| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Atheoss
Lunar Asylum
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.19 04:03:00 -
[1] - Quote
Hi, I'm starting a new Gallente pilot.. enjoying myself so far and I'm planning on mission running to build up my bank account before I try my hand at PVP.
My main question though, is that I plan to use drone boats... and I've heard the drones can be hard to manage. Is there a way to group the drones to release all 5+ that I want or would I have to pick each one individually? So far I just hit "release drones" and the game seems to decide which ones to toss out and I see no instructions on how to manage your drones. Pro-tips for drone use appreciated! |

malaire
362
|
Posted - 2012.04.19 06:21:00 -
[2] - Quote
In drone-window (when in space) you can right click and create groups. You can then right click on your drones and move them to groups.
When drones are in groups just right click on group name to command whole group at once. (Launch, attack, etc..)
EDIT: Also 5 drones is max amount of drones you can have in space at once. (Except for carriers and certain rare ship.) New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else |

Atheoss
Lunar Asylum
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.19 06:26:00 -
[3] - Quote
Aaahh, I see. Thanks! |
|

ISD Athechu
ISD STAR
21

|
Posted - 2012.04.19 22:30:00 -
[4] - Quote
Hello Atheoss,
Along with what Malaire said I would suggest to have a read of the drones guide http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Drones
The guide will help you understand the different types of drones along with different modules that can help increase their abilities too.
I hope this answered your question.
Feel free to mail me in-game if you have any additional questions.
Fly safe o/ Don't hesitate to contact me in-game I answer Eve mails I recieve as soon as I'm able to. ISD Athechu Commander ISD STAR (Support Training and Resources) |
|

Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe Against ALL Authorities
275
|
Posted - 2012.04.19 23:26:00 -
[5] - Quote
Set up the keyboard shortcuts for drones if you haven't. Do this now 
Esc -> menu FIRE FRIENDSHIP TORPEDOES ! Louis's epic skill guide v1.1 |

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat Working Stiffs
623
|
Posted - 2012.04.20 06:21:00 -
[6] - Quote
Louis deGuerre wrote:Set up the keyboard shortcuts for drones if you haven't. Do this now  Esc -> menu I pretty much erased ALL the default keyboard shortcuts, and replaced them with my own.
Example: * ALT E "Engage" * ALT B "return to Bay" * ALT R "Return and orbit"
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Keyboard_Controls |

Lost Greybeard
Fenrir's Dogs of War Union 0f Revolution
30
|
Posted - 2012.04.20 20:56:00 -
[7] - Quote
Tau Cabalander wrote:Louis deGuerre wrote:Set up the keyboard shortcuts for drones if you haven't. Do this now  Esc -> menu I pretty much erased ALL the default keyboard shortcuts, and replaced them with my own. Example: * ALT E " Engage" * ALT B "return to Bay" * ALT R " Return and orbit" http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Keyboard_Controls
If he's using drone boats as a primary, he might want to give them single-key commands (my drone herding keys are f9-f12, personally, I have engage and return to bay and stuck the aggression and focus fire toggles in as well to deal with the drones going stupid on me). But yeah, this. Hotkeying drone management cut my clicking down in mission-running by something like a factor of 10. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |