| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 7 post(s) |

FloppieTheBanjoClown
The Skunkworks
1057
|
Posted - 2012.03.08 21:21:00 -
[61] - Quote
New Jita node. According to lore, Xenuria declared permanent residence in Jita, triggering a mass evacuation and the destruction of the jump gates. Xenuria is left trapped inside, forever alone. |

ivar R'dhak
STK Scientific
9
|
Posted - 2012.03.08 21:36:00 -
[62] - Quote
CCP Necrogoat wrote:Aine Ni wrote:CCP Necrogoat wrote:Mara Rinn wrote:It is obviously a Red/Green indicator for your unit tests =)
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! Do you run your Unit Test one at a time ? or is it just for all of them ? I both love and hate the little red and green lights for unit testing - but then, I also feel that way about unit testing itself  This is just for my team's tests. The idea is that we make a much bigger one that everyone in the team area can see from their desks. Peculiar. I-¦m pretty sure I understand every single word here but still I have no fracking idea what it-¦s about. 
derpface.jpg |

Buzzmong
Aliastra Gallente Federation
154
|
Posted - 2012.03.08 21:59:00 -
[63] - Quote
I was expecting a Raspberry Pi post, just so Necrogoat could gloat he's managed to bag one in the midst of the shortages. |

Trainwreck McGee
Ghost Ship Inc.
233
|
Posted - 2012.03.08 22:04:00 -
[64] - Quote
Green light means Turberfield is still alive and red light means its raining 1000 dollar pants. CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool |

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers Galactic-Rangers
45
|
Posted - 2012.03.08 23:30:00 -
[65] - Quote
red light means the green light is broken, green light means the red light is broken.
  |

Arline Kley
Galactic Rangers Galactic-Rangers
2
|
Posted - 2012.03.08 23:39:00 -
[66] - Quote
Brown light means the toilets blocked. |

Zagdul
Clan Shadow Wolf Fatal Ascension
416
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 00:19:00 -
[67] - Quote
Mr M wrote:Mr Epeen wrote:Definitely Minmatar, but other than that, I can't say.
Arduino is clearly Minmatar indeed.
You sir are too fast.
I hate you.
+like for you.
It's not Rocket Surgery |

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Industrial Complex Cosmic Consortium
1021
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 00:51:00 -
[68] - Quote
I am sure the folks in the QA department could improve on this idea: http://www.papercut.com/blog/chris/2011/08/19/who-broke-the-build
Precise: USB nerf dart cannon which shoots the developer who broke the continuous integration testing with a bad checkin :) |

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Industrial Complex Cosmic Consortium
1021
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 00:58:00 -
[69] - Quote
And for those who dont know what all this jargon is about: Red/Green/Refactor.
Though in CCP's case they are probably adding tests to support refactoring of a legacy codebase, which is a mammoth undertaking, of the same scale as replacing every strut in the Eiffel Tower without shutting the tourist flow down. |
|

CCP Necrogoat
C C P C C P Alliance
106

|
Posted - 2012.03.09 11:11:00 -
[70] - Quote
Buzzmong wrote:I was expecting a Raspberry Pi post, just so Necrogoat could gloat he's managed to bag one in the midst of the shortages. I tried. I got up at 0600 and everything. CCP Necrogoat | QA Engineer |
|

Tora Bushido
Count With Teddy Mercenaries Stay Calm Don't Panic
22
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 11:25:00 -
[71] - Quote
Thought it would be the light on top of a POS to show how much fuel it still has left, so you can camp the POS and deny fuel supplies. Maybe its the easy answer, its a led.  My resists to bad posts are 78-89-83-90 ....... The metal head plate increased it by 5%.
|

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse Sanctuary Pact
430
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 11:31:00 -
[72] - Quote
CCP Necrogoat wrote:Buzzmong wrote:I was expecting a Raspberry Pi post, just so Necrogoat could gloat he's managed to bag one in the midst of the shortages. I tried. I got up at 0600 and everything.
Reverse engineering the mysterious electronics.
Two resistors, each in series to an LED, the resistors obviously being the current limiters. All mounted on prototyping breadboard. Resistors appear to be coded red/brown/black which would make them each 21 ohms with what looks like a gold band for 5% tolerance. All of this is being fed from an out-of-focus board of some kind, probably picking-up the necessary signal for either the Red or Green LEDs to blink on or off. Looks like some power supply going into the construction, probably between 6 and 12V DV at not much more than 1000milli amps, probably less.
Conclusion.
Quite obviously then and without any shadow of a doubt, it is a warp-core stabiliser with a multi-frequency dual electron injector, obviously made evident by the Red LED. The Green LED simply indicates that the Red LED is doing it's job. I'm quite sure that this is the prototype to the soon to be released pocket-model.
Way to go CCP !!
I had to stop, my eyes started watering, leakage from my brain.
The universe is an ancient desert, a vast wasteland with only occasional habitable planets as oases. We Fremen, comfortable with deserts, shall now venture into another. - STILGAR, From the Sietch to the Stars. |

Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
754
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 11:56:00 -
[73] - Quote
CCP Necrogoat wrote:This is just for my team's tests. The idea is that we make a much bigger one that everyone in the team area can see from their desks. Tazers embedded in every chair.
Don't tell me you haven't thought about it... 84,000 AUR ($420) spent on NeX store for Troll and Profit. |

Muad 'dib
The Imperial Fedaykin
189
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 12:03:00 -
[74] - Quote
looks like the final piece of tech that makes the eve servers "skynet" capable |
|

CCP Nullarbor
C C P C C P Alliance
334

|
Posted - 2012.03.09 12:05:00 -
[75] - Quote
I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat at night thinking about that tiny red light. CCP Nullarbor | Exotic Dancer |
|

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
290
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 12:16:00 -
[76] - Quote
ivar R'dhak wrote:CCP Necrogoat wrote:Aine Ni wrote:CCP Necrogoat wrote:Mara Rinn wrote:It is obviously a Red/Green indicator for your unit tests =)
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! Do you run your Unit Test one at a time ? or is it just for all of them ? I both love and hate the little red and green lights for unit testing - but then, I also feel that way about unit testing itself  This is just for my team's tests. The idea is that we make a much bigger one that everyone in the team area can see from their desks. Peculiar. I-¦m pretty sure I understand every single word here but still I have no fracking idea what it-¦s about.  derpface.jpg
Unit Tests: A way of testing code in an automated fashion, treating each block individually. You write more code that feeds in the conditions that should work, and make sure they output correctly.
So you can just run them one after another each time there's a change made to the code, to make sure someone hasn't broken something unexpected.
They're only as good as the tests, but they're a hell of a lot better than nothing.
So this is just a light to let the QA peeps know if one of those dratted developers have broken something. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_testing FuzzWork Enterprises http://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/ Blueprint calculator and other 'useful' utilities. |

Tanaka Aiko
ICE is Coming to EVE Goonswarm Federation
49
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 13:45:00 -
[77] - Quote
green : customers are trolling others customers red : customers are bored and start trolling CCP |
|

CCP Necrogoat
C C P C C P Alliance
107

|
Posted - 2012.03.09 13:58:00 -
[78] - Quote
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:CCP Necrogoat wrote:This is just for my team's tests. The idea is that we make a much bigger one that everyone in the team area can see from their desks. Tazers embedded in every chair. Don't tell me you haven't thought about it...
It has been mentioned  CCP Necrogoat | QA Engineer |
|

Ethino
Ministry of War Amarr Empire
14
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 14:54:00 -
[79] - Quote
CCP Nullarbor wrote:I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat at night thinking about that tiny red light.
Maybe you guys should apply a siren like this in the server room everytime the "RED LIGHT" flashes
Crowded Node.
SOUND THE ALARM! |

Grumpy Owly
306
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 15:16:00 -
[80] - Quote
I don't know all this talk about a sentient box of electronics to help with tests.
This new star of the CCP community deserves more respect than the EvE players are affording it and its just downright disgracefull. I mean this is all in the interests of science!
I personally feel its a huge lack of responsibility that no-one has called for the box of tricks to be given an affectionate name assuming CCP havent christened it already? Bounty Hunting for CSM 7
Stop EvE Apathy |

Cipher Jones
349
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 15:37:00 -
[81] - Quote
It is clearly a picture of your logs. They broadcast in morse code. No one at CCP can read morse code, which is why your logs always "show nothing".
ITT doesn't just stand for "in this thread' you know.
04:25:37 Notify Cipher Jones, criminals are not welcome here. Leave now or be destroyed. |

Bloodpetal
Mimidae Risk Solutions
498
|
Posted - 2012.03.09 16:15:00 -
[82] - Quote
CCP Necrogoat wrote:Aine Ni wrote:CCP Necrogoat wrote:Mara Rinn wrote:It is obviously a Red/Green indicator for your unit tests =)
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! Do you run your Unit Test one at a time ? or is it just for all of them ? I both love and hate the little red and green lights for unit testing - but then, I also feel that way about unit testing itself  This is just for my team's tests. The idea is that we make a much bigger one that everyone in the team area can see from their desks.
Will you have two huge red and green lights in the middle of the office? Mimidae Risk Solutions Recruiting |

Buzzmong
Aliastra Gallente Federation
155
|
Posted - 2012.03.10 01:36:00 -
[83] - Quote
CCP Necrogoat wrote:Buzzmong wrote:I was expecting a Raspberry Pi post, just so Necrogoat could gloat he's managed to bag one in the midst of the shortages. I tried. I got up at 0600 and everything.
Did you manage to order one?
I managed to place an order with Farnell (aka, Element 14) who are one of the UK distributors and manufacturers. Lead time is six weeks though judging by their delivery ETA of early May. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |