| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Vendris
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:26:00 -
[1]
Hypothetical question - What if Doriam Kor-Azor outlawed slavery tomorrow, all the holders chose to uphold the ruling, and all the other empires that do not already have an anti-slavery stance followed suit? What if all the slaves in the galaxy were suddenly emancipated?
What would a freedom fighter or terrorist do if they suddenly got what they've been fighting for, and their reason to be was suddenly no more?
|

Rodj Blake
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:30:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Rodj Blake on 15/04/2004 14:31:59 Well at least some of the terrorists have the destruction of the Empire as an objective not only to "release" the adopted workers, but as an act of vengeance for imaginary insults in the past.
So I'd guess they'd find some reason or another to continue thier heinous activities.
Dolce et decorum est pro imperator mori |

Stront3h
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:38:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Stront3h on 15/04/2004 14:44:51 Of course we would Rodj, after all we'd hate to leave you unemployed  
[Edit] Erm.. I would call the enslaving of an entire race an 'imaginary insult' |

Tsual
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:38:00 -
[4]
I would change my agenda from convert the Amarrian one day and free the slave to soley convert the Amarrian one day. --------------------------------------
Tsual - Miner from faith, frigat junky for life. Ritual of the Qua'nadhar. |

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:40:00 -
[5]
work damn hard at reintergrating the former slaves into proper society.
And hunt down the law breakers thatdidn't follow suit. I have no qualms with an Empire that honestly turns it's back on the brutal domination of others.
But it's a pipe dream cause we all know that even if the Emperor wanted to, he wont casue civil war would break out, thus makeing the law of "God" null an void. The Amarr empire would crumble at the realiations that it's emperor is nothing more than a simple man. ---------------------------------
|

Gaius Kador
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:42:00 -
[6]
Quote: The Amarr empire would crumble at the realiations that it's emperor is nothing more than a simple man.
Ah but he is not, Ashe. You are not discussing reality right now, remember ;) ----------------------------------------------
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:45:00 -
[7]
Edited by: Bad Harlequin on 15/04/2004 14:47:00
Quote: Hypothetical question - What if Doriam Kor-Azor outlawed slavery tomorrow, all the holders chose to uphold the ruling, and all the other empires that do not already have an anti-slavery stance followed suit? What if all the slaves in the galaxy were suddenly emancipated?
What would a freedom fighter or terrorist do if they suddenly got what they've been fighting for, and their reason to be was suddenly no more?
Vendris, what if personal wealth and profit were outlawed and the State experienced a Marxist revolution tomorrow, and everyone univerally agreed and went along with abolishing money as we know it? 
The key word is "all." What i would do is beat my artillery into roidshares and rejoice, but neither of these scenarios will happen in our lifetimes, and you know it. More to the point and germaine to your question is that there will be, after any such declaration, holdouts and reactionaries. We are not ants or groupminds - not even you, brother Caldari . There will always be those who attempt to preserve the old order / way of life / personal power.
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Tsual
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:47:00 -
[8]
Quote:
Quote: The Amarr empire would crumble at the realiations that it's emperor is nothing more than a simple man.
Ah but he is not, Ashe. You are not discussing reality right now, remember ;)
He is a simple man, it's only a teocratic system that gives him a special position, hoever you can believe what you believe, I keep on Thinking what I think. --------------------------------------
Tsual - Miner from faith, frigat junky for life. Ritual of the Qua'nadhar. |

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:50:00 -
[9]
Quote:
Quote: The Amarr empire would crumble at the realiations that it's emperor is nothing more than a simple man.
Ah but he is not, Ashe. You are not discussing reality right now, remember ;)
heh heh heh *grins knowingly* ---------------------------------
|

Lora Baenre
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:51:00 -
[10]
Here's a 'hypothetical proposition': The 'Emperor' can release all the women slaves. I do not care what he does with the male ones. That should be a nice compromise, don't you think? PIGS.
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 14:52:00 -
[11]
Thats a new twist on things ---------------------------------
|

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 15:24:00 -
[12]
Fun topic.
[Heterocephalus glaber]
|

Ezar Vorbarra
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 17:41:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Ezar Vorbarra on 15/04/2004 17:42:17
Quote: Edited by: Stront3h on 15/04/2004 14:44:51 Of course we would Rodj, after all we'd hate to leave you unemployed  
[Edit] Erm.. I would call the enslaving of an entire race an 'imaginary insult'
You would still have the Dark Amarr to deal with.
If His Imperial majesty decreed that all slaves were to be freed, I would obey immediately. Emperor Doriam Kor-Azor rules through divine right, all authority is granted him in the Holy Scriptures.
Our cousins in the Khanid kingdom would probably have a good laugh at our expense, and continue to live their lives whatever way they see fit - slaves included.
- Deacon Ezar Vorbarra --
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 18:34:00 -
[14]
Quote: Our cousins in the Khanid kingdom would probably have a good laugh at our expense, and continue to live their lives whatever way they see fit - slaves included.
- Deacon Ezar Vorbarra
Then I will gladly kill them, until they learn to live otherwise, even so, I would have to avenge my wife by finding the one's responsible and killing them ---------------------------------
|

dalman
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 19:22:00 -
[15]
Quote: If slavery ended tomorrow...
... I would go "WTF, who's gonna build my ships now?"
Good thing that it won't happen in stain
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 19:29:00 -
[16]
I'll leave a response to that from C4 and Oracle ---------------------------------
|

Mijstor Jedann
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 19:30:00 -
[17]
Quote: Hypothetical question - What if Doriam Kor-Azor outlawed slavery tomorrow, all the holders chose to uphold the ruling
Only when my frozen corpse is turned into stardust over Oris and all cloning facilities in eve are destroyed, will I allow this. Spare me the rubbish of -that can be arranged- and -ok where are you 'atm'- Just read and retain. ____________________
"Amarr alone, delivered herself."
|

haggis
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 21:59:00 -
[18]
I think the next step would have to be forgiveness.
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.15 22:45:00 -
[19]
Difficult...
yet if breeding an Amarrian with a Matari is possible, perhaps anything is...
I cannot say... my scars run too deep...
too deep ---------------------------------
|

Ardor
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 00:30:00 -
[20]
Minmatar got two main attributes: they breed like rabbits and a criminal instinct is in their genes. Many of the larger criminal groups are run by Minmatars. The Minmatar constantly warred against each other before the Amarr brought law and order to them. The Nefantar joined the Amarr for this reason.
One third of all Minmatar are enslaved. This are the lucky Minmatar. They have work, food and a place to sleep. If you release them they will flood Gallente space and the so called Minmatar Republic. I assume the Caldari will close their borders. Without work and food they will start to murder and pillage. Anarchy and chaos everywhere...
Slavery is justified by the holy scriptures. Slavery is the will of God. Doriam won't be so stupid and act versus the will of God by freeing slaves. In the end he would meet the same fate as Zaragram II.
The Khanid Kingdom is strong to defend itself proven by history. Unfortunatly I doubt we are strong enough to clean up such a mess. Freeing slaves is a bad idea. Midular knows it. The Gallente Senat knows it. We all know it.
Now please someone sell some slaves in Khanid Prime to me. My research agent needs a lot of human organism for experiments.
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 08:37:00 -
[21]
Enter Mr Generalistion once again. Who'll complain just as much when a Minmatar does exactlythe same    ---------------------------------
|

Guran Voorde
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 11:46:00 -
[22]
At least he had something worthwhile to say.
If all slavery ended tomorrow, it would not affect me much at all. It might make Imperial space a bit more dangerous as countless thousands of Minmatar and others are suddenly turned loose, and go in search of ships and revenge, but other than that?
I don't think the freedom fighters are a real consideration in the matter, to be honest. They may bring down a few slave transports every now and again, but not enough to really be noticed by the Empire in economic terms.
All this freedom fighting really does is stop the average Amarrian from wondering why he's treating his slaves so badly, because every day he sees broadcasts of Minmatar criminals raiding law abiding Amarrian convoys. So, he thinks, Minmatar are the enemy, are they not? It's only right they should be kept in bondage and punished, isn't it?
If there is to be any change in the lot of Minmatar in slavery, the change must come from within, and out of empathy and compassion. It doesn't help that a section of the Minmatar community is insisting on giving all of them a bad name by acting like savages.
Ironic, but true - All freedom fighters are doing is extending the slavery of their brothers and sisters as a whole, even though they may shorten it for a lucky few.
We shall carry the Word. We shall correct and unify. |

Feygor Gaunt
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 11:57:00 -
[23]
i will destroy the maggots empire im not intrested in freeing slaves
|

NerisRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 12:04:00 -
[24]
I fear the Empire will destory itself, as would any idealism that basis itselfpurely on religious power rather the human element. _____________________________________________
Raven Clan/Neohazard Recruitment
|

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 12:17:00 -
[25]
Quote: I fear the Empire will destory itself, as would any idealism that basis itselfpurely on religious power rather the human element.
I would agree with you, were it not for the fact that the Empire has been going strong for about, give or take, 7000 years.
We're good at what we do, Ms. Raven, there's no denying that.
[Heterocephalus glaber]
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 12:30:00 -
[26]
And already clames it current "God" to be weak and is currently lost about 15% of it's orginal territory in less than 30 of those years ---------------------------------
|

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 12:38:00 -
[27]
Which is still considerably more then any other race currently, or at any time, posesses, even with the 30% lost.
The Amarr Empire isn't going to go anyware, even -if- slavery was somehow abolished. You're going to have to face that sooner or later.
[Heterocephalus glaber]
|

Ardor
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 12:54:00 -
[28]
Quote: I fear the Empire will destory itself, as would any idealism that basis itselfpurely on religious power rather the human element.
Humanity? Our religion is a very friendly religion towards all races. Our religion helps lesser being to grow and to become valuable in the eye of God. Ni-Kunni and Udorians are the best examples.
What about your barbaric voodoo rituals? The tattoo lottery called Voluval or test of destiny is one of the most cruel rituals I've ever heard about. Children with some bad luck can be forever exiled from Minmatar society just because they had gained the wrong tattoo by random. Others become leaders no matter what **** they are in reality just because they hit the jackpot and gained a tattoo like the ray of matar. Is this what you call humanity?
I ordered to cut out all tattoos from our slaves so each of them has the same fair chance to evolve.
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 12:58:00 -
[29]
Quote: The Amarr Empire isn't going to go anyware, even -if- slavery was somehow abolished. You're going to have to face that sooner or later.
suits me
I'm only interested in the slave issue ---------------------------------
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 12:59:00 -
[30]
Quote:
Quote: I fear the Empire will destory itself, as would any idealism that basis itselfpurely on religious power rather the human element.
Humanity? Our religion is a very friendly religion towards all races. Our religion helps lesser being to grow and to become valuable in the eye of God. Ni-Kunni and Udorians are the best examples.
What about your barbaric voodoo rituals? The tattoo lottery called Voluval or test of destiny is one of the most cruel rituals I've ever heard about. Children with some bad luck can be forever exiled from Minmatar society just because they had gained the wrong tattoo by random. Others become leaders no matter what **** they are in reality just because they hit the jackpot and gained a tattoo like the ray of matar. Is this what you call humanity?
I ordered to cut out all tattoos from our slaves so each of them has the same fair chance to evolve.
You hear a lot of things don't you?
But you don't really listen ---------------------------------
|

Ardor
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 13:03:00 -
[31]
Quote: And already clames it current "God" to be weak and is currently lost about 15% of it's orginal territory in less than 30 of those years
This is because the Empire follows the wrong Emporer(s). We Dark Amarr know neither Heideran nor Doriam are the choice of God. History gave a lot of hints. Khanid II is 'der Wahrhaftige', the divine one, the chosen one, the one who should have been the Emperor.
|

Ardor
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 13:07:00 -
[32]
Quote: You hear a lot of things don't you?
But you don't really listen
I am an open minded person. Explain the humanity of this ritual. Please use the words you are using when you tell a child it has to leave your society because it received the wrong tattoo.
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 13:42:00 -
[33]
Quote: At least he had something worthwhile to say. All this freedom fighting really does is stop the average Amarrian from wondering why he's treating his slaves so badly, because every day he sees broadcasts of Minmatar criminals raiding law abiding Amarrian convoys. So, he thinks, Minmatar are the enemy, are they not? It's only right they should be kept in bondage and punished, isn't it?
OMG, you're right. Before you Holy Gits tried to bring your little crusade to the convert the heathen Jove, all was peace and perfume in the land of the Munificent Amarrian Empire, where slaves knew their place and shut their face, and their kind yet stern taskmasters worked them honestly without.. uh..
oh, feckit, i can't even keep a straight face long enough to finish this, so i'll just close with a "YES, MASSA!"
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 13:43:00 -
[34]
Quote:
Quote: And already clames it current "God" to be weak and is currently lost about 15% of it's orginal territory in less than 30 of those years
This is because the Empire follows the wrong Emporer(s). We Dark Amarr know neither Heideran nor Doriam are the choice of God. History gave a lot of hints. Khanid II is 'der Wahrhaftige', the divine one, the chosen one, the one who should have been the Emperor.
Ah, i see... the will of God is uncontestable except when it's wrong. Mmm. Thanks for clearing that up!
 
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Gaius Kador
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 14:07:00 -
[35]
Quote: Ah, i see... the will of God is uncontestable except when it's wrong. Mmm. Thanks for clearing that up!
 
*sighs*
I guess it is time for another:
'On most points, I do not see eye to eye with the Khanid.'
Oh and BH:
'You Peon' ----------------------------------------------
|

Discorporation
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 14:10:00 -
[36]
No, no, Gaius, BH had an Upgrade recently
[Heterocephalus glaber]
|

Gaius Kador
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 14:24:00 -
[37]
I stand corrected, then:
'You advanced Peon' ----------------------------------------------
|

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 14:28:00 -
[38]
if slavery was ended then the amarrians must be dead!
"We brake for nobody"
|

Tsual
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 15:08:00 -
[39]
Nope Admiral not exterminate them, only convert them to the minmatar culture. --------------------------------------
Tsual - Miner from faith, frigat junky for life. Ritual of the Qua'nadhar. |

Guran Voorde
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 15:25:00 -
[40]
Edited by: Guran Voorde on 16/04/2004 15:26:50
Quote: OMG, you're right. Before you Holy Gits tried to bring your little crusade to the convert the heathen Jove, all was peace and perfume in the land of the Munificent Amarrian Empire, where slaves knew their place and shut their face, and their kind yet stern taskmasters worked them honestly without.. uh..
oh, feckit, i can't even keep a straight face long enough to finish this, so i'll just close with a "YES, MASSA!"
There was an underlying message in my post, clown. I'm surprised you missed it, or at the least, chose to ignore it. I've frequently observed you to be much more astute.
Are you having a bad day, or something?
We shall carry the Word. We shall correct and unify. |

Ardor
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 15:41:00 -
[41]
Quote: *sighs*
I guess it is time for another:
'On most points, I do not see eye to eye with the Khanid.'
Now I am disappointed. On most points you make I can wholeheartly agree. There's only this one disagreement about the Emperor...
But we are off topic. I am still missing good arguments from the Minmatar how it could be good to release all slaves. They talk a lot about freedom fighting. But will they be able to feed their brethren? Will they be able to give them work, room to life...? To me their words of freedom fighting are nothing but a show to hide their real intentions.
|

Jim Hawkins
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 15:54:00 -
[42]
The question, as the original poster said, is a hypothetical one. I would suggest to all loyal Amarrians not to be drawn into discussion on 'what ifs.' There is nothing to be gained from idle speculation.
The fact of the matter is that slavery does exist within the borders of our fine Empire and it is perfectly legal. This has been the case for some time and looks like being the case for the forseeable future.
As soon as this simple fact is accepted by all, the better for everyone. Not least those misguided terrorists who continue to die in their vain attempts to 'free' these individuals.
|

Ezar Vorbarra
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 21:00:00 -
[43]
Quote:
Quote: Ah, i see... the will of God is uncontestable except when it's wrong. Mmm. Thanks for clearing that up!
 
*sighs*
I guess it is time for another:
'On most points, I do not see eye to eye with the Khanid.'
Oh and BH:
'You Peon'
Do not waste your holder breath Lord Kador.
These vermin are disappointed that we Imperial Amarr and the Dark Amarr do not go for eachother's throats at every opportunity as the minmatar heathens do.
We are civilized, cultured, and erudite people. These filthy animals cannot understand the complexities of our religion or society. They cannot fathom that we choose to live with our differences without constant violence, rancor, and bloodshed. Their small minds cannot grasp that ultimately we answer to the same God, despite having a slightly different Gospel. Only His will is important.
Captain Ezar Vorbarra, Deacon
--
|

Tsual
|
Posted - 2004.04.16 22:36:00 -
[44]
Edited by: Tsual on 16/04/2004 23:10:18
Quote:
These vermin are disappointed that we Imperial Amarr and the Dark Amarr do not go for eachother's throats at every opportunity as the minmatar heathens do.
We are civilized, cultured, and erudite people. These filthy animals cannot understand the complexities of our religion or society. They cannot fathom that we choose to live with our differences without constant violence, rancor, and bloodshed. Their small minds cannot grasp that ultimately we answer to the same God, despite having a slightly different Gospel. Only His will is important.
Oh your religion, is an interesting one, I've studyed it some time, yet find it to suppressing to have a good live - some parts are similar to some social rules in the caldari society.
Bloodshed you say, bloodshed and fight is not only within minmatar society it is also among your society. Might I remind you, of the Omicron Incident and eve more of the cult of Sani Sabik.
You consider yourself superior, yet you are as simple as you consider us Mataries in the Republic. Then again you even go such far as treating members of your own race as slaves or may I rather say your inventory or property, as it is how your law deemes them, for simply falling into the social trap of a playful holder, and please don't tell me it is just for the "cause of enlightment".
As in all fairness, the term "cause of enlightment of others" or simply "enlightment of others" (you utilize) have something in common with "cause for freedom for our brethen" or simply "freedom for out brethen" (we Minmatar use).
They sometimes sound like overused and from the point of view of one of the two sides, are both nothing more as the white washed rhetorical costumes for simply terrorism.
So stop speaking in your pompous way, we all know you are only a quarter of the sice you portray yourself here.
With kind regars, Tsual son of the Qua'nadhar. --------------------------------------
Tsual - Miner from faith, frigat junky for life. Ritual of the Qua'nadhar. |

Tsual
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 00:35:00 -
[45]
Edited by: Tsual on 17/04/2004 00:45:32 P.S: I love this dog Ezar Vorbarra, I realy concider wether it would not be worthwhile to let him enslave, buy him and then let him bark, under my control, against slavery, like he does currently bark against Minmatar freedomfighter for his owner Lord "of pompouse ego" Kador. I would even provide him with a Gallete wench every day. --------------------------------------
Tsual - Miner from faith, frigat junky for life. Ritual of the Qua'nadhar. |

Lorna Doone
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 01:07:00 -
[46]
Quote: These filthy animals cannot understand the complexities of our religion or society. They cannot fathom that we choose to live with our differences without constant violence, rancor, and bloodshed. Their small minds cannot grasp that ultimately we answer to the same God, despite having a slightly different Gospel.
So, there's little point in trying to enlighten them, then?
--------------------------------------------------------------- "Meantime, all around me is violence and robbery, coarse delight and savage pain, reckless joke and hopeless death." |

Jim Hawkins
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 01:13:00 -
[47]
Quote: So, there's little point in trying to enlighten them, then?
I can see how the short-termism view of the lesser races might lead you to arive at this conclusion, but the Amarr are in this for the long term.
We will not abandon them, as you suggest, just because they are not currently able to grasp the the subtleties of civilization. What do you think we are? Uncaring monsters? If so, I'm afraid you are very much mistaken.
|

Ezar Vorbarra
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 02:15:00 -
[48]
Quote: Edited by: Tsual on 17/04/2004 00:45:32 P.S: I love this dog Ezar Vorbarra, I realy concider wether it would not be worthwhile to let him enslave, buy him and then let him bark, under my control, against slavery, like he does currently bark against Minmatar freedomfighter for his owner Lord "of pompouse ego" Kador. I would even provide him with a Gallete wench every day.
I am no slave fool, I am a Deacon of the Amarrian Theology Council. I call noone but God and my Holy Emperor "master". If you wish to attempt to enslave me, come and get me vermin. It is you who will feel the heavy chains around your neck and the bite of vitoc poison if you have the courage to try.
Allow me to educate you, since you are obviously common ignorant Minmatar filth. Gaius Kador is a holder. He is of noble birth, impressive wealth, and incredible influence amongst our people. Out of respect, the proper title of "Lord" or "Holder" is bestowed upon nobility in our feudal society. Let me know if I am using words beyond your meager comprehension.
I have no interest or use for your Gallente wenches; keep them. To share a bed with anything other than a proper Amarrian wife is against the Holy Scriptures. I fear God and I live only to serve Him.
- Captain Ezar Vorbarra, Deacon --
|

Gaius Kador
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 02:19:00 -
[49]
Edited by: Gaius Kador on 17/04/2004 02:28:18
Quote: Edited by: Tsual on 17/04/2004 00:45:32 P.S: I love this dog Ezar Vorbarra, I realy concider wether it would not be worthwhile to let him enslave, buy him and then let him bark, under my control, against slavery, like he does currently bark against Minmatar freedomfighter for his owner Lord "of pompouse ego" Kador. I would even provide him with a Gallete wench every day.
You are mine now Tsual. For this I will never forgive, your offense against my Deacon will not go unheeded.
Lord of ego? Oh no ape, I serve, as we all do.
Edit:
With the wisdom of time by my side...
Tsual, know this, I shall ignore you as the utter waste of genes you are. It should be fitting even more than me wasting a single moment of my time on the likes of you.
After all, I am of Anointed blood and Kadorian heritage.
You?
Make me laugh at best.
What are you but a peon in a tiny scrapheap. ----------------------------------------------
|

Lorna Doone
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 02:29:00 -
[50]
Quote: I can see how the short-termism view of the lesser races might lead you to arive at this conclusion, but the Amarr are in this for the long term.
Short-termisim of the lesser races? Mr Vorbarra was quite specific. He said "These filthy animals cannot understand the complexities of our religion or society." He did not say "These filthy animals cannot understand the complexities of our religion or society now, but give them a couple of years and they'll figure it out."
Quote: We will not abandon them, as you suggest, just because they are not currently able to grasp the the subtleties of civilization.
And how, exactly, will they be able to grasp the subtelties of your idea of civilization in the future if they can't grasp it now? Under the auspices of the Amarr, will the average Minmatar IQ suddenly and miraculously increase, just as that of the Ni-Kunni allegedly did? Or are you just hoping your programme of incessant brainwashing will yet again do the trick?
Quote: What do you think we are? Uncaring monsters? If so, I'm afraid you are very much mistaken.
Of course I am. I'd love to be a slave. No, really. I mean, what could be better than surrendering one's life to the Amarr empire? There is nothing I want more than to have my free will torn from me and an alien religion forced down my throat. How I long for the day when I don't have to think because every thing I do will be decided by my master. How I envy those lucky, lucky slaves, who not only get a structure and order to their lives, but also get food and shelter. Whereas poor old me has to shoulder not only the unbearable burden of deciding what to do, but when and with whom to do it. Not to mention the sheer inhumanity of choosing somewhere to live and the people to associate with! And as for food, don't get me started - who in their right mind wants to waste time browsing a recipe book, preparing ingredients and cooking a meal for themself when they can just slurp slave gruel from a bucket?!
Man alive, I don't know how I force myself out of bed in the morning, as life is so tough. So, I hereby bow down before the gracious and munificent Amarr empire in the hope that I might become a better person through slavery. Please forgive me. I recant all the slanderous diatribes I've posted in the past. I hang my head in shame at my former heresies and pray for guidance from the scriptures.
There was something else I wanted to say... Gosh darn, now, what was it? Oh, yeah, I remember:
NOT!
--------------------------------------------------------------- "Meantime, all around me is violence and robbery, coarse delight and savage pain, reckless joke and hopeless death." |

Gaius Kador
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 02:31:00 -
[51]
Play the flute, Jester. You seem to have that 'entertaining' look.
Do not expect us to listen, though. ----------------------------------------------
|

Tsual
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 05:17:00 -
[52]
Edited by: Tsual on 17/04/2004 05:20:30 *laughs* You realy thought I wanted to anger you and offend you, nope you are wrong, it was mere a joke and why didn't you identificate it, both being so "superior", where is your humor.
Ah and Ezar Vorbarra enlighting with superstition is no enlightment it is illusion, little pawn, you might call the scripture and your "god" your master, yet you are nothing more then the extension of Gaius Kadors tongue.
Even so far away I can smell your fear, the fear of becoming nonrelevant the fear of being unworthy. You feel you are nothing in this world, you feel you are a worm and you hope to become something greater after death, what a hilarious way of living, what a hypercritical way of self-denial. *evil laughter*
You know you are nothing without your little holy scripture (that would realy give a neat fire), without your racistic world view. Without them where would you be, you spineless vermin. Stick to them, I will pray to my god that one day you might understand you are more then you think you are more then your scriptures and your clergy tell you and allow you to be.
I am I, yet you are a deacon, without your titel you are nothing. Look, you better ignore me, as I might be the devils voice, you better keep your ears shut, as I might be able to mislead you. Hope for the sake of your life that I don't decide to take you with me, skin you and turn your person into a vegetating mass of pain and despair held together by pink ties. *fiendish grin* --------------------------------------
Tsual - Miner from faith, frigat junky for life. Ritual of the Qua'nadhar. |

Jim Hawkins
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 09:23:00 -
[53]
Quote: I hereby bow down before the gracious and munificent Amarr empire in the hope that I might become a better person...
There is hope for you yet, for in your words of sarcasm lie the truth. Just try to see beyond your prejudices and hatred and learn to love your fellow man. Religion may help, perhaps you should visit our Deacon, Ezar Vorbarra.
|

Tsual
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 10:53:00 -
[54]
Edited by: Tsual on 17/04/2004 10:55:03
Quote:
Quote: I hereby bow down before the gracious and munificent Amarr empire in the hope that I might become a better person...
There is hope for you yet, for in your words of sarcasm lie the truth. Just try to see beyond your prejudices and hatred and learn to love your fellow man. Religion may help, perhaps you should visit our Deacon, Ezar Vorbarra.
It was irony she employed here blockhead...ah why do I say something, it would make more sense to shoot him because at least then he would react like a normal person...and shoot back or die. --------------------------------------
Tsual - Miner from faith, frigat junky for life. Ritual of the Qua'nadhar. |

Dagoth IronJaw
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 11:02:00 -
[55]
Quote:
OMG, you're right. Before you Holy Gits tried to bring your little crusade to the convert the heathen Jove,
Heathen Jove... The most advanced race in the universe... the ones who are the reason why most of us still fight today (i.e. cloning) are heathens.. BH you done it again, you are nearly (after Golan and Gaius) the funniest person on Galnet... keep trying   
(P.S. I know that had no relavence to anything whatsoever, but i thought it was THAT funny, and no none of that was sarcasm)
It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
|

Ashka Neris
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 11:05:00 -
[56]
Do not expect the Amarr to understand the concept of irnoy
They claim to be enlightened, yet in so doing they miss the fundamental key to what makes one truly enlightened...
the human element, the ability to know the difference between right and wrong. The Amarr have lost this sense of right and wrong, blindly follwoing the guidence of one man, because it is easier to get someone else to make their moral choices for them. Like a child with a bad parent, their guidence is flawed, and like adolensants, they think they know better than the rest of the world. ---------------------------
Proud to be half Brutor http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=69488&page=1R |

Jim Hawkins
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 11:14:00 -
[57]
Quote: Do not expect the Amarr to understand the concept of irnoy.
And do not expect the Minmatar to be able to spell it.
ooc: sorry, couldn't resist.
|

Ashka Neris
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 11:39:00 -
[58]
*smiles*
You try typing when you've just become blind. Oh no wait, you don't have to, you'd probably get a slave to do it for you.
OOC: This once, I let it slide :p ---------------------------
Proud to be half Brutor http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=69488&page=1R |

Ezar Vorbarra
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 15:13:00 -
[59]
Quote:
Quote:
OMG, you're right. Before you Holy Gits tried to bring your little crusade to the convert the heathen Jove,
Heathen Jove... The most advanced race in the universe... the ones who are the reason why most of us still fight today (i.e. cloning) are heathens.. BH you done it again, you are nearly (after Golan and Gaius) the funniest person on Galnet... keep trying   
Yes the heathen Jove, they are learning that without God there can be no greatness. You call them the most advanced race in the universe? This will not be the case for long. The Jove wasting sickness claims more of their lives every day. I wonder how many of the "great Jove" are still left?
Captain Ezar Vorbarra, Deacon --
|

Ashka Neris
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 15:21:00 -
[60]
Poor deluded sheep. You would believe the universe was in a jar if the Emperor told you so.
Have you or your emperor been to Jove lately? So where do you base your knowledge on the Jovians or their recent dealings with the Jove Strain? ---------------------------
Proud to be half Brutor http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=69488&page=1R |

Ezar Vorbarra
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 15:22:00 -
[61]
Quote:
Even so far away I can smell your fear, the fear of becoming nonrelevant the fear of being unworthy. You feel you are nothing in this world, you feel you are a worm and you hope to become something greater after death, what a hilarious way of living, what a hypercritical way of self-denial. *evil laughter*
I fear nothing, and most certainly not you or the terrorist pilots we downed just last night. I am certainly not afraid to put my megabeams where my mouth is.
Quote:
You know you are nothing without your little holy scripture (that would realy give a neat fire), without your racistic world view.
You are right, I am nothing without God and His word. He is the rock that I build the foundation of my life upon. The scriptures are not racist, they outline a way for other races to come closer to God. I am proud to say that there are many "elevated" people in this galaxy that are not Amarr. This list includes the Ni-Kunni race, Pulgor and the rest of his Ammatar bretheren, and even some Caldari such as Russo and his Black Sheep Squadron.
Quote:
I am I, yet you are a deacon, without your titel you are nothing.
It is life with God that makes us better, not some name or title. Take my title and I will still serve Him.
Captain Ezar Vorbarra, Deacon --
|

Dagoth IronJaw
|
Posted - 2004.04.17 15:25:00 -
[62]
Edited by: Dagoth IronJaw on 17/04/2004 15:27:20
Quote:
Yes the heathen Jove, they are learning that without God there can be no greatness. You call them the most advanced race in the universe? This will not be the case for long. The Jove wasting sickness claims more of their lives every day. I wonder how many of the "great Jove" are still left?
Captain Ezar Vorbarra, Deacon
Still enough to wipe the rest of us from existance, i'll wager, why don't you go find out? And conquer them while your at it... oh, I forgot... you've tried that.....
It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2004.04.19 13:01:00 -
[63]
Quote: I stand corrected, then:
'You advanced Peon'
 that's Tech II Peon to you, sirrah!
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Makkar
|
Posted - 2004.04.19 23:06:00 -
[64]
Everyone else is getting Maledictions, Claws, Crows, etc...
What does Oracle get?
|

Wren
|
Posted - 2004.04.20 06:34:00 -
[65]
Da-Fingah II
Tech two version of the birdy. --------------------------------------------------
|

AsheRaven
|
Posted - 2004.04.20 06:49:00 -
[66]
Ahh wait a minuite I seen those...
Quite a few actually ---------------------------------
|

Ph0enix
|
Posted - 2004.04.20 14:57:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Ph0enix on 20/04/2004 14:58:57
Originally by: Vendris Hypothetical question - What if Doriam Kor-Azor outlawed slavery tomorrow, all the holders chose to uphold the ruling, and all the other empires that do not already have an anti-slavery stance followed suit? What if all the slaves in the galaxy were suddenly emancipated?
What would a freedom fighter or terrorist do if they suddenly got what they've been fighting for, and their reason to be was suddenly no more?
i would go to a bar on Amarr Prime and buy a round of drinks for the PIE boys. since slavery is outlawed by the Emperor, and they swear to follow his "divine" rule, Oracle would have no gripes with PIE. our attention would be turned to working WITH the Amarr Empire to strike down those who refuse to give up the slave trade.
www.freetribes.net |

Makkar
|
Posted - 2004.04.20 16:13:00 -
[68]
Ph0enix, you forget we operate outside the law. We've commited crimes against the Empire. We've de facto commited crimes against the Republic in launching our officially unsanctioned raids on Amarr. We've killed imperial pilots and civilians, we've plundered their convoys to finance our war on slavery. Those crimes have absolutely nothing to do with whether slavery is legal or not.
Blood is on our hands forever. Don't think for a moment that people would forget. We walk a neverending path that leads away from the Republic and public acceptance. You must have realised this?
|

Dagoth IronJaw
|
Posted - 2004.04.20 19:16:00 -
[69]
Then wouldn't the Empire rather work with you as opposed to against you?
If they still worked against you, you would have to kill more of thier people to survive Catch 22, I'm sure the Emperor (in his Divine god-given wisdom) would see the foolishness in that.
It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |