it could be argued that 3.6 isk per unit is already a "very high" cap for Trit. The fact that CCP havent stopped the shuttle cap when it is so widely known about is a fairly good sign they see no problem with the idea of a mineral price cap.
The fact that they already removed the lower coupling array trit cap at their economist's request and that he's suggested they remove the shuttle one too contradicts that assumption.
Eve-Tanking.com - We're sorry, something happened. |

TeddyBr FTW
Caldari TeddyBr's Revenge
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 17:41:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Shadarle Looks like the speculators have hit the mineral market. Price explosions all over.
I'm guessing this is due in part to the GS hulkscapades...
I'm sure you are correct about this. I even have made much more isk on the ice I've just sold. And I've decided to funnel it all back into my wardec against the Goonies. (sorta like them helping pay for there own ships getting killed) 
Now I know this small wardec isn't going to destroy the goons. But there are many ways of 'winning' in eve. For me one way is to create some buzz (I think I've done that!) And another way is to kill off as many people like the Goonies who attack and kill innocent miners and industrialists. (Of which I am one)
So if you want to help out the cause come visit my post (below) and send in whatever ammount of isk you feel led to do so. I promise you that this is all about the Goonies dying and every isk sent in will go towards that goal.
Goonie Gasbags On Notice: Death Is Coming (R.E.P.O. Hired)
|

Ulstan
|
Posted - 2008.03.07 22:50:00 -
[44]
Quote: If you're making more money on minerals by missionrunning than you would by mining now, that won't change if prices rise. The only thing that would change it is if the rate of gaining minerals decreased for missionrunners relative to miners.
I took it as his overall profit was higher running missions than mining. If mineral prices rose high enough, it's conceivable mining would be more lucrative, since mineral reprocessing is only part of the payout for missions.
|

Nyphur
Pillowsoft
|
Posted - 2008.03.08 00:29:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Ulstan
Quote: If you're making more money on minerals by missionrunning than you would by mining now, that won't change if prices rise. The only thing that would change it is if the rate of gaining minerals decreased for missionrunners relative to miners.
I took it as his overall profit was higher running missions than mining. If mineral prices rose high enough, it's conceivable mining would be more lucrative, since mineral reprocessing is only part of the payout for missions.
*hits forehead* Of course, that's probably what he meant.
Eve-Tanking.com - We're sorry, something happened. |

Cor Aidan
ReZZerecteD AlckemisTs
|
Posted - 2008.03.08 01:30:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Nyphur
*hits forehead* Of course, that's probably what he meant.
Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't word it that well (I edited, but quite a while after the original post due to lunch and meetings.)
|

Alz Shado
Ever Flow
|
Posted - 2008.03.10 20:05:00 -
[47]
Edited by: Alz Shado on 10/03/2008 20:14:42
Originally by: Cor Aidan Edited by: Cor Aidan on 07/03/2008 19:05:53 All I can say, based on my current mission running capabilities (and I can only run L3 easily at the moment), is that mineral prices have a long way to rise before I'll stop running missions to mine when I need minerals.
Edit: Changed the last sentence with the word 'to'...makes a big difference!
All I can say, based on my current Market and Refining capabilities (and I can refine to 99.5% with no loss due to standings) is that mineral prices have a Long way to rise before I'll stop buying mission loot by the freighterload to mine when I need minerals.
Originally by: Motivated Prophet Damn, I'm cheap.
Mp might not be going for what it used to, but it's still quite rare and is always in demand 
------------------- "Kill a man one is a murderer; kill a million, a conqueror; kill them all, a God." -- Jean Rostand |

Rasta Farian
Rasta Tropical Club
|
Posted - 2008.03.10 22:12:00 -
[48]
NPC shuttle prices should go to at least 20k each.
|

Danari
Amarr Viper Squad Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.03.11 05:32:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Rasta Farian NPC shuttle prices should go to at least 20k each.
What's laughable is the guy who spends like an hour of factory time to sell a shuttle for less than npc cost 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |