| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Transmaniacon
Minmatar Strike-Force-Alpha
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 19:59:00 -
[31]
[Drake, PVE]
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Scourge) 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Scourge) 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Scourge) 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Scourge) 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Scourge) 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Scourge) 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I (Scourge) Drone Link Augmentor I
Large Shield Extender II Large Shield Extender II Shield Recharger II Resistance Amplifier II (Primary Rat Specific Damage) Resistance Amplifier II (Primary Rat Specific Damage) Resistance Amplifier II (Secondary Rat Specific Damage)
Ballistic Control System II Ballistic Control System II Shield Power Relay II Shield Power Relay II
Core Defense Field Purger I Core Defense Field Purger I Core Defense Field Purger I
x5 Hornet II
|

Ranger 1
Amarr Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 20:59:00 -
[32]
Teak 2, all the way.
|

Taloic
Caldari Black Watch Regiment New Eden Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 21:24:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Ranger 1 Teak 2, all the way.
Teak is nice especially the upgraded but I like Cedar best it has such a nice smell.
|

Lux Exterior
The Scope
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 22:11:00 -
[34]
I know speed isn't fashionable these days but you could fit it like this:
5 x T2 Balsawood Internal Structure
T2 10MN Logburner, 3 x T2 Large Table Extender, 2 x T2 Polyurethane Varnish Coating
6 x 'Arborist' Heavy Stump Grinder
3 x Cord Fence Field Extension
Then there are implants to consider....
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
Friedrich Nietzsche |

August Guns
Minmatar Infinite ISK
|
Posted - 2008.08.14 22:16:00 -
[35]
Live oak. Best tank ever. August Guns |

Threstina
|
Posted - 2008.08.15 12:39:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Derek Sigres
Originally by: Lithel
Originally by: kKayron Jarvis The Battlecruisers Drake, what wood you put in it?
I hear oak is pretty good...
Nah - ASH is the way to go. No finish needed - just polish and you have a natural greyish finsh on your wood.
he he you said wood
|

Transmaniacon
Minmatar Strike-Force-Alpha
|
Posted - 2008.08.15 12:47:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Lux Exterior I know speed isn't fashionable these days but you could fit it like this:
5 x T2 Balsawood Internal Structure
T2 10MN Logburner, 3 x T2 Large Table Extender, 2 x T2 Polyurethane Varnish Coating
6 x 'Arborist' Heavy Stump Grinder
3 x Cord Fence Field Extension
Then there are implants to consider....
Post of the day! 
|

RuriHoshino
Minmatar Stimulus
|
Posted - 2008.08.15 13:14:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Lux Exterior I know speed isn't fashionable these days but you could fit it like this:
5 x T2 Balsawood Internal Structure
T2 10MN Logburner, 3 x T2 Large Table Extender, 2 x T2 Polyurethane Varnish Coating
6 x 'Arborist' Heavy Stump Grinder
3 x Cord Fence Field Extension
Then there are implants to consider....
I'm a fan of the AR-50 "Bunyan" Speedlogger, the reduction in sawing time makes logging much more efficient in time / isk ratio. Also, a low-grade Planer set isn't hard to find, and the resulting bonus (50% faster application of coatings on all surfaces!) is well worth it in the long run.
Support a Real, Reasonable Change to Speed |

Disco Flint
The Flaming Sideburn's Blackguard Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.08.15 13:25:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Disco Flint on 15/08/2008 13:25:22
Originally by: Lux Exterior 'Arborist'
That's what I deserve for taking a sip while browsing such a thread I guess :(
|

Marissa Lasirano
|
Posted - 2008.08.15 13:36:00 -
[40]
On a drake you really can't go wrong with giant redwood... Though you need quite a few, it does, as someone pointed out, annoy the nuts immensely.
|

Ambien Torca
|
Posted - 2008.08.15 14:31:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Lux Exterior I know speed isn't fashionable these days but you could fit it like this:
5 x T2 Balsawood Internal Structure
T2 10MN Logburner, 3 x T2 Large Table Extender, 2 x T2 Polyurethane Varnish Coating
6 x 'Arborist' Heavy Stump Grinder
3 x Cord Fence Field Extension
Then there are implants to consider....
Awesome... /me hands Lux Exterior a cookie award for best laugh of the day
|

TerrorBaBy
Nearly Feared
|
Posted - 2008.08.16 15:53:00 -
[42]
Originally by: James Lyrus
Originally by: Kuar Z'thain
Originally by: Aypse Either Oak or Maple, definitely not pine.
But the soft woods finish so nicely! 
Pfft. Tackly. Mahogany is where it's at. Rainforest hardwoods - both look beautiful, and annoy eco-nuts.
I think you'll find a good rosewood goes a long way, if you can source it. _______________
Originally by: Constance Harme It's like willfully getting into a car full of strangers and then being driven out to the woods and being shot.
|

Sidus Isaacs
|
Posted - 2008.08.16 15:59:00 -
[43]
Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 16/08/2008 16:00:02 Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 16/08/2008 15:59:40 I use this: I can pretty muc afk any lv 3 mission if I want, and it has deacent dps.
[Drake] Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I (Better then the T2 version) Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I Ballistic Control System II Ballistic Control System II
Large Shield Extender II Large Shield Extender II Shield Recharger II Ballistic Deflection Field II Ballistic Deflection Field II Heat Dissipation Field II
'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile (or the meta level 3 one) 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile (Faction missiles is not needed tho :P) 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile Drone Link Augmentor I
Core Defence Field Purger I Core Defence Field Purger I Core Defence Field Purger I
Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II
|

Johann Callasan
|
Posted - 2008.08.16 18:39:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Sidus Isaacs Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 16/08/2008 16:00:02 Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 16/08/2008 15:59:40 I use this: I can pretty muc afk any lv 3 mission if I want, and it has deacent dps.
[Drake] Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I (Better then the T2 version) Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I Ballistic Control System II Ballistic Control System II
Large Shield Extender II Large Shield Extender II Shield Recharger II Ballistic Deflection Field II Ballistic Deflection Field II Heat Dissipation Field II
'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile (or the meta level 3 one) 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile (Faction missiles is not needed tho :P) 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile Drone Link Augmentor I
Core Defence Field Purger I Core Defence Field Purger I Core Defence Field Purger I
Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II
You may want to recosider that fit unless you have a *TON* of iskies.
Where I'm currently at, Arbalest Heavies go for 15.5 mil isk APIECE. No joke. Your loadout would cost far more than the Drake itself, just in launchers, not to mention rigs.
The XR-3200 heavies , for 3/4 of a sec difference in launch speed, go for 3.9 mil. Tier2 go for less than a mill apiece.
This is in Heimatar, other regions may vary. Makes me wish my Invention skills were up to inventing Arbalests :)
|

Sidus Isaacs
|
Posted - 2008.08.17 10:33:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Johann Callasan
Originally by: Sidus Isaacs Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 16/08/2008 16:00:02 Edited by: Sidus Isaacs on 16/08/2008 15:59:40 I use this: I can pretty muc afk any lv 3 mission if I want, and it has deacent dps.
[Drake] Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I (Better then the T2 version) Beta Reactor Control: Shield Power Relay I Ballistic Control System II Ballistic Control System II
Large Shield Extender II Large Shield Extender II Shield Recharger II Ballistic Deflection Field II Ballistic Deflection Field II Heat Dissipation Field II
'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile (or the meta level 3 one) 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile (Faction missiles is not needed tho :P) 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile 'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile Drone Link Augmentor I
Core Defence Field Purger I Core Defence Field Purger I Core Defence Field Purger I
Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II Hobgoblin II
You may want to recosider that fit unless you have a *TON* of iskies.
Where I'm currently at, Arbalest Heavies go for 15.5 mil isk APIECE. No joke. Your loadout would cost far more than the Drake itself, just in launchers, not to mention rigs.
The XR-3200 heavies , for 3/4 of a sec difference in launch speed, go for 3.9 mil. Tier2 go for less than a mill apiece.
This is in Heimatar, other regions may vary. Makes me wish my Invention skills were up to inventing Arbalests :)
True that, Arbies are horrendously expencive. I have found most of my Arbies in mission loot, and I did not want to sell them :P, but I do actually use some XR-3200 as well. Other then that the fit can handle all level 3 missions, and tank them well, also the 2xBCUII makes the damage and rate nice. (I use no salvage or tractor since I loot the mission in a salvage ship, but the Drone Link can be awapped for a tractor to get mission critical loot faster as most mission do not need the link agumentor)
|

Xindi Kraid
Kraid Salvaging
|
Posted - 2008.08.17 14:20:00 -
[46]
I use particle board attached to a chicken wire and paper mache hull. Its cheaper that way. Besides shields were invented for a reason.
Those crazy gallente and Amarr don't understand its usefulness -So says Xindi Kraid
Dear devs: Sign here initial here here and here |

Atlas Elestra
Titan Mining LLC
|
Posted - 2008.08.18 11:30:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Johann Callasan
This is in Heimatar, other regions may vary. Makes me wish my Invention skills were up to inventing Arbalests :)
I know this is a little off topic, but I thought varients or named mods were all loot and not craftable. that inventing just made your techI copy a tech II copy...
Anyway I have a similar fit. high 7 x Best Affordable Heavy Missle Launchers 1x Salvager (debating switching to a tractor) Mid 2 x Large Shield Extender II 2 x Shield Recharger II 1 x AB 1 x Invulnerabilty I Low 3 x Shield Power Relay II 1 x BCS Drones 2 x Hammer I 1 x Hobgoblin I (if I could control 5 I think i'd go to 5 hobbgoblins)
I'm quite sure I'll switch to all Tech II when I have the skills. I just use it to Run missions in High Sec. Usually just do IIIs, or I'll run 4s if I have help. Not sure you can really get teh DPS up high enough for 4s... although perhaps with Faction ammo and a more DPS aggressive fit...But then can you sacrifice that defense? ôSalvage is as much an art as building the ship itself. We take rubble and make rigs, now that takes Talent.ö |

Sidus Isaacs
|
Posted - 2008.08.18 11:56:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Atlas Elestra
Originally by: Johann Callasan
This is in Heimatar, other regions may vary. Makes me wish my Invention skills were up to inventing Arbalests :)
I know this is a little off topic, but I thought varients or named mods were all loot and not craftable. that inventing just made your techI copy a tech II copy...
Anyway I have a similar fit. high 7 x Best Affordable Heavy Missle Launchers 1x Salvager (debating switching to a tractor) Mid 2 x Large Shield Extender II 2 x Shield Recharger II 1 x AB 1 x Invulnerabilty I Low 3 x Shield Power Relay II 1 x BCS Drones 2 x Hammer I 1 x Hobgoblin I (if I could control 5 I think i'd go to 5 hobbgoblins)
I'm quite sure I'll switch to all Tech II when I have the skills. I just use it to Run missions in High Sec. Usually just do IIIs, or I'll run 4s if I have help. Not sure you can really get teh DPS up high enough for 4s... although perhaps with Faction ammo and a more DPS aggressive fit...But then can you sacrifice that defense?
I strongly recomend at least 2 BCUII. :)
|

Dr Clay
|
Posted - 2008.08.18 12:54:00 -
[49]
I would fill it with wood.
|

Imaos
|
Posted - 2008.08.18 14:52:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Sidus Isaacs
Originally by: Atlas Elestra
Originally by: Johann Callasan
This is in Heimatar, other regions may vary. Makes me wish my Invention skills were up to inventing Arbalests :)
I know this is a little off topic, but I thought varients or named mods were all loot and not craftable. that inventing just made your techI copy a tech II copy...
Anyway I have a similar fit. high 7 x Best Affordable Heavy Missle Launchers 1x Salvager (debating switching to a tractor) Mid 2 x Large Shield Extender II 2 x Shield Recharger II 1 x AB 1 x Invulnerabilty I Low 3 x Shield Power Relay II 1 x BCS Drones 2 x Hammer I 1 x Hobgoblin I (if I could control 5 I think i'd go to 5 hobbgoblins)
I'm quite sure I'll switch to all Tech II when I have the skills. I just use it to Run missions in High Sec. Usually just do IIIs, or I'll run 4s if I have help. Not sure you can really get teh DPS up high enough for 4s... although perhaps with Faction ammo and a more DPS aggressive fit...But then can you sacrifice that defense?
I strongly recomend at least 2 BCUII. :)
I strongly recommend training t2 heavies (best affordable) and shield upgrades:
7xHeavy Missile Launcher II 1xDLA/Salvager/Tractorbeam 3xLSE II, 1x Shield Recharger II, 2x Hardener 2xBCU II, 2xSPR II (Or 3 BCU, 1xSPR II (might be CPU short)) 3xField Purger
Imaos ------------------------------------------
Originally by: NoNah
My friend, this is EVE, as it's a space oriented game, they couldn't have trolls. We have Caldari.
|

Inspiror
|
Posted - 2008.08.26 20:03:00 -
[51]
This is my current PvP Drake set up, which is still a work in progress. Comments welcome  High slots 7x Heavy assault launcher, 1x sml Nave Mid slots 1x inv field II 1x med shield booster II 1x heat amp 1x magnetic amp 1x kinetic amp 10mn micro warp Low slots Damage control II 3x cap relay II Rigs 2x cap 1x warhead calfication Shield resistance EM û 54/66: Explosive û 62/73: Kinetic û 71/79: Thermal û 61/72 Shield booster, damage control and inv field can be run continually. Micro warp can be run continually with damage control and inv field. Kinetic amp can be changed for warp scarm/web wen required..
|

Valtis Thermalion
Caldari Humantarget
|
Posted - 2008.08.26 20:28:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Inspiror This is my current PvP Drake set up, which is still a work in progress. Comments welcome  High slots 7x Heavy assault launcher, 1x sml Nave Mid slots 1x inv field II 1x med shield booster II 1x heat amp 1x magnetic amp 1x kinetic amp 10mn micro warp Low slots Damage control II 3x cap relay II Rigs 2x cap 1x warhead calfication Shield resistance EM û 54/66: Explosive û 62/73: Kinetic û 71/79: Thermal û 61/72 Shield booster, damage control and inv field can be run continually. Micro warp can be run continually with damage control and inv field. Kinetic amp can be changed for warp scarm/web wen required..
Try the following:
7xheavy assault missile launcher
2xInvulnerability field Large Shield extender 10MN mwd Web Warp disruptor
2 - 3 ballistic control system Power diagnostic system 0 - 1 Damage control
5xcombat drones or ecm drones.
If you feel lucky/rich: extender rigs, otherwise use shield resistance rigs or don't rig at all.
|

Facepalm
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2008.08.26 20:51:00 -
[53]
Originally by: RayBanJockey Plywould?
lawl
|

The Tzar
Malicious Intentions Un-Natural Selection
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 01:21:00 -
[54]
Sell your drake and buy a falcon, apparently they pwn... __________________________________________
'Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear intelligent until they speak' __________________________________________ |

Boz Well
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 01:45:00 -
[55]
This is the sappiest thread I've ever seen. The OP asked a simple question, and yet the replies have branched out in a dozen different directions. And your replies are terrible, I got so board reading them. They are absolutely terrible, what you've written is barely even ENGLISH! It's like something a dogwood write! I think you should all think about what you've done, and then come back and spruce up your posts a bit to better answer the OP's question.
|

Terianna Eri
Amarr Scrutari
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 06:55:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Boz Well This is the sappiest thread I've ever seen. The OP asked a simple question, and yet the replies have branched out in a dozen different directions. And your replies are terrible, I got so board reading them. They are absolutely terrible, what you've written is barely even ENGLISH! It's like something a dogwood write! I think you should all think about what you've done, and then come back and spruce up your posts a bit to better answer the OP's question.
I love you 
@OP: Train for Heavy Missile Launcher IIs - you need the damage (heavy missile dps is sort of poo) and arbalests are not worth paying for. __________________________________
Originally by: Arthur Frayn How much to ruin all your holes, luv?
|

RayBanJockey
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 08:55:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Ranger 1 Teak 2, all the way.
This one wins hands down tbh 
--- RBJ |

Khorbaine
Amarr Amarr Labour Solutions
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 11:27:00 -
[58]
Im not sticking my wood in a Drake  I'd rather stick it in a ... ah well.
|

Kai Jyokoroi
The Collective Against ALL Authorities
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 11:41:00 -
[59]
God DAMN this thread delivers
9/10 ----------------------
GIEF MISSL |

Wet Ferret
|
Posted - 2008.08.27 13:19:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Boz Well This is the sappiest thread I've ever seen. The OP asked a simple question, and yet the replies have branched out in a dozen different directions. And your replies are terrible, I got so board reading them. They are absolutely terrible, what you've written is barely even ENGLISH! It's like something a dogwood write! I think you should all think about what you've done, and then come back and spruce up your posts a bit to better answer the OP's question.
9/10
Lux Exterior's setup gets a full 10 
But, yeah. These forums seriously need some indicator that the post has ended and the sig has started.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |