| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mangala Solaris
Caldari Ma'adim Logistics
|
Posted - 2009.01.31 22:21:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Zaknussem Mass bannings on the forums.
It's the only way to be sure. 
I thought taking off and nuking from orbit was the only way? -------
|

Typhado3
Minmatar Ashen Lion Mining and Production Consortium Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2009.01.31 22:24:00 -
[32]
Originally by: James Lyrus I will work on being fast with "can I have your stuff" responses.
must create a macro forum poster that will search for posts of ppl quitting and post "can I have your stuff".
ccp fix mining agent missions % pls |

Erica 'cowpig'Lafehr
|
Posted - 2009.01.31 22:50:00 -
[33]
I lol from these threads. So many who think they are so tough because they pick on noobs. Oh how you forget from whence you came. Yes, you too were a noob once. Can flipping a noob and drawing aggro and popping him is not real pvp. It's compensation for the tiny thing you have between your legs and to compensate for the crap life you lead in real life where you have no power, no control, nothing but a crap ass mundane existence with blow up dolls and internet anime girl friends.
And no I am not a noob who got popped by a big bad scary internet space man and lost all my belongings in game. While you think you are so swift and so bad ass your posts reek of your fail for so many of you so called tough guys. New players = new income which leads to successful business for CCP. What ever would you noob hating WoW hating geektards do if CCP failed and Eve no longer existed. Impossible? Yeah, so thought Ford, GM, and Chrysler. |

Qordel
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2009.01.31 22:56:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Don Zoul Personally, I don't think the influx of people from the box launch will be as large as when walking in stations finally arrives.
I don't think it's going to be particularly large at either event, which is why those who do give it a shot should, in my opinion, be treated as guests we want to enjoy the game that we love so much rather than just meatbags that we're waiting for the first chance to yell 'gb2wowz0rz!" to.
Don't get me wrong, that's fun at times, too... |

Khaelis
Caldari Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 01:19:00 -
[35]
I for one will create yet another trial account to be able to get access to the rookie help channel. I'm not sure why I get such a kick out of helping those nubs.. not so much the loud attention seeking ones though. I wish there was a way to gain access to the channel without creating yet another throwaway character and using up another character name for what could be the rest of eternity. (Oh apart from signing up for ISD which looked like a job application form ) |

Ponderous Thunderstroke
Republic War Machine Industries
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 01:19:00 -
[36]
At 2 weeks, when a new account chooses to subscribe, they should have three options...
If they want to be combat-oriented, they get signed up for AGONY classes.
If they want to learn a balance of the game, they get an Eve University application.
If they want to sit around, farm ISK, and never use it for anything, they should get a handbook on learning Mandarin and directions to NPC 0.0 space...plus a cloak for their Raven. |

Dirk Magnum
Royal Hiigaran Navy
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 01:28:00 -
[37]
There's really nothing that "we" can do, but as long as CCP continues to regard ragequitting by players who don't learn to accept the game for what it is then all will be well. I doubt CCP will knuckle under to the complaints of the most immature sect of new players in an effort to retain a few extra dollars at the cost of this game's soul. |

Diek Ran
Amarr Autonums
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 01:33:00 -
[38]
CCP will have to shard the servers. One realm for good people and one realm for bad people. |

Grendelsbane
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 01:53:00 -
[39]
Originally by: xavier69 Edited by: xavier69 on 31/01/2009 18:43:56
Quote: A large number come from other MMO's that do not share the same _niche_ PvP system Eve has to offer nor will they like the fact they have no _safe_ area to feel relaxed in.
I wouldnĘt worry to much about it, I donĘt think the box is going to sell a lot of copies the fact is now days players donĘt trust software companies to release a finished product so a lot of these new guys will do some checking to find out about the game before purchase and see the pvp and never buy it. [If the box has pvp as main theme expect record low sales]
PvP is definitely a niche market, but you can also sell quite well with it. Look at how Age of Conan sold - everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I know who bought the box, bought the game for the promised PvP.
Unfortnately, even more carebears bought it, rolled on PvP servers, and then assembled together old-school Voltron style to wail their collective carebear rage on the forums. When this coincided with plummeting subscriptions - due to the exact "game nowhere near finished" problem you mention above - Funcom assumed that correlation equated to causation, carebearified the game, and drove off their only dedicated audience. In the end, panic, incompetence, simple greed, and the fact that the newest generation of gamers is too young to remember Ultima Online, did them in. |

bff Jill
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 01:59:00 -
[40]
Ive been playing eve off and on for years. I spin my ship in the station, and post on forums with forum alts.
They should put that on the box.
|

Element 22
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 03:38:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Grendelsbane
Originally by: xavier69 Edited by: xavier69 on 31/01/2009 18:43:56
Quote: A large number come from other MMO's that do not share the same _niche_ PvP system Eve has to offer nor will they like the fact they have no _safe_ area to feel relaxed in.
I wouldnĘt worry to much about it, I donĘt think the box is going to sell a lot of copies the fact is now days players donĘt trust software companies to release a finished product so a lot of these new guys will do some checking to find out about the game before purchase and see the pvp and never buy it. [If the box has pvp as main theme expect record low sales]
PvP is definitely a niche market, but you can also sell quite well with it. Look at how Age of Conan sold - everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I know who bought the box, bought the game for the promised PvP.
Unfortnately, even more carebears bought it, rolled on PvP servers, and then assembled together old-school Voltron style to wail their collective carebear rage on the forums. When this coincided with plummeting subscriptions - due to the exact "game nowhere near finished" problem you mention above - Funcom assumed that correlation equated to causation, carebearified the game, and drove off their only dedicated audience. In the end, panic, incompetence, simple greed, and the fact that the newest generation of gamers is too young to remember Ultima Online, did them in.
This is really a worry I have. As is it is the balance in there, but only by bitter fighting on both sides of the issue, and with the box set the Carebear (sorry side will become much stronger.
And no, 'we' as individuals can't do anything, but as a community we can.
|

Jason Marshall
Gallente Hammer Of Light Libertas Fidelitas
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 04:00:00 -
[42]
I feel that CCP will end up nerfing eve to increase retention of new comers. =\ Will probably see module insurance, invulnerability in 1.0 systems. More ruels against scamming. Stuff like that =(
Have lost all faith in CCP in regards to keeping eve true to its root.  Tacky Lensflares in sigs ftw
|

Marlenus
Caldari Ironfleet Towing And Salvage Tear Extraction And Reclamation Service
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 04:47:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Jason Marshall I feel that CCP will end up nerfing eve to increase retention of new comers. =\ Will probably see module insurance, invulnerability in 1.0 systems. More ruels against scamming. Stuff like that =(
I see the trends that make you feel that way, but balanced against those trends are ideas like the new wormhole space. Wormholes in your starter system that lead straight to pew-pew space? That anybody can find (it sounds like) with very modest skills and equipment?
I think CCP is trying to smooth things a bit to increase retention of newer players and hopeless carebear cubs, without ripping out the dark soul of the game that we all love so much. That's really tough to do, and they have surely made (and will continue to make) mistakes while trying to walk that tightrope. But they're still on the rope and they're still walking, and I think predicting they will "nerf EVE" is equivalent to predicting that they'll fall off. They might -- but they're working really hard not to, and I give 'em pretty good odds. |

Griffen Hawk
Thanos and Killjoy Productions HUZZAH FEDERATION
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 05:59:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Diek Ran CCP will have to shard the servers. One realm for good people and one realm for bad people.
put the new guys on the Asian shard? and give them a separate forum! |

Vampiress Akaasha
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 06:20:00 -
[45]
Originally by: JoDan Troikian Edited by: JoDan Troikian on 31/01/2009 16:58:46 How did you learn not to solo mine/rat in .4 and below? When you did it and got popped. That's called experience. I lost everything I own several times in this game starting out b/c I didn't know how to read the map/get a scout, etc. Now I know. The pain felt by losing T1 frig/cruiser/industrials is important building blocks in their careers playing eve. If they ragequit, they'll either come back or they will move on. Either way, they will become better or they will leave. my 2 isk.
The only problem with that analogy is that way back when you were learning that lesson so was everyone else. Now the general player base has mostly gone way past just learning from mistakes and on to exploitation. They will become victims more than anything else for those that are looking for easy marks.
However, I can't offer a suggestion on how to improve this so that's where it stands. |

Dreamwalker
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 08:17:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Vampiress Akaasha The only problem with that analogy is that way back when you were learning that lesson so was everyone else. Now the general player base has mostly gone way past just learning from mistakes and on to exploitation. They will become victims more than anything else for those that are looking for easy marks.
However, I can't offer a suggestion on how to improve this so that's where it stands.
We were all victims in one form or another. Its just that we have spent years building ourselves back up and now we are mean and hateful and will shot random people in high sec for fun. |

mcnuggetlol
Amarr Cold Blooded Killers
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 08:53:00 -
[47]
Oh god i can picture it now. The new players'll be all like "wait...there's PENALTIES? WHEN YOU DIE??!?!??!" and the old players'll be smug *******s
|

Jaunis
legion industries ltd Ursa Stellar Initiative
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 09:20:00 -
[48]
Originally by: GrendelsbaneUnfortnately, even more carebears bought it, rolled on PvP servers, and then assembled together old-school Voltron style to wail their collective carebear rage on the forums.[/quote
This made me LOL thanks.
One of the best thing any helpful person could tell a new player is to avoid the forums. However if the "I can haz roxor nubletcarebearzorz with me yarrbarge" (pirates types that even annoy other pirates) group of players can actually allow newer players to first learn to enjoy the game a larger percentage would stay which means more quality PEW PEW in the long run with out people becoming frustrated and quiting
|

Joss Sparq
Caldari ANZAC ALLIANCE Southern Cross Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 09:22:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Element 22 Our usually derision and sarcasm/irrelevant counter trolling will not only not work, but we will also be baried on the sheer volume of their stupidity/trollishness/lack of RTFM/and noobienish (pronounced noob-e-nish).
I believe the term you should've used there is "noobishness", actually.
Noobishness
Pronounced: "New-bish-ness"
Definition: The state of being noob.
Originally by: James Lyrus I will work on being fast with "can I have your stuff" responses.
G15 keyboard: macro keys 
|

Joss Sparq
Caldari ANZAC ALLIANCE Southern Cross Alliance
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 09:24:00 -
[50]
Originally by: mcnuggetlol Oh god i can picture it now. The new players'll be all like "wait...there's PENALTIES? WHEN YOU DIE??!?!??!" and the old players'll be smug *******s
I'm tempted to respond "Well, yes. You've died. You're dead. Should I drive around to your house and demonstrate?" 
|

Doctor Penguin
Amarr Shadow Command Tenth Legion
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 09:41:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Doctor Penguin on 01/02/2009 09:42:18
Originally by: Joss Sparq
Originally by: James Lyrus I will work on being fast with "can I have your stuff" responses.
G15 keyboard: macro keys 
Or the G11 if you don't need the fancy screen. Awesome keyboards. 
I am a:
1) Newbie 2) Enjoying this game very much.
EVE is not an unfriendly place. It just can't be grinded to winzorz like other MMOs. |

ashellia
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 16:14:00 -
[52]
ITT: Narcissism
|

Ticondrius
|
Posted - 2009.02.01 17:11:00 -
[53]
I think I see and understand the OP's point. There was a topic on here not too long ago about a corp that wanted to be pacifists. They wanted to do this while still getting a chance to get into 0.0 and so forth.
Unfortunately, all he got out of us on the forums was the usual: gb2wow, carebear tears fuel my ship, can I have your stuff?, and so forth.
I convoed the CEO in-game and had a good hour long discussion on why it wouldn't work in the long run. Last I heard, he was negotiating a merger with a PvP corp that also wanted to get into 0.0, but needed a better industrial base. WIN -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Blueprint Visibility Proposal MMORPG: Many Men Online Role Playing Girls |

Yakia TovilToba
Halliburton Inc.
|
Posted - 2009.02.06 08:10:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Mordekai Bloodwake
Ah yes Natural Selection at its best, i love it! 
The mere fact that you exist prove the lack of a natural selection.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |