| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Synex
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:10:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Beelzbub Playing Eve about 3 months now. Performed FLAWLESSLY!
Wow... your one of the lucky ones...
Quote: Eve has turned into a piece of crap
Really, truly, you don't have lots to complain about. This *always* happens when a patch is released, and it usually takes a couple of weeks for them to squash all the bugs. Just be glad you weren't around for the Satan-patch of '03... Ooo err.. Those were the days, old legs aren't as good as they used to be... Knee giving me gyp etc. etc.
|

Synex
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:10:00 -
[62]
Originally by: Beelzbub Playing Eve about 3 months now. Performed FLAWLESSLY!
Wow... your one of the lucky ones...
Quote: Eve has turned into a piece of crap
Really, truly, you don't have lots to complain about. This *always* happens when a patch is released, and it usually takes a couple of weeks for them to squash all the bugs. Just be glad you weren't around for the Satan-patch of '03... Ooo err.. Those were the days, old legs aren't as good as they used to be... Knee giving me gyp etc. etc.
|

Tristan
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:15:00 -
[63]
Necro, I have 1gb DDR333, a X800XT 256mb DDR3, and an audigy 2 sound card.
I too only get about 7fps in asteroid belts (on an X800xt!!!)
Press CTRL+ALT+SHFT+F12 when in the belt, woooo - magic your FPS jumps right up. Still not amazing but beats 7fps. Should send you upto 15 to 25fps doing that, much more playable.
Someone say its my system at fault, go on....
|

Tristan
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:15:00 -
[64]
Necro, I have 1gb DDR333, a X800XT 256mb DDR3, and an audigy 2 sound card.
I too only get about 7fps in asteroid belts (on an X800xt!!!)
Press CTRL+ALT+SHFT+F12 when in the belt, woooo - magic your FPS jumps right up. Still not amazing but beats 7fps. Should send you upto 15 to 25fps doing that, much more playable.
Someone say its my system at fault, go on....
|

Arcticblue2
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:32:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Tristan Necro, I have 1gb DDR333, a X800XT 256mb DDR3, and an audigy 2 sound card.
I too only get about 7fps in asteroid belts (on an X800xt!!!)
Press CTRL+ALT+SHFT+F12 when in the belt, woooo - magic your FPS jumps right up. Still not amazing but beats 7fps. Should send you upto 15 to 25fps doing that, much more playable.
Someone say its my system at fault, go on....
Well I play with a 1GB, AMD 1800 +, 128 MB Geforce 4 TI 4200 card... and it plays well out in the fields.... I must admit I have not checked FPS yet but the only problem I did encounter last night mining... was that the roids seemed to be switching from normal to complete black. But no lag or anything.
---------------------------------------------- "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." 1 cor. 13:11 |

Arcticblue2
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:32:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Tristan Necro, I have 1gb DDR333, a X800XT 256mb DDR3, and an audigy 2 sound card.
I too only get about 7fps in asteroid belts (on an X800xt!!!)
Press CTRL+ALT+SHFT+F12 when in the belt, woooo - magic your FPS jumps right up. Still not amazing but beats 7fps. Should send you upto 15 to 25fps doing that, much more playable.
Someone say its my system at fault, go on....
Well I play with a 1GB, AMD 1800 +, 128 MB Geforce 4 TI 4200 card... and it plays well out in the fields.... I must admit I have not checked FPS yet but the only problem I did encounter last night mining... was that the roids seemed to be switching from normal to complete black. But no lag or anything.
---------------------------------------------- "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." 1 cor. 13:11 |

mahhy
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:34:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Tristan Necro, I have 1gb DDR333, a X800XT 256mb DDR3, and an audigy 2 sound card.
I too only get about 7fps in asteroid belts (on an X800xt!!!)
Press CTRL+ALT+SHFT+F12 when in the belt, woooo - magic your FPS jumps right up. Still not amazing but beats 7fps. Should send you upto 15 to 25fps doing that, much more playable.
Someone say its my system at fault, go on....
No seriously, you CANNOT be getting 7fps with a gig of RAM and a X800. Thats just not right...
I've got a gig of RAM and a Radeon 9700 non-pro and a Athlon 2500+. In game I get about 20-25 FPS with full UI visible (except upon initial warp into belt/station/gate). Ctrl-Tab gives me about 35-40 FPS, and CTRL-F9 gives me around 65-85 FPS.
Only times I get low FPS are in large fleet battles or when running FRAPS, and even with FRAPS going I can sustain 10-15 FPS with the UI visible (very slow HD I'm writing the video capture too, if I had a faster HD it'd be better).
It just might be your system. Might be. Not absolutely is, but ruling it out entirely is impossible and foolish. The Eve Client is the same on both our machines, yet your seeing utterly crap performance, and I'm seeing completely accetable performance (in most situations). You even have a more powerful video card. Your machine is of course suspect, why wouldn't it be?
|

mahhy
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 08:34:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Tristan Necro, I have 1gb DDR333, a X800XT 256mb DDR3, and an audigy 2 sound card.
I too only get about 7fps in asteroid belts (on an X800xt!!!)
Press CTRL+ALT+SHFT+F12 when in the belt, woooo - magic your FPS jumps right up. Still not amazing but beats 7fps. Should send you upto 15 to 25fps doing that, much more playable.
Someone say its my system at fault, go on....
No seriously, you CANNOT be getting 7fps with a gig of RAM and a X800. Thats just not right...
I've got a gig of RAM and a Radeon 9700 non-pro and a Athlon 2500+. In game I get about 20-25 FPS with full UI visible (except upon initial warp into belt/station/gate). Ctrl-Tab gives me about 35-40 FPS, and CTRL-F9 gives me around 65-85 FPS.
Only times I get low FPS are in large fleet battles or when running FRAPS, and even with FRAPS going I can sustain 10-15 FPS with the UI visible (very slow HD I'm writing the video capture too, if I had a faster HD it'd be better).
It just might be your system. Might be. Not absolutely is, but ruling it out entirely is impossible and foolish. The Eve Client is the same on both our machines, yet your seeing utterly crap performance, and I'm seeing completely accetable performance (in most situations). You even have a more powerful video card. Your machine is of course suspect, why wouldn't it be?
|

LOLZ
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 13:55:00 -
[69]
i think ones the stupid GUI that seems to be coded by monkey's is sorted out all will be well. never known a game to use that much cpu just to handle the GUI lol reminds me of halflife in that gimpy mode you could pick where your cpu renders everything including the graphics.
|

LOLZ
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 13:55:00 -
[70]
i think ones the stupid GUI that seems to be coded by monkey's is sorted out all will be well. never known a game to use that much cpu just to handle the GUI lol reminds me of halflife in that gimpy mode you could pick where your cpu renders everything including the graphics.
|

Dirtball
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 14:51:00 -
[71]
since 2 patches ago I cannot play 2 accounts at one time anymore, well I can but it will crash in under 15 minutes if I leave both open and do something other than trade with each other in a station.
|

Dirtball
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 14:51:00 -
[72]
since 2 patches ago I cannot play 2 accounts at one time anymore, well I can but it will crash in under 15 minutes if I leave both open and do something other than trade with each other in a station.
|

Alberto
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 14:53:00 -
[73]
Edited by: Alberto on 02/09/2004 14:55:26
Stop downloading p-o-r-n ****ing off society one dumba$$ at a time |

Alberto
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 14:53:00 -
[74]
Edited by: Alberto on 02/09/2004 14:55:26
Stop downloading p-o-r-n ****ing off society one dumba$$ at a time |

Tatayna
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 15:16:00 -
[75]
Originally by: Dirtball since 2 patches ago I cannot play 2 accounts at one time anymore, well I can but it will crash in under 15 minutes if I leave both open and do something other than trade with each other in a station.
You know mine started doing that as well, come to find out my P2P program kicks the accounts, problem goes away if I'm not running P2P while playing. That was my problem not sure if it is yours
|

Tatayna
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 15:16:00 -
[76]
Originally by: Dirtball since 2 patches ago I cannot play 2 accounts at one time anymore, well I can but it will crash in under 15 minutes if I leave both open and do something other than trade with each other in a station.
You know mine started doing that as well, come to find out my P2P program kicks the accounts, problem goes away if I'm not running P2P while playing. That was my problem not sure if it is yours
|

Ulendar
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 15:34:00 -
[77]
Edited by: Ulendar on 02/09/2004 15:38:40
Originally by: Dsty2003 Edited by: Dsty2003 on 29/08/2004 16:28:58 Always blame the developers software, because we all know nothing, and I mean nothing can ever, EVER be wrong with your software/hardware

Lets not get ahead of ourselves...
This game DEFINITLY has issues :P
Software is built on a default calculation. By default X amount of computers will run it flawlesly, if you arent in that number of computers then you may have a few or alot of problems. Then again the problems in this case seem a bit extreem.
Although surely not as extreem as the AC97 soundboard problems that used to occur in EVE. I can't tell howmany times i got a BSOD when firing a gun but it happened ALOT and whent on forever before getting fixed.
Beezle, try to post asmuch info as you can about the stuff in your computer. Chipset details and even manufacturer can be very important, also i suggest you run a decent virus scanner on your machiene and even a spammware scanner...
Originally by: cashman It's time for Eris to get a clue. CCP should make a statement about this.
It's the exact same things as what Zombie did, you may not attack in "safe-areas" (empire/within sentry range) without loosing your ship.
|

Ulendar
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 15:34:00 -
[78]
Edited by: Ulendar on 02/09/2004 15:38:40
Originally by: Dsty2003 Edited by: Dsty2003 on 29/08/2004 16:28:58 Always blame the developers software, because we all know nothing, and I mean nothing can ever, EVER be wrong with your software/hardware

Lets not get ahead of ourselves...
This game DEFINITLY has issues :P
Software is built on a default calculation. By default X amount of computers will run it flawlesly, if you arent in that number of computers then you may have a few or alot of problems. Then again the problems in this case seem a bit extreem.
Although surely not as extreem as the AC97 soundboard problems that used to occur in EVE. I can't tell howmany times i got a BSOD when firing a gun but it happened ALOT and whent on forever before getting fixed.
Beezle, try to post asmuch info as you can about the stuff in your computer. Chipset details and even manufacturer can be very important, also i suggest you run a decent virus scanner on your machiene and even a spammware scanner...
Originally by: cashman It's time for Eris to get a clue. CCP should make a statement about this.
It's the exact same things as what Zombie did, you may not attack in "safe-areas" (empire/within sentry range) without loosing your ship.
|

Shade Widow
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 16:05:00 -
[79]
My friend just bought a computer with 2Gigs of memory and a 4GHZ Pentium processor with his lovely 800Gig 7200 RPM drive Curses....
He beat me 
...I wouldnt mind his liquid cooling system either.... ---
|

Shade Widow
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 16:05:00 -
[80]
My friend just bought a computer with 2Gigs of memory and a 4GHZ Pentium processor with his lovely 800Gig 7200 RPM drive Curses....
He beat me 
...I wouldnt mind his liquid cooling system either.... ---
|

Dirtball
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 18:31:00 -
[81]
Originally by: Tatayna
Originally by: Dirtball since 2 patches ago I cannot play 2 accounts at one time anymore, well I can but it will crash in under 15 minutes if I leave both open and do something other than trade with each other in a station.
You know mine started doing that as well, come to find out my P2P program kicks the accounts, problem goes away if I'm not running P2P while playing. That was my problem not sure if it is yours
No it's not my problem, I have an amd 1.5ghz 512meg ram an ati 9600se 128meg running windows 98, nothing is on that computer other than EVE. Oh well, I'll just do one account then, I can't really think of anything to train on my other account anyway, maybe I'll just move him to dirtballs account.
|

Dirtball
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 18:31:00 -
[82]
Originally by: Tatayna
Originally by: Dirtball since 2 patches ago I cannot play 2 accounts at one time anymore, well I can but it will crash in under 15 minutes if I leave both open and do something other than trade with each other in a station.
You know mine started doing that as well, come to find out my P2P program kicks the accounts, problem goes away if I'm not running P2P while playing. That was my problem not sure if it is yours
No it's not my problem, I have an amd 1.5ghz 512meg ram an ati 9600se 128meg running windows 98, nothing is on that computer other than EVE. Oh well, I'll just do one account then, I can't really think of anything to train on my other account anyway, maybe I'll just move him to dirtballs account.
|

Vladimir Illyvich
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 19:33:00 -
[83]
You people having problems with running two accounts: uncheck sun occlusion on general tab in options.
|

Vladimir Illyvich
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 19:33:00 -
[84]
You people having problems with running two accounts: uncheck sun occlusion on general tab in options.
|

Gaiam
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 20:20:00 -
[85]
Edited by: Gaiam on 02/09/2004 20:22:45 and also when you launch your first client, open task manager and set EVE.exe priority to below normal in processes. then launch eve again.
this will help you run 2 accounts on one client Dirtball. no crashing.
|

Gaiam
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 20:20:00 -
[86]
Edited by: Gaiam on 02/09/2004 20:22:45 and also when you launch your first client, open task manager and set EVE.exe priority to below normal in processes. then launch eve again.
this will help you run 2 accounts on one client Dirtball. no crashing.
|

Krauss
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 20:35:00 -
[87]
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Iece Quaan I think the word you were looking for is 'Ghetto'.
Does this mean EVE has a ghetto bootie?
Well, seriously. If you fire up the Log server before firing up the client and gathering a Directx log too, you can send it to [email protected] and I'll look for it. Put in topic "EVE has big Ghetto Bootie".
Ive played many online games, and Ive yet to see a dev post and offer assistance to anyone except in Eve. Bravo guys.
We also had a member in our corp that had issues with Windows SP2. The pack just recently came about as an auto update if you have your pc set for that.
|

Krauss
|
Posted - 2004.09.02 20:35:00 -
[88]
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Iece Quaan I think the word you were looking for is 'Ghetto'.
Does this mean EVE has a ghetto bootie?
Well, seriously. If you fire up the Log server before firing up the client and gathering a Directx log too, you can send it to [email protected] and I'll look for it. Put in topic "EVE has big Ghetto Bootie".
Ive played many online games, and Ive yet to see a dev post and offer assistance to anyone except in Eve. Bravo guys.
We also had a member in our corp that had issues with Windows SP2. The pack just recently came about as an auto update if you have your pc set for that.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |