
Gamesguy
Amarr Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.09.07 11:23:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Gamesguy on 07/09/2008 11:24:09
Originally by: Merdaneth
Originally by: Terianna Eri
They don't warp off?
Some do. But then again, some jump through gates or dock as soon as you attack them. Once they engage you employ one of several tactics to get them not to warp off.
1. False assumptions. Pilots often assume you have a point on them rather than a web and thus don't try to warp. This is especially true of experienced pilots. New pilots often try to warp instinctively when going down, older pilots tend to stay in the fight. Inty pilots first instinct is to overload MWD and speed off when taking lots of damage rather than warp. Sadly for them, when webbed, this usually doesn't work.
2. Faking damage When taking on larger ships, it becomes important to fake that you are going down to get them to stay. When taking down Stabbers, Caracals and the like, I often don't or sparingly use the repper until I'm at half structure. They stay because they have the hope of just getting that last shot of and finishing me. Don't estimate the power of an overloaded small repper. But against some smaller ships I use it as well, manage your damage so that you appear to be going down, and then go full out with the repairer near the end of the battle.
3. Overwhelming damage 170 dps is nothing to sneeze at. Some ships try to align, but aligning while webbed is slow, and they simply have made the decision to get out too late. Crow's chasing me and warping in at 0km are a special favorite. They die in less than 10 seconds.
4. Close fights Sometimes it isn't easy to tell when you are going to lose unless it is too late. I'm taking down many blaster Taranises, but those fights usually end with me in structure. By the time the Taranis pilot realizes the outcome of the fight might end with him dying, its usually much too late. I'm happy to say that in the past three months I took down about 20 Taranises solo without a single Crusader loss.
5. Disbelief Stealth Bombers are a popular category for this. They are used to one-volleying a Crusader that sit still in space. This setup can take about three cruise missile volleys before going down, which usually means a dead Stealth Bomber. I've never ever seen a Bomber try to warp after engaging.
And then you ran into a ranis.
Or a crow really, I doubt you can tank the 50 or so dps from a light missile crow. Any t1 cruiser with a web should vaporize you as well. Even with ab active you wont have much transversal with a 90% web slapped on you.
|