| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tharrn
|
Posted - 2003.06.13 17:55:00 -
[1]
Lo there! Anyone else getting bluescreens of death since the patch? I am ona ATI Mobility 7500 here and the bluescreen reports an error in an ati-dll.
I have installed the latest Catalyst drivers now - will have to see itf it helps. The lockups are rather random (warping to station, when a buddie comes online, no pattern yet).
|

Morpheus Siranus
|
Posted - 2003.06.13 21:28:00 -
[2]
I have experienced that problem several different times and it seems, for me anyway, to have something to do with me opening the map. Random times and it's not consistent, but I've had that same crash. I'm running a 9700 Pro w/the latest Catalyst drivers and DX 9.0a. Seems to be an application error. I haven't tried it yet on today's patch, but I'll be reloading my system tonight. So I'll try it after that. --------------------------------------------- "People can always be counted on to assert, with vigor, their God given right to be stupid!" - Dean Koontz |

Aronis Contar
|
Posted - 2003.06.14 18:19:00 -
[3]
A blue screen is NOT an application error. A blue screen can only be caused by a faulty driver, or faulty hardware. Since the bluescreen explicitly mentions the ati dll it is either that a.) Your card is broken, b.) Your card overheats (was the reason for bluescreens in my puter) or c.) The driver is faulty.
And yes, EVE was the only game causing bluescreens for me, most possibly because it is quite intense on the graphics hardware. I rearranged the components in my computer a bit, and tadaa, no more overheating, and no more bluescreens.
Ciao, Aronis!
|

Jason Paxton
|
Posted - 2003.06.14 21:23:00 -
[4]
I had the same problems with my Mobility Radeon 7500 on my laptop.
I installed the latest ATI drivers, and that did not help.
HOWEVER, I changed the following display settings under the ATI Direct 3D tab: Compressed texture format: off, and z buffer bit depths to 16.
This seems to have cleared up the problem. I warped around for more than 1.5 hours today with no problems.
Hope that this helps!
|

Tharrn
|
Posted - 2003.06.16 10:17:00 -
[5]
I installed the latest Omega drivers with Patje's mobility mod and everything runs fine again - must have been the driver that came with the machine :/
|

Rymar Vortox
|
Posted - 2003.06.16 19:57:00 -
[6]
Before the patch I didn't have the CTD problem, now I do. I don't get the blue screen just random CTD game login with 3 error windows saying the connection was lost. If I hit Enter or clear the windows and click connect the login screen closes.
I have the Radeon 9700 Pro and installed the latest drivers. Installing the latest drivers had no affect on CTD problem.
Mostly when it happens whatever I'm doing in the game I notice nothing updating like continuously mining and not seeing the cargo hold filling up with ore or fighting a pirate and him not taking any more damage. Sometimes I'll warp to a roid field with no roids to be seen anywhere. After 30 secs to a min I think of this going on I'll get the CTD.
This is so frustrating.
|

Torrac
|
Posted - 2003.06.17 00:01:00 -
[7]
I've got the same problem with my Radeon 9800. Upgraded from an 8500 just before the patch issues started. I've got the latest catalyst drivers and XP is up to date. No problems with any other s/w on my machine. Eve either freezes when I'm about to start warp or my system reboots just after I select my character when I'm logging in. I agree, it is frustrating.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |