| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Elora Narst
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 07:15:00 -
[1]
As many of you know, I have no qualms with scams and scamming.
However, botting/macroing is an entirely different matter, and that is what this post is all about.
For more than a month now one Burnie Madoff has been using an army of a few alts (such as Fresh Minerals permanently parked in Jita) to spam his "missing numbers" scam contracts in local. He is spamming these contracts in at least 4 hub systems, and is doing this 23/7. His spammer characters have autoreject on, of course. Burnie himself is known to be online at times, and does answer to convo requests (though I never had an "honor" to talk to him).
Of course, spamming 23/7, on at least FOUR separate accounts is physically impossible, especially since one cannot copy-paste links to contracts. Burnie's alts spam links, and do it very, very efficiently. Thus, Burnie is using a macro to do the spamming. And he is no better than our Veldspar-mining friend hgjhskahsk in the nearest asteroid belt.
If you see any of Burnie's contracts being spammed in local, make sure to petition both Burnie Madoff and his respective alt PROMPTLY. While it might be technically challenging to prove the macro use (though it is OBVIOUS he is BOTTING), once he accumulates enough gags, we will be rid of him forever. And I would say, good riddance.
Why do I care about Burnie?
- he makes local channels even less intelligible
- he is not smart enough to understand that "missing numbers" contracts will be bought out even without spamming them
- he creates a bad rep for all professional scammers, equating us with EULA-breaking cheaters just like himself
- so far he has been getting away with something nobody else in EVE is getting away with
If you want to help the effort, join the "Petition Burnie Madoff" channel in-game.
But most imporatntly, let the GMs know! Together we can rid EVE of this guy, and make Jita (and Dodixie) just a tiny bit more tolerable.
|

Combat Reporter
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 07:21:00 -
[2]
^^^ THIS.
I fully support Elora in this effort. WAKE UP CCP, BAN THE BOTTERS AND MACROS!
|

S0mveraa
Amarr The Foreign Legion
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 09:00:00 -
[3]
As i've said..and oftentimes experience in jail, one crook, is just as good as another..for the most part ..so ....get over it :D
|

Leaving Eve
Boo Hoo Federation
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 09:06:00 -
[4]
heh. I have an idea that a GM might be involved in the scamming tbh.
|

Abrazzar
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 09:23:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Leaving Eve heh. I have an idea that a GM might be involved in the scamming tbh.
Then send it to internal affairs and not the forums. --------
|

Lexx Khadar
Minmatar Tribal Liberation Force
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 09:54:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Abrazzar
Originally by: Leaving Eve heh. I have an idea that a GM might be involved in the scamming tbh.
Then send it to internal affairs and not the forums.
This. Don't try spreading unsubstantiated rumors.
|

Boomershoot
Caldari Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 10:00:00 -
[7]
TL;DR -> Burnie Madoff Appreciation Thread.
Seriously, you guys just have to black all his alts and you're done.
I, for one, couldn't care less about people spamming in local. Besides, do you have any proof (read PROOF or PROOOOOOOOOOF ) that he's actually using macros? Ofcourse you don't :|
The parrot vortex signature had to go. No hypnotic graphics in signatures please. Shadow. World Domination With Hypnotic Parrots Status: FOILED! |
|

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises Otherworld Empire
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 10:06:00 -
[8]
Best time ever was the time when he spammed a contact that had been accepted hours earlier 
Secure 3rd party service |
|

Alchemist's Alt
Gallente Hysteria Nexus
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 10:10:00 -
[9]
1. Who really reads local 2. You can block 50% of Jita and still local will be flooded 3. Who really cares, it takes one 'block' to personally fix this 4. I am selling 500000 zydrine for 500 million ISK, bulk offer send me ISK and I will contract over the minerals 5. GET OUT OF JITA!! FIRST!! Bring back Derek Chu |

Artemis Rose
Sileo In Pacis THE SPACE P0LICE
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 10:12:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Boomershoot
I, for one, couldn't care less about people spamming in local. Besides, do you have any proof (read PROOF or PROOOOOOOOOOF ) that he's actually using macros? Ofcourse you don't :|
Apparently...
"I don't like what he's doing, thus I boldly declare he is breaking the rules" is all the proof some people need. *** Currently Playing: Trolls from Outer Space Current Equipment: VISAcard chain mail, +2 Amulet of Epic Whine, Self Banstick +2 WTB: +666 E-peen killboard stats |

Hrisantema
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 10:29:00 -
[11]
For proof just visit Jita local and see characters spamming contracts there well beyond time that they have been completed. Wonder why they do this? It is because they are running a spam macro. Macro is stupid and will keep spamming same contract over and over again even after it has been completed.
Players use macros to make ISK from mining. There are also macros advertised on certain sites for trading and ratting. It is not a wild possibility that someone would use a macro for spamming scam contracts only to come back home and find themselves a few hundred mil richer. It does not matter what they are using a macro for. What matters is that they are breaking the rules to get ahead of you in game.
|

Swiftgaze
Elysium Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 11:21:00 -
[12]
I completely agree with the OP.
Burnie Madoff is a slap in the face of the anti macro policy of Eve.
|

Siigari Kitawa
Gallente The Aduro Protocol Talon Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 11:26:00 -
[13]
Well here's the way I see it, apparently it's okay with CCP because they have not taken any action against him, so let's all just use macros to spam Jita. After all, it's okay for Burnie Madoff.
|

Weight What
Gallente
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 11:34:00 -
[14]
How do you know those are his alts...
Originally by: Elora Narst For more than a month now one Burnie Madoff has been using an army of a few alts (such as Fresh Minerals permanently parked in Jita) to spam his "missing numbers" scam contracts in local.
...if you haven't spoken to him to confirm this very important fact?
Quote: Burnie himself is known to be online at times, and does answer to convo requests (though I never had an "honor" to talk to him).
 -----------------------------------------------
Pompous, currently trading as "Weight What". |

Burnie Madoff
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 11:48:00 -
[15]
First off, I would like to clear up some false notions about me, and my being. Let's get one thing straight....I am NOT a bot, macro, or any other sort of thing. Check your logs, and check my posts. Because I am persistent may make me annoying, but it does not make me a bot. Second, you are not the first "genius" to figure out I have multiple account spamming at the same time in multiple systems. Nor are you the first to post an idiotic post in C&P crying like a carebear to "Join together and rid ourselves of Burnie!" I haven't been banned because I am not a Macro.
This is probably more than I should say, but on a side note, I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps. I cant do much anymore, but what I can do is sit around while talking to my family and post a contract with a little text after it, then alt tab and do the same thing again. It isn't rocket science, and it doesn't require a macro or a bot. Maybe something better than the POS computer your parents bought you.
Back on topic now.
In my honest assessment of the situation, I think I either scammed your alt, or you are jealous. Now lets be honest here....I have been selling contracts since May of last year, and I have made over 40 billion doing so-about 30 of which was on this guy. What have you been doing? Oh I know---you have been crying like a carebear, making stupid posts, and bothering GM's with frivolous petitions. And to all you who sit and laugh and call me a "fail scammer" (Yes I do read it, I just choose not to respond) I suppose you have never really seen my contract history. And yes, I have posted contracts a few hours after they were accepted. The person I advertise with, and the person I post the contracts with are different. Therefore, sometimes I don't notice right away a contract has sold. This is my fault, and yes, I could see how it looks bad. But then again. I really don't care what you think. CCP wont take action unless I spam too much, because I am NOT a bot, and I have EVERY right to post there just as you do. Cry moar.
lastly, I want to end by affirming I am not going anywhere....Oh I take breaks now and then.....spamming does get REALLY old. Kinda like level 4s and asteroids for you carebears do. Report me, cry in local, make stupid posts, do whatever you want. However If you wanna talk to me, maybe try making me laugh instead of boring me your stupidity. (i.e. "OMG gais, he is scamming" "You forgot a zero bulk" "NO ONE is that stupid mining" "OMG gais, hes a bot, hurry report it")
Have fun, fly safe, and if you need any good deals on some minerals, I am the man to see. I also have a few PLEX I need to get rid of, though I only sell them in quantities of two.....
Burnie Madoff- Self Proclaimed King of Contract Scams (Except for maybe that dude who got like 80 billion for an Ishtar BPC)
|

Hrisantema
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 11:54:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Burnie Madoff I am NOT a bot, macro, or any other sort of thing. Check your logs, and check my posts ... I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
proof? of course macro owners will say anything to prevent getting banned ... after all you probably bought those macros for real life money
|

OwlManAtt
Gallente Dreddit
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 11:56:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Hrisantema proof? of course macro owners will say anything to prevent getting banned ... after all you probably bought those macros for real life money
Open a petition if you think he's using a macro. Nobody on the forums cares about your INTERNETS ARGUMENT. --- Owl |

Tippia
Reikoku IT Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 12:00:00 -
[18]
1. Why on earth would you care about what's in local chat? 2. Who on earth falls for contract scams?
 ——— “If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡… you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.” — Karath Piki |

Siigari Kitawa
Gallente The Aduro Protocol Talon Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 12:06:00 -
[19]
Honestly if you post contracts after they've been accepted then I can't really give you any points for being detail-oriented and running multiple accounts simultaneously.
You know the moment a contract is accepted because your wallet suddenly has money in it :P
|

Swiftgaze
Elysium Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 12:13:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Swiftgaze on 14/03/2010 12:13:23
Originally by: Burnie Madoff Second, you are not the first "genius" to figure out I have multiple account spamming at the same time in multiple systems.
So you admit to being Fresh Minerals etc. Then you are a macroer, regardless of whether you sometimes interrupt it to talk in local or not. Try to explain why you're posting contracts that were finished hours ago. 
Originally by: Burnie Madoff
Nor are you the first to post an idiotic post in C&P crying like a carebear to "Join together and rid ourselves of Burnie!" I haven't been banned because I am not a Macro.
> implying 100% of all macroers get banned
Originally by: Burnie Madoff
This is probably more than I should say, but on a side note, I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
Thanks for clearing that up. 
Originally by: Burnie Madoff
I cant do much anymore, but what I can do is sit around while talking to my family and post a contract with a little text after it, then alt tab and do the same thing again. It isn't rocket science, and it doesn't require a macro or a bot. Maybe something better than the POS computer your parents bought you.
I can switch on my tv by pressing a button on it. Does that prove that I never use the remote control?
Originally by: Burnie Madoff
blahblahblah I'm supercool
k
What you're saying here is irrelevant. Point me at a macroer that will admit it in the General Discussion.
|

Hrisantema
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 12:37:00 -
[21]
Originally by: OwlManAtt
Originally by: Hrisantema proof? of course macro owners will say anything to prevent getting banned ... after all you probably bought those macros for real life money
Open a petition if you think he's using a macro. Nobody on the forums cares about your INTERNETS ARGUMENT.
already did, and did you?
Originally by: Tippia 1. Why on earth would you care about what's in local chat?
People do check local. That is why local chat scams work. Duh!
Originally by: Tippia 2. Who on earth falls for contract scams?
Stupid people as well as those taking drugs or consuming alcohol. Duh once again 
|

Arvano
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 13:14:00 -
[22]
You can't ask someone to prove they aren't a macro something or other... Burden of proof is on everyone who has made the accusation.
I don't know if it's the same guy or not, but there's one in Amarr local all day, every day, named "Mining Minerals" spamming the same contracts 23/7, 500,000 Zydrine (which is really 50,000) and 2 PLEX for 510mil, but there's really only 1 PLEX.
If this is the same guy, I too think he's using Macros, because I highly doubt that anybody would sit at a computer 23/7, ALT TABBING 4 accounts, typing the same thing all day long for god knows how many months. I don't care if you're a retired veteran with both legs blown off, disabled, whatever, nobody would do that.
HOWEVER, he's been doing it a hell of a long time, and despite all these petitions and reportings, has not been banned, so maybe you're all wrong.
|

Hrisantema
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 13:41:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Arvano You can't ask someone to prove they aren't a macro something or other... Burden of proof is on everyone who has made the accusation.
I don't know if it's the same guy or not, but there's one in Amarr local all day, every day, named "Mining Minerals" spamming the same contracts 23/7, 500,000 Zydrine (which is really 50,000) and 2 PLEX for 510mil, but there's really only 1 PLEX.
If this is the same guy, I too think he's using Macros, because I highly doubt that anybody would sit at a computer 23/7, ALT TABBING 4 accounts, typing the same thing all day long for god knows how many months. I don't care if you're a retired veteran with both legs blown off, disabled, whatever, nobody would do that.
HOWEVER, he's been doing it a hell of a long time, and despite all these petitions and reportings, has not been banned, so maybe you're all wrong.
Yes it is the same guy. The fact that petitions don't get answered does not mean that he is not using a macro. Many players posted here that they reported a mining or courier macro and CCP did nothing about them. I would not be surprised if they don't look into petitions about trading/spamming macroes either.
|

Emperor Serenity
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 13:48:00 -
[24]
could this really be Mia? or whatever her name was ......
you know the one who got slapped for macro spamming scam contracts in every hub there is?
you all know who im talking about
coincedently shes not around much more ...
|

VCBee 2fast2furious
GoonWaffe SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 14:06:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Burnie Madoff
This is probably more than I should say, but on a side note, I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
Not just a botter, but a baby killer as well!
|

Creepy Goat
Schindlers Ignore List
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 14:09:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Creepy Goat on 14/03/2010 14:12:06 I swear everyone who has ever been ridiculed in EvE is a disabled army veteran.
I once asked some guy about his failfailfail fitted faction battleships and T3s, and his response was I AM DISABLED ARMY VETERAN STFU.
Deepest sympathies to those who ARE actually disabled veterans, however the majority that actually play Eve are not going to shout about it at every given oppurtunity.
edit:
Originally by: VCBee 2fast2furious
Originally by: Burnie Madoff
This is probably more than I should say, but on a side note, I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
Not just a botter, but a baby killer as well!
And the baby is brown. Signature removed for editing moderator warning. Zymurgist |

Lindsay Logan
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 15:39:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Burnie Madoff I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps. I cant do much anymore, but what I can do is sit around while talking to my family and post a contract with a little text after it
How "original", the sympathy card.
Guess what, we don't care that you got yourself disabled doing someones else bidding for nothing, and I don't even belive it 
|
|

CCP Shadow
Caldari C C P

|
Posted - 2010.03.14 15:52:00 -
[28]
Off-topic posts removed.
|
|

Epicbeardman
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 16:19:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Burnie Madoff I am a disabled veteran of the United States Marine Corps. I cant do much anymore.
Apparently you have the uncanny ability to survive without sleeping. I think there are a couple of physicians that would be interested in talking to you.
|

Elora Narst
|
Posted - 2010.03.14 19:34:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Siigari Kitawa Well here's the way I see it, apparently it's okay with CCP because they have not taken any action against him, so let's all just use macros to spam Jita. After all, it's okay for Burnie Madoff.
Originally by: Siigari Kitawa Well here's the way I see it, apparently it's okay with CCP because they have not taken any action against him, so let's all just use macros to spam Jita. After all, it's okay for Burnie Madoff.
Basically, THIS. QFT twice for extra impact.
THIS is why he should be petitioned, and THIS is why CCP should wake up, and this is why we should petition this guy.
In your petitions, please do not hesitate to ask a GM if it is OK for you to use a simple macro to do exactly what Burnie does. Such as a macro for a Logitech G15 keyboard, for instance. If it is OK to use such macros, then I will set up a few tomorrow, and I will do it better than Burnie (because I have been scamming people for a longer time).
Otherwise, let's keep up the good work! PETITION!
I am not going to argue with the demagogues in this thread, including Burnie himself. Yes, he is running a macro. Yes, he is going to be vehemently denying it (duh, captain Obvious). He might even (gasp!) alt-post. No, CCP cannot detect keystroke macros programmatically. However, he is still breaking the rules on overspamming the public channels, and he WILL get a temporary gag every time he is petitioned. If he is petitioned enough, he will be removed from our game.
It seems like the spamming intensity has somewhat abated since I have started my campaign.
Don't like it, Burnie? Then play the game like the rest of us. Without macros.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |