| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lashana Wu
Amarr
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 05:08:00 -
[1]
I've been having a lot of trouble with Guristas rats jamming me And seeing as how ECCM doesnt work against them i want to try using F.O.F. missiles
My question is, will F.O.F missiles shoot my squad mates? I don't want to loose my ship to concord if it happens in highsec
What if he remote reps me?
thanks for the advice
|

Sandeep
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 05:43:00 -
[2]
They will not shoot targets that do not have your name in their aggression countdown list.
*If your fleet mate shot you first, your FOF missiles will attack him. *If your fleet mate stole from you (and got flagged as a thief) and you are not in a corp, your FOF missiles will also attack him. *If you attack your fleet mate first, your FOF missiles will also attack him.
That's about it. FOF cannot generate new aggro, only extending or pairing existing ones.
|

Mal Lokrano
Gallente Retribution Corp. Initiative Associates
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 05:57:00 -
[3]
Just note as FoF missiles are sometimes horribad at actually finding their targets. I once took them into a mission once just for giggles and they kept shooting the buildings next to me rather than the mission rats shooting me. It is possible they have been changed since I used them, but not likley. ____________________________________________ When going to a party with wine, women, and song. Always ascertain the vintage of the first two. |

Tau Cabalander
Caldari
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 06:58:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Mal Lokrano Just note as FoF missiles are sometimes horribad at actually finding their targets. I once took them into a mission once just for giggles and they kept shooting the buildings next to me rather than the mission rats shooting me. It is possible they have been changed since I used them, but not likley.
Possibly fixed. Last time I used FoF was on Caldari epic arc last mission. Rats at 185 km. Structures at 0-10km. Missiles only went after the rats.
|

Hoshi
The Einherjar Corporation
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 08:08:00 -
[5]
It depends on how the target is flagged. It will only go after specific structures (generally whose that are listed as having a bounty of 0).
Btw ECCM do work against npcs. There have been numerous tests that prove it. ---------------------------------------- "Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason." |

sethth
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 11:43:00 -
[6]
Edited by: sethth on 01/04/2010 11:44:14
Originally by: Hoshi ...Btw ECCM do work against npcs. There have been numerous tests that prove it.
this ^^
yep...i've used a single conjunctive eccm scanning array, or whatever its called, for a while now. it prevents almost all jamming from frigates and greater than 50% of jamming by cruisers...try the one for your ships sensor type, you'll see the difference.
|

Lashana Wu
Amarr
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 15:44:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Hoshi It depends on how the target is flagged. It will only go after specific structures (generally whose that are listed as having a bounty of 0).
Btw ECCM do work against npcs. There have been numerous tests that prove it.
This is new to me, could you link a patch note or other test?
|

Culmen
Caldari Macabre Votum Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2010.04.01 15:57:00 -
[8]
Here you go CCP does have a bad habit of changing stuff without telling anyone. and further more why do i even need a sig? |

Zartrader
|
Posted - 2010.04.02 02:04:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Zartrader on 02/04/2010 02:05:10
Originally by: sethth Edited by: sethth on 01/04/2010 11:44:14
Originally by: Hoshi ...Btw ECCM do work against npcs. There have been numerous tests that prove it.
this ^^
yep...i've used a single conjunctive eccm scanning array, or whatever its called, for a while now. it prevents almost all jamming from frigates and greater than 50% of jamming by cruisers...try the one for your ships sensor type, you'll see the difference.
Thanks for these posts guys, seems CCP may have changed it and will help on a tricky Epic I'm trying to do solo and I was going to try FOF and/or ECCM. One thing I have noticed (room 5 of Guristas Extravaganza) is in the rare event one NPC jam failing they all give up even trying. I don't know if this is general NPC behaviour though. I wonder if this could make some level 5 missions soloable.
|

Drahreg
|
Posted - 2010.04.02 19:36:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Drahreg on 02/04/2010 19:38:43
Originally by: Lashana Wu I've been having a lot of trouble with Guristas rats jamming me....
The same happened to me. Use drones and set them on agressive. They will attack the jammers first. I had no success with F.o.F missiles.
|

Patri Andari
Caldari Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
|
Posted - 2010.04.03 20:08:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Drahreg
The same happened to me. Use drones and set them on agressive. They will attack the jammers first. I had no success with F.o.F missiles.
It has been my experience that using F.o.F. in concert with drones works well. The missiles will generally target what ever the drones go after. As a variation on this, you can even get them to shoot targets not firing on you! 
Example:
I dual boxed for a while using a Nighthawk and a Drake I "assigned" the Drakes drones to assist and or guard the Nighthawk (tried it both ways) and then activated the F.o.F. missiles. Even though the Drake had no aggro, the missiles went after what ever attacked the Nighthawk or what ever the Nighthawk attacked just like the "assigned" drones.
Hope this helps Patri
I'll Roshambo you for that Titan |

Mal Lokrano
Gallente Retribution Corp. Initiative Associates
|
Posted - 2010.04.05 04:38:00 -
[12]
looks like FOF missiles might not be fully fixed, so be careful using them in missions they may not shoot the targets you want
linky ____________________________________________ When going to a party with wine, women, and song. Always ascertain the vintage of the first two. |

Blood Mage
|
Posted - 2010.05.14 03:02:00 -
[13]
One fun thing that I've noticed in missions is that if there isn't any auto aggro, you frequently can shoot FOF missiles anyways, and the npc's won't aggro you. Not sure if this is any more or less of a bug than the structure bug, but its pretty hilarious when it happens.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |