| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mistress Jita
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 21:36:00 -
[1]
It's common knowledge that doing ANYTHING to evade concord game mechanics is a violation of the EULA.
Stop me if I'm wrong here but isn't concords purpose to stop people from killing other people in highsec? So by suicide ganking, you are using a very simple loophole for concord. Kill before they show up.
Even if the attacker just sits there waiting for concord after, their purpose was to go around concord mechanics by simply popping someone as fast as they can. They knew they weren't "allowed" to attack anyone in highsec. They knew concord would show up to pop them. They still did it anyway, for the purpose of circumventing concord mechanics and getting to kill someone in highsec.
How is this not considered evading concord? How is warping away from concord, any different than suicide ganking a victim before concord can even get there?
To be honest I don't care what the trolls have to say, I'm hoping for a response from a dev so that I can understand CCP's logic behind allowing one customer to ruin another paying customers game experience with no penalty at all. And no there is NO penalty, a suicide ganker INTENDS to be killed by concord.
|

Toriessian
Amarr Void Engineers
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 21:38:00 -
[2]
Tank your haulers. Concord is there to punish criminal acts not prevent them. If your willing to deal with the punishment you can commit the crime.
|

N'tek alar
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 21:39:00 -
[3]
Originally by: Mistress Jita Stop me if I'm wrong here but isn't concords purpose to stop people from killing other people in highsec?
This is why your whole argument is wrong.
CONCORD isn't there to stop people from killing in high sec, They are there to punish anyone who attacks other people, wether they succeed in killing or not, by destroying the offenders ship. ------------------------- I'm not shirtless damnit! |

Intense Thinker
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 21:40:00 -
[4]
I get off when concord blows my ship up... right after I get in the mood by blowing someone else' ship up
Originally by: Hamshoe
Don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining.
|

Echo Degnar
Amarr Ministry of War
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 21:50:00 -
[5]
If Suicide Ganking was a violation of the EULA, the solution would be simple: Prevent players from activating combat modules when targeting another player's ship in High-Sec (with some bits in the code to allow Corp wars).
If it wasn't allowed, it wouldn't be possible. Suicide Ganking is part of the game, not a bug that has existed since launch. --------------- *1) Do CCP, eve-online makers, should make more surver ?
I'm your Alt. |

Grunanca
Beyond Divinity Inc Beyond Virginity
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 21:52:00 -
[6]
CONCORD provides consequence, not protection... This is how it has always been intended to be, else they would prob have fixed it years ago...
|

Toriessian
Amarr Void Engineers
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 21:53:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Intense Thinker I get off when concord blows my ship up... right after I get in the mood by blowing someone else' ship up
Does that make reading/posting about suicide ganking some odd form of literotica?
|

Drakkan Koran
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 22:04:00 -
[8]
You haven't had your playing experience ruined, you've had it enhanced.
Enhanced in a negative way from your current perception, sure. Though isn't it great that such things can be done? Aren't you tempted by the mischief? You've come to talk to 'us'. I think you find 'us' attractive. Come to the darkside, we have cookies. :)
As stated, suicide bombing has been around for a long time, if it was considered an exploit then that exploit would have been patched by now.
|

BuRniZZ
Caldari The Warped Corpe The Volition Cult
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 22:23:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Echo Degnar If Suicide Ganking was a violation of the EULA, the solution would be simple: Prevent players from activating combat modules when targeting another player's ship in High-Sec (with some bits in the code to allow Corp wars).
If it wasn't allowed, it wouldn't be possible. Suicide Ganking is part of the game, not a bug that has existed since launch.
Pretty much this.
If you're worried about suicide ganking: 1: Use courier contracts. 2: Tank your haulers. 3: Don't use t1 haulers.
|

Boomershoot
Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 22:36:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Mistress Jita Stop me if I'm wrong here but isn't concords purpose to stop people from killing other people in highsec?
STOP!
Hammertime ________________________________________ i'd gladly abuse [hr] if CCP implemented it ________________________________________
|

Barakkus
Caelestis Iudicium
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 22:38:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Barakkus on 06/11/2009 22:40:09 nm, others stated it...
anyways
Originally by: Boomershoot
Originally by: Mistress Jita Stop me if I'm wrong here but isn't concords purpose to stop people from killing other people in highsec?
STOP!
Hammertime
|

Miyamoto Isoruku
Caldari The Phoenix Enclave
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 22:41:00 -
[12]
CONCORD provides retribution, not protection.
|

Slimy Worm
|
Posted - 2009.11.06 22:44:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Mistress Jita It's common knowledge that doing ANYTHING to evade concord game mechanics is a violation of the EULA.
Evading getting killed by CONCORD is an exploit; killing someone before getting killed by CONCORD is not.
|

Almrausch
Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 00:53:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Mistress Jita
To be honest I don't care what the trolls have to say
i c wot u did there
|

Intense Thinker
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 01:00:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Toriessian
Originally by: Intense Thinker I get off when concord blows my ship up... right after I get in the mood by blowing someone else' ship up
Does that make reading/posting about suicide ganking some odd form of literotica?
Only when there are plenty of tears I can use for lube
Originally by: Hamshoe
Don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining.
|

Mistress Jita
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 01:29:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Echo Degnar If Suicide Ganking was a violation of the EULA, the solution would be simple: Prevent players from activating combat modules when targeting another player's ship in High-Sec (with some bits in the code to allow Corp wars).
If it wasn't allowed, it wouldn't be possible.
Warping away from concord is against the EULA, yet people can do it, there's no code to disable a ship that has aggressed someone else in highsec. So just because it CAN BE done, doesn;t mean it's allowed or intended...
|

Intense Thinker
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 01:53:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Mistress Jita
Originally by: Echo Degnar If Suicide Ganking was a violation of the EULA, the solution would be simple: Prevent players from activating combat modules when targeting another player's ship in High-Sec (with some bits in the code to allow Corp wars).
If it wasn't allowed, it wouldn't be possible.
Warping away from concord is against the EULA, yet people can do it, there's no code to disable a ship that has aggressed someone else in highsec. So just because it CAN BE done, doesn;t mean it's allowed or intended...
no it's not, as long as they still get you after you come out of warp... though once they show up they do stop you from warping
Originally by: Hamshoe
Don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining.
|

Lt Forge
Pilots From Honour Aeternus.
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 02:13:00 -
[18]
Put your little BPOs in passworded cans, d1ckweeds.. _____________
|

Jesslyn Daggererux
Private Nuisance
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 03:12:00 -
[19]
4/10. got some idiots i see.
Originally by: CCP Fallout
Hola, esta forum es ingles solamente.
This forum is English only. Welcome to my lock. Now please, zip your pants. I don't need a show.
|

Aralieus
Amarr Traumark Logistics
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 03:49:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Intense Thinker I get off when concord blows my ship up... right after I get in the mood by blowing someone else' ship up
Mmm, sweet sweet explosions
Moar plz
Fortune Favors the Bold!! |

Noskill McCheese
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 08:31:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Mistress Jita ...allowing one customer to ruin another paying customers game experience with no penalty at all.
I agree. I'm tired of highsec carebears farming isk 23/7 with zero risk. They have so much isk that they drive up the prices of ships and modules I would like to pvp with, so that they can use them for highsec limousines. CCP, I demand you remove all highsec carebears from the game. After all, they ruin my game experience with their rampant unchecked isk farming. Maybe reduce high security systems to Ammold and whatever ones the other races start at.
|

Lana's Alt
Minmatar Republic Military Skool
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 09:27:00 -
[22]
Good god people...
Obvious troll is obvious... Is the trolling quality that low these days that even something so painfully obvious has managed to fool so many?
Well done Mistress Jita, I look forward to your next troll post as it is indeed fun reading the srus replies.. Can you try and do one about the covops transport being overpowered in lowsec as I haven't seen that one in a while.
♥ Lana.
Istvaan Shogaatsu: As with most such situations the answer is simple: rob them first. |

Boomershoot
Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 09:52:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Lana's Alt Good god people...
Obvious troll is obvious... Is the trolling quality that low these days that even something so painfully obvious has managed to fool so many?
Well done Mistress Jita, I look forward to your next troll post as it is indeed fun reading the srus replies.. Can you try and do one about the covops transport being overpowered in lowsec as I haven't seen that one in a while.
♥ Lana.
in after trolls trolling trolls trolling trolling trolls
trolls ________________________________________ i'd gladly abuse [hr] if CCP implemented it ________________________________________
|

Lana's Alt
Minmatar Republic Military Skool
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 10:49:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Boomershoot
Originally by: Lana's Alt Good god people...
Obvious troll is obvious... Is the trolling quality that low these days that even something so painfully obvious has managed to fool so many?
Well done Mistress Jita, I look forward to your next troll post as it is indeed fun reading the srus replies.. Can you try and do one about the covops transport being overpowered in lowsec as I haven't seen that one in a while.
♥ Lana.
in after trolls trolling trolls trolling trolling trolls
trolls
We need the song dont we
Istvaan Shogaatsu: As with most such situations the answer is simple: rob them first. |

Boomershoot
Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 10:54:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Lana's Alt
Originally by: Boomershoot
Originally by: Lana's Alt Good god people...
Obvious troll is obvious... Is the trolling quality that low these days that even something so painfully obvious has managed to fool so many?
Well done Mistress Jita, I look forward to your next troll post as it is indeed fun reading the srus replies.. Can you try and do one about the covops transport being overpowered in lowsec as I haven't seen that one in a while.
♥ Lana.
in after trolls trolling trolls trolling trolling trolls
trolls
We need the song dont we
MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP FOR GOD SAKE ________________________________________ i'd gladly abuse [hr] if CCP implemented it ________________________________________
|

Lana's Alt
Minmatar Republic Military Skool
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 11:02:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Boomershoot
Originally by: Lana's Alt
Originally by: Boomershoot
Originally by: Lana's Alt Good god people...
Obvious troll is obvious... Is the trolling quality that low these days that even something so painfully obvious has managed to fool so many?
Well done Mistress Jita, I look forward to your next troll post as it is indeed fun reading the srus replies.. Can you try and do one about the covops transport being overpowered in lowsec as I haven't seen that one in a while.
♥ Lana.
in after trolls trolling trolls trolling trolling trolls
trolls
We need the song dont we
MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP FOR GOD SAKE
I've got to admit I do love that song.. Its SLIGHTLY less annoying than the looped one as it actually has a little progression and a tune..
Istvaan Shogaatsu: As with most such situations the answer is simple: rob them first. |

Boomershoot
Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 11:23:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Boomershoot on 07/11/2009 11:24:38
Originally by: Lana's Alt
Originally by: Boomershoot
Originally by: Lana's Alt
Originally by: Boomershoot in after trolls trolling trolls trolling trolling trolls
trolls
We need the song dont we
MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP FOR GOD SAKE
I've got to admit I do love that song.. Its SLIGHTLY less annoying than the looped one as it actually has a little progression and a tune..
How 'bout a bumper sandwich, boogerlips? heh heh heh ________________________________________ i'd gladly abuse [hr] if CCP implemented it ________________________________________
|

Whitehound
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 12:55:00 -
[28]
CCP should change the security status system, reduce the amount of loss for a violation, but not allow for any rectification of the status.
It does it not matter how long it takes to get a save status back. Players will get it back sooner or later. The Hulkaggedon is a perfect example for players who have no use for a save security status. They will welcome such a change (and with lots of shouting). --
|

Daemonspirit
An Android Lust
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 13:05:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Mistress Jita It's common knowledge that doing ANYTHING to evade concord game mechanics is a violation of the EULA.
Stop me if I'm wrong here but isn't concords purpose to stop people from killing other people in highsec?
>STOP<
Your Wrong.
Either good troll, or idiot. I'm actually leaning towards idiot... ôEveryone has a right to be stupid; some people just abuse the privilege.ö |

Damien Klesk
Antiquated.
|
Posted - 2009.11.07 15:28:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Daemonspirit
Originally by: Mistress Jita It's common knowledge that doing ANYTHING to evade concord game mechanics is a violation of the EULA.
Stop me if I'm wrong here but isn't concords purpose to stop people from killing other people in highsec?
>STOP<
HAMMER TIME
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |