| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jodo Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 10:55:00 -
[1]
I have created a new character with the express intention of preying on some peeps, and generally living the life of a scoundrel, but my initial bravery has been met with constant poddings and early destruction.
I have read the advice on this forum, but is there any way of getting a decent run at piracy as a new player, without needing to fly T2 ships, or getting slaughtered at every attempt at PvP?
|

Nexus Kinnon
SniggWaffe
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 10:57:00 -
[2]
Find a corp.
|

techzer0
Minmatar Mafia
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 11:10:00 -
[3]
Your problem with "early destruction" sounds like a personal problem... call your doctor.
I did great with my alt in a rifter in her first few weeks... I dunno if Red vs Blue is still going or FW stuff, but you can get into that fairly easy. You should learn how to warp your pod out, if you're PVP'ing in lowsec you should not get podded 99% of the time.
btw... i love your sig nexus  ------------ CCP > Let's play the nerf a race game! Next up minmatar! |

Jodo Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 11:17:00 -
[4]
I think my problem may be horrendous lag! After the first volleys were exchanged, I was pretty much a passenger until I appeared back at my clone station. I didnt even get the chance to warp my pod out!!!
I will persevere..and maybe my luck will change with experience!
|

techzer0
Minmatar Mafia
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 11:22:00 -
[5]
Ah, I remember the days of playing on my laptop... Yeah I lost a lot of ships to lag 
If you lag in a fight, you'll either lose or get lucky. Last time it happened to me I just pounded my MWD and prayed that I wasn't gonna come back 120mil poorer and out 100+mil in implants to a tech 1 cruiser. I survived... but when the lag cleared I was 275km from the bugger I would have killed  ------------ CCP > Let's play the nerf a race game! Next up minmatar! |

Travivi
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 12:23:00 -
[6]
If you want some real advice on being a pirate, here is some. I have a friend who belongs to a corp called "The Rakateers". These guys are high sec pirates operating out of one of the systems jumping into Jita. They would be your best bet to learn who to do it. Find them and talk to them about joining them.
|

Sol'Kanar
Minmatar NightCrew
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 12:31:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Travivi If you want some real advice on being a pirate, here is some. I have a friend who belongs to a corp called "The Rakateers". These guys are high sec pirates operating out of one of the systems jumping into Jita. They would be your best bet to learn who to do it. Find them and talk to them about joining them.
Last I heard, RAK splintered and died.
|

Kirra Liu
H O R I Z O N
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 12:34:00 -
[8]
If lag is what's getting you killed then there is not alot you can do apart from upgrading your computer or getting better internet. If though its experience thats lacking then joining a pirate corp is a good bet, however you can generally find pirates to tag along with without having to join their corp which lets you keep your options open alittle.
Fly cheap aswell for a while also. Once you have some experience at effective piracy, it'll start to come naturally.
|

Jodo Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 12:40:00 -
[9]
Cheers for the advice, peeps. I will stay cheap, and maybe try to camp a few areas looking for some soft targets to start with.
|

Wind Ictiva
Delta Kappa Gamma
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 13:07:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Wind Ictiva on 28/07/2008 13:09:18
Originally by: Sol'Kanar
Originally by: Travivi If you want some real advice on being a pirate, here is some. I have a friend who belongs to a corp called "The Rakateers". These guys are high sec pirates operating out of one of the systems jumping into Jita. They would be your best bet to learn who to do it. Find them and talk to them about joining them.
Last I heard, RAK splintered and died.
Last i heard RAK were the laughing stock of eve
Edit: to be just a little constructive (this once), OP: try Ivy League, you should get some great pvp experience there. Then join a pirate corp.
Originally by: Admiral Love
Hmm creating a thread like this is perhaps a little like sitting naked with bleeding balls in a pool of piranhas. I Won't do it again - most of you guys are pretty nasty
|

Sol'Kanar
Minmatar NightCrew
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 13:15:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Wind Ictiva Last i heard RAK were the laughing stock of eve
Animosity, on my internets?
OP - Doing some kind of PvP training course will get you informed on some basic tactics. Really though, trial by fire is where you actually learn (or fail) to be a pirate.
|

Avan Sercedos
A-1 Bonding
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 14:07:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Sol'Kanar Really though, trial by losing ship after ship until the lessons finally start to get pounded into the head that you finally realize is thick after all is where you actually learn (or fail) to be a pirate.
fixt
|

Syringe
Morphine Inc
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 14:15:00 -
[13]
www.eve-pirate.com
do some reading here, peruse the forums a bit. This won't help with lag, but there's some really good advice here - particularly on solo pirating and can-jacking. --------- War isn't the answer. However, the objective isn't to provide answers rather than eliminate the question. |

Spectre3353
Gallente The Python Cartel
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 14:22:00 -
[14]
I am currently in the process of writing a series of posts on how to get into piracy as a newb. If you want to take a look, check here:
http://evenewb.blogspot.com/2008/07/newb-pirate-guide-introduction.html
Anyone who gives it a read and replies, please keep in mind that this is a newb pirate writing about how to be a newb pirate. There is no need to flame if I have any incorrect info or your don't agree with my advice. Simply give constructive criticism. Thanks! ----- http://evenewb.blogspot.com/
|

Nexus Kinnon
SniggWaffe
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 14:54:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Spectre3353 I am currently in the process of writing a series of posts on how to get into piracy as a newb. If you want to take a look, check here:
http://evenewb.blogspot.com/2008/07/newb-pirate-guide-introduction.html
Anyone who gives it a read and replies, please keep in mind that this is a newb pirate writing about how to be a newb pirate. There is no need to flame if I have any incorrect info or your don't agree with my advice. Simply give constructive criticism. Thanks!
EVEnewb.blogspot.com - now with added irrational hatred of minmatar recons.
|

Kelakh Cynbal
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 15:09:00 -
[16]
Being new to combat, to give you a real edge I would invest about 8 mil on one of agony unleashed classes. These guys are pretty good when it comes to PVP and they can give you alot of advice on how to fight.
They will be a wise investment. I dont normally adovacte thier classes because I much prefer shooting at them myself, but they can fight. Also try cheap setups your willing to lose. Never fly waht you cant afford to lose. A fast frig is usefull if you pick your targets wisely.
Lag is something that you will have to get used to if your internet connection is a little slow. Also if your looking for a corp, K. M. A. enterprise is recruiting and we have a few members that are intersted in your style of game play. It never hurts to fly with a wingman. Best of luck to you. And on that note...remember to orbit your target, i warped scrammed an interceptor last night that forgot how fast he could go, when he went in s straight line, he did not outrun my missiles
|

Spectre3353
Gallente The Python Cartel
|
Posted - 2008.07.28 15:11:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Nexus Kinnon
Originally by: Spectre3353 I am currently in the process of writing a series of posts on how to get into piracy as a newb. If you want to take a look, check here:
http://evenewb.blogspot.com/2008/07/newb-pirate-guide-introduction.html
Anyone who gives it a read and replies, please keep in mind that this is a newb pirate writing about how to be a newb pirate. There is no need to flame if I have any incorrect info or your don't agree with my advice. Simply give constructive criticism. Thanks!
EVEnewb.blogspot.com - now with added irrational hatred of minmatar recons.
The hatred is there but I would hardly call it irrational :) ----- http://evenewb.blogspot.com/
|

Jodo Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.07.29 10:35:00 -
[18]
Thanks guys! A lot of good advice there! I will look into those links!
|

Jodo Gundar
|
Posted - 2008.07.29 14:19:00 -
[19]
Just popping in to say, that blog is excellent! Some great little snippets of advice in there. Not to mention the entries concerning ship selection and skill training.
Good stuff, and a good read for newbie scoundrels!
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |