| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Diee
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 14:30:00 -
[1]
Some pirates were camping in the vale of the silent, and I warped in and they destroyed my shuttle. Then they gave the ultimadum "You have 20 seconds to agree to give us 20 mil isk or you will be destroyed. And another 10 seconds after that to transfer money". I flew through in a shuttle ship, and I wonder if anyone can explain why these idots thought I felt my corpse was worth 20 million?
The irony of the situation is I was trying to make it to my destination in a quick ship, and my clone was sitting 14 jumps down the road, so all in all, I lost 9 thousand isk from the shuttle, and gained 14 jumps worth of time. I guess I should thank 'em  ----------
World of Warcraft did what Evolution couldn't |

Haitchi Allamut
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 14:34:00 -
[2]
One word. Implants. If you got a full set of implants its worth it ISK wise.
|

Sally
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 14:39:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Diee Some pirates were camping in the vale of the silent, and I warped in and they destroyed my shuttle. Then they gave the ultimadum "You have 20 seconds to agree to give us 20 mil isk or you will be destroyed. And another 10 seconds after that to transfer money". I flew through in a shuttle ship, and I wonder if anyone can explain why these idots thought I felt my corpse was worth 20 million?
The irony of the situation is I was trying to make it to my destination in a quick ship, and my clone was sitting 14 jumps down the road, so all in all, I lost 9 thousand isk from the shuttle, and gained 14 jumps worth of time. I guess I should thank 'em 
The answer is: The people roaming there aren't the brightest and they are greedy. -- Stories: #1 --
|

Haitchi Allamut
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 14:46:00 -
[4]
Well, that to 
|

Grayfang
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 15:13:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Grayfang on 07/06/2004 15:21:25 Lemme guess: They were camping the P3 system right? They took out my probe. Although i got past the blockade, I found myself in 0.0 space with a basic miner/no money/no access to ships/ no way to get home. So I made a sucide run back, and got podded. 
It was my first time, too.
What would possess them to ***** open an Ibis with nothing in it, and kill a player w/ no implants, baffles me.
Here are some chatlogs:
After my probe was destroyed: ------------------------------------------------------------
Channelname: DarthSideous conversation Listener: Grayfang Session started: 2004.06.06 04:10:58
------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2004.06.06 04:11:11 ] DarthSideous > lo there [ 2004.06.06 04:11:16 ] Grayfang > wats the big idea? [ 2004.06.06 04:11:22 ] Grayfang > =| [ 2004.06.06 04:11:28 ] DarthSideous > im a pirate and ur the prey [ 2004.06.06 04:11:40 ] Grayfang > ok thats cool =)) [ 2004.06.06 04:12:04 ] Grayfang > i onyl lose a ship worth 50k =P [ 2004.06.06 04:12:30 ] DarthSideous > good day to u then [ 2004.06.06 04:12:50 ] Grayfang > good bye -- ill meet you again =) [ 2004.06.06 04:13:40 ] DarthSideous > i hope so :) [ 2004.06.06 04:13:57 ] Grayfang > yeah too bad you coudlnt catch my pod =P
After I go podded on my way back: ------------------------------------------------------------
Channelname: Black Lotus conversation Listener: Grayfang Session started: 2004.06.06 06:10:37
------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2004.06.06 06:11:16 ] Black Lotus > sorry was afk [ 2004.06.06 06:11:33 ] Grayfang > may i buy back that corpse for 100k? [ 2004.06.06 06:11:48 ] Black Lotus > no [ 2004.06.06 06:11:52 ] Black Lotus > 100k is not enough [ 2004.06.06 06:11:57 ] Black Lotus > 10million, minimum [ 2004.06.06 06:12:05 ] Grayfang > lol [ 2004.06.06 06:12:35 ] Grayfang > common mate if i didnt pay 1million to pass what odds do i have of 10million in my pocket? [ 2004.06.06 06:12:55 ] Black Lotus > i dont know, lots of people try to scam us man [ 2004.06.06 06:13:24 ] Grayfang > scam you for a corpse? [ 2004.06.06 06:14:03 ] Black Lotus > scam us for the ammount of money they have... duh [ 2004.06.06 06:14:53 ] Grayfang > well--- i didnt have 1 million--- i have 201,567 isk -- [ 2004.06.06 06:15:18 ] Grayfang > now either i can pay some of that [ 2004.06.06 06:15:32 ] Grayfang > or you wont get anything [ 2004.06.06 06:15:41 ] Grayfang > cause i dont have more [ 2004.06.06 06:15:46 ] Black Lotus > ok, look man, we have billions. corpses are 10mill, or nuthing. not to be rude, but thats fact [ 2004.06.06 06:17:00 ] Grayfang > ok well enjoy cuddling with it then, i will get one of your corp' mates corpse someday and maybe we can trade [ 2004.06.06 06:17:20 ] Grayfang > until then i bid you happy hunting
Corporation chat: (edited content) ------------------------------------------------------------
Channelname: Corp Listener: Grayfang Session started: 2004.06.06 04:02:11
------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2004.06.06 04:02:16 ] Grayfang > hi all [ 2004.06.06 04:02:48 ] TheSolider > hello gray [ 2004.06.06 04:14:18 ] Grayfang > hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone took my ship out!!! [ 2004.06.06 04:15:33 ] Grayfang > i got pirated [ 2004.06.06 04:16:59 ] TheForSakenSoul > lol [ 2004.06.06 04:17:31 ] Grayfang > dumbass pirated my probe----that SOOOO hurts [ 2004.06.06 04:23:19 ] TheSolider > brb [ 2004.06.06 04:43:17 ] Grayfang > once i get into a noob ship what should i do? i want to get back into empire space [ 2004.06.06 04:45:54 ] TheSolider > did he pod kill you? [ 2004.06.06 04:46:51 ] Grayfang > nope i jumped when he locked my pod [ 2004.06.06 04:46:55 ] Grayfang > =P [ 2004.06.06 04:50:44 ] TheForSakenSoul > lol, try to head back once the gates are camped [ 2004.06.06 04:51:06 ] Grayfang > y? to kill myslef? [ 2004.06.06 04:51:43 ] TheForSakenSoul > i mean not camped
 Don't mind me I'm just making suasages! |

Grayfang
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 15:17:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Grayfang on 07/06/2004 15:29:15 Continued corp chat:
[ 2004.06.06 05:28:59 ] Grayfang > should i try to get back through the camped system guys or what? i got nothing to do out here [ 2004.06.06 05:29:44 ] TheSolider > hmm well if you die [ 2004.06.06 05:29:53 ] TheSolider > you spawn were ever yoru clone is [ 2004.06.06 05:30:02 ] Grayfang > thats inaya [ 2004.06.06 05:30:08 ] Grayfang > i think =[ 2004.06.06 05:30:17 ] TheSolider > well it will cover your pints right? [ 2004.06.06 05:30:29 ] Grayfang > yes [ 2004.06.06 05:31:45 ] TheSolider > then try and make it thru gates if you die what will you lose [ 2004.06.06 05:31:57 ] Grayfang > ill do! [ 2004.06.06 05:31:59 ] Grayfang > it! [ 2004.06.06 05:32:20 ] TheSolider > good man, good luck [ 2004.06.06 05:32:23 ] Grayfang > *does his death wish jig* [ 2004.06.06 05:32:26 ] Grayfang > thanx [ 2004.06.06 05:34:54 ] Grayfang > i jst dont like the idea of someone fingering my corpse [ 2004.06.06 05:35:11 ] mr chong > lol [ 2004.06.06 05:35:31 ] Grayfang > who knows if it will remain in a clean, virginal condition? [ 2004.06.06 05:36:48 ] mr chong > good point , but alas ease ur fears in the knowledge that ur clone with be tight as a ducks ass and v clean [ 2004.06.06 05:37:16 ] Grayfang > hmm im comforted [ 2004.06.06 05:37:28 ] TheSolider > =| [ 2004.06.06 05:38:42 ] Grayfang > one day ill find that darth guy and pod him and hang his corpse outside the faactory window] [ 2004.06.06 05:38:58 ] Grayfang > then ill feel better [ 2004.06.06 05:40:03 ] Grayfang > he already has a personal standing of -10 w/ me [ 2004.06.06 05:40:17 ] TheForSakenSoul > k [ 2004.06.06 05:50:29 ] mr chong > im off , l8r gents [ 2004.06.06 05:50:39 ] Grayfang > nn [ 2004.06.06 05:52:03 ] TheForSakenSoul > night chong [ 2004.06.06 05:59:26 ] TheForSakenSoul > did yeah make it thru gray? [ 2004.06.06 06:00:23 ] Grayfang > no [ 2004.06.06 06:00:34 ] Grayfang > they want e to pay 1 million to pass [ 2004.06.06 06:00:38 ] Grayfang > me* [ 2004.06.06 06:01:11 ] TheForSakenSoul > so they kileld you? [ 2004.06.06 06:01:19 ] Grayfang > no [ 2004.06.06 06:01:30 ] Grayfang > they tlak in local [ 2004.06.06 06:01:30 ] TheForSakenSoul > you ran off lol? [ 2004.06.06 06:01:35 ] Grayfang > talk [ 2004.06.06 06:01:49 ] Grayfang > i jabber w. them [ 2004.06.06 06:03:12 ] TheForSakenSoul > stay on long enough and they log befor you [ 2004.06.06 06:03:32 ] Grayfang > yeah --but more keep comign on [ 2004.06.06 06:06:01 ] TheSolider > welp... [ 2004.06.06 06:06:06 ] TheSolider > your f****** then [ 2004.06.06 06:07:37 ] Grayfang > lol [ 2004.06.06 06:08:24 ] TheSolider > =p [ 2004.06.06 06:08:33 ] TheSolider > sorry dude just trying to be honest [ 2004.06.06 06:08:36 ] TheSolider > lol [ 2004.06.06 06:10:16 ] Grayfang > hi didlly ho! [ 2004.06.06 06:10:28 ] Grayfang > the new improved grayfang is here? [ 2004.06.06 06:12:09 ] TheForSakenSoul > lol [ 2004.06.06 06:14:16 ] TheForSakenSoul > tell me when you die [ 2004.06.06 06:17:37 ] Grayfang > already did [ 2004.06.06 06:20:40 ] Grayfang > i asked about rebuying my corpse--- the guy said for 10 million [ 2004.06.06 06:20:55 ] Grayfang > i told him to enjoy cuddling with it [ 2004.06.06 06:21:33 ] TheSolider > lmfao
I've told my story in corp chat several times now, I'm driving my corpm8's crazy 
 Don't mind me I'm just making suasages! |

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 16:56:00 -
[7]
I here Violins .....
If your asking "why" we ransom shuttles or if your in P3 and are unable to defend yourself then you shouldn't be in 0.0 space.
I don't care if it's a capsule, frigate, cruiser or battleship .... I want your corpse ..... simple 
Mongo speaks !!
|

AwiL
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 17:02:00 -
[8]
haha, gg bio-c
"We gon' bring it to anyone that wants it...You want it? You gon' get it..." |

Grayfang
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 18:05:00 -
[9]
Actually, getting podded was an easy way to return home. 
 Don't mind me I'm just making suasages! |

KR SUN
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 22:56:00 -
[10]
This ppl just waste their lives camping p3e all the time. So no1 who has any knowledge of the situation never goes p3e alone.
If this ppl were smart they would make a convoy runs from empire to deeper 0.0 through p3e. Lets say every 30 minutes their fleet goes 10 hops from empire to 0.0 then back, every1 can join them for 150k isk. There would be a lot of ppl paying them to get these 10 hops in a fleet, i tell ya. But no, they camp 24/7/365 at one place and no1 ever pays them a dime and they pod a noob once in a day - good use of half a dozen bs, i tell ya
But i guess it wont work out for them anyway, they wont stand an indy full of mega flying with them, if you know that i mean, so they will never get trust and ppl wont join their convoys = never pay them money.
|

Alastra
|
Posted - 2004.06.07 23:14:00 -
[11]
20M is fair price if you have an implants set. There are pirates who are rude and pod without asking. I am waiting for Shiva to negociate an assassination contract on some heads. Nuponi Nimedaz: "You're a pilot after my own heart, Alastra." |

Killer Gandry
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 00:16:00 -
[12]
Ah well if i get podded I get podded, but I am not paying a dime to any pirate out there. And I am not going to buy back my Corps if I get podkilled. I rather loose a fully equiped BS and a full set of implants then to finance those pirates. If I die I die, I dont give a rats ass about it, but I will try to take someone along on the way to Hell. Better to try and fail, then to fail due to not trying |

MooKids
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 01:18:00 -
[13]
It is because sometimes those little shuttles or newbie ships could be hauling Battleship BPOs. You can't be too sure. -------------------------------- CCP can patch away bugs, but they can't patch away stupidity. |

Grayfang
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 02:12:00 -
[14]
Originally by: MooKids It is because sometimes those little shuttles or newbie ships could be hauling Battleship BPOs. You can't be too sure.
Use a cargo scanner then. 
 Don't mind me I'm just making suasages! |

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 02:34:00 -
[15]
Remove Insta Jumps and we will 
Mongo speaks !!
|

Algazara
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 03:41:00 -
[16]
If ur in a frig,shuttle,indy or a cruiser we shoot you down and ransom your pod for 20 mils. If your in a battleship and u ask not to be shot down..aka scream in local then we can work something out.
Its simply buisness.
|

Chaz Pounder
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 04:23:00 -
[17]
thats how it is .. if your in a BS and wont/cant pay the ransome we still gone ask for 20mil isk not to pod ya .. and this time you cant really say that u dont have the isk .. you just got 40% basic insurance so if you got all inplants you gota pay to keep em, evil
hint -The "evil doers" is under threat of extermination in EVE- Call international HOT-LINE 555-ccpdontreallycareaslongasthaygettheremonthlypayche |

Zarquon Beeblebrox
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 04:58:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Chaz Pounder thats how it is .. if your in a BS and wont/cant pay the ransome we still gone ask for 20mil isk not to pod ya .. and this time you cant really say that u dont have the isk .. you just got 40% basic insurance so if you got all inplants you gota pay to keep em, evil
LOL iv never seen it like that. Thanks for the enlightment. This will be used agains a newrich soon.
-- Lady Beeblebrox
Teddybears movies
|

Alastra
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 08:36:00 -
[19]
It would be more profitable for you if you equip a cargo scanner and ask for 50% of the contents.
This way more miners would go in 0.0 and you will make awesome money. Because the miner hasn't be podded, lost half the cargo only so comes back and pay again the same day, and the day after and so on.
After a while they would hire mercenaries to get rid of you but then you would get Pvp.
I know it is easier to blast a ship and loot the modules but if you work out something with your "customers" you can have both sides make great profits. Nuponi Nimedaz: "You're a pilot after my own heart, Alastra." |

Del Narveux
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 09:58:00 -
[20]
Lol, yeah but as someone else mentioned most pirates are pretty dumb.
BTW why the hell would someone want lots of corpses?!? _________________ [SAK] And Proud Of It! aka Cpt Bogus Is that my torped sig cloaking your base? |

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 11:35:00 -
[21]
Alastra, Del Narveux I suggest you learn how to pirate before you offer silly suggestions...
I'll take it your new to this game
Basically Biomass don't pirate because we need the isk (far from it) we pirate to have fun. And if that involves trying to kill, kick or be kicked by everyone in a system then thats what we do.
Edited -Zhuge Liang Mongo speaks !!
|

GoGo Yubari
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 11:59:00 -
[22]
Edited by: GoGo Yubari on 08/06/2004 12:01:22 I can understand the complaints we pirates get, since every time we gank your ship as it passes our blockade or you're found at a belt it's a bit more personal to you. We just invaded your sense of security and freedom of movement.
Understand that for us pirates you're just another passer-by, just another customer/victim in a long line of others. Any of the marks could be carrying something of value, most probably they're not, but we gank 'em till they ain't coming any more, we have to relocate or we score big time.
Sometimes feel like a job, doesn't it? 
|

Alastra
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 12:12:00 -
[23]
I don't see how it can be fun killing someone in a shuttle, but if you tell me it makes you laugh I believe you.
About the just another customer, it is simple. When assassination contracts are out if we don't work out something together when I meet you I will have you executed. So either you will take my money or have your ennemies take it.
I have enough cash to invest on a few deathes and I can find it fun, just like you find fun podding travellers in shuttles. Nuponi Nimedaz: "You're a pilot after my own heart, Alastra." |

Wicked Warrior
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 12:23:00 -
[24]
Your hard wish to keep your clone is admirable, but as more you want to keep it (and your ship) as more fun it is to take it from you But if you want to pay, then we replace the pleasure to give you a new clone against isk. That is more of a honorable act than fun or rewarding. Always trust a Pirate!
------------------------------------------ When you get close enough to read this line, you are low...
Choose your meaning of low a) passing below the normal level base of measurement b) marking a nadir or bottom <the low point of his career> c) DEAD -- used as a predicate adjective d) socially humble in character or status e) of lesser degree f) of lesser position, rank, or order g) falling short of some standard (mine) h) not advanced in complexity, development, or elaboration |

Alastra
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 12:26:00 -
[25]
This clone has less than 10K sp I couldn't care less about losing it. It is more about the cargo, if you see what I mean... |

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 14:34:00 -
[26]
Well if you knew anything about pirating and pirate corps like Biomass then saying "we only shoot" at shuttles is rather laughable ..... the point you fail to understand is "we shoot at everything" .. we just want to kill.
I blame CCP really .... the squish noise of a exploding pod is to tempting. I'm sure is CCP changed it to a bell you would cut down half the poddings.
Maybe once the "Bookmark" and "Security Status" issues are resolved then pirating will be "your money or your life" like the good old days in beta.
Mongo speaks !!
|

Demogorgon
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 14:51:00 -
[27]
Dont worry, that whole area will be pirate free before you know it. 
|

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 15:20:00 -
[28]
Urm heard that one before  Mongo speaks !!
|

Isiana
|
Posted - 2004.06.08 18:50:00 -
[29]

i live for the boom, its the only good thing in eve to do, kill stuff, i mean stuff only exsist for 1 thing, to be blown up 
Carebear|Me Alts |

Skelator
|
Posted - 2004.06.09 04:08:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Mongo Peck
Maybe once the "Bookmark" and "Security Status" issues are resolved then pirating will be "your money or your life" like the good old days in beta.
Or even Odd's with a seasoned fleet and then what woudl you do    
They have us Surrounded again.. the Poor Bastards |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |