| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Brando Voogo
|
Posted - 2008.09.16 02:35:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Brando Voogo on 16/09/2008 02:36:29 Edited by: Brando Voogo on 16/09/2008 02:35:37 Edited by: Brando Voogo on 16/09/2008 02:35:11 Hey people,
I just returned to the game after some time and I have already a Character with about 7.5M SP (Caldari) but I want to try out something new. So I made a new Amarr Character and just tried to get back into the game and made all the tutorials and stuff.
I'm headed in normal progress (I guess) for Amarr BC and BS so I can fly good missions, Gunnery of course and all the Engineering / Mechanic stuff to fit the Ship right.
Now my question is:
I have the following attributes and I'm not quite sure if I should recreate the character as I got some high values in there (and some lows therefore too).
Charisma 5 Intelligence 10 Perception 11 Memory 9 Willpower 16
I got all the "non expensive" Learning Skills on Lv2 and Learning itself on Lv4 at the moment.
Would be very thankful for any advice if this is a moderate way to start off as Amarr or if I should recreate the Character.
Thanks in advance.
(Sorry for the edits :P)
|

hakojako
Caldari Legion of Men
|
Posted - 2008.09.16 04:37:00 -
[2]
you should be fine if you get those learning skills up and maybe +3 or +4 implants also get the advanced learning skills to IV, to V might not be worth the 14+ days to V.. but with those attributes. your going to get ship skills and the weapon skills you chose quicker then some other things. good luck with the skill
PS:it will be worth it to get the basic learning skills to V but get the book learning to V since it makes every other book 2% quicker. also use EVEMON you can put it and change your attributes to test and experiment what different attributes will do to your skill time. extremely useful..!!
http://evemon.battleclinic.com/ ---Asus M2N SLI Deluxe wireles edition.- XFX 8800GT 512MB DDR3 - 6GB G.Skill - AMD 6400+ am2 @3.2 with a zalman cooler--- |

Arkadrell
|
Posted - 2008.09.16 06:59:00 -
[3]
Edited by: Arkadrell on 16/09/2008 07:06:24 with only 820,000 SP you should restart your character. Why? because willpower is only half as good as perception unless you plan on flying T2 ships alot (even then its not that important).
generally attributies to dump on, are normally willpower/chrisma.
7per 8int 7mem = slightly below avg, even most gallente characters get above this. 3chr = good, this is like a caldari, if you dont want leadership skills this is a good idea.
14willpower = overkill and since its almost never a primary for anything its not worth it takeing it this high.
your characters bases: 7per 8int 7mem 14willpower 3chr
recammended Mission runners with ballanced mix: Amarr/Ni-Kunni/Border runners w/ +1per +2mem +2int = base; 11per 8int 8mem 8chr 4will Gallente/gallente/miners w/ +3per +2int = base; 11per 8int 8mem 8chr 4will Amarr/Khanid/cyberknight/ w/ +3mem +2int = base; 11per 8int 7mem 5chr 8will Gallente/jin-mei/Jing ko castle /w +3per +2int = base; 13per 7int 5mem 7chr 7will Minmatar/Vherokior/Drifters w/ +3per +1mem +1will = base; 9per 9int 9mem 8chr 4will Minmatar/brutor/workers w/ +3int +2per = base; 11per 7int 8mem 6chr 7will caldari/deteis/scientist w/ +3per +2mem = 9per 10int 9mem 6chr 5will
my fav; (bet most people wish they had these base attributies) Caldari/achura/stargazer w/ +2per +2int +1mem = base; 10per 10int 10mem 6will 3chr
|

Brando Voogo
|
Posted - 2008.09.16 07:52:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Arkadrell Edited by: Arkadrell on 16/09/2008 07:14:46 with only 820,000 SP you should restart your character. Why? because willpower is only half as good as perception unless you plan on flying T2 ships alot (even then its not that important).
generally attributies to dump on, are normally willpower/chrisma.
7per 8int 7mem = slightly below avg, even most gallente characters get above this. 3chr = good, this is like a caldari, if you dont want leadership skills this is a good idea.
14willpower = overkill and since its almost never a primary for anything its not worth it takeing it this high.
your characters bases: 7per 8int 7mem 14willpower 3chr
recammended Mission runners with ballanced mix: Amarr/Ni-Kunni/Border runners w/ +1per +2mem +2int = base; 11per 8int 8mem 8chr 4will Gallente/gallente/miners w/ +3per +2int = base; 11per 8int 8mem 8chr 4will Amarr/Khanid/cyberknight/ w/ +3mem +2int = base; 11per 8int 7mem 5chr 8will Gallente/jin-mei/Jing ko castle /w +3per +2int = base; 13per 7int 5mem 7chr 7will Minmatar/Vherokior/Drifters w/ +3per +1mem +1will = base; 9per 9int 9mem 8chr 4will Minmatar/brutor/workers w/ +3int +2per = base; 11per 7int 8mem 6chr 7will caldari/deteis/scientist w/ +3per +2mem = 9per 10int 9mem 6chr 5will
my fav; (bet most people wish they had these base attributies) Caldari/achura/stargazer w/ +2per +2int +1mem = base; 10per 10int 10mem 6will 3chr this 10/10/10/6/3 will end up at like;
27.5per 27.5int 27.5mem 23.1will 19.8chr (with 5/5 learningskills and +5implant, 5 learning)
your old character is a 9/9/9/9/3 Caldari/achura, which is very good ballanced character, with his learning skills you should just use him and train for Amarr BS stuff (you ll have a ton of support skills and such already).
use new character for 2months getting learning skills + support skills up use old character for less than 1 month getting those skills a new one has you dont have on your old up.
your choice.
Yeah I thought about it a little more and I think I will just stay with the old character and start training in Amarr or maybe Gallente way so I can try out some new stuff. It took "some time" to get those skills I have on him and I think its best to keep that and just build on top of that.
So what you guys think, I guess Gallente would fit better to the Caldari Character but Amarr seems to be pretty much fun too.
|

Athamai
|
Posted - 2008.09.16 15:11:00 -
[5]
I think you already made this decision but your old character is far superior. It's way head in SP, way head in learning, and the base attributes are far superior(7 perc vs 9 perc.... 14 will? wtf) Achura is probably the best general purpose character in the game..Even if you pick up a leadership skill.
Originally by: Brando Voogo Edited by: Brando Voogo on 16/09/2008 03:01:58
Hey people,
I just returned to the game after some time and I have already a Character with about 7.5M SP (Caldari) but I want to try out something new. So I made a new Amarr Character and just tried to get back into the game and made all the tutorials and stuff.
I'm headed in normal progress (I guess) for Amarr BC and BS so I can fly good missions, Gunnery of course and all the Engineering / Mechanic stuff to fit the Ship right.
Now my question is:
I have the following attributes and I'm not quite sure if I should recreate the character as I got some high values in there (and some lows therefore too).
Charisma 5 Intelligence 10 Perception 11 Memory 9 Willpower 16
I got all the "non expensive" Learning Skills on Lv2 and Learning itself on Lv4 at the moment.
Would be very thankful for any advice if this is a moderate way to start off as Amarr or if I should recreate the Character. Maybe another option would be to train Amarr skills on my "old" character so I can fly both on him?
Thanks in advance.
P.S.: Here is my inEVE Links New Character Old Character
|

Orion GUardian
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.09.16 21:35:00 -
[6]
take your old and train it in the other way.....7,5SP are alot to catch up and be it the learning and some basic skills
- USE OLD CHAR!
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |