| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

vanBuskirk
|
Posted - 2004.06.09 22:37:00 -
[31]
Edited by: vanBuskirk on 09/06/2004 22:40:33
Originally by: Grayfang Actually, getting podded was an easy way to return home. 
Answer to your earlier question; simple. They are a bunch of psychopathic a$$holes with nothing better to do and no intelligence. I wonder sometimes why the developers bothered with 90% of the structure of EVE, when some people treat it as Counterstrike in space.
(Edited for spelling - unlike some griefers I can.) ---------------------------------------------- "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent". ---------------------------------------------- |

DarthSideous
|
Posted - 2004.06.09 23:02:00 -
[32]
hi greyfang :) lol carebears r funny
|

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.09 23:28:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Mongo Peck on 09/06/2004 23:30:20 VanBuskirk is that the best you can do. Understand the crime and do some time before you post "childish" comments.
Anyone apart from a complete idiot would not agree that "on a even footing" this game without pirates would be boaring.
Oh look Roid .......... suck !!!
Mongo speaks !!
|

Black Lotus
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 01:32:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Skelator
Originally by: Mongo Peck
Maybe once the "Bookmark" and "Security Status" issues are resolved then pirating will be "your money or your life" like the good old days in beta.
Or even Odd's with a seasoned fleet and then what woudl you do    
Are u serious? lol, we fight even numbers, and outnumbered all the time. Ask Everlasting Vendetta, Millenium or any Unicorn. We have had some great smack free fights with those guys, been lots of fun.
However we arnt gonna fight 4to1 odds. Thats just silly talk.
|

Liza
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 02:01:00 -
[35]
Originally by: KR SUN This ppl just waste their lives camping p3e all the time. So no1 who has any knowledge of the situation never goes p3e alone.
If this ppl were smart they would make a convoy runs from empire to deeper 0.0 through p3e. Lets say every 30 minutes their fleet goes 10 hops from empire to 0.0 then back, every1 can join them for 150k isk. There would be a lot of ppl paying them to get these 10 hops in a fleet, i tell ya. But no, they camp 24/7/365 at one place and no1 ever pays them a dime and they pod a noob once in a day - good use of half a dozen bs, i tell ya
But i guess it wont work out for them anyway, they wont stand an indy full of mega flying with them, if you know that i mean, so they will never get trust and ppl wont join their convoys = never pay them money.
Actually we have had people pay Some people dont want to lose millions of isk in implants. Better than wasting our lives away mining KTHXBYE
|

Mrmuttley
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 08:35:00 -
[36]
Sure you get some money from the few people who choose to go thru there with a head full of implants but don't try and pretend its for profit.
Its a case of simple things pleasing simple minds I guess. If there were any challenge in killing a light frigate or shuttle then I could see the attraction but as its no challenge at all i don't even see how the hell you could consider it fun.
I guess I have a low bordom threshold.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmmm I need a Sig |

Gariuys
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 09:10:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Mrmuttley Sure you get some money from the few people who choose to go thru there with a head full of implants but don't try and pretend its for profit.
Its a case of simple things pleasing simple minds I guess. If there were any challenge in killing a light frigate or shuttle then I could see the attraction but as its no challenge at all i don't even see how the hell you could consider it fun.
I guess I have a low bordom threshold.
It is about profit. ( and I'm not a pirate ) implants are rarer again and worth a fortune ( can replace 3 BSs vs 1 set of implants ) and pods don't shoot back.
And when blueprints or implants or other good loot/items/whatever needs transport what ship would you use? A lot of people choose a shuttle, newbie frigate etc. for that kind of thing. Ask some rich pirates which kill got them their iskies. Might change your mind then.
And you're right it's not the most fun thing you can be doing in EVE or as a pirate. Trouble with that statement is that that means you think it's not about fun or profit so all pirates are evil griefers. That idea might work for you but it's quite far from the truth. ~{When evil and strange get together anything is possible}~ A tool is only useless when you don't know how to use it. - ActiveX The grass is always greener on the other side. - JoCool |

Mrmuttley
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 12:22:00 -
[38]
Its not that i think all pirates are evil greifers despite being shot down by them a couple of times. I have mined in 0.0 in a punisher with 2 MWD fitted and never been killed once in that set up. 5000 m/s before i hit the gate and pirates dont really stand a chance
I did get killed in a noob ship in an alt that I used to scout out before I went in in the Punisher and I also got podded when i lost my punisher to NPC rats (warped in to the middle of 6 Guristas in Moas) but on boh occasions no demand for money was made. The first thing i knew was the weapon lock and my ship/pod disintegrating.
Its more a case of no-one ever managed to persuade me that sitting at a gate ganking noob ships as easily as I kill 2k rats when mining in empire space is fun. If i thought it would be fun i would do it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hmmm I need a Sig |

Black Lotus
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 12:59:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Mrmuttley Its not that i think all pirates are evil greifers despite being shot down by them a couple of times. I have mined in 0.0 in a punisher with 2 MWD fitted and never been killed once in that set up. 5000 m/s before i hit the gate and pirates dont really stand a chance
I did get killed in a noob ship in an alt that I used to scout out before I went in in the Punisher and I also got podded when i lost my punisher to NPC rats (warped in to the middle of 6 Guristas in Moas) but on boh occasions no demand for money was made. The first thing i knew was the weapon lock and my ship/pod disintegrating.
Its more a case of no-one ever managed to persuade me that sitting at a gate ganking noob ships as easily as I kill 2k rats when mining in empire space is fun. If i thought it would be fun i would do it.
What in the world makes u think we only get noob ships\shuttles come through? we get tons of battleships, and we get tons of fair\outnumbered fights. Anyways, go back to mining pls, as that is teh fun.
|

Grey Area
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 13:27:00 -
[40]
Someone mentioned fitting a cargo scanner to "assist" in pirating...as far as I can see at the moment it's not really an option. You need to lock the target, then the scanner takes a while to operate...by which time the target (if it has any brains) is half way across the system.
I've said it before - make cargo scanners work instantaneously and not require a target lock. That would stop both:
1. The pirate lament of "Everybody carries BS BP0's in Ibises"
2. People being tempted to carry BS BP0's in Ibises 
Give the pirates a chance to operate honourably, and then at least we can identify the psycho's who still kill everything that moves.
BTW, if this doesn't change Mongo's modus operandi one bit, I have no problem with that. I just want to know who's genuinely trying to be a pirate and who is just a podfest addict. Respect to Mongo for admitting he's in the latter category. It's the psychos who use EVE's poor mechanics as a cover for their activities that annoy me.
Go Pirates! Go Carebears! Go Psychos! But at least have the guts to declare your position truthfully. ========================================= * I'm ALLOWED to cheat. I'm a STARSHIP. * ========================================= |

Grayfang
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 14:57:00 -
[41]
Originally by: DarthSideous hi greyfang :) lol carebears r funny
Hello.
Next time we meet don't expect me to be flying a probe with Miners in the high slots. 
************************************************** Now some n00b pirate just just said cargo scanners won't work when youre pirating. And the only reason they wouldn't is because all pirates have itchy trigger fingers.
When I flew my Ilbis into your blockade, you had a mobile warp disruptor, warp scramblers on your ships, and I'm sure you had web's too. I was dead beofre getting within 14 km of the gate. Locking down/scrambling/webbing an Ilbis or shuttle aint hard mate, So I don't buy your story. 
 Don't mind me I'm just making suasages! |

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 15:48:00 -
[42]
I think the point "some" people are trying to make is that "the lone pirate" normally doesn't have the luxury of Mobile Warp Scramblers and Cargo Scanners. Without these and the "common" use of Inst Jumps make "real pirating difficult".
Larger groups can still and do pirate professionally but personally I don't need an extra 100 mil in the bank and prefer to play "this is my turf, kill or be killed".
Call it the Bronx attitude ........ its not $1 and you can pass ...... more like WTF you doin here dead meat 
It's all down to what gets your rocks off ...
Mongo speaks !!
|

Nitalya
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 20:43:00 -
[43]
im sorry BL i shouldnt be flameing you... i should be thanking you.. you lack of leaderships skills has set me up with a successfull corp of great pilots and fighters. im sure all will be fine when you and you wife get bored and bounce on your corp like you did last time... wonder who will be there to clean up the mess you made of the corp this time now swanger is with me. HAHA
|

Block Latus
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 22:15:00 -
[44]
Leave him alone!! He's my idol... I just hope that one day I can screw all my friends just like the great leader Black Lotus!!
...he's so cool 
|

Lamb Chop
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 23:32:00 -
[45]
I can respect the real pirates just not the chicken $hit that only attacks haulers and runs away/logs off when they see something packing a punch. I am sure we have met with some of the alts here.
Quite frankly on and around P3 i haven't seen any real pirates just some 15 year olds that have nothing better to do than killing ships in this game. I don't blame them either, i just pitty them since this is probably the only way they can feel superior to others or even adequate. 
I got podded there b4 after losing my moa, I lost ships as well but this is just a game at the end of the day, and when i look at the score and corpses in my hangar, i am very content.
Some of you think instas should be removed, fine by me, than prevent scouts at the other side and ships hiding behind gates too, even out the playfield a bit. If he is a pirate i don't wanna bother about who, where or why. I just wanna pod him like he does to my corps haulers, and noobs.
Call it smack, call it flame or troll. Just me and my 2 Cents...
Oh and, this is not an alt, so feel free to add me to your PoS you lovely chicken droppings.
PS. Grey Area, i am reading excession again atm. [DVRN] Co-CEO Lamb Chop
|

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.10 23:47:00 -
[46]
Lamb Chop your conversation so well until it fell into a whinning "I lost my moa all pirates are chicken ****" trash ..
There are people who pirate in this game I think Everlasting Vendetta and Millenium will agree that players like "Benji" who fly around in Interceptors with light missiles trying to play the pirate life are in the spirit of the game ...
The true facts are (in my view) is that it is far easier to destroy a ship than to ransom one ...
Mongo speaks !!
|

Lims Kragma
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 00:20:00 -
[47]
Pirating in P3 is merely a teambuilding exercise & accomplishes some training for the initiates. 
Dammit i forgot the marshmallows again 
2004.09.07 00:12:19combatYour True Sansha Tachyon Beam Laser perfectly strikes Medium Secure Container [MASS], wrecking for 1685.3 damage. Your True Sansha Tachyon Beam Laser perfectly strikes Medium Secure Container [MASS], wrecking for 1685.3 damage. |

Lamb Chop
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 06:47:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Mongo Peck Lamb Chop your conversation so well until it fell into a whinning "I lost my moa all pirates are chicken ****" trash ..
There are people who pirate in this game I think Everlasting Vendetta and Millenium will agree that players like "Benji" who fly around in Interceptors with light missiles trying to play the pirate life are in the spirit of the game ...
The true facts are (in my view) is that it is far easier to destroy a ship than to ransom one ...
Mongo, read carefully mate, do not reply in context, i wasn't whining at all. I got podded so what, i even lost 5 implants when it happened so what. This is a game. You don't see me posting "CCP pls do something, i pay money etc..."
I arm my ship, go out there and try to do something myself.
Oh and Lims, how come you guys never stick around when a blop approaches? All mighty and brave in your scorp when indies or lone ships arrive... but totally left the building whenever we come for you....
Hence the source of my nickname for campers in or around P3. :) Now they are gonna postwell but we fought so many ships that day, we were outnumbered etc. BS! only time you fight something close to your firepower is when you are trapped/ambushed and you can't get away.
I personally never saw you log off but your mates sure love to inorder to avoid destruction. [DVRN] Co-CEO Lamb Chop
|

Myal Terego
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 07:20:00 -
[49]
First of all, i dont know theese guys myself. Im not defending their actions since i dont know the facts. But heres something that i find amusing.
Originally by: Lamb Chop only time you fight something close to your firepower is when you are trapped/ambushed and you can't get away.
You think they would hang around to die to a bigger force. That makes no sence, you will have to do the whole job, making it impossible to escape, like we do. We dont expect ppl to hang around and die, we force them. Cheers!
[center] http://213.142.66.138/~nervar/myalb.jpg |

Liza
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 07:48:00 -
[50]
irratated a litte Nit? Its ok go mine some veld that will make u feel better We are having fun so u should try playing the game instead of obsessing with us.
Thank god swanger isnt here to save us, he turned the corp into a carebear empire mining corp while we were gone....
hope to see ya soon!
|

Talon SilverHawk
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 09:29:00 -
[51]
Would be nice if peeps stuck around for equal fights as well 
Tal
What goes around comes around...
|

Zhuge Liang
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 10:16:00 -
[52]
Keep it friendly please 
ZhuuÀ gheyÀleeÀyan (Kongming) |

Kyogen Steiner
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 10:58:00 -
[53]
Edited by: Kyogen Steiner on 11/06/2004 11:32:21
Originally by: Liza irratated a litte Nit? Its ok go mine some veld that will make u feel better We are having fun so u should try playing the game instead of obsessing with us.
Thank god swanger isnt here to save us, he turned the corp into a carebear empire mining corp while we were gone....
hope to see ya soon!
Ok, Now your contradicting yourself darling, Swanger did a great job with the corp and had alot of good ideas. You said so yourselves remember?
Or have forgotten Black Lotus¦s post about "What a great job Swanger has done with BLI" and "What a great friend swanger is" when you returned from the "vacation"
ah well the memory is a bit selective at times..... 
Back to the original topic.... 10mil for a corpse? 
------------------------------------------------
We are the bringers of hatred! |

Black Lotus
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 15:50:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Kyogen Steiner Edited by: Kyogen Steiner on 11/06/2004 11:32:21
Originally by: Liza irratated a litte Nit? Its ok go mine some veld that will make u feel better We are having fun so u should try playing the game instead of obsessing with us.
Thank god swanger isnt here to save us, he turned the corp into a carebear empire mining corp while we were gone....
hope to see ya soon!
Ok, Now your contradicting yourself darling, Swanger did a great job with the corp and had alot of good ideas. You said so yourselves remember?
Or have forgotten Black Lotus¦s post about "What a great job Swanger has done with BLI" and "What a great friend swanger is" when you returned from the "vacation"
ah well the memory is a bit selective at times..... 
Back to the original topic.... 10mil for a corpse? 
Um yeah kyogen, so u know i was only being nice to swanger. I couldnt understand why there wasnt 1 new major bp to be accounted for. everyone was mining in empire (cause swanger and everyone was afraid of npc bs... rofl).
Once i returned i had everyone moved back out to .0 where the fun is.
Anyways we cut our ties with u guys, dunno why u are so sore about it, nitalya and the rest of u guys need to give it up already.
|

Nafri
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 15:54:00 -
[55]
gate camping is boring mkay? so many people kill everything thy can, even shuttles, mkay? Wanna fly with me?
|

Kyogen Steiner
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 16:45:00 -
[56]
Edited by: Kyogen Steiner on 11/06/2004 17:00:49
Quote:
Um yeah kyogen, so u know i was only being nice to swanger. I couldnt understand why there wasnt 1 new major bp to be accounted for. everyone was mining in empire (cause swanger and everyone was afraid of npc bs... rofl).
ok 2 points, 1st, thats just plain false. I mean come on, you guys where friends and he stood up for you. Still you smacktalk him. 
Second, Swanger was training alot of new players, therefor going to 0.0 with them wasnt a very good idea. However, when there was a fight, the senior staff was there. So your statement is a bit of, since you wherent there at the time remember? 
Quote:
Once i returned i had everyone moved back out to .0 where the fun is.
This is true, but a large portion of the corp wasnt ready for it and was left in empire without leadership.
Quote: Anyways we cut our ties with u guys, dunno why u are so sore about it, nitalya and the rest of u guys need to give it up already.
Well to be honest, i really dont care. Why we are sore about it? Well, you told BLI¦s allies to "go f**k themselves" called everyone in LPA(BLI¦s sister corp) traitors and threatend to got to war with them. Then when a handfull of people acutally stayed with you, you bail on them to show your apriciation. Basicly, you pi*sed on all the people that would have backed you up. The "cut our ties with" part is a bit dodgy, and its quite amusing that you use that word. 
However, there was alot of good in it to, it showed many of us the true you, and also alot of people that called you friend could see the true you. 
What came out of it was far greater and seeing all the good players now gathered in INFOD fighting together.
So in a way thx, even though you pi*sed on your old friends, they came out stronger than ever, so even your try to destroy BLI and its members failed, misserably. 
As i said, i dont care personally or whatever you sait to my corp, its old history. But when you pi*s on people that call you friend it does dissapoint me. ------------------------------------------------
We are the bringers of hatred! |

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 18:15:00 -
[57]
I was thinking about writing a comment about Black Lotus here, but considering how things immediately got out of hand when I had a discussion with him on the BLI forum I think I'll keep it to a minimum to be able to keep this thread open (we don't want the mods to work overtime do we?).
I'll just say that nobody has made me as mad as Black Lotus. Ever.
|

Scorpyn
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 18:21:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Kyogen Steiner
Back to the original topic.... 10mil for a corpse? 

Make it 1M and ppl might buy it...
|

Black Lotus
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 20:06:00 -
[59]
Edited by: Black Lotus on 11/06/2004 20:48:38 Edited by: Black Lotus on 11/06/2004 20:08:28 Kyogen- wtf are u talking about? i didnt ditch any members lol, all my friends are in DVN with me. U guys can smack me all u want my members like me and know im a good guy. Also no swanger didnt back me, swanger screwed me. but thats ok. If u guys have any questions about my leadership in my corp. Contact any member. Mursilis and Whatcha want would be great choices as well. If u still have issues,which apprently u guys do, convo me ingame. Be adults, and quit crying like little kids on the forum. (that more goes for nit, since u just jumped on the band wagon.)
Scorpyn, we arnt in the corpse selling bussiness, this guy just happened to want his corpse back. so no, 10mill for corpse. we dont need money that bad to have to settle for 1mill. lol. if they dont want it thats cool, i like my corpses.
|

Black Lotus
|
Posted - 2004.06.11 20:31:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Kyogen Steiner
So in a way thx, even though you pi*sed on your old friends, they came out stronger than ever, so even your try to destroy BLI and its members failed, misserably. 
Thats great, im glad u guys are doing good, so relax and have some fun. :)
FYI - i was ****ed on, also only what? 4 members left? and why? because i was gone and they were people swanger recruited. EVERYONE i recruited is still here bro. Honestly i still think u guys dont have a clue what happened. but thats ok.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |