| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Morbid Gaze
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 11:22:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Artemis Rose
Originally by: Morbid Gaze Ok, Bellum, you are really clever.
I see that you are just playing around like a fool. I guess your secret is to throw out cheap tricks like "my zealot hits for zero dps" (at 150km, shhhh! this is the clever joke part).
I just can't get it through my thick skull to fill my mid-slots with target painters and webs and just forget that they do NOTHING at 150km. Maybe I need more mid-slots.
And again I'll say it, putting target painters and webs on my Cerberus is useless if I want to snipe at 150km, so there, make another joke dude, tell me again!
No
See.. your gang mate goes in and tackles your target and you (the poor sniper cerb pilot) sits off as far as you want and you spam missiles.
How else did you fly a sniper cerb pre-patch, politely convo your targets and ask them not to warp out?
Well, I sat at 150km or so a helped slaughter targets that:
Were tackled by gang menbers. Were commited to combat and decided to continue to fight. Failed to warp away for what ever reason.
And no, I didn't try heavies on MWD'ing inties, I fly them too, I know missiles didn't do anything to very fast targets pre QR.
I never actually tried convoing my target to ask the to hang around and die smartass. I know you are trying to appear clever, keep trying.
Now targets don't need to warp, just do 500mps or so and missiles are a joke.
|

Morbid Gaze
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 11:26:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Grimpak Edited by: Grimpak on 14/11/2008 09:31:35
Originally by: Morbid Gaze Your contention that your pre-patch Cerb did zero dps is crap. Your contention that your Deimos, Vaga and Zealot now do zero dps is crap.
Let's be realistic, tell me how the sniping Cerberus is ok now? Add a target painter and web?
My contention is that adding a target painter and web to my Cerberus does zero for me at sniper range. At the same time the explosion velocity of heavy missiles makes them heavily nerfed and target painting won't help! Also it's going to take at the very least double webbing to get you damage back to pre-patch levels, really for many ships triple webbing or more. So the sniping Cerberus looks like a hanger queen for now. Like what happened for Falcons so many moons ago.
wait.
wait juuuust a bit.
from what I understood, you say that pre-patch you were using a sniper-fit cerb at sub 10km ranges?
cuz it seems that I read somewhere that you were webbing targets with your sniper-fit cerb.
you also say that your sniping cerb should wtfpwn everything solo.
at 150km range.
wait huh?
??? yeah, I be confused too I could barely read.
|

Gypsio III
Dirty Filthy Perverts
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 11:27:00 -
[33]
And how do you intend to maintain 500 m/s, and even if you could maintain 500 m/s, what use is that speed other than for missile damage mitigation?
And how does the damage mitigation at 500 m/s under current mechanics compare to the 99% damage reduction at 4 km/s with the old?
|

Morbid Gaze
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 11:43:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Gypsio III Dear Lord, this is a stupid thread. In fact, it's so stupid that I can't be bothered to write a proper response. Apart from this:
Bellum is doing it right. You don't need a painter. If you do fit choose to fit one, it can have 50% chance of a hit at 135 km. What damage were you previously getting against fast targets, before QR? Take your interceptor for a spin around an AML Cerberus. Insure it first.
Cerberus is massively boosted.
I never even fired heavies at ceptors/vagas/nano-ishtars because even if they turned into the missile stream they'd only hit for like 3 damage.
What I'm talking about is, at ranges where you don't even bother to fit a point/web/TP, before a cerb was useful. Now, with the explosion velocity at comical setting, anything moving faster than 100mps starts seeing reduced damage and most ship will be going quite a bit faster than that. The result is heavy nerf to Cerberus damage and the canned response of use TPs, webs, precisions will not change anything.
And, "Cerberus is massively boosted" pffft, you are a clown, ok? Like now a Cerberus can drop any battleship in 3 volleys or something huh. Massively what? stupid statement?
|

Gypsio III
Dirty Filthy Perverts
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 11:50:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Morbid Gaze
I never even fired heavies at ceptors/vagas/nano-ishtars because even if they turned into the missile stream they'd only hit for like 3 damage.
What I'm talking about is, at ranges where you don't even bother to fit a point/web/TP, before a cerb was useful. Now, with the explosion velocity at comical setting, anything moving faster than 100mps starts seeing reduced damage and most ship will be going quite a bit faster than that.
You're an idiot with no understanding of game mechanics.
Try firing HMs against a MWDing HAC now, and see just how much more than "3 damage" you're doing.
|

Ghoest
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 11:52:00 -
[36]
The cerb range bonuses are kind of dumb since a painter wount reach that far.
If you think corp is different than a guild or clan you have some insecurity issues.
|

Gypsio III
Dirty Filthy Perverts
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 11:56:00 -
[37]
You don't need a painter, when your target is either 500% self-painted, or going slowly enough that he can be tackled or webbed.
|

Morbid Gaze
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 12:01:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Gypsio III
Originally by: Morbid Gaze
I never even fired heavies at ceptors/vagas/nano-ishtars because even if they turned into the missile stream they'd only hit for like 3 damage.
What I'm talking about is, at ranges where you don't even bother to fit a point/web/TP, before a cerb was useful. Now, with the explosion velocity at comical setting, anything moving faster than 100mps starts seeing reduced damage and most ship will be going quite a bit faster than that.
You're an idiot with no understanding of game mechanics.
Try firing HMs against a MWDing HAC now, and see just how much more than "3 damage" you're doing.
Pre-patch I didn't bother firing heavy missiles at MWD'ing ceptors/vagas/nano-ishtars. Now, even with lower speeds, the MWD signature penalty just ensures that you won't lose damage to explosion radius, the damage will end up being reduced because the target out runs the explosion velocity, idiot! (ok, I shouldn't stoop to your level, sorry)
|

Naomi Knight
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 12:03:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Naomi Knight on 14/11/2008 12:03:06 Actually you need a web and a painter , what you dont need is the cerberus itself. Just use a stupid turret ship who cares it it cant hit 150km , you will be much more usefull at 100km than a cerb at 150km anytime. Bottom line adapt and train for turrets , never look back.
|

Gypsio III
Dirty Filthy Perverts
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 12:04:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Morbid Gaze Pre-patch I didn't bother firing heavy missiles at MWD'ing ceptors/vagas/nano-ishtars. Now, even with lower speeds, the MWD signature penalty just ensures that you won't lose damage to explosion radius, the damage will end up being reduced because the target out runs the explosion velocity, idiot! (ok, I shouldn't stoop to your level, sorry)
Learn game mechanics, please. 
|

MC dragos
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 12:28:00 -
[41]
How about fit a couple TP and get at 110-120km from the target , at that distance TP works just fine ... most if not all sniper HAC's don't realy have a tank , you don't need 1 either , fitt TP , with mwd and whatever in mids and your sniper cerb will work just as well as the other sniper HAC's
|

Bellum Eternus
Gallente Death of Virtue
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 13:40:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Morbid Gaze Ok, Bellum, you are really clever.
I see that you are just playing around like a fool. I guess your secret is to throw out cheap tricks like "my zealot hits for zero dps" (at 150km, shhhh! this is the clever joke part).
I just can't get it through my thick skull to fill my mid-slots with target painters and webs and just forget that they do NOTHING at 150km. Maybe I need more mid-slots.
And again I'll say it, putting target painters and webs on my Cerberus is useless if I want to snipe at 150km, so there, make another joke dude, tell me again!
Only an idiot would think that I'm suggesting that someone should put TPs and/or webs on a Cerb for use at 150km.
They go on your tackler, which is in scram range of your target, so they can actually be used. Stop being obtuse.
Don't know what the word obtuse means? Look it up.
Bellum Eternus Inveniam viam aut faciam.
Originally by: Horza Otho [06:36:47] Horza Otho > its all good, everytime i fit a mega i play some mariah carey in the backround
|

Morbid Gaze
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 17:00:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Bellum Eternus
Originally by: Morbid Gaze Ok, Bellum, you are really clever.
I see that you are just playing around like a fool. I guess your secret is to throw out cheap tricks like "my zealot hits for zero dps" (at 150km, shhhh! this is the clever joke part).
I just can't get it through my thick skull to fill my mid-slots with target painters and webs and just forget that they do NOTHING at 150km. Maybe I need more mid-slots.
And again I'll say it, putting target painters and webs on my Cerberus is useless if I want to snipe at 150km, so there, make another joke dude, tell me again!
Only an idiot would think that I'm suggesting that someone should put TPs and/or webs on a Cerb for use at 150km.
They go on your tackler, which is in scram range of your target, so they can actually be used. Stop being obtuse.
Don't know what the word obtuse means? Look it up.
Actually I was being sarcastic. Obtuse is more like this, which you posted on page 1 at 07:02...
"My pre-patch Cerb was doing 0 dps vs. most targets, now it's doing more than that. I've tried it with assault launchers and light precision missiles and just murdered inties, and it does extremely well vs. BS/BC sized targets with both Fury heavy missiles and Rage HAMs.
The DPS is reduced somewhat when trying to hit unwebbed cruisers, but where the Cerb is still hitting for *some* dps, my Deimos is hitting for zero. As is my Vaga and Zealot.
So, compared to just about every other HAC in the game, my Cerb is right at the top of the list."
Only in a later post do you decide to reveal that you were refering to not being able to damage anything with those ships at 150km+ or going 6kmps. Though a Cerberus should have been hitting non-nano stuff just fine at 150km pre-patch.
Can you see that? Look up hypocrite.
|

Thezerion
Caldari Ever Flow Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 17:05:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Morbid Gaze blahblah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah!
go back to Military School.
|

Morbid Gaze
Minmatar Republic Military School
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 17:08:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Thezerion
Originally by: Morbid Gaze blahblah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah!
go back to Military School.
Drink a cup of spit!
|

Artemis Rose
Sileo In Pacis
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 22:30:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Morbid Gaze Now targets don't need to warp, just do 500mps or so and missiles are a joke.
Oh noes!!! How could we possibly stop a ship from going that fast !?!
Web. Your. Targets
Problem solved, missiles still work. Imagine that 
*** Currently Playing: Trolls from Outer Space Current Equipment: VISAcard chain mail, +2 Amulet of Epic Whine, Self Banstick +2 WTB: +666 E-peen killboard stats |

Enden Assulu
Caldari JinTech Industries Soldiers of the Forgotten Abyss
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 22:57:00 -
[47]
Is this a troll?
Also quote of the day: 'Adapt or die' I hope you do the later...
* * *
|

Impolite Andevil
The Shadow Knights Bionic Dawn
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 23:22:00 -
[48]
I agree that a 150 km heavy launcher cerb isn't very useful now. However, in my opinion it never really was to begin with, so what's your issue? If you are in a gang where people can tackle and hold your target while you fire from 150 km, the target should be dead or nearly so by the time the missiles get there anyway, even with the extra speed from a cerb. Pre or post patch. And if you are not in a gang, wth are you doing 150 km away?
What you should be doing is taking advantage of the range bonus of the cerb to project light missiles and HAMs out to decent ranges and murdering support/tackle or providing decent DPS vs. the primary. If you want to play at 150 km, use an Eagle. It's much better vs. falcons, etc. as it doesn't have that giant window between your ship going blinky red and the missiles actually arriving to go make a sandwich, take a bio break, align to a belt, decide to align to a station instead, and then warp out.
Heavy missile cerb = you are doing it wrong. |

Oh Hamburgers
|
Posted - 2008.11.14 23:41:00 -
[49]
Have to agree with the above poster.
long range HM cerbs are w/e compared to eagles.
throw some ham n cheeze on that bugga or some assaults. Just hope you dont get primaried.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |