| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Cuebick
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 01:30:00 -
[1]
Well, there was a post earlier now about your greatest escapes =) It's really fun to read these so I decided to make a new topic; Your biggest battle mistake.
Mine is like this: I was a complete newbie, heading towards the heart of stain with my Thorax. I had a lot of skills in cargohold worth maybe 4-5mills. I just set autopilot on.. yeah great "54jumps to go" So.. I tell them in corp "yeah, my first 0.0 space system im going into.. "HED-GP" I really recognized that name.. in some of movies that wore made.. Due to my extreme doubt ... I double-check the movies and see that some major battles have been there so I ask on corp channel for advice. I make new waypoints. I'm in my first 5-7 0.0 space systems and think to my surprise, "There is nobody here.. this isn't as dangerous as I thought". I go to the toilet and the next thing I see on the screen is a pod.. and I'm like WTF? in local, thinking "HOW RUDE! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS".. The pirates had a Caracal and a Scorpion, tell me that I'm lucky to be alive". I keep my journey on (IN MY POD!!) and dock in dss. Get an Ibis and have 15jumps left.. while I have 3jumps left.. I get a bunch of Omega "Crap"corp and they pod me.. I was so mad untill someone told me to clone jump. :( Later that week I got a new Thorax from the corp and without a clone I ask some allies if the gates are clear to the nearest clone station.. first two are (out of three) so I begin jumping (I had set destination to the system). Then he sais, "8 hostiles in system" And I stop, and go back (I THOUGH, ACCIDENTLY TRIGGERING OFF THE AUTOPILOT) meet a nice fleet of cruisers, puzzled by the amazement that they're very quick jumping. And I get podded :oP
A bit too long but.. enjoy Share your storys =)
Cuebick [Napalm industries recruiting in IRO XI QUAFE COMPANY] ____________________________________
|

Moonrunner
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 01:41:00 -
[2]
Doing an L3 kill mission with difficult rats using some heavy missiles, and me going in there with a maller and no smartbomb equipped. Simply put...I got owned. Smartbombs are now my new best friend 
|

Firequill
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 03:20:00 -
[3]
I was in my celestis hunting rats in a .5 system, just checking out my new setup.. So i get a spawn right in the middle of some rocks and i fire my missiles.. only to find out that someone had left a drone right where they spawned, and the splash from my missile hit it.. And in came concord.. *KABOOM*
well, expensive misstake for me as i had just lost my vexor due to a similar misstake ...
|

Meridius
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 04:07:00 -
[4]
A few months back i was doing a lot of traveling around getting equipment and stuff in my maller. So anyway, i was in a 0.7 system and something locks me, i assumed it was another rat and fired on it. It turns out it was a player. My ship was destroyed post haste by the wonderfull sentries. Harsh lesson.
I lock my F-keys when in empire now, so unless i double confirm its a rat/at war im not gonna shoot.
________________________________________________________
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 09:35:00 -
[5]
Haven't done any mistakes that made me lose a ship, however I gotta say I got pretty afraid of losing it at the time... I was in my megathron using blasters, spotted an enemy apoc (in empire space I might add, at war). Targets him, fired up the MWD, warp scramble/web and start attacking. I see my cap going down fast like hell, I'm like "noo he got neutralizers, damn". When I switch to medslots to get some cap boosters in there, I see my MWD... It's active! So that's why my guns aren't hitting for ****. I warp out and never again put my MWD on autorepeat 
|

Marcsen
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 11:28:00 -
[6]
Month ago, when i had to rush to a fleet battle in my scorpion, i fitted it with a shield boost amplifier instead of a shield booster 
Luckily i wasnt targeted by the enemy so it wasnt that bad in the end 
---[G]--- |

Anaris Quy'Katar
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 11:29:00 -
[7]
Ahh the wonders of L3 missions. I had been doing L2 mission in my Moa for a long time, naturally owning everything there was of kill missions because they were wuss missions before the change. Well, I got to L3, did a few easy missions, killed a few guristas emissary Moa's, thought "Damn this is soooo easy", then got the 'rogue slave trader' mission. "Bah, two mortifiers, arent those Merlins?"  Nope. I warped in,*****y as hell at 15km, and proceeded to have my ass handed to me in approximately 5 seconds by the two blaster equipped Moa's. 
It was after that little episode that I learned how to setup my midslots, and NOT to use 150mm duals 
Anaris Quy'Katar ____________________________________________ A good general does not lead his troops to oblivion simply because he knows they will follow.
[ 2004.04.17 16:27:15 ] Your 250mm Railgun I perfectly strikes Mercenary Commander, wrecking for 183.4 damage. |

Grimpak
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 11:40:00 -
[8]
using a dampening/sensor support BB to attack a fully equiped rupture... I thought "heck, got 2 dampners he's gonna get a hell of a lock time and 75% less range" well I was at 20~25km from it pummeling it down with heavy missiles and so but then I saw some blasts on my ship and the shield/armour/hull dropping as hell ...just forgot that FoF cruise missiles also exist... -------------------
Quote: Fragm's Oversized Ego Cannon barely scratches the forums, inflicting omgnoonecares damage
|

Elrathias
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 14:42:00 -
[9]
Well. my biggest misstake ever was acctually trusting CCP to know how to code the autoscanner. it marked a sec status +4.3 dude as <-5.0 in yulai, so i fired upon him and lost my ship.
--------------------------
|

Marcsen
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 14:51:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Elrathias Well. my biggest misstake ever was acctually trusting CCP to know how to code the autoscanner. it marked a sec status +4.3 dude as <-5.0 in yulai, so i fired upon him and lost my ship.
Doesnt the scanner also mark people as outlaws when the corp has a <-5 relation to Concord?
---[G]--- |

Agent Shield
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 17:22:00 -
[11]
Took at Tempest out, saw an enemy, they ran away after a couple of shots.
Another player in their corp (at war) logged on and came right over. I locked, fired, here comes concord.
Seems my 'tan' colored friend was not 'orange' now and I killed him. He switched to a newb corp.
IE: Lost the ship.
Bummer, but I suppose I should watch colors a little closer and watch when in empire that a member we are at war with changes corp.
All my partner could do was watch as concord blew up the ship and then go get the modules to put on another one. Nothing you can do when you do it to yourself.
Too bad if you are at war with someone, the players can't switch corps. Mistakes happen, it's a game. 
Agent Shield |

Stray Bullitt
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 17:26:00 -
[12]
Well this was in my younger days of eve playin.. i was doin some mining in a 1.0 system with my mammoth. Then some noob comes up to me in his rookieship and starts fireing at me.. im thinkin to my self...well let him have it for a while and see if he quits on his own.. after a while he doesnt. So i warp out to get my rupture that i have in my hangar. When i get back.. hes surrounded by concord..and i ofcoarse in my blind rage shoot a missile at him. Then u can think what Concord did to me.... ... 5 Concords show up and shoots my ship to a fine mist.... and it doesnt stop there.. by then i didnt know about how long Concord is ****ed at u.. after a thing like that so thinkin that Concord had have their revenge.. i get back and and get my mammoth... and who do u think is w8 4 me when i have undocked from the station... If u guessed Concord ..then u were right... i try to redock.. but my ship is pounded by some lasers and....boooommm... So i redock in my pod for the second time.. and get the only ship i have... a shuttle. Im thinkin perhaps i can outrun them... so i undock.. and makes a quick jump to the nearest jumpgate... then im caught by lagg and when thats done... guess what... my ship is a fine mist.. So i get back and redock 4 the third time in a pod that day.. and dont move for the rest of the day...those of u who that read this tale..hear my warning ..dont ever ****-off Concord.. they will get u in the end.
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 18:18:00 -
[13]
I've had a couple of unfortunate incidents..
Shot someone in 0.5 who I wasn't at war with. Bye bye Scorpion.
Fired on TankUK in Luminaire and a stray n00b got in direct line of my cruise missile. Bye bye Scorpion.
Equipped for long-range damping/425mm's in my Scorpion, accidentally warped in at 15km and landed right ontop of a blasterthron and an apoc. Bye bye Scorpion.
Thought there were only three Zombie pilots at a gate, jumped in and there were 7. Bye bye Raven.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Karhig Duruckhai
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 19:06:00 -
[14]
Edited by: Karhig Duruckhai on 29/05/2004 19:08:41 I think my biggest combat mistake was to leave my autopilot on in 0.0 and trust that the CA would have the route locked down tighter than a very tight thing. Surely whilst in CA space I'd be safe (as a CA member)? Its not as if we're at war with anyone or anything. Merrily jumping along.... straight into a Celestial Apoc blockade. Died in seconds.
Do you know what the really sad thing is? I've actually now done this twice You really would think I'd learn the first time wouldn't you...
You'd have thought I would have learnt after the second time, but I still do similar things now. So, to enemies of CA everywhere, if you should happen to see me in 0.0, on my own, trotting along like a newb with autopilot on, please be gentle
Strangely, I never do it in my Crow (~5mil ISK) but am perfectly happy to do it in my Scorpion (~70mil ISK). Shows where my priorities lie I guess.
|

SwitchBl4d3
|
Posted - 2004.05.29 20:40:00 -
[15]
killing a CA battleship in 0.7, what nerd at ccp whacked a 0.7 in between low sec empire pffft.. needless to say concord took my bs. could logged and tanked it i suppose but its a sploit..
concord is the only people to ever kill one of my bs. but the good thing about 0.7 is that the dont target jamm so ii got to nail a few ships before i lost my cap and finally died. also killing concord inst worth it they dont drop nuthing "Teh lord of Nonni"
|

SKiNNiEH
|
Posted - 2004.05.30 23:38:00 -
[16]
1. MWD'ing to a LARGE m0o fleet in Kaira in my Maller (more of a "ah what the heck" kind of move.. but stupid non the less:)
2. Engaging an NPC Battleship spawn (2x BS, 8x cruiser) and finding out that they are actually scrambling more than 1 strength for a change.. safe to say the one wcstab i had on my Apocalypse wasnt enough. Lost a 1600mm rolled tungsten there :( -------
|

Brukhai Khan
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 00:53:00 -
[17]
took my typhoon into battle against an apoc (I thought what the heck, it¦s insured...) just to realise after the battle that the insurance had run out 15 minutes before...
but I won, so it was all good. :)
(that was way back, when no insurance meant 0.- payout)
|

Kooky Blonde
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 00:56:00 -
[18]
telling CA not to shoot me because i was unarmed! |

Sicori Malaki
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 04:07:00 -
[19]
my stupidest mistake in combat, well I was at a gate escorting some friendly haulers to a refinery.
I was in a Caracal and another Caracal came in, mind you I am/was a n00b in PvP and I Bet the other one was a veteran PvP.
anyhow, so we shoot torps/cruise missiles at each other and I realize I am fighting a loosing battle and head to the gate but unfortunately I can't jump because of aggression thingie. so I die, but few minutes later a friendly apoc came along and blasted that caracal to kingdom come :) ______________ Only in the Tales that humans tell, do the hunters kill the wolf in the end.
|

Lord Azraiel
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 04:10:00 -
[20]
Forgetting to bring extra ammo  "I'm comin' for ya, and Hell's comin' with me!" |

Sphalerite
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 07:07:00 -
[21]
I once flew a Rifter ~20 jumps to go fight before I realized I had grabbed torps insted of cruise missiles. Luckily the NPC stations in curse like me and the market there had reasonable prices.
|

Xxzard
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 07:14:00 -
[22]
tryin to use target missles in asteroid field all 6 ran into rocks, but i survied with my ship  Proud member of PIE inc.
|

number 258
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 08:02:00 -
[23]
i was fighting a cruiser spawn in my thorax and when i have 5% structure left i see that i forgot to kill one of 'em
long live the Taranis!!!
|

MinThreat
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 09:59:00 -
[24]
Tried to take on a Caldari Navy station in a merlin....Didnt work...... Symposium INC |

darth solo
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 12:25:00 -
[25]
mmmm mistakes in battle... prob quite a few in fleet battles due to lag... lag is a total killer...smaller battles, very few that i can remember.
like josh says, warping into battles set for range, or close, but doing the total opposite isnt pretty...
oh no, now i actually remember one.... undocked from a station in empire to find an enemy BS at perfect range for me.. fired up hardeners/warp scrambled.. start firing, and i warp to the gate, due to still having my AP on.. looked like i ran like a girl, warped back, and he was gone:(.
|

Dreez
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 14:44:00 -
[26]
Jumped into a gate camped by 15 SA Battleships with my tackler scorpion, my fps dropped to... about.. LOW. My screen unfroze 3 times, first. My scorp at 50% shields, second. My scorp a deep armor, third.. warping away in a pod.
Still waiting CCP to reimburse .
'Trying to argue logically with Evol is like trying to teach a pig to dance. It only makes you look foolish and really annoys the pig ' - Duke Droklar [OC]
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 15:19:00 -
[27]
Why would they reimburse it? Are you saying you would have lived if you didn't lag out?
|

DJTheBaron
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 16:59:00 -
[28]
my biggest battle mistakes are running gate camps when autopliliot decided it will be funny to not jump, or when warping thinks its funny to align up to the warp target and take 100 seconds to enter warp
i was not scrambled for the warp problem, and i was not hostile for the gate problem
oh and there was once i died because i couldnt see what direction my ship was because of a raven humping it due to another ccp bug __________________________________________________
Scum, your all scum. |

Dreez
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 20:21:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Jarjar Why would they reimburse it? Are you saying you would have lived if you didn't lag out?
Because if i would not have lagged, i would have been fully capable of controling my scorpion, quickly aligned, and warped out before anyone of them could get close enough for scrambling.
But due to abscense of controll due to bad communication between the servers , witch created the lagg.
'Trying to argue logically with Evol is like trying to teach a pig to dance. It only makes you look foolish and really annoys the pig ' - Duke Droklar [OC]
|

SKiNNiEH
|
Posted - 2004.05.31 20:46:00 -
[30]
If CCP found a problem on their end, i'm sure it would ge reimbursed... But the problem might have easily been on your end aswell. Your computers hardware (video, sound, memory), internet link, drivers, the OS itself, virusscanner (update running or scan autostarted) or maybe because you didnt reboot your machine in ages, could all have attributed to the lag and ultimately to the loss of your ship. I guess thats why stuff like XBOX'es and PS2's are so in demand.. other than hardware failure, stuff runs like a dream on those.
Still, CCP is logging quite a bit of data, along with the health of the servers (probably Microsoft Operations Manager) to determine if it was their end, so i hope you get your ship back (even if you're CA:) -------
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |