| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Dixi Zi
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 11:00:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Dixi Zi on 16/02/2009 11:34:55
So could we launch LIGHT version of premium client now and acutally see how many clients could be used on one PC together? Or its not ready yet?
I hope minimum resolution 1024x768 stays? BTW a lot of ppl now using things like EEE PC to login on occasion like at coffy break. And those PCs have lower resolution... So 800x600 as minimum was much better.
|

Dixi Zi
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 11:42:00 -
[2]
Some more thought about multiply clients.
Could we have client settings like resolution, opened windows, to be attached to character or account name?
Sometimes I do mining. So I usually run a few clinets with hulks, witch I want to have in 1024x768 or less. But for some other chars on same accounts I still want bigger screen resolution.
For now, as I know, to have difefrent settings, like resolution, one need to make different copies of EVE directory.
|

Sleepkevert
Amarr Rionnag Alba
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 11:54:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Dixi Zi For now, as I know, to have difefrent settings, like resolution, one need to make different copies of EVE directory.
Confirming this is the only way atm. (though you might get it to work using the useraccount trick and using different startup scripts, but thats an whole other story)
As for premium lite, this is already on sisi. Just go to the graphics settings and activate the SM_2_0_HI or SM_2_0_LO there. That is the premium lite setting. (Setting the skip mip setting to skip 2 levels as well may decrease graphic memory requirement and load as well, but I have no low end client myself to test this on sadly)
As for the minimum resolution, it's probably tied to the minimal screen res things like the neocom and module loadout in space stay visible and useable. I can imagine why everything below the current 1024x786 is blocked. (hell, I sometimes curse at not having more space on my 1680x1050 screen, which is probably just an indicator of how bad the UI design is...) Though, I agree, it is sometimes a PITA to be limited in this way. _
Add your own line! |

Cadde
Gallente Gene Works AKA-AHN KINGDOM
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 12:05:00 -
[4]
I curse at my 1920x1200 for being small, i have no clue as to why one would even attempt to play eve on a EEE PC unless for simply changing a skill, which will become moot with skill queues. --------------- Opinions? Yes they belong to me, not my corp! |

Molly Mayhem
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 12:11:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Molly Mayhem on 16/02/2009 12:11:56 Here's a trick I use to save disk space and run different copies of the client with different settings. This will only work on vista or windoze 7. This is great if you want to run multiple clients without having to sacrifice N copies worth of disk space just to have different configs.
start, run > cmd.exe cd to the parent of your eve directory (mine is H:\EVE, so H:\ for me) mklink /j EVE_2 EVE
This creates an NTFS directory junction (like a symlink on *nix) that points EVE_2 at EVE. Applications will believe that everything shown on disk as H:\EVE_2\* is in H:\EVE_2\ even though they're really reading from H:\EVE\* on disk.
You can make as many junctions pointing to your eve folder as you want, I have 3 pointing at my 1 install. The benefit here is that you don't burn disk space just to have separate configurations stored in your %localappdata%\CCP\EVE\ directories.
You can get more complicated with it if you want by consolidating your user_*.dat and char_*.dat settings files stored in various %localappdata%\CCP\EVE\$evepath\settings subdirectories and linking back to one central store, but that's beyond a quick explanation.
edit:
Originally by: Cadde I curse at my 1920x1200 for being small, i have no clue as to why one would even attempt to play eve on a EEE PC unless for simply changing a skill, which will become moot with skill queues.
Maybe you're bored and you want to spice things up with some eyestrain 
|

Rivqua
Caldari Omega Wing R.E.P.O.
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 12:20:00 -
[6]
The current client on SISI is premium/lite. To enable "lite" mode, set "Scene 2, SM2.0(HI/LO), Skip 2, uncheck Dustfields".
/Riv
|

Hazel Fern
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 13:07:00 -
[7]
Nice, but WHERE i have to set that? In the setting menu in login screen there isn't any oprtion about that, and if i try to connect, obviously (as my machine can't use premium) crashes.....
|

Arda Xi
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 13:34:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Molly Mayhem Edited by: Molly Mayhem on 16/02/2009 12:11:56 Here's a trick I use to save disk space and run different copies of the client with different settings. This will only work on vista or windoze 7. This is great if you want to run multiple clients without having to sacrifice N copies worth of disk space just to have different configs.
start, run > cmd.exe cd to the parent of your eve directory (mine is H:\EVE, so H:\ for me) mklink /j EVE_2 EVE
This creates an NTFS directory junction (like a symlink on *nix) that points EVE_2 at EVE. Applications will believe that everything shown on disk as H:\EVE_2\* is in H:\EVE_2\ even though they're really reading from H:\EVE\* on disk.
You can make as many junctions pointing to your eve folder as you want, I have 3 pointing at my 1 install. The benefit here is that you don't burn disk space just to have separate configurations stored in your %localappdata%\CCP\EVE\ directories.
You can get more complicated with it if you want by consolidating your user_*.dat and char_*.dat settings files stored in various %localappdata%\CCP\EVE\$evepath\settings subdirectories and linking back to one central store, but that's beyond a quick explanation.
edit:
Originally by: Cadde I curse at my 1920x1200 for being small, i have no clue as to why one would even attempt to play eve on a EEE PC unless for simply changing a skill, which will become moot with skill queues.
Maybe you're bored and you want to spice things up with some eyestrain 
So, if I made a junction on Windows XP it wouldn't work? Why?
|

Rivqua
Caldari Omega Wing R.E.P.O.
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 13:44:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Hazel Fern Nice, but WHERE i have to set that? In the setting menu in login screen there isn't any oprtion about that, and if i try to connect, obviously (as my machine can't use premium) crashes.....
It's there in the setting /gfx menu before you log in. I left out (I think) but you obviously need to check "premium content" :)
/Riv
|

zacuis
Great Big Research
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 14:54:00 -
[10]
just posting to say i just tried out the priemum lite setting on my netbook and at first glance the preformance actually seems a little better now getting 19 fps out side station where i used to get about 15. still very playable wont be pvping anytime soon but great if u producing or trading or even a spot of mining.
well done ccp u didnt mess this one up very grateful
|

Geanina
BIG Libertas Fidelitas
|
Posted - 2009.02.16 15:43:00 -
[11]
I`m having trouble aswell setting the Premium Light client, though i have the Scene 2, SM2.0(HI/LO), Skip 2 i don`t see the Dustfield option. Also i don`t see any premium activation button.
If i hit Scene 2, SM2.0 - Lo, Skip 2, it crashes (restarts computer). I have a Nvidia GeForce FX5700, isn`t Premium Light suppose to support the 5 series? Any other suggestion on how to make premium light work are welcomed. Thank you!
Originally by: Jiekon
ISD are carebears.
|

Molly Mayhem
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.02.17 02:20:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Arda Xi So, if I made a junction on Windows XP it wouldn't work? Why?
Oh, you're right. It's file symlinks that were vista and later, duh.
Just don't delete the junction with explorer under XP, it'll remove the target directory as well (as if you force deleted, shift-delete style).
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |