| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Shog Hassen
|
Posted - 2004.10.15 14:26:00 -
[151]
From the original post in which the poster professes his dislikes of alts... Quote: and so I bought another account and train both equally.
Ummm.... oh geeze never mind 
|

Shog Hassen
|
Posted - 2004.10.15 14:26:00 -
[152]
From the original post in which the poster professes his dislikes of alts... Quote: and so I bought another account and train both equally.
Ummm.... oh geeze never mind 
|

Scifi
|
Posted - 2004.10.17 17:36:00 -
[153]
Probably going to regret jumping into this but oh well...
I'm a single charecter player. Why? It's mainly a gameplay choice. I don't do a very good job keeping track of wtf my main charecter is doing, and there probably isn't any way I could handle running two other charecters. I Roleplay(badly), I Fight(badly and not PvP due to computer issues), I Mine, and I Build. I'm a jack of all trades and master of none(though damn close on mine/build). This is the choice I have to live with to be able to do the things I want.
Now, do I like alts? Not really, Why? In my mind it hurts the idea of choosing a specialty and the inherent penalties associated with it. I can take weeks training up for scrapmetal processing(and the underlying skills) and this means having to sacrifice being able to train up large hybrid turrets for my BS during the same time. Another player though can have his alt beat his head against the wall training scrapmetal for a builder alt while his main keeps working on getting that next level of turret as a warrior alt. That is my problem, Eve seems to want to both promote specialization yet at the same encourage the limitless possibilities of "you can do anything". With alts the idea of having to pick "Ok do I want to be a better builder or a better fighter" is negated. I guess I just like the old RPG style of "If I train up ranged weapons another level that means I'm not going to be getting another level in magic missile for awhile". To specialize there should be a good get and give up relationship and alts just appear to be a way to work around that system.
|

Scifi
|
Posted - 2004.10.17 17:36:00 -
[154]
Probably going to regret jumping into this but oh well...
I'm a single charecter player. Why? It's mainly a gameplay choice. I don't do a very good job keeping track of wtf my main charecter is doing, and there probably isn't any way I could handle running two other charecters. I Roleplay(badly), I Fight(badly and not PvP due to computer issues), I Mine, and I Build. I'm a jack of all trades and master of none(though damn close on mine/build). This is the choice I have to live with to be able to do the things I want.
Now, do I like alts? Not really, Why? In my mind it hurts the idea of choosing a specialty and the inherent penalties associated with it. I can take weeks training up for scrapmetal processing(and the underlying skills) and this means having to sacrifice being able to train up large hybrid turrets for my BS during the same time. Another player though can have his alt beat his head against the wall training scrapmetal for a builder alt while his main keeps working on getting that next level of turret as a warrior alt. That is my problem, Eve seems to want to both promote specialization yet at the same encourage the limitless possibilities of "you can do anything". With alts the idea of having to pick "Ok do I want to be a better builder or a better fighter" is negated. I guess I just like the old RPG style of "If I train up ranged weapons another level that means I'm not going to be getting another level in magic missile for awhile". To specialize there should be a good get and give up relationship and alts just appear to be a way to work around that system.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |