| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:39:00 -
[1]
So I purchased a bad *** pc,
4gigs of RAM 9600 gt windows xp 64bit amd dual core 6000+
I can run all games perfectly, but after about 4-5 minutes of playing the lag will start...
it can only be described of 3 second lag (5 fps) every 30 seconds.. when normaly I have perfect frame rate.
And it gets weirder.
for COD 4 and COD 5 it does it on singeplayer only (not multiplayer at all!!)
Red Alert 3 it does it for both multiplayer and singleplayer
Eve online doesnt do it at all
All of these are rather graphic intense games.. so I figured it must be my GPU. Since the temperatures remain constant.
Also during these spikes, my cpu (ctra alt delete perfmance monitor) spikes to 100%
SOOOOO I went and blew 200 bucks on a 9800 gtx+
and same exact problem. EXACT
helpp!!! im going crazy, been working on it for weeks non stop..
and its not a virus. I have run spy bot/adaware/ avast.
and its not a service.. Iv optimized perfmance throught msconfig
maybe its my page filing? I dont know
|

Micheal Dietrich
Caldari Terradyne Networks
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:41:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Anope
Eve online doesnt do it at all
Only play Eve, problem solved.
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:43:00 -
[3]
haha no kidding
im trying to avoid whiping windows and just restarting...
but that should be avoidable
|

Atomos Darksun
Damage Incorporated.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:47:00 -
[4]
9600?
badass?
wtf is wrong with you?
Originally by: Amoxin My vent is talking to me in a devil voice...
CONVERT TO LINKIFICATION! http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameb |

Fox McFox
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:47:00 -
[5]
Try this...When you are playing whatever game, either alt + tab out or push the start button on ur keyboard. Then do ctrl + alt + delete. Under the processes tab, look the .exe file of whatever game you are playing. Right click it and go down to "Set Affinity" If there is a check in CPU 0 and CPU 1, then uncheck CPU 1. So now only CPU 0 should be checked...see if that helps. Helps some of the lag i have on some of my games. What that is doing is running the game on only 1 processor instead of 2
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:50:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Atomos Darksun 9600?
badass?
wtf is wrong with you?
I'm saying my 9800 gtx + is bad ass
I upgraded from 9600 to fix the problem, didnt reslove the issue
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:52:00 -
[7]
lol thats seems simple
30 mil isk if that fixes it!!
trying it now
|

P'uck
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 03:55:00 -
[8]
Edited by: P''uck on 30/12/2008 03:57:11 read this
edit: updated wrongish link
there was another, AMD specific article I cant quite find yet
|

Atomos Darksun
Damage Incorporated.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 04:18:00 -
[9]
I didn't even read the 9800 part.
WTF is wrong with you?
An UPGRADE is going from Nvidia to ATI.
Originally by: Amoxin My vent is talking to me in a devil voice...
CONVERT TO LINKIFICATION! http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameb |

Ivana Drake
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 04:28:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Anope
I can run all games perfectly, but after about 4-5 minutes of playing the lag will start...
it can only be described of 3 second lag (5 fps) every 30 seconds.. when normaly I have perfect frame rate.
for COD 4 and COD 5 it does it on singeplayer only (not multiplayer at all!!)
All of these are rather graphic intense games.. so I figured it must be my GPU.
Also during these spikes, my cpu (ctra alt delete perfmance monitor) spikes to 100%
...
SOOOOO I went and blew 200 bucks on a 9800 gtx+ and same exact problem. EXACT
sounds like a driver issue to me
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 04:31:00 -
[11]
update:
so the cpu 0 trick worked! no lagg!!
except something strange is happening take 5-6 minutes to load a screen!!! instead of 5 seconds
haha theres gotta be an easier way than disabling one of my cores...
|

P'uck
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:04:00 -
[12]
Edited by: P''uck on 30/12/2008 05:05:22 You read the stuff I linked? especially:
Quote: To resolve this problem, follow these steps, as required:
1. Install the latest update for your game. Visit the game publisher's Web support page to determine whether an update is available. If the game is a Microsoft product, visit the following Microsoft Web site for help: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms (http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms) 2. The Minimal Power Management power scheme may cause issues for some games on some systems. Therefore, you may be able to resolve the issue by using a different power management scheme. Click Start, click Run, type powercfg.cpl, and then click OK. Select a power scheme other than Minimal Power Management in the Power schemes box. 3. If the issue still occurs, install the latest drivers for your processor. To contact AMD for driver information, visit the following AMD Web site: http://www.amd.com (http://www.amd.com) To contact Intel, visit the following Intel Web site: http://www.intel.com (http://www.intel.com) Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. 4. If the issue still occurs, install the latest drivers for your motherboard. 5. If the issue still occurs, upgrade the computer's BIOS. For more information about how to upgrade the BIOS, contact the manufacturer of your computer's motherboard.
Warning If you incorrectly update, or flash, the computer BIOS, you may make the computer inoperable.
If the issue still occurs after you complete these steps, visit the game publisher's Web support page for help.
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:07:00 -
[13]
bookmarked it
though 4 and 5 are the only possible things that could be causing it.
but I don't know where to update the motherboard nor how to "upgrade the computer's BIOS. For more information about how to upgrade the BIOS, contact the manufacturer of your computer's motherboard. "
but i dont know where to get my new drivers from
|

P'uck
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:11:00 -
[14]
Edited by: P''uck on 30/12/2008 05:15:50 I'm not sure, but I guess at least having a look at your power management screen is worth a try (as described under 2.). But still there is this nagging feeling there was more about AMD dual core processors. I believe the was a hotfix from microsoft ...
edit: could be that one. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C2AB5A48-8240-4934-BBD8-34FB8A0FCE3B&displaylang=en
And then there was something about the "cool 'n' quiet" drivers. I dont know if that applies to you, I've been using intel since I can remember. Ok well, I admit, I have been using intel longer than the past 2 days.
But I think its something around those issues. The one core disabley thing was the common workaround - tbh im astounded these troubles still arise these days, almost -what- 2 years? after they have been first reported.
I stumbled upon all that stuff when I was reading up on dual cores when they were rather new.
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:17:00 -
[15]
apparently my service pack is newer than that version and update "isnt required"
so ran RA 3 and CoD 5 again
the lag is still there, but i didnt notice it until 15 minutes of playing RA.. signifigant improvement from what it was like with the 9600..
but still, a 9800 should be able to run it perfect right?
|

P'uck
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:18:00 -
[16]
Edited by: P''uck on 30/12/2008 05:20:06 ummm... you actually DID plug in the power connector on the vidcard?
edit: i have a 9800gt slightly OC'ed and it plays FO3(most recent game i own) at a minimum of about 30 frames at the highest settings. I dont know what you call "perfectly" (for me that would be 50 to 60 frames all the time) but it should be at least "decent" (in my vocabulary) I guess.
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:23:00 -
[17]
yupp
no I can tell that the g-card isnt the problem, because there is no heat issues and when the lags not there, its perfect FPS
|

P'uck
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:25:00 -
[18]
Edited by: P''uck on 30/12/2008 05:25:18 I guess we would have told you that its not a GPU related issue right from the start. (was just making sure)
Again, I'm not too good with AMD, but really... check the energy managment options and set them to somethng different. Or update the cool and quiet drivers and check the settings there, if it applies to your CPU.
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:26:00 -
[19]
hmm I donwloaded AMD Processor Driver Version 1.3.2.0053 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64) as found here : http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html
and when i check the cpu info under device manager it still says its at 1.3.2.0 for Driver version
(AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+) and it shows up twice (i guess since its two cores)
I also installed AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4
did this all weeks back.. just now noticing the versions didnt change O.o
|

P'uck
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:28:00 -
[20]
crap, I just wanted to point out the AMD dual core optimizer...
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2008.12.30 05:33:00 -
[21]
i believe they are installed, when i donwload them and click setup, it goes straight to the un-install
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 03:53:00 -
[22]
here is the exact specifications on my computer
Mainboard :Asus M2N-VM DVI Chipset :nVidia nForce 560 Processor :AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3000 MHz Physical Memory :4096 MB Video Card :NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Hard Disk :WDC (160 GB) DVD-Rom Drive :ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P Monitor Type :HF199H - 19 inches Network Card :Nvidia Corp MCP67 Ethernet Operating System :Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 DirectX :Version 9.0c (May 2008)
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 08:30:00 -
[23]
Processor information Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Frequency : 3000 MHz - (current : 3000.00 MHz) Number of Core : 2 Support : Socket AM2 (940) Cache L1 : 2 x 128 KB Cache L2 : 2 x 1024 KB Voltage VID : 1.350 V FPU Coprocessor : Present Core 1 Activity : 1% Core 2 Activity : 1%
Voltage temp and fan Hardware Monitoring : ITE IT8712F Voltage CPU : 1.35 V +3.3V Voltage : 3.39 V +5V Voltage : 6.85 V +12V Voltage : 12.74 V Chassis Fan : 3096 rpm Mainboard Temperature : 34 ŚC : Processor : Thermal Diode AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Core 1) : 23 ŚC AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Core 2) : 41 ŚC : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ : nVidia Driver GPU Temperature : 38 ŚC : Hard Disk Monitoring : S.M.A.R.T Hard Disk WDC WD1600AAJS-00B4A0 : 29 ŚC
Notice the differnece in cpu core temperatures... could this be a problem? sometimes the difference is 30 degrees even!
|

Meiyang Lee
Gallente Azteca Transportation Unlimited Gunboat Diplomacy
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 09:05:00 -
[24]
Edited by: Meiyang Lee on 02/01/2009 09:06:45 3 things:
1) unless you're running XP Pro 64-bit 4GB RAM is a bad idea, 32-bit windows does not like 4GB RAM. (Shouldn't even allow you to use more than 3 or 3,25 depending on the memory of the GPU)
2) Do you have the latest AMD Dual-core drivers installed? Yes it sounds silly that a CPU has drivers, but for AMD they make one hell of a difference. (much better thread scheduling for one)
3) check the seating of your CPU heatsink, it may actually not be seated properly on one side causing that end to heat up quite a bit compared to the other.
|

Rolly Polly
20th Legion Southern Cross Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 09:43:00 -
[25]
A quick Google search using your motherboard and games stuttering reveals several threads with similar syptoms flung across the net.
Things of note: they all seem to involve nvidia cards. Lots of them feature the 6000+ too. I'm not sure whats going on here I'd have thought asus would have a bios out to fix it were possible to do so through a bios update, some of those threads are quite old.
Of course becasue I specificly searched for your motherboard all the threads featured that. Try poking about to see if other motherboards have similar complaints. Also BIOS might be a consideration.
|

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 16:45:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Rolly Polly Edited by: Rolly Polly on 02/01/2009 10:04:36 Edited by: Rolly Polly on 02/01/2009 10:00:12 A quick Google search using your motherboard and games stuttering reveals several threads with similar syptoms flung across the net.
Things of note: they all seem to involve nvidia cards. Lots of them feature the 6000+ too. I'm not sure whats going on here I'd have thought asus would have a bios out to fix it were possible to do so through a bios update, some of those threads are quite old.
Of course becasue I specificly searched for your motherboard all the threads featured that. Try poking about to see if other motherboards have similar complaints. Also BIOS might be a consideration.
Edit: Ok so I'm following tihs line and I'm reading This on your motherboard down at the bottom there it states that the board supports up to a 95w processor, then I check out the processor which could be the one rated at 125w or 89w. Could you check which, I suppose it would fail a lot worse than this if it were unable to meet the power requiremtns but a voltage mismatch might explain it.
Edit2: I've just read a forum where somebody managed to fix it somehow by simpley resetting the bios via the jumper, it would make things nice and easy if that worked
Hmm could you explain how to reset the bios? im willing to try anything too be honest.. I'm increasingly condisdering just whipping the hardrives and doing a windows re-install
|

Meiyang Lee
Gallente Azteca Transportation Unlimited Gunboat Diplomacy
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 16:54:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Meiyang Lee on 02/01/2009 16:57:00 Edited by: Meiyang Lee on 02/01/2009 16:56:34
Originally by: Anope
Hmm could you explain how to reset the bios? im willing to try anything too be honest.. I'm increasingly condisdering just whipping the hardrives and doing a windows re-install
well if it is a bug in the bios then a disc wipe won't fix it, hence the bios reset. It should be quite easy tbh, find your motherboards manual and look up where the switch/jumper is on the board.
Another option (but a good deal riskier) is to gently remove the CMOS battery. The CMOS battery is the large coin shaped battery on your motherboard, should be impossible to miss, removing it will reset the bios too on most boards. Generally the reset jumper also interrupts the power flow from the battery to the bios chip.
Or you could check the forums of ASUS for more info.
|

Rolly Polly
20th Legion Southern Cross Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 18:25:00 -
[28]
Typically the jumper is near the battery too.
just remember to read the manual especially the part about you unplugging the mains prior to attempting that. See page 23 of the online manual.
Any idea which +6 processor you have?
|

Dantes Revenge
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 21:40:00 -
[29]
Make a note of your bios firmware revision then have a look at ASUS website and see if there's an update for your motherboard, usually it's in the downloads or support section. Read the update fixes first to see if it includes anything you might think could be a cause of the lag or if it lists any fixes to support certain hardware that you have. I have seen such things as bios fixes to support video cards that were released after the board was manufactured.
However, read the instructions carefully and follow them to the letter when doing a firmware upgrade. If you've not done it before, it's not like a software patch or driver install, one mistake can render your motherboard completely useless and then it's a replacement or, at the very least, a shop repair.
-- There's a simple difference between kinky and perverted. Kinky is using a feather to get her in the mood. Perverted is using the whole chicken. All this has happened before and will happen again |

Anope
Gallente R.E.C.O.N. The Firm.
|
Posted - 2009.01.02 22:10:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Anope on 02/01/2009 22:11:06 AsusTek FAQ System freeze solutions You can try below steps:
1. Please take the cpu cooler out, add some thermal paste to the CPU surface, then reseat the cooler back and keep the cooler tightly installed.
2. Please clear CMOS by:
a) Cut the power supply for whole system and open your case; b) Take out the Cmos battery from the battery socket; c) Install your battery with "reverse side" that means turn the battery 180 degree and put into battery socket; d) Hold about 30 seconds, then take out the battery and install it normally; e) Plug the power cord and Power on.
I may try these later tongiht and see what happens.. will I loose any of my programs from resetting CMOS?
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |