| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Grozen
Caldari Bulgarian Experienced Crackers Sons of Tangra
|
Posted - 2008.04.14 21:02:00 -
[1]
I've scooped trough the year chart and i've never seen the liquid ozone below 200isk per anyone with bigger experience in eve can you tell me if this has ever happened? knowledge is power |

Carniflex
Caldari Fallout Research Fallout Project
|
Posted - 2008.04.15 07:34:00 -
[2]
Unlikely as it's used in POS for power generation and most poses have full powergrid and only partially utilized cpu (or at least used to before current moon rush). If it did then perhaps back when POS'es were first introduced. I remember selling some for 1000 isk/unit back in late 2005/early 2006 (before ice harvester II and exhumers were in game) tho so if it did it did not last long.
|

Letrange
Minmatar Chaosstorm Corporation Apoapsis Multiversal Consortium
|
Posted - 2008.04.15 13:38:00 -
[3]
It depends on the POS - Those of us with high sec research pos's tend to have maxed out cpu grids with plenty of leftover pg. That being said there's also the fact that cyno ships use Liquid Ozone. So out of the 4 main ice product types - isotopes, liquid ozone, heavy water and clathrates, only the heavy water has a single use (The clathrates are also used in the manufacture of anti-ship scan probes).
What could be happening is with the majors recovering from their anti-bob war of last month, there's a lot less cap movement going on. Also as much as people ***** about the cost of jump freighters, the majors are probably using them for POS fueling - so there's less call for using carriers for that job. So less carrier movement overall. But that's pure speculation.
|

Roemy Schneider
BINFORD
|
Posted - 2008.04.16 00:13:00 -
[4]
hummm... i doubt cynos make such a huge difference. i find the jump bridge comsumption of liquid ozone much more influential. but that would result in an upward trend.
no, i believe the 10:1 compression of dark glitter (and the repaired gang modules) has made ice mining in null-sec a little more interesting: you can nibble for ages on one "roid" so all that moving/warping around that you do for high-end ore is not an issue. ~30mil isk/h can easily be achieved and it doesnt matter if you mine alone, with 10 people or with 100; the roid can take it.
and before compression, you had the choice of filling a freighter with ~900 cubes of dark glitter = 450mil (back then) ~2.25mil liquid ozone = 1.1bil (back then - and you were stuck with the other stuff)
now you can move ~9000 compressed dark glitter in one go and it's worth... 3.6bil these days? bring isotopes and even heavy water on your way back ^^ - putting the gist back into logistics |

Lord Fitz
Antares Fleet Yards SMASH Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.04.16 01:43:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Carniflex Unlikely as it's used in POS for power generation and most poses have full powergrid and only partially utilized cpu.
The main reason it's higher than heavy water in price would be that empire ice has twice as much heavy water as liquid ozone. Though yes, alot of people especailly in 0.0 max grid usage, and don't quite max cpu usage. Though empire POS's sometimes do the reverse, there would be quite alot more setup for defense.
And in 0.0 where you get more lo than heavy water, most people mine ore instead for the better profits. Especially since stront has fallen quite abit.
|

Caleese
New Eden Research And Design School
|
Posted - 2008.05.06 03:06:00 -
[6]
I was buying it happily at 160 per unit until some idiot decided to put a buy order in for 300+ per unit.
Honestly I don't get the stupidity of these people. What must go through their head? "Hmmm Liquid Ozone is being bought for 160isk/u instead of getting it for that awesome price I think I'll offer to pay almost double for it, that's got to be a good use of my isk *goes and shoves a second crayon up their nose*"
 ----------------- Think of someone you consider of average intelligence... now realise this. Half the worlds population is dumber than that person. How does the world survive such stupidity? |

Kazzac Elentria
|
Posted - 2008.05.06 03:12:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Caleese I was buying it happily at 160 per unit until some idiot decided to put a buy order in for 300+ per unit.
Honestly I don't get the stupidity of these people. What must go through their head? "Hmmm Liquid Ozone is being bought for 160isk/u instead of getting it for that awesome price I think I'll offer to pay almost double for it, that's got to be a good use of my isk *goes and shoves a second crayon up their nose*"

Actually.. yes, yes it can be.
Welcome to market manipulation 101, where the sheep will follow the Shepard willingly off a cliff sometimes. |

Cor Aidan
KNIGHT'S OF THE ROUND ROOM ReZZerecteD AlckemisTs
|
Posted - 2008.05.06 13:43:00 -
[8]
Only 200 isk per unit?
If I had a need for LO3, I'd scoop up tons at that price.
I always struggle between trying to educate people on what prices a consumer should be willing to pay versus what a seller wants to charge versus trying to take advantage of the uneducated consumer. 
|

Sarmea Moon
Gallente The Graduates Brutally Clever Empire
|
Posted - 2008.05.06 13:48:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Caleese I was buying it happily at 160 per unit until some idiot decided to put a buy order in for 300+ per unit.
Honestly I don't get the stupidity of these people. What must go through their head? "Hmmm Liquid Ozone is being bought for 160isk/u instead of getting it for that awesome price I think I'll offer to pay almost double for it, that's got to be a good use of my isk *goes and shoves a second crayon up their nose*"

They're thinking, *hmn, I can get a trickle at 160, or a flood at 300, and I want it NOW*
Instant gratification.... We see it all the time on market orders ( well if we were lucky and saw it before some other market ho saw it:D)
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, coshes 'em, and rummages in their pockets for loose bits of grammar. |

Amarr Citizen 155
Alternative Methods Research Group
|
Posted - 2008.05.06 15:23:00 -
[10]
Well, I'm sure i've made a lot of sellers very happy as I usually click the order with the quantity I need and buy at that price so that I know I get the quantity I need without having to shop around. I simply build that price difference into my pricing sheet so it doesn't really matter how much I pay for the stuff, I still make the same.
---------------------------------------------- Why do it the hard way when you can do it the AMARR way. |

Caleese
New Eden Research And Design School
|
Posted - 2008.05.12 01:16:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Sarmea Moon
Originally by: Caleese I was buying it happily at 160 per unit until some idiot decided to put a buy order in for 300+ per unit.
Honestly I don't get the stupidity of these people. What must go through their head? "Hmmm Liquid Ozone is being bought for 160isk/u instead of getting it for that awesome price I think I'll offer to pay almost double for it, that's got to be a good use of my isk *goes and shoves a second crayon up their nose*"

They're thinking, *hmn, I can get a trickle at 160, or a flood at 300, and I want it NOW*
Instant gratification.... We see it all the time on market orders ( well if we were lucky and saw it before some other market ho saw it:D)
See therein lies the stupidity.... the order was getting filled and NOT at a trickle. I suppose what I don't get is those who place a buy order just below the current sell price claiming they want it now. If you want it now then just buy straight from a sell order, rather than jacking up the price.
But Kazzac is right, it was probably just a pretty **** poor attempt at market manipulation ----------------- Think of someone you consider of average intelligence... now realise this. Half the worlds population is dumber than that person. How does the world survive such stupidity? |

Carniflex
Caldari Fallout Research Fallout Project
|
Posted - 2008.05.12 07:56:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Caleese
See therein lies the stupidity.... the order was getting filled and NOT at a trickle. I suppose what I don't get is those who place a buy order just below the current sell price claiming they want it now. If you want it now then just buy straight from a sell order, rather than jacking up the price.
But Kazzac is right, it was probably just a pretty **** poor attempt at market manipulation
Or the buyer was unwilling to play the 0.01 isk game with you so he just moved the order price out of your price range you were willing to pay for it. There is no point of putting it say for 165 / unit if you come along 5 min later and put it to 170 and so on. If he has need for that LO he will get it for that price and does not need to camp the price constantly.
Besides, if you bought yours for 160 what stops you fulfilling his 300 buy order for almost 100% profit instantly and keep getting that 160 for unit LO you were getting so far just nice. Just keep filling those buy orders he puts up and eventually he will get enough. That is if you did get big enough volumes for that at 160 per unit, what I find hard to believe, unless it's some really remote corner of galaxy.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |