| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:15:00 -
[1]
I just started doing lvl 3 Kill missions for the Republic Fleet.
I was shocked at how much harder the lvl 3 missions are compared to the lvl 2 missions...
My second mission was a "Gone Berserk" mission, I barely made it through it with my Stabber, took me 1 hour to kill all those rats, and I missed the time bonus...
Am I going to have serious trouble doing lvl 3 kill missions with my Stabber?
It's the best ship I can afford... Would a Rupture be that much better?
I guess what I'm getting at is, I don't have a BS, never have trained that skill, and don't really plan on it... But I do want to do lvl 3 missions efficiently...
Any suggestions?
(I only fly Minmatar ships, and use projectile weapons. I do have heavy missiles to lvl 4...)
Thx in advance :)
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:15:00 -
[2]
I just started doing lvl 3 Kill missions for the Republic Fleet.
I was shocked at how much harder the lvl 3 missions are compared to the lvl 2 missions...
My second mission was a "Gone Berserk" mission, I barely made it through it with my Stabber, took me 1 hour to kill all those rats, and I missed the time bonus...
Am I going to have serious trouble doing lvl 3 kill missions with my Stabber?
It's the best ship I can afford... Would a Rupture be that much better?
I guess what I'm getting at is, I don't have a BS, never have trained that skill, and don't really plan on it... But I do want to do lvl 3 missions efficiently...
Any suggestions?
(I only fly Minmatar ships, and use projectile weapons. I do have heavy missiles to lvl 4...)
Thx in advance :)
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Muspell
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:20:00 -
[3]
You should have no problem with the lvl 3 missions, unless the missions have gotten much harder since I used to do them in my stabber. My guess is that you just outfit it wrongly. Share your fitting with us, and we might be able to point out some improvements.
Yes, the Rupture would probably be better, but the stabber should be efficient enough. You don't need a BS for any lvl 3 mission.
|

Muspell
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:20:00 -
[4]
You should have no problem with the lvl 3 missions, unless the missions have gotten much harder since I used to do them in my stabber. My guess is that you just outfit it wrongly. Share your fitting with us, and we might be able to point out some improvements.
Yes, the Rupture would probably be better, but the stabber should be efficient enough. You don't need a BS for any lvl 3 mission.
|

Siroc
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:31:00 -
[5]
Stabber is on a lighter side. Considering that projectiles had been nerfed, it is pretty hard to do them in it. Try Rupture like it was sudjested. Level 3 missions are not too hard though. Make sure you are doing them in long range config though, those Angels do crazy damage, multiples of them tear you appart in seconds if you are not flying some crazy tanked setup.
PS.. if you fly any other race ships, try caldari Caracal. It makes it very easy and fast to do those missions. Just lob the missles over 45-48k and you are safe. And you do not need to train too many skills to use it.
|

Siroc
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:31:00 -
[6]
Stabber is on a lighter side. Considering that projectiles had been nerfed, it is pretty hard to do them in it. Try Rupture like it was sudjested. Level 3 missions are not too hard though. Make sure you are doing them in long range config though, those Angels do crazy damage, multiples of them tear you appart in seconds if you are not flying some crazy tanked setup.
PS.. if you fly any other race ships, try caldari Caracal. It makes it very easy and fast to do those missions. Just lob the missles over 45-48k and you are safe. And you do not need to train too many skills to use it.
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:42:00 -
[7]
Ok, here is my base setup. (It changes depending on the mission, but this one is pretty typical)
High Slots
2 x Heavy Missile Launcher I loaded with WidowMakers 2 x 650mm Artillery loaded with Phased plasma (10k optimal) 2 x 250mm Artillery loaded with Depleted Urainium (10k optimal)
Med Slots
Medium Sheild Booster II Y-S8 Hydrocarbon AB Small LD-ACID Cap Battery
Low Slots
F-M12 Weapon Inertial WCS (I was warp scrambled on my first lvl 3 mission) Medium Armor Repairer
I orbit 10k, and just use the sheild booster & armor repairer until I have to warp out, relod, repair & warp back in...
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:42:00 -
[8]
Ok, here is my base setup. (It changes depending on the mission, but this one is pretty typical)
High Slots
2 x Heavy Missile Launcher I loaded with WidowMakers 2 x 650mm Artillery loaded with Phased plasma (10k optimal) 2 x 250mm Artillery loaded with Depleted Urainium (10k optimal)
Med Slots
Medium Sheild Booster II Y-S8 Hydrocarbon AB Small LD-ACID Cap Battery
Low Slots
F-M12 Weapon Inertial WCS (I was warp scrambled on my first lvl 3 mission) Medium Armor Repairer
I orbit 10k, and just use the sheild booster & armor repairer until I have to warp out, relod, repair & warp back in...
------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Siroc
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:51:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Siroc on 18/08/2004 18:53:06 try this.
3 720s with long range amo 2 std missle launchers for frigates or defenders smart bomb ------ mwd,small or medium shield booster,capa recharger ------ load on RCUs to make it work.
this config I used before I switched to caldari ships and it worked very nice. I never tried it with projectile changes though.
|

Siroc
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:51:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Siroc on 18/08/2004 18:53:06 try this.
3 720s with long range amo 2 std missle launchers for frigates or defenders smart bomb ------ mwd,small or medium shield booster,capa recharger ------ load on RCUs to make it work.
this config I used before I switched to caldari ships and it worked very nice. I never tried it with projectile changes though.
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:59:00 -
[11]
What range should I be fighting at? ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 18:59:00 -
[12]
What range should I be fighting at? ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Siroc
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 21:51:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Siroc on 18/08/2004 21:55:05 with setup i posted range would be around 35-40k depending on amo and your skills. Its designed for safe play though and takes a while to kill things with 3 guns but on a good side, you have plenty of protection against missles. Some pirates can hit you pretty hard at that range though, so Rupture with its bigger PG, drone space and better deffences is much more viable. Specialy considering that it has many more low slots for PG, weapon and armor tanking if you deside to go that route.
Although some people say that speed bonus of stabber makes it good for close range. Never tried that yet. I know, i am chicken :)
|

Siroc
|
Posted - 2004.08.18 21:51:00 -
[14]
Edited by: Siroc on 18/08/2004 21:55:05 with setup i posted range would be around 35-40k depending on amo and your skills. Its designed for safe play though and takes a while to kill things with 3 guns but on a good side, you have plenty of protection against missles. Some pirates can hit you pretty hard at that range though, so Rupture with its bigger PG, drone space and better deffences is much more viable. Specialy considering that it has many more low slots for PG, weapon and armor tanking if you deside to go that route.
Although some people say that speed bonus of stabber makes it good for close range. Never tried that yet. I know, i am chicken :)
|

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 00:46:00 -
[15]
Well, I tried that setup...
But the pirate invasion mission is kicking my ass... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Bhaal
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 00:46:00 -
[16]
Well, I tried that setup...
But the pirate invasion mission is kicking my ass... ------------------------------------------------ "for piece sakes!" |

Ishtari
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 04:49:00 -
[17]
I m using 3 650 s 2 launchers with light missiles and 1 hvy launcher. Med slots afterburner, shiekld extender, shield booster.
The trick with angels is lock all, keep range and take your time.
As soon as they get within gun range you ll get hurt so use a long range setup.
Optimal to do lvl 3 angels is around 40-50 km at that range almost nothing will hit you.
|

Ishtari
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 04:49:00 -
[18]
I m using 3 650 s 2 launchers with light missiles and 1 hvy launcher. Med slots afterburner, shiekld extender, shield booster.
The trick with angels is lock all, keep range and take your time.
As soon as they get within gun range you ll get hurt so use a long range setup.
Optimal to do lvl 3 angels is around 40-50 km at that range almost nothing will hit you.
|

Arzuanne
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 05:27:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Bhaal Ok, here is my base setup. (It changes depending on the mission, but this one is pretty typical)
High Slots
2 x Heavy Missile Launcher I loaded with WidowMakers 2 x 650mm Artillery loaded with Phased plasma (10k optimal) 2 x 250mm Artillery loaded with Depleted Urainium (10k optimal)
Med Slots
Medium Sheild Booster II Y-S8 Hydrocarbon AB Small LD-ACID Cap Battery
Low Slots
F-M12 Weapon Inertial WCS (I was warp scrambled on my first lvl 3 mission) Medium Armor Repairer
I orbit 10k, and just use the sheild booster & armor repairer until I have to warp out, relod, repair & warp back in...
I suggest you drop both the AB and the Small cap battery, as well as the tracking enhancer or whatever "F-M12 Weapon intertial" is, put on shield wards to resist longer and put power diags instead of the armor repairer, but then again I can't fly a rifter, so don't listen to much to me
|

Arzuanne
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 05:27:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Bhaal Ok, here is my base setup. (It changes depending on the mission, but this one is pretty typical)
High Slots
2 x Heavy Missile Launcher I loaded with WidowMakers 2 x 650mm Artillery loaded with Phased plasma (10k optimal) 2 x 250mm Artillery loaded with Depleted Urainium (10k optimal)
Med Slots
Medium Sheild Booster II Y-S8 Hydrocarbon AB Small LD-ACID Cap Battery
Low Slots
F-M12 Weapon Inertial WCS (I was warp scrambled on my first lvl 3 mission) Medium Armor Repairer
I orbit 10k, and just use the sheild booster & armor repairer until I have to warp out, relod, repair & warp back in...
I suggest you drop both the AB and the Small cap battery, as well as the tracking enhancer or whatever "F-M12 Weapon intertial" is, put on shield wards to resist longer and put power diags instead of the armor repairer, but then again I can't fly a rifter, so don't listen to much to me
|

jessica atreides
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 11:37:00 -
[21]
I need help too WIBBLE FLIBBLE HATSTAND!!
|

jessica atreides
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 11:37:00 -
[22]
I need help too WIBBLE FLIBBLE HATSTAND!!
|

RaTTuS
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 16:39:00 -
[23]
Go for long range 40k or so don't orbit use keep at distance - and run - with the A/B if needed - use SB to keep missiles at bay [defenders launching will slow you - though I do like defenders] - all guns on one target until dead - move on to next.
should work...
other things to try - lasers instead of proj - you lose the bonus but if you can keep the cap running - it works pretty well or a moa and lasers
BIG Lottery BIG Deal Damn Sig text length nurf |

RaTTuS
|
Posted - 2004.08.19 16:39:00 -
[24]
Go for long range 40k or so don't orbit use keep at distance - and run - with the A/B if needed - use SB to keep missiles at bay [defenders launching will slow you - though I do like defenders] - all guns on one target until dead - move on to next.
should work...
other things to try - lasers instead of proj - you lose the bonus but if you can keep the cap running - it works pretty well or a moa and lasers
BIG Lottery BIG Deal Damn Sig text length nurf |

Twisted Face
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 09:35:00 -
[25]
I've been doing lv 3 agent missions in my rupture for the last 4 weeks and have no problems at all. between 30-50km from the rats depending how many and what they are.
This is the set up that I use:
High:
3 x 720mm Howitzer (Nuclear ammo/ Phased Plasma if less than 20km) 3 x Heavy Launchers (widowmakers)
Mid:
10mn MWD Medium Shield Booster (Tech 2) F-A10 Buffer Capacitor Regenerator
Low:
2 x Reactor Control Unit 1 1 x Power Diagnostic Unit 1 1 x Co-Processor (Tech 2) 1 x Gyrostabiliser 2
|

Twisted Face
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 09:35:00 -
[26]
I've been doing lv 3 agent missions in my rupture for the last 4 weeks and have no problems at all. between 30-50km from the rats depending how many and what they are.
This is the set up that I use:
High:
3 x 720mm Howitzer (Nuclear ammo/ Phased Plasma if less than 20km) 3 x Heavy Launchers (widowmakers)
Mid:
10mn MWD Medium Shield Booster (Tech 2) F-A10 Buffer Capacitor Regenerator
Low:
2 x Reactor Control Unit 1 1 x Power Diagnostic Unit 1 1 x Co-Processor (Tech 2) 1 x Gyrostabiliser 2
|

Hornymatt
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 10:20:00 -
[27]
Keeping your distance on missions is good general advice i've found. As you probably already know now, keeping your distance on the Gone Berserk mission (and Blockade i think) is a bit more difficult than usual. I warp in at distance then during the first engagement, point my ship back towards my station for a fast warp out so that i can get away quick on the final engagement and redeploy at range.
|

Hornymatt
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 10:20:00 -
[28]
Keeping your distance on missions is good general advice i've found. As you probably already know now, keeping your distance on the Gone Berserk mission (and Blockade i think) is a bit more difficult than usual. I warp in at distance then during the first engagement, point my ship back towards my station for a fast warp out so that i can get away quick on the final engagement and redeploy at range.
|

Pilot
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 11:54:00 -
[29]
I agree with the range thing. I use a Caracal with 5 heavy launchers, mwd, shield extender, shield booster, cap recharger, power diagnostic and overdrive injector.
Most missions are no problem keeping them at 40k or so - the gate mission is more work.
I do some in a thorax with five heavy blasters and drones but that's a bit scarier as you need to get under 5k range for best effect. |

Pilot
|
Posted - 2004.08.20 11:54:00 -
[30]
I agree with the range thing. I use a Caracal with 5 heavy launchers, mwd, shield extender, shield booster, cap recharger, power diagnostic and overdrive injector.
Most missions are no problem keeping them at 40k or so - the gate mission is more work.
I do some in a thorax with five heavy blasters and drones but that's a bit scarier as you need to get under 5k range for best effect. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |