| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 9 post(s) |

St Mio
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
805
|
Posted - 2012.05.24 05:29:00 -
[31] - Quote
I don't have a Twitter account, can I call you nasty names here instead? |

Trin Xi
Hedion University Amarr Empire
33
|
Posted - 2012.05.24 06:05:00 -
[32] - Quote
CCP Prism X wrote:So this is all mostly ready on my machine. Station links that autocomplete will complete to Station: ShortOrbitName (M instead of Moon). All types of links can now be FrogholedGäó in the same manner as before. They will not autocomplete on any client and obviously not be translated. Currently I'm having issues with the FrogholingGäó requiring you to delete all of the text used to autolink and I'm trying to work around that because it's annoyingly confusing and I think everyone would appreciate being able to write "Jita IV", link that to Jita IV 4 CNA, and than erase the roman numeral part to only have it display as "Jita" (and never translate, even though that's a solar system name. Can't have your cake and eat it). However, I'm not committing this today and I'm not rushing this out to TQ because this code is brittle. I'm also well out of my comfort zone as a specialized database developer that generally stops touching things once they've been efficiently fetched and properly stored in client side structures. And lastly I remember all the fringe issues I had when doing this in the first place and am mortally afraid of reintroducing them on TQ if this gets pushed out too soon. But this is all happening. Sorry for making you wait, but patience is a virtue! And if wrath is your thing, the offer of calling me nasty names on Twitter still stands!  Read your first post and pictured Mike Wzowski shouting "I'm on the cover of a magaZINE!"
Dibs on Frogholio as an alt name. "I am Frogholio, I demand T3 for my wormhole." |

Jonah Gravenstein
352
|
Posted - 2012.05.24 12:59:00 -
[33] - Quote
Trin Xi wrote: Dibs on Frogholio as an alt name. "I am Frogholio, I demand T3 for my wormhole."
not empty quoting, this is so good I actually chortled.
War hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf the Hairy, High Chief of all the Vikings, accidentally ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside. |
|

CCP Prism X
C C P C C P Alliance
602

|
Posted - 2012.05.24 17:16:00 -
[34] - Quote
St Mio wrote:I don't have a Twitter account, can I call you nasty names here instead?
No, the mods wont like it if I start suggesting people make more work for them. ~ CCP Prism X EVE Database Developer If anything in this post was informative or could be considered as 'good news' to you - chances are you've misread it. |
|

Zagdul
Clan Shadow Wolf Fatal Ascension
780
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 11:48:00 -
[35] - Quote
Prisim X, are you also the person who is responsible for the 'searching' of characters?
For example, when making a contract and finding the recipient for said contract, encapsulate the name with quotes or anything, I still get hundreds of results with similar likeliness to the name.
I'd be cool if I could wrap my alt's name with quotes to narrow down my search results instead of always having to go through a really long list.
A list of fixes for the new inventory
Dual Pane idea clicky |
|

CCP Prism X
C C P C C P Alliance
609

|
Posted - 2012.05.29 11:57:00 -
[36] - Quote
Zagdul wrote:Prisim X, are you also the person who is responsible for the 'searching' of characters?
Partly, my old team did that. I relayed your question to the developer who would know. ~ CCP Prism X EVE Database Developer If anything in this post was informative or could be considered as 'good news' to you - chances are you've misread it. |
|

Open Graves
Lone Star Exploration Lone Star Partners
1
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 12:06:00 -
[37] - Quote
So, this is a lttle bit of topic, but I decided I needed to know what froghole really is it turned me into a furry and here is how thing like this can be just three steps removed.
Step 1 - Google search Froghole and click on random twitter stream of Froghole the Clown.
Step 2 - Click on some random chick that posted a comment in his twitter stream.
Step 3 - Take survey that she linked (I am a sucker for a survey) and learn that I am a mischevious furry, like a fox or something.
Sigh..... |
|

CCP Prism X
C C P C C P Alliance
610

|
Posted - 2012.05.29 12:08:00 -
[38] - Quote
Open Graves wrote:So, this is a lttle bit of topic, but I decided I needed to know what froghole really is it turned me into a furry and here is how thing like this can be just three steps removed.
The internet is a dangerous place. Don't google things if you don't already know the search results.  ~ CCP Prism X EVE Database Developer If anything in this post was informative or could be considered as 'good news' to you - chances are you've misread it. |
|

Virgil Travis
GWA Corp Unified Church of the Unobligated
235
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 12:18:00 -
[39] - Quote
Our easy destinations chat channel is back to being neat and tidy, many thanks  If the Sims all became zombies it would be easy to escape them, just shove them in a room and make them answer the telephone. |

Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 12:40:00 -
[40] - Quote
While "FrogholingGäó" is a good feature, is there a possibility to NOT treat adding space after link as link edition when i write the rest of sentence and enforce auto-completion in that case? |

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University Ivy League
1061
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 15:25:00 -
[41] - Quote
Cathrine Kenchov wrote:I actually really liked this "feature", made linking destination in fleet, or item types in alliance a lot more readable.
:shrug:, an option to keep it would also be nice
Sometimes it was useful that if you typed in "spiced", auto-linked it, it would expand to "spiced wine".
Other times, that causes issues where you want to use a shorter link name for space or clarity.
So I liked it and didn't like it, depending on the situation.
One possible fix is: Why don't we have tooltips that show up when we mouseover link text to tell us what the linked text is linking to before we click on it?
|

Trin Xi
Hedion University Amarr Empire
36
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 15:46:00 -
[42] - Quote
Gotta like that the patch notes mention the "Frogholing autolinks".
http://community.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp |

Aiko Hanomaa
State War Academy Caldari State
5
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 16:59:00 -
[43] - Quote
Open Graves wrote:So, this is a lttle bit of topic, but I decided I needed to know what froghole really is...
It's a natural body of water, bigger than a puddle, smaller than a pond. It may dry out for some month of the year, but is still big enough to be a regular spawning ground for frogs. Hence the name.
|

Prometheus Tantalus
R2 Engineering Ltd
0
|
Posted - 2012.05.29 17:42:00 -
[44] - Quote
New patch has not fixed it...
Frogfailing
Note the ones that were existing are fine (Reb, 31-, EZA, M2- etc.), but the ones I re-edited to stations, then back to systems are not |

Dawne Xi
3D Salvage and Acquisitions
22
|
Posted - 2012.05.30 10:26:00 -
[45] - Quote
CCP Prism X wrote:otherwise the receiver has no way of forming an expectation of what he is clicking. Focusing this part of what CCP Prism X said .. how about this suggestion that I have in the suggestions forum? The ability for us to make what everyone else is linking a custom color depending what the link is?
So in my chat box if I wanted to see ship fitting links blue, and module links as green, and URL links as yellow, I could easily tell by the color I set for each link type, what type of links other people are linking in chat.
Since some I've talked to have been confused.. I want to be able to customize the colors I see links as on my screen, not customize the colors everyone else sees my links as.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=907529
|

Reaver Glitterstim
Dromedaworks inc
135
|
Posted - 2012.06.09 06:45:00 -
[46] - Quote
Could make unedited link names show in a slightly different hue than edited links, and what it really is should be seen on mouseover. -á"The Mittani: Hated By Badposters i'm strangely comfortable with it" -Mittens |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |