| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Kuolematon
Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 09:27:00 -
[61]
+1 !! I totally support this. Plz CCP maek me PvE Raid servor? I want my epax!!!!11  |

Gamesguy
Amarr D00M. Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 09:42:00 -
[62]
I never understood why some people play eve to grind missions or mine. I mean eve's gotta have like the worst PvE experience of all MMOs out today.
If I want to do nothing but kill NPCs, I'd play WoW. WoW does the PvE aspect FAR FAR better than eve. |

Achran Dexx
Caldari CompleXion Industries
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 09:47:00 -
[63]
Second post from me: What happened to 'don't fly what you can't afford to lose'? |

Tuberider
Caldari Pothouse Cartel
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 09:50:00 -
[64]
Lots of games can be played by yourself i suggest you looking into them, stay away from those horrible peeps that like to blow u up 
there is a nice safe haven for npcers in low sec called 'Eruka' please come visit  its all fluffy bunny's and stuff in there. |

Fanjita
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 09:55:00 -
[65]
Originally by: main notworking Edited by: main notworking on 09/04/2008 05:09:02 Well you should not have to go to a "test" server so that you can play without the fear of being killed by someone 100 times stronger then you
your playing the wrong game mate wow is that way -----------> |

Achran Dexx
Caldari CompleXion Industries
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 09:58:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Fanjita
Originally by: main notworking Edited by: main notworking on 09/04/2008 05:09:02 Well you should not have to go to a "test" server so that you can play without the fear of being killed by someone 100 times stronger then you
your playing the wrong game mate wow is that way ----------->
Truth being told.
This game doesn't offer any security, nobody cares to be honest. If you die, you've caused it yourself, bad luck, get a new ship and try again  |

Lord WarATron
Amarr Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 10:01:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Lord WarATron on 09/04/2008 10:03:12
Originally by: Cissnei
Originally by: Lord WarATron Edited by: Lord WarATron on 09/04/2008 07:29:27 Its a troll but I will answer the question anyway.
Eve is a game where player production is the economy. Without stuff getting blown, nobody would buy minerals, nobody would manufacture and 0.0 wars would not exist. Basically the non-pvpers would end up with a flooded market as stuff does not get destroyed. The fact losses means something means that there is no "counter-strike" respawn style battles. Losses hurt people so when 2 "armies" fight each other, you can actually inflict losses that mean something. It also makes a point for people to fight for space insted of sitting back "counter strike" style. Stuff getting blown up increases the price oyu can sell mission loot/minerals for and keeps miners earning lots of isk.
in Hig sec spare, you are safe to do your business in the Default NPC corp. Obviously if you carry billions of cargo in a t1 hauler afk on a gate, someone will probebly suicide gank you, but other than that, you are pretty safe.
PVP allows devs to be lazy when it comes to developing clever or complicated NPC ai
the pve game in ever is stupidly easy. within a few hours of starting anew character you are in a kestrel blowing up level 1 missions that are little to no challenge. in order to progress to the next level is a waiting game of skillups, with no actual skill involved
if the devs were to create a pve centric version, they could ramp up the pve substantially so that there is a market for player created goods still. remove insurance payouts, remove all but the first two frigates of any race (and shuttles) from the market.
if we are talking about a new, clean server it will take quite a while for things to ramp up production wise. remember this game will be 5 years old this year. that's a bloody generation in mmorpg terms.
mostly i would prefer there just be some restrictions on war decs, or make them cost 500 million isk per week to maintain. hell from the posts here on buying gtc's you are all rich anyway so 500m should be a drop in the bucket in a 5 year old game where players have tens of BILLIONS and can make BILLIONS in a couple of days on level 4 pve-easymode missions
or were all those exaggerations too?
You dont get the big picture. Persistant universe and everyone on same server entity means this matter.
For example, t2 haulers were underused until ganking t1 haulers became popular. This made the t2 hauler bpo owners a lot of isk for ships that would normally be avoided. Some guy inventing Golems had a tough job making serious profits untill the recent mission ganker craze started, now it seems everyone is training up for a Golem.
Look up eve history of wars and look at market patterns. This game goes very deep but you need to expand your horizon beyond shooting a red cross that represents a NPC.
Some guy buying t2 in jita and reselling it at 100% markups in warzones or near entrypoints to warzones is getting rich of people PvPing. Some mission runner for Sanshas is producing Slave sets from LP store which pilots buy for a fortune. Some guy mining in a retrever produces minerals that get bought by someone else who manufactures pvp ships, thus maintaining a high price for minerals. Look at the price of trit for example, its almost 4 times higher than what it used to be over a year and a half ago.
You need to look at the big picture. Market wars, Invasions etc etc all have meaning in this game because winning and loosing means something. In counterstrike, loosing means basically nothing. |

Achran Dexx
Caldari CompleXion Industries
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 10:05:00 -
[68]
I believe the term you are looking for is 'metagame'. |

Slade Trillgon
Siorai Iontach Brotherhood of the Spider
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 10:15:00 -
[69]
Edited by: Slade Trillgon on 09/04/2008 10:19:33 EDIT: For clarities sake
Originally by: Laveth
Hmm I dont even know how to reply to that :/ I want to play then game. I really like all the aspecs to the game just not the part where I can be killed for no reason and be set back months of work... can you guys not understand that?? or are you too short sighted??
I have a family, work and kids I don't have them time that lots of you have.
First, I would like to state that your problem is not that the game is PvP. Honestly your problem is that your computer reset at the wrong time. Unless the game caused you to reboot, (which is quite likely, it happens to me occasionally), then that is the real problem, not someone locking you and destroying your ship.
I do not have a family, but I have a job that I work a rotating swing shift (5:45am-2pm & 11:30-8pm) with alternating Fridays, 2 Saturdays a month, in a band, dating, yard work, hanging out with friends, and the list goes on and on.
This game takes time, we are all part of one great big story. Two servers would destroy the authenticity that this game provides.
That being said, I know how you feel. I have been playing since September of 2007. Even to this day you will not see me flying a 40 million isk set up, outside of a mission space, by myself. You need to protect your assests as you would in real life.
Take this for what it is. Learn from it. Try not to make the same mistakes again.
Slade
P.S. I truely hope that you were not ratting in high sec in a 40 million isk set up, just not necessary!!! |

Darius silverbolt
Rukongai Tenth Legion
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 10:19:00 -
[70]
Now I could sit here and preach about EVE is PVP until I am blue in the face but that would do either one of us any good so I am going tp use game mechanics as the main problem with a NON-PVP server.
First this means no LOW-SEC or 0.0 which kills high end minerals, Moon Minerals (T2 Material), officer loot, a good amount of faction gear. Also most mission runners once they gain enough skill points and experiance won't lose there mission running ships and that + no PVP means the market will be at near stand still compred to current market.
WIth the player base spilt up some this would cause a vaccum on the Main server and will a slow economy.
My advice is to stay in the NPC corp and just watch how much ccrap you haul around in a ship to avoid gankings.
The gamee is just designed with PVP and players taking action to get what they want for better or worse.
Originally by: Laveth I would really like to see a non pvp server. Im a casual player and I only have 30min to 1 hr to play about every second day... so it takes me a long time to get things done in the game.. but i love it. what just happend to me was I was killing npc's and a player came into the same astroid belt as me and started to lock onto me. and as soon as he did.. for some crazy reason my computer just restarded.. so I booted it back up as fast as I could but when I got onto the loading part of my char it restarded my comp right over again.. did this 3 times so about 5 or 6 min had passed.. then it worked. and there I was just in a pod..this is very frustrating. I lost about 40 million isk. now for me playing an avrage of 4-6 hrs a week. you can imagin how long it takes me to get that much..it really takes the fun away from me. always looking over my sholder. anyhow I would love a server where it was just PVE.. you could even make the npc's harder or something.. please people give me your idea's of what you think...
P.S I know my spelling is bad :)
|

Ordon Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 10:32:00 -
[71]
Originally by: War Games
This game is not for the casual gamer that may not want to PVP.
Rubbish!
This game is whatever you want to make of it. It really annoys me when people tell other people what the game is, and then tell them to stop playing a game they really enjoy just because they dont want to gate camp gank noobs.
Whether you want to fight over low sec resources in your corp, or rat, or run missions, or pirate, or even just try to keep your nose clean and get on with some trading, that is up to you.
I agree that there shouldnt be a non-pvp server, that would kill the game, but telling people to quit if they dont want to play 40 hours per week in a pirate corp is not right. |

Nebula Terron
Wolf's in Sheep's Clothing
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 10:37:00 -
[72]
Edited by: Nebula Terron on 09/04/2008 10:37:12 I recommend you X3, just don't start the campaign you have to fight there. Start an open game and have fun.
|

Going Forit
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:03:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Ordon Gundar
Originally by: War Games
This game is not for the casual gamer that may not want to PVP.
Rubbish!
This game is whatever you want to make of it. It really annoys me when people tell other people what the game is, and then tell them to stop playing a game they really enjoy just because they dont want to gate camp gank noobs.
Whether you want to fight over low sec resources in your corp, or rat, or run missions, or pirate, or even just try to keep your nose clean and get on with some trading, that is up to you.
I agree that there shouldnt be a non-pvp server, that would kill the game, but telling people to quit if they dont want to play 40 hours per week in a pirate corp is not right.
I agree, for me Eve is firstly a sandbox game aswell, making most gamestyles possible. And what that Bob guy said about competing all the time against everyone, well for me it isn't, actually I'm cooperating with friendlies 98% of the time, NOT against other players.
-GF |

MilowFV
Echo Heavy Industries
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:04:00 -
[74]
I am not even going to read this one. I just want to say I dont think it will work Eve isnt the greatest PVE game in the world. The PVP aspect is what make Eve a fun game. The dread pirate sucide ganking, 0.0 alliance wars, the danger of low sec, and all the other annoying PVP stuff that goes on. If there was no PVP I just cannt see anyone playing Eve for long at all. Just my 2 cents on it anyway. |

Tiodus
Gallente City of Certitude Coalition of the ExtraOrdinary
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:07:00 -
[75]
Originally by: Cissnei
Originally by: AeonOfTime
Originally by: Niccolado Starwalker
NO. EVE is all about PvP, and it should stay that way.
Interesting statement. I have been playing for over a year, and have never engaged in PvP. Geee, I wonder what I can have been doing all that time!
that's because eve is not a pvp game
2moons is a pvp game
rappelz is a pvp game
insertrandomkoreantrashimportmmorpghere is a pvp game
this is a sandbox game. it's (almost) 100% player created and run content. even agent missions are just repetive nonsense along the lines of city of heroes - but at least those have far more engaging storylines.
this is not a pvp game. it's a unique sandbox mmorpg with all the bad and good a sandbox entails. the good being you get to play with your fellow man in their content. the bad being you have to play with your fellow closet wannabe-terrorist. the really bad is that they can quite often exploit you in ways that arent legal in even the real world (stealing is illegal, and we dont shoot people who steal with us in a civilized society).
/signed
9 for insight 10 for surprise aspect brought to the thread I like it
-Tio
|

Caiman Graystock
Quantum of Solace
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:16:00 -
[76]
Go back to WoW!
|

Ordon Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:19:00 -
[77]
Exactly! I love the danger side of PvP, with the constant wariness of what everyone else is doing, especially being a noob. In this case, I dont want a PvE server.
However, I also dont think that it is ONLY a PvP game either. The content is driven by PvP, but that can be in PvP trade, and many other aspects. Everyone assumes PvP means player-verses-player COMBAT.
That is not the case with EvE. There is so much more.
|

Helplessandlost
Minmatar Convergent Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:45:00 -
[78]

In Memory of Deacon Hasp
|

Valkazm
Amarr Dark BroTHerS Ethereal Dawn
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:53:00 -
[79]
people have forgotten the econmic argument of a non pvp server .. why would anyone even build stuff mine or do anything really when no ships sell only pve ships and if no one blows them up why build them sell them .. if you keep your ship for 6 months and then opsie you attack concord and get your ship blow up and now you need a new ship .. inflation would rocket .. .......................................
Breaking Eve news
|

Croziac
Gallente Dark Zone Security Incorporated
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 11:59:00 -
[80]
Wow. interesting idea.
This is not WoW as we know. But when I started playing Ultima Online years & years ago they had one world where you could kill anyone in the bad zones(similar to EVE's 0.0). It worked perfectly. Then due to demand they added a second area (same world) but where one could not PvP.
I am an industrialist and was a builder in UO (kinda boring I know) and to tell you the truth, once the 2nd world come into play it was a most boring game to play. The PvP part of the server was basically empty, and the other non PvP was full. Kind of defeated the point of PvP in the first place.
Personally if you don't want to PvP stay in Empire, that is what it is for. As for the issue of gankers that is another issue altogether ;)
Cheers, Croziac
|

Slade Trillgon
Siorai Iontach Brotherhood of the Spider
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:28:00 -
[81]
Edited by: Slade Trillgon on 09/04/2008 12:30:23 Edited by: Slade Trillgon on 09/04/2008 12:28:48 Have a graduated insurance program. The more frequently you buy insurance the higher percentage you pay or lower percentage the payout becomes. I know from a few personal experience wrecks cause my insurance to go up.
I know it is a game and all, but in what world would insurance pay out money to someone who intentionally comitted an act that was illegal. I think that charges of insurance fraud would brought down upon said individual.
It is EVE it is a cold dark Universe where the perverted may prey upon the week.
Here is a RP option to maybe appease both sides. Make the insurance company have a fraud division that attempts to looks over all killmails. Make it so that all killmaills that involve CONCORD go through a raffel and certain individuals get flagged for fraud, get investigated, and have said determined amount of isk subtracted from their wallet. Also provide a way for the gankers to pay a certain amount of isk (payoff to Concord or Fraud Investigators) to ignore the incident.
Very rough concept and would need some major tweaking.
Role with it if you fell inclined.
Slade |

Janu Hull
Caldari Terra Incognita Vanguard.
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:34:00 -
[82]
Edited by: Janu Hull on 09/04/2008 12:35:20
Originally by: Gamesguy I never understood why some people play eve to grind missions or mine. I mean eve's gotta have like the worst PvE experience of all MMOs out today.
If I want to do nothing but kill NPCs, I'd play WoW. WoW does the PvE aspect FAR FAR better than eve.
Grind missions: Self supply faction junk. ISK.
Mine: Feed the POS-monster, also some ISK (especially at Crokite or better)
All of which feeds the PvP habit, which is the ultimate ISK sink. The key is balancing the two. Also consider that the PvE game is necessary in EVE as a consequence for epic failure in the PvP game. Lose too much, and you're forced to mission and mine to rebuild. Believe me, knowing PvPers like I do, that's a pain worse than skill point loss...
In the event of an emergency, my ego may be used as a floatation device. |

Rutoo
Gallente Interstellar eXodus R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:34:00 -
[83]
I Totally agree with the op, there NEEDS to be a non-pvp server.
This will help reduce the number of people ingame who never pvp and help with the lag.
There already is actually, a non-pvp server - you access it though the My Account Page and click "Cancel Subscription" _________________________________________________________ My Second EvE Video Club Seals Not Sandwichs
|

Zaskarr
Amarr Falling Stars Squadron Aphelion.
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:37:00 -
[84]
1) buy a GTC 2) Sell it for ISK 3) ??? 4) Profit That's the way I roll, ISK grinding - do not want. __________________ How do I shot web? |

Rejari
Caldari Black Watch Dragoons
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:40:00 -
[85]
Originally by: Laveth I would really like to see a non pvp server. Im a casual player and I only have 30min to 1 hr to play about every second day... so it takes me a long time to get things done in the game.. but i love it. what just happend to me was I was killing npc's and a player came into the same astroid belt as me and started to lock onto me. and as soon as he did.. for some crazy reason my computer just restarded.. so I booted it back up as fast as I could but when I got onto the loading part of my char it restarded my comp right over again.. did this 3 times so about 5 or 6 min had passed.. then it worked. and there I was just in a pod..this is very frustrating. I lost about 40 million isk. now for me playing an avrage of 4-6 hrs a week. you can imagin how long it takes me to get that much..it really takes the fun away from me. always looking over my sholder. anyhow I would love a server where it was just PVE.. you could even make the npc's harder or something.. please people give me your idea's of what you think...
P.S I know my spelling is bad :)
Go back to WOW
|

Tharim
BBK Corp
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:42:00 -
[86]
Originally by: Rejari
Originally by: Laveth I would really like to see a non pvp server. Im a casual player and I only have 30min to 1 hr to play about every second day... so it takes me a long time to get things done in the game.. but i love it. what just happend to me was I was killing npc's and a player came into the same astroid belt as me and started to lock onto me. and as soon as he did.. for some crazy reason my computer just restarded.. so I booted it back up as fast as I could but when I got onto the loading part of my char it restarded my comp right over again.. did this 3 times so about 5 or 6 min had passed.. then it worked. and there I was just in a pod..this is very frustrating. I lost about 40 million isk. now for me playing an avrage of 4-6 hrs a week. you can imagin how long it takes me to get that much..it really takes the fun away from me. always looking over my sholder. anyhow I would love a server where it was just PVE.. you could even make the npc's harder or something.. please people give me your idea's of what you think...
P.S I know my spelling is bad :)
Go back to WOW
On page three before it happened. Thats just lazy, we must work harder!
|

MeeKai
Invicta.
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:46:00 -
[87]
Non pvp server is up -
its called WoW or something ?
|

Andre Marconius
Gallente House Of Troy
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:52:00 -
[88]
Originally by: MeeKai Non pvp server is up -
its called WoW or something ?
Errr no, there are 'pvp' servers on WoW
|

Ordon Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 12:57:00 -
[89]
Originally by: Janu Hull Edited by: Janu Hull on 09/04/2008 12:35:20
Originally by: Gamesguy I never understood why some people play eve to grind missions or mine. I mean eve's gotta have like the worst PvE experience of all MMOs out today.
If I want to do nothing but kill NPCs, I'd play WoW. WoW does the PvE aspect FAR FAR better than eve.
Grind missions: Self supply faction junk. ISK.
Mine: Feed the POS-monster, also some ISK (especially at Crokite or better)
All of which feeds the PvP habit, which is the ultimate ISK sink. The key is balancing the two. Also consider that the PvE game is necessary in EVE as a consequence for epic failure in the PvP game. Lose too much, and you're forced to mission and mine to rebuild. Believe me, knowing PvPers like I do, that's a pain worse than skill point loss...
Exactly why EvE is NOT "all about PvP" as someone else stated earlier. Its a true economy where everyone finds their niche, and plays a part. You cant take away PvP, its what gives the game its edge, but there are tons of non-PvP facets to the game that are just as important to how it ticks as Uber-Yaarr Corps one-shotting noob frigs for a laugh.
|

Torak Dakos
Amarr Cruoris Seraphim
|
Posted - 2008.04.09 13:20:00 -
[90]
If you want non PvP then go play a PvE game. 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |