| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Krathos Morpheus
Legion Infernal
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:00:00 -
[1]
Originally by: CCP Greyscale It is however the most cost-effective PI ship available.
(Seriously though, like with the Zephyr, this is a free gift that looks really cool, and also has a few stats and bonuses just to make it more unique. It's deliberately not supposed to be better for common tasks than other ships, due to the fact that it's free and everyone is given one. Just like the Zephyr is intentionally not better than a Covert Ops ship for scanning, the Primae is intentionally not a better hauler than a dedicated industrial ship that you have to train for and buy. That's not - before anyone jumps in - to say it's useless, because utility is a linear measure not a binary one. You can still use it for moving your PI commodities and command centers. It's perfectly useful in and of itself for certain tasks - it's just not a replacement for a good industrial.)
That is fine when the replacement ship takes as long as the covert ops to be trained, however, when only a few days of training gives you much better options, it's usefulness is reduced to a few days on new characters only and anyone would rate that with a big fat useless overall rating. A magnate, t1 frigate ship can take about 1009 m3 without counting containers. Better align, lesser signature, better travel speed, better regular speed, mwd and two free high slots.
I was waiting to see the final stats thinking that you guys would have thought about it and give something that would at least replace a t1 frigate. It doesn't. About the industrial side, I have setups for low skill characters that kill this ship on the other side too, in case you really need to move your command centers at the same time that PI materials or you need more cargo for you materials (in exchange of a marginally worse signature, you get a much better ship for every need, t1 industrial).
Also we will see how develops it's cost-effective side, because once people start to buy this ships for collectionism purposes, they will not be free to keep and it could be much more better cost-effective to sell it and buy a frigate that will complete the job much more quick and safe.
PS: don't read me wrong, if anything I'm sad to have not a single reason to fly this ship and to have such a nice design and use of ccp's resources go to waste.
Skills required: lvl2 amarr frigate lvl1 astronautics rigging lvl2 hull upgrades Price: 9.5M isk
[Magnate, cargohold] Expanded Cargohold II Expanded Cargohold II Expanded Cargohold II
Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
[empty high slot] [empty high slot]
Small Cargohold Optimization I Small Cargohold Optimization I Small Cargohold Optimization I
EVEwatch Sidebar soon "It is the unofficial force ù the Jita irregulars. " |

Krathos Morpheus
Legion Infernal
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:02:00 -
[2]
Reserved
EVEwatch Sidebar soon "It is the unofficial force ù the Jita irregulars. " |

Aqriue
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:13:00 -
[3]
Quote: Also we will see how develops it's cost-effective side,
The Primae is just a collector's toy. Even an Iteron 1 is superior to it cargo wise and its the most useless of the Gallente Industrials, for under a 750k you could just equip it with meta 0 nano fibers, AB, and a small shield extender
|

James Tritanius
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:18:00 -
[4]
YES BUT THERE IS A GLARING MISTAKE IN YOUR SYLLOGISM; A magnate can also scan better than a Zephyr. 
|

0lIO15
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:22:00 -
[5]
You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
Its free. Don't like it? Trash it. Shut up. Go away. |

Joseph Vacher
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:33:00 -
[6]
Originally by: 0lIO15 You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
Its free. Don't like it? Trash it. Shut up. Go away.
Bah, I was about to say that. Er...your mum!
|

Pesht
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:38:00 -
[7]
Originally by: 0lIO15 You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
Its free. Don't like it? Trash it. Shut up. Go away.
You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
He gave you the present of his opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it. Shut up. Go away.
|

Brick Wolfe
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:50:00 -
[8]
Its a awesome looking ship. Yet stat wise, the modeler just made a beautiful piece of art then tossed it into the fireplace.
Could have just given a retriever a different color scheme for this ship and I would be less agitated.
|

FlameGlow
Rebellion Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:53:00 -
[9]
it's cost-effective because it's free, dividing whatever uslfulness it has by 0 results in infinite cost effectivenes  Well, it isn't really free as it is worth something on the market
Originally by: CCP Manifest Imploding servers are not a part of our business model.
|

Vasundhara
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 17:56:00 -
[10]
Originally by: 0lIO15 You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
Its free. Don't like it? Trash it. Shut up. Go away.
For Christmas you gave me a card with money in it, in return I'm giving you an aweseome looking cell phone (well, one of those fake plastic cell phones full of candy... also, I ate the candy).
|

Krathos Morpheus
Legion Infernal
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 18:12:00 -
[11]
Originally by: James Tritanius YES BUT THERE IS A GLARING MISTAKE IN YOUR SYLLOGISM; A magnate can also scan better than a Zephyr. 
Damn! You're right!, well, not really. The zephyr has at least one special characteristic that differentiates it and makes it useful when compared with magnate on it's intended task (immunity to wh rats). Originally by: 0lIO15 You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
Its free. Don't like it? Trash it. Shut up. Go away.
You have no clue, go to your cave, go! Bad troll, meanie troll! shushhh. Quote: don't read me wrong, if anything I'm sad to have not a single reason to fly this ship and to have such a nice design and use of ccp's resources go to waste.
I'm the kind of guy who is honest about what he thinks, that don't demand anything for christmas, but would change any expensive gift for something that it's useful or appealing to him rather than to lie and hide it in the closet. He'd also be grateful if the gift has no significant economic cost and it's intended as just a gesture. Are you the kind of guy who is happy with a sh!t on a stick just because it's free? CCP has put significant resources on this and I don't like them go to waste. They could have, for example, remade another ship of those that they are going to change like the scorpion. Do I appreciate that they take the time to make a new ship instead? Undoubtedly, but not if the ship is fully useless.
EVEwatch Sidebar soon "It is the unofficial force ù the Jita irregulars. " |

Felix Esperium
Lysergic Distortions Research and Development
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 18:14:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Vasundhara
Originally by: 0lIO15 You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
Its free. Don't like it? Trash it. Shut up. Go away.
For Christmas you gave me a card with money in it, in return I'm giving you an aweseome looking cell phone (well, one of those fake plastic cell phones full of candy... also, I ate the candy).
It's the thought that counts. I appreciate the fact that you are trying to keep me healthy by eating the candy before I could. I will thank you later when I'm not fat.
|

Ulviirala Vauryndar
Gallente Vauryndar Dalharil
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 19:31:00 -
[13]
I was so eager to redeem the shiny new toy that I did so on an alt... then I put it away and I probably won't see anything more than it's icon ever again. Which is unfortunate because it looks very nice, it's a refreshing sight.
Yes, I'll use my Industrials instead. Industrials are there for hauling stuff and they're good at it, that's right. But they can haul all kinds of stuff and are not limited to PI commodities, which I feel is a very viable counter argument to what CCP Greyscale wrote.
The Primae, in my opinion, needs a descent command center and commodity bay to fit the role of "the PI ship" well. Just because it can do a job doesn't really feel like it's perfectly useful for it, even moreso if a plethora of ships can do the same and providing even more utility.
Or I missed the "if you're sitting in this ship it's like having Advanced Planetology at Level 5!" special super secret hidden bonus you can activate by self-destructing all your assets infront of Jita 404.
|

Norath84
Idle Haven
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 19:36:00 -
[14]
Boyfrend gives girfrend a uniqe useless/worthless gift. What hapens next ?
CCP gives Players a uniqe useless/worthless gift. What hapens next ?
|

Brick Wolfe
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 20:03:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Norath84 Boyfrend gives girfrend a uniqe useless/worthless gift. What hapens next ?
CCP gives Players a uniqe useless/worthless gift. What hapens next ?
Boyfriend seems to be eunuch though so the gift is not really leading anywhere...
And half the populous kinda Halfheartedly looks down at this gift and says I really really wish I could use this... for anything actually. it slowly spins a little. But it doesn't produce any good vibrations.
|

1600 RT
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 21:07:00 -
[16]
i hope we will get a ship with some pvp ability some day, something comparable to T1 tackling frig (aka useless)
|

Sidus Isaacs
Gallente
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 22:12:00 -
[17]
Good job wasting your time OP.
Its a ship, it was free, its eye candy, who cares???
Get over yourself, or are you one of those kids who cry when their parent get you the "wring" gift? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://desusig.crumplecorn.com/sigs.html |

Krathos Morpheus
Legion Infernal
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 23:11:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Sidus Isaacs Good job wasting your time OP.
Its a ship, it was free, its eye candy, who cares???
Get over yourself, or are you one of those kids who cry when their parent get you the "wring" gift?
Thanks for your concerns, I did left childhood behind some time ago, thanks. Who cares? As I've already said I do care, as well as any player who would like to use the ship: "I'm sad to have not a single reason to fly this ship and to have such a nice design and use of ccp's resources go to waste". I'll send you the next garbage I find on the street to make you happy, free stuff! But don't think this is a major concern in my life, I just express the facts about the game I enjoy that I don't like. Why do you care? Why do you feel the need to express your indifference? Why do you think all people should be as indifferent as you? Why do you think a ship paid with the money you spend is free? God, I love feeding the trolls. You put a big smile on my face, thanks. :-)
EVEwatch Sidebar soon "It is the unofficial force ù the Jita irregulars. " |

Matches 42
|
Posted - 2010.06.29 23:50:00 -
[19]
Anyone who thinks this new ship is just great, really great, than can I have all the ships in your hanger this wonderful beasty will replace.....?
-see how none of that makes sense? A big Big BIG WTF to CCP! Really guys? Really? Ya can't......you can't even reprocess the darn thing into ANYTHING!
The only bright side to this is that there is finaly something that sux vastly more than the 'rookie' death-trap and 1 frigging unit of Trit you get when you get blown to bits and pod back to station.
And when grandma sends my a little pink bathing suit, I am not ungratefull, or unkind to her....even though I am a 32 year old MALE. Do you know why? Cause grandma is C R A Z Y as bat crap, thats why. CCP isn't. This was more insulting that being given a single unit of Trit. Shame on you!
P.S. now the SP gift was awesome, thanks to the few completely NOT insane and cruel members of CCP that thought of that one. Please go beat the living daylights out of the posers that issued stats to the Hello-Kitty ORE-ship on behalf of ALL the player of this great game.
Cheers!
|

Onic Madres
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 00:13:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Onic Madres on 30/06/2010 00:15:10 I'm going to have to give this one a F. There is no reason for this ship. paying money for the game desinger to make this ship has to be as close as CCP has come to shooting off its own foot. Why would you want a ship that has only 4 low slots and 2 extra cargo holds that have major restrictions on them. Not only are the holds restricted but the ship even with all the holds and cargo expanders on will not even match the 10k rocket pad for resources mined out. This ship is a waist of time for who ever use it for anything but taking a spin in a crappy ship. Im not sure what else i can add to the complaint list other than its small shields, crappy resists, lack of any offence (even mining ships get drones). Also here is an other nugget for people everything you need to do with a command center can be done from a pos, all you need is a big enough hold and you can place your center any where in that system. The only thing this ship has going for it is that it is hard to scan down. but even that is not explained to what degree it will be effective. CCP needs to take one step closer to the key board and realise that no one would have ever desined a ship to be less than what is currently available. flying that ship would be like asking for a crutch that has a built in shoot gun aimed at your good leg, not a good idea. I might be complaining to much but I was excited all day at work just to get the orcas ******ed brother for a ship.
Onic Madres
|

Tyra Storm
Caldari Provisions
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 12:34:00 -
[21]
Saw the design and artwork, thought it looked good. Saw the stats, thought WTF? 100m3 cargo, cool, the 4 low slots must have PI bays like the Zephyrs probe launcher, logged in, redeemed, jumped in for a test spin in station, open fitting - Seriously, WTF??? Fair enough it is free, but to say that it's a specialised PI ship makes me laugh. Either i use the Primae and make 25-30 trips to my customs offices or i use my indy once.
Either make the bays bonused depending upon PI skills or give it a 10k m3 PI bay so it can be used for what it is intended for.
Now i find out that even if i use it, my PI commodities may or may not be able to be put in the bay, which monkey was pounding on that keyboard?
Design - good Graphics - different but ok Stats and slots - Fail
Again, thanks for the gift, looks like i have another hanger queen to add to the collection.
|

Serenthris Landry
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 12:38:00 -
[22]
Troll topic of the week?
|

Dr Fighter
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 12:41:00 -
[23]
fortunatly all the people who are happy with it dont start new threads about it.
it represents programmer and artists time devoted to create somthing special and one off, yet not obstructing the ballence of player build ships that can also fill the same role alot better.
they could have just as well not created this ship and handed it out free, but then im sure the whiners that want to whine will find somthing else, perhaps an AP bug or how PI is smelly all over or w/e
|

Krathos Morpheus
Legion Infernal
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 14:10:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Serenthris Landry Troll topic of the week?
Troll post of the day? Seriously, use your brain. Originally by: Dr Fighter fortunatly all the people who are happy with it dont start new threads about it.
it represents programmer and artists time devoted to create somthing special and one off, yet not obstructing the ballence of player build ships that can also fill the same role alot better.
they could have just as well not created this ship and handed it out free, but then im sure the whiners that want to whine will find somthing else, perhaps an AP bug or how PI is smelly all over or w/e
My thoughts go other way, anyone who is happy with it actually don't have any interest in flying the ship, so they don't care to make a post. Or they make a troll post. Or they give an answer to why the ship is good that do not include the possibility of flying the ship. The problem in my eyes is that ships not designed to beat the Primae, in fact does it (frigate is better). I agree in that any player that commits to PI and hauling should and will have better options to haul the materials. The problem is that even the worst hauling ship that is not specialized does it orders of magnitude better than this specialized ship. And those ships take only a few hours to fly. I believe that any addition to the game should be something that is usable and not worst than the options we have at hand, even if that's true only under certain circumstances (niche role). If you are going to devote time to produce something completely useless, then don't. The only argument I see in favor of the ship is that is free. It's not. I mean, it surely doesn't cost any isk (to acquire the first one), but you have to be paying the game to have it and the budget comes from other features on the game. I'd rather have another useful ship redesigned than a useless ship with the resources it cost. I surely prefer a new useful ship, with reduced usefulness, only to new players or alts, but having only a few hours of usefulness until you train one skill is a joke.
|

Serenthris Landry
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 14:22:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Krathos Morpheus
Originally by: Serenthris Landry Troll topic of the week?
Troll post of the day? Seriously, use your brain.
Seriously? ...Get over it!
|

Krathos Morpheus
Legion Infernal
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 14:40:00 -
[26]
|

Packrat Kuru
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 16:07:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Packrat Kuru on 30/06/2010 16:08:19 The Primae ship would be excellent if the ship got various cargohold bonuses from the planet management skills. For example more command center space for each level in command center upgrades and more planet commodity cargo for each level Planetology.
Originally by: 0lIO15 You are the kind of guy who complains about Christmas presents.
Its free. Don't like it? Trash it. Shut up. Go away.
That's like saying movies on netflix are free.
|

0lIO15
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 16:21:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Packrat Kuru That's like saying movies on netflix are free.
No. Its not. You pay for game time, not items in the game.
Also, OP STFU already. Your nascent trolling is overly long. You can accomplish more with less. |

Serenthris Landry
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 16:26:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Krathos Morpheus
Nice deflection but we all know you're just jumping on the latest hot topic, so you can whine about it for the lolz!
|

Kryxal
|
Posted - 2010.06.30 16:47:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Matches 42 The only bright side to this is that there is finaly something that sux vastly more than the 'rookie' death-trap and 1 frigging unit of Trit you get when you get blown to bits and pod back to station.
If you want silly, I received that rookie death-trap for taking my pod to another region to buy a new ship ... I didn't want to have to bother with leaving one ship or the other there. Anyway, I docked and received a brand new deathtrap, then bought the ship I wanted...
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |