| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Demordray
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:23:00 -
[1]
I have been playing eve for a little over a year. I've reached that point where everything seems to take 20-30+ days to train. Essentially your month subscription goes to waiting for that skill to finish. I would love for them to impliment a way to help the training times. I had a few ideas and wanted to hear everyones thoughts on the matter.
My first idea and probably the less realistic was adding skill books such as battlecruiser 5 or caldari battleship 5 for example and have them be attainable through isk or loyalty points from the appropriate factions.
My second idea, which is a little more realistic is allow you to donate your isk or loyalty points to perhaps a new faction in the game. For example 250k isk will get you 1 months worth of training points. The reason I'm saying 250k isk, thats about the average going rate for a plex, which is 1 month of game time. Even if its higher than 250k it would still be worth while. I think making it isk based would be beneficial to all and not single out pirates and miners. Since a good pirate always makes a profit off of ransoms and a miner makes a profit afking in an astroid belt, even scammers can benefit.
I think I as well many others want to quit the game at this point because the training times are too long and its not worth paying to play with such a slow character progression.
|

Gladys Pank
Amarr Trillionaire High-Rollers Suicidal Bassoon Orkesta
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:28:00 -
[2]
No.
|

Sourpsalm
Gallente Pubs 'n Clubs
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:29:00 -
[3]
I pay my monthly sub to play the game, not wait for skills to finish but that's just me.
|

Zions Child
Caldari Carthage Industries
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:40:00 -
[4]
Stealth "OMG CCP WILL LETS US BUY SP'S" Troll thread detected.
Go back under your bridge, troll!
Originally by: CCP Shadow *snip* Castration successful. Shadow.
|

Demordray
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:43:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Zions Child Stealth "OMG CCP WILL LETS US BUY SP'S" Troll thread detected.
Go back under your bridge, troll!
Its just a thought and I want to see where others stand on the subject, no need to get nasty about it, If the majority feel its fine the way it is then no need to change it, but if the majority want it changed then why not? I feel like I pay to play, not pay to wait. Its an awesome concept of rewarding those who do play more but still allowing the afk train time to continue. Reward those who work hard.
|

Amanda Mor
Gallente
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:48:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Sourpsalm I pay my monthly sub to play the game, not wait for skills to finish but that's just me.
You're crazy - the $15/mth is strictly so you can watch the progress bar on your skill training screen. I don't know what the hell game you're playing... ---------------------------------------------- I don't have an alt, but there's a main that would be upset if he heard me say that... |

Demordray
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:54:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Amanda Mor
Originally by: Sourpsalm I pay my monthly sub to play the game, not wait for skills to finish but that's just me.
You're crazy - the $15/mth is strictly so you can watch the progress bar on your skill training screen. I don't know what the hell game you're playing...
Ha ha i know right, i mean its cool to watch that notch move but it only holds my attention for so long, then it shifts to the paint on the wall drying.
|

Akita T
Caldari Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 05:56:00 -
[8]
Dear moron and/or troll, whichever forum subspecies you may belong to, If everything "seems to take 20-30 days to train", it's because you're trying to hyperspecialize into a single niche, and that's by design, it's not supposed to be easy//fast to reach the absolute maximum of any ship's abilities. As for your ideas, anything that allows you to "grind SP" in any imaginable fashion is bad, regardless of what it might be or how it's disguised. Also, if you're only paying to advance in SP total or sum of trained levels, you might as well freaking quit RIGHT NOW, because this game is not for you. SP are the means to an end, not the end itself. In closing, short version : NO. Long version : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo........
_
Beginner's ISK making guide | Manufacturer's helper | All about reacting _
|

Demordray
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 06:01:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Akita T Dear moron and/or troll, whichever forum subspecies you may belong to, If everything "seems to take 20-30 days to train", it's because you're trying to hyperspecialize into a single niche, and that's by design, it's not supposed to be easy//fast to reach the absolute maximum of any ship's abilities. As for your ideas, anything that allows you to "grind SP" in any imaginable fashion is bad, regardless of what it might be or how it's disguised. Also, if you're only paying to advance in SP total or sum of trained levels, you might as well freaking quit RIGHT NOW, because this game is not for you. SP are the means to an end, not the end itself. In closing, short version : NO. Long version : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo........
My current thought right now is to quit the game, i love the game play but hate the time spent having to wait so long on everything. I understand that its not suppose to be easy but come on 30 days for 1 skill? Thats a little too long. Its one thing to pay $15 a month, its another thing to have to wait that whole month for a skill to finish. I'd rather just pay my 15 bucks and not have to wait so long. And what the hell is with the troll crap its a legit topic to find where people stand, a simple yes or no will do.
|

sasabor
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 06:17:00 -
[10]
short answer is noway
Secondly don't stop playing because of this
Both my main characters just had long training ques finished , my missionrunning account finished training for marauders and all relevant skill and my industrial account just finished training jumpcalibration lvl5 both took a few months of training to reach this level and i m proud and glad i did it. Remember Rome wasn't build in a day either, for me i am happy with my main characters even both are still under the 20 mil sp , but sitting out a long skill que is a acomplishment and a milestone
|

Destruct0
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 06:23:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Akita T
Long version : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo........
I approve of Akita's long version. +1
|

Akita T
Caldari Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 06:44:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Akita T on 06/07/2010 06:45:21
Originally by: Demordray [...] but hate the time spent having to wait so long on everything. I understand that its not suppose to be easy but come on 30 days for 1 skill? Thats a little too long. Its one thing to pay $15 a month, its another thing to have to wait that whole month for a skill to finish.
If it takes ~30 days to train a skill, you either have cheap implants, lousy learning skills and inappropriate attributes OR you're training something like <racial> Battleship to Level 5 (or some other rank 8 skill). And no, one month for such a skill to L5 is nowhere near "too long". For the other thing : get better implants, train learnings higher, remap to maximize desired skillsets. If you don't like waiting, and you just have to have it NOW, then get enough ISK and buy a character with all your desired skills trained to the desired levels, if you can find one you can afford.
P.S. You don't "NEED" such a high-rank skill to L5. You just prefer to have it. It's not an absolute necessity. So yes, you have to wait (or pay somebody else who waited).
_
Beginner's ISK making guide | Manufacturer's helper | All about reacting _
|

Serpents smile
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 06:51:00 -
[13]
I have two characters one from 2007 and one from 2008 both have plenty of short skills still to train. You are doing something wrong OP. Or as Akita T suggests bad implants with badly distributed attributes.
|

Gladys Pank
Amarr Trillionaire High-Rollers Suicidal Bassoon Orkesta
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 06:58:00 -
[14]
All the OP is doing is trolling. I'm amazed seemingly intelligent people get into a discussion with people of his kind.
|

Starship Roughneck
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:18:00 -
[15]
There is absolutely nothing wrong with how we play the game now as far as training times are concerned. If you want a quick fix, go play something else.
|

TheBlueMonkey
Gallente Priory Of The Lemon Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:23:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Akita T Dear moron and/or troll, whichever forum subspecies you may belong to, If everything "seems to take 20-30 days to train", it's because you're trying to hyperspecialize into a single niche, and that's by design, it's not supposed to be easy//fast to reach the absolute maximum of any ship's abilities. As for your ideas, anything that allows you to "grind SP" in any imaginable fashion is bad, regardless of what it might be or how it's disguised. Also, if you're only paying to advance in SP total or sum of trained levels, you might as well freaking quit RIGHT NOW, because this game is not for you. SP are the means to an end, not the end itself. In closing, short version : NO. Long version : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo........
I'm so glad your char's female Akita because I love you so much it makes my bagingle tingle --
Nothing is worthless, you may have gotten it for free but it still has an inherent value
|

Demordray
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:34:00 -
[17]
Eh i think ill just play a different game, i am actually training battleship 5, have all the second tier learning skills to 4 but dont feel like training them any higher and have +3 implants across the board, remap has been done this year for willpower and perception. Still takes too long, not worth waiting 3-4 months for marauders. My bad for ruining all of your days, with your responses either you all have gone through hell today or are just generally miserable people, i cant blame you for being miserable with having to wait months to slowly progress through a game lol.
|

Lothros Andastar
Gallente
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:37:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Demordray Eh i think ill just play a different game, i am actually training battleship 5, have all the second tier learning skills to 4 but dont feel like training them any higher and have +3 implants across the board, remap has been done this year for willpower and perception. Still takes too long, not worth waiting 3-4 months for marauders. My bad for ruining all of your days, with your responses either you all have gone through hell today or are just generally miserable people, i cant blame you for being miserable with having to wait months to slowly progress through a game lol.
Please, Go Back to WoW and make sure to brain yourself on the doorframe on the way out.
Hold on, can you brain something with no brains? 
|

TheBlueMonkey
Gallente Priory Of The Lemon Atlas Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:40:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Demordray Eh i think ill just play a different game, i am actually training battleship 5, have all the second tier learning skills to 4 but dont feel like training them any higher and have +3 implants across the board, remap has been done this year for willpower and perception. Still takes too long, not worth waiting 3-4 months for marauders. My bad for ruining all of your days, with your responses either you all have gone through hell today or are just generally miserable people, i cant blame you for being miserable with having to wait months to slowly progress through a game lol.
Can I have your stuff? --
Nothing is worthless, you may have gotten it for free but it still has an inherent value
|

Simeon Tor
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:44:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Demordray For example 250k isk will get you 1 months worth of training points. The reason I'm saying 250k isk, thats about the average going rate for a plex, which is 1 month of game time.
WTB: 60xPLEX for 250,000 ISK
|

Gladys Pank
Amarr Trillionaire High-Rollers Suicidal Bassoon Orkesta
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:46:00 -
[21]
Originally by: TheBlueMonkey
Originally by: Demordray Eh i think ill just play a different game, i am actually training battleship 5, have all the second tier learning skills to 4 but dont feel like training them any higher and have +3 implants across the board, remap has been done this year for willpower and perception. Still takes too long, not worth waiting 3-4 months for marauders. My bad for ruining all of your days, with your responses either you all have gone through hell today or are just generally miserable people, i cant blame you for being miserable with having to wait months to slowly progress through a game lol.
Can I have your stuff?
He doesn't have any since all he ever does is sit waiting for skills to finish.
|

baltec1
Antares Shipyards Circle-Of-Two
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 07:48:00 -
[22]
Instant gratification monkey spotted.
|

Lost Greybeard
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 08:25:00 -
[23]
If you're serious, I advise picking something you haven't done before and training into it. Start learning to build all the ships you use if you're a fighter, start learning to use all the ships you build if you're an industrialist. If you've got both, learn you some astrometrics and go exploring. If you've got that, too, roll up some stealth missile boats. Got that, too? Expand so you can fly all types of frigates.
Got that, too? No you don't, you lying son of a *****, that's waay over a year of training time.
Anyhow, there should be plenty of stuff with training times well below 20 days. Go get all your 1x support skills to 5 (3-4 days each) if nothing else. |

Akita T
Caldari Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 08:34:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Gladys Pank
Originally by: TheBlueMonkey Can I have your stuff?
He doesn't have any since all he ever does is sit waiting for skills to finish.
On the other hand, I have the opposite "problem"... I have all the SP I actually need and then some (plus a lot of skills that I'd like to have trained, but none in a hurry, so I never really know which ones to train next), and I basically put up skills to train (because, well, why not) while being busy with completely different stuff (like, market orders, for instance).
Then again, I only have two rank 6 skills trained to L5 (Battlecruisers and AWU) and 5 rank 5 skills to L5 (four of them being the racial cruiser skills), no higher-ranked skills to L5 and no immediate plans for any other high-rank skills to L5 either... although I suppose that at some point I might actually train one of the racial battleship skills to L5, it doesn't really appeal to me that much at the moment (since, meh, I don't really like flying ships larger than battlecruiser class), maybe when I want to take a quasi-break from EVE, or if I ever change my mind about BS-class or larger ships (my current opinion being "they're not fun"... and eww, capital ships, hell no, that's even worse fun-wise).

|

FoxtrotOff
Hidden Agenda Deep Space Engineering
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 08:58:00 -
[25]
So your paying your monthly sub to watch a bunch of bars/dots/numbers go up? I think your in the wrong game my friend, can i suggestthis lil linky
Much better for you, plenty of bars/numbers to go up and no monthly fee, enjoy to your hearts content for hours on end.
Also, fail thread, go away troll. |

Dodgy Past
Amarr Trans-Solar Works Rooks and Kings
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 09:03:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Akita T Edited by: Akita T on 06/07/2010 06:48:00 You don't "NEED" such a high-rank skill to L5. You just prefer to have it. It's not an absolute necessity. So yes, you have to wait (or pay somebody else who waited).
Logistics V wants to have a word with you ;) |

Isil Rahsen
Gallente Ferrum Superum
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 09:07:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Demordray Edited by: Demordray on 06/07/2010 05:44:26 I have been playing eve for a little over a year. I've reached that point where everything seems to take 20-30+ days to train. Essentially your month subscription goes to waiting for that skill to finish. I would love for them to impliment a way to help the training times. I had a few ideas and wanted to hear everyones thoughts on the matter.
My first idea was adding skill books such as battlecruiser 5 or caldari battleship 5 for example and have them be attainable through isk or loyalty points from the appropriate factions and sellable on the market. This would allow the market to be set by players.
My second idea, which is a little more realistic is allow you to donate your isk or loyalty points to perhaps a new faction in the game. For example 250k isk will get you 1 months worth of training points. The reason I'm saying 250k isk, thats about the average going rate for a plex, which is 1 month of game time. Even if its higher than 250k it would still be worth while. I think making it isk based would be beneficial to all and not single out pirates and miners. Since a good pirate always makes a profit off of ransoms and a miner makes a profit afking in an astroid belt, even scammers can benefit.
I think I as well many others want to quit the game at this point because the training times are too long and its not worth paying to play with such a slow character progression.
Haven't you heard? When they remove learning skills they are going to slash training times to a quarter of what they are now to compensate! |

Venkul Mul
Gallente
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 09:14:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Demordray Eh i think ill just play a different game, i am actually training battleship 5, have all the second tier learning skills to 4 but dont feel like training them any higher and have +3 implants across the board, remap has been done this year for willpower and perception. Still takes too long, not worth waiting 3-4 months for marauders. My bad for ruining all of your days, with your responses either you all have gone through hell today or are just generally miserable people, i cant blame you for being miserable with having to wait months to slowly progress through a game lol.
1) +4 and even +5 implants are cheap enough. If you are short on cash place only those you need on your empire clone and try to use it most of the time;
2) Battleship 5 . So practically one of the highest cost sub capital skill and something you usually train only to get in T2 BS or because you want to be one of the top pilots in that ship class. It is not and should be not a "cheap" skill.
I suppose you have trained in a fucused way to get there. So in a year you are the equivalent of me (5 years old character) piloting that class of ships. I don't see any reason to protest.
And, BTW, with <racial> ship to 4 and all the support skills you are a very competent pilot and can do anything a BS pilot can do in EVE.
Last a GTC is 300+ millions not thousands (K). |

Mashie Saldana
Red Federation
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 09:37:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Demordray For example 250k isk will get you 1 months worth of training points. The reason I'm saying 250k isk, thats about the average going rate for a plex, which is 1 month of game time.
WTB PLEX for 250k ISK. |

Potato IQ
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 09:48:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Dodgy Past
Originally by: Akita T Edited by: Akita T on 06/07/2010 06:48:00 You don't "NEED" such a high-rank skill to L5. You just prefer to have it. It's not an absolute necessity. So yes, you have to wait (or pay somebody else who waited).
Logistics V wants to have a word with you ;)
As do the skills required for the various marauder class
|

Antihrist Pripravnik
4S Corporation Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 10:35:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Demordray I have been playing eve for a little over a year. I've reached that point where everything seems to take 20-30+ days to train. Essentially your month subscription goes to waiting for that skill to finish.
I know how you feel, but you're wrong about the waiting part. You don't wait for the skill to finish - you play and enjoy the game. If your relevant skills take that much time to complete, that means your character is decently skilled and have many options and things it can do in the game.
Your first idea has been mentioned more than a few times before and the answer is still - no. You shouldn't be able to obtain skill points in any way other than training them. This is EVE. There's no grinding for skill points and there will never be.
Your second idea is as bad as the first one for the reasons already explained.
If you don't like the character progression to the point where you hate playing this game, then please do yourself and us a favor and find another game that will be fun for you. |

Akita T
Caldari Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 10:35:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Dodgy Past Logistics V wants to have a word with you ;)
That's only rank 6. For me it would be 22 days, and I'm nowhere near maxed in per/wil (I actually have 9/9/9/9/3cha).
_
Beginner's ISK making guide | Manufacturer's helper | All about reacting _
|

Spartan Colonol
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:13:00 -
[33]
Troll feed..
4 suggestions, which i honestly shouldnt be listing if you've been playing for a year. 1. Buy implants, 500mil isn't expensive.. or use +4's 2. Train ALL your learning skills to 4/5, should have done this already but hey if you havnt why the thread? 3. Dont nerf your own attributes by thinking 'equal distribution is the way forward' if you have a ramap available use it wisely! 4. Actually play the game, booting up EVE every 2 weeks to check your skill set is a waste of money. Find something to do.
99/100 people who actively play eve will tell you to do the exact same thing. |

Illwill Jill
Gallente Nifelhem
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:14:00 -
[34]
I agree with the OP. There should be some kind of system that made you achieve skills faster. Perhaps a skill that make you train other skills faster. |

FoxtrotOff
Hidden Agenda Deep Space Engineering
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:19:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Illwill Jill I agree with the OP. There should be some kind of system that made you achieve skills faster. Perhaps a skill that make you train other skills faster.
These are called LEARNING & ADVANCED LEARNING skills.
Go look them up on the market, or heaven forbid, evemon |

Wacktopia
Dark Side Of The Womb Focused Intentions
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:26:00 -
[36]
Edited by: Wacktopia on 06/07/2010 11:27:33
Originally by: Demordray Edited by: Demordray on 06/07/2010 05:44:26 I have been playing eve for a little over a year. I've reached that point where everything seems to take 20-30+ days to train. Essentially your month subscription goes to waiting for that skill to finish.
I have been playing eve for a little over 2 years. I've reached that point where everything seems to take 100+ days to train. Essentially my month subscription goes to playing the game.
Originally by: Demordray For example 250k isk will get you 1 months worth of training points.
Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Ahem. Ha! So... so.. wait! A $35 double-plex (about 600 mil) will give me.... *counts fingers*... 2400 months training time. BRING IT ON!!!
Edit: 600,000,000 / 250,000 = 2400 |

Jennifer Fenring
Amarr
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:28:00 -
[37]
I think with all the new skills in every expansion the general skilling up speed may use a boost so that the max SP/hour goes from 2,770 SP/hr to say 4,000 SP/hr with max learning, +5s and perfect remaps.
Since the road got longer and longer we may use a newer and faster model car too so to speak. |

Wacktopia
Dark Side Of The Womb Focused Intentions
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:37:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Jennifer Fenring I think with all the new skills in every expansion the general skilling up speed may use a boost so that the max SP/hour goes from 2,770 SP/hr to say 4,000 SP/hr with max learning, +5s and perfect remaps.
Since the road got longer and longer we may use a newer and faster model car too so to speak.
Longer road = More specialisations. We don't need a faster model, analogy boy. |

Nisanthro
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:55:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Gladys Pank No.
No. |

mechtech
SRS Industries SRS.
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:57:00 -
[40]
Hell no. |

Scott Ryder
Amarr art of eve Gunmen of the Apocalypse
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 11:58:00 -
[41]
Edited by: Scott Ryder on 06/07/2010 12:02:18 Yes this sounds smart 
If 300 mil isk plex adds one month of training time:
100b Isk into training would then give you 27 years of skilltraining :) Yes thats really smart.. We should impliment something like that RIGHT away.
Edit: 27 years - 513216000 skillpoints assuming you train atleast 2200 sp/h, it sounds like a great idea to me 
|

Sir Rush
Caldari Sirrush Holdings And Industries Inc.
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 12:10:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Demordray For example 250k isk will get you 1 months worth of training points. The reason I'm saying 250k isk, thats about the average going rate for a plex, which is 1 month of game time. Even if its higher than 250k it would still be worth while.
Good sir, where do you purchase your PLEXs? I'd like some 250k PLEXs too!  |

Kohana Chayton
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 12:34:00 -
[43]
I must respectfully disagree with the OP concerning skill training. If you feel you have been 'wasting' your time while you wait for a skill to finish training, then your doing it wrong.
RL example incoming:
Do you go to school to learn a trade (lets say, becoming a Proctologist) and expect to be able to learn it in just a few weeks? No.. it takes *gasp* YEARS to learn. Yet you come into a game where learning is how you progress, and expect to know it all in just a few short weeks and because you *gasps again* have to take the time to LEARN stuff to become expert in it (Specialist:Proctologist) you want it changed to an immediate gratification of your whims.
One of the reasons I personally LIKE Eve is because of the method of skill advancement. It's often slow, sometimes a pita, and you frequently find more stuff you need/want and have to switch about, but at NO TIME are you cemented into anything unless you make the choice to be.
So OP.. I vote NO to both your suggestions. |

Killstealing
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 12:36:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Demordray The reason I'm saying 250k isk, thats about the average going rate for a plex, which is 1 month of game time.
PLEXes are 250k? Sign me up! |

Mazzarins Demise
Profit Development and Research Association
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 12:51:00 -
[45]
Sadly, as this game increases in popularity, more of these muppets/threads will come out of the woodwork. |

ObviousTroll Alt
Gallente Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:07:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Mazzarins Demise Sadly, as this game increases in popularity, more of these muppets/threads will come out of the woodwork.
I think a lot of these types come from Free2Play (Pay2Win) games where there is a cash shop/item store and they are used to buying their progress to uberness and when faced with something as simple and basic as time based progression, become incensed that their skills progress is determined by the clock, rather than their wallets (or mommies purse in many cases).
 |

Killstealing
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:08:00 -
[47]
Originally by: ObviousTroll Alt
Originally by: Mazzarins Demise Sadly, as this game increases in popularity, more of these muppets/threads will come out of the woodwork.
I think a lot of these types come from Free2Play (Pay2Win) games where there is a cash shop/item store and they are used to buying their progress to uberness and when faced with something as simple and basic as time based progression, become incensed that their skills progress is determined by the clock, rather than their wallets (or mommies purse in many cases).

"But I want to win NOW! Not in a while! MOOOOOOOOOOM!!" |

ObviousTroll Alt
Gallente Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:12:00 -
[48]
Edited by: ObviousTroll Alt on 06/07/2010 13:13:13
Originally by: Killstealing
Originally by: ObviousTroll Alt
Originally by: Mazzarins Demise Sadly, as this game increases in popularity, more of these muppets/threads will come out of the woodwork.
I think a lot of these types come from Free2Play (Pay2Win) games where there is a cash shop/item store and they are used to buying their progress to uberness and when faced with something as simple and basic as time based progression, become incensed that their skills progress is determined by the clock, rather than their wallets (or mommies purse in many cases).

"But I want to win NOW! Not in a while! MOOOOOOOOOOM!!"
Don't make me turn this ship around and go home!
Just wait until your Father hears about this!
|

Raydn James
Erlang Biolabs Mass - Effect
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:19:00 -
[49]
Originally by: Demordray
My current thought right now is to quit the game, i love the game play but hate the time spent having to wait so long on everything. I understand that its not suppose to be easy but come on 30 days for 1 skill? Thats a little too long. Its one thing to pay $15 a month, its another thing to have to wait that whole month for a skill to finish. I'd rather just pay my 15 bucks and not have to wait so long. And what the hell is with the troll crap its a legit topic to find where people stand, a simple yes or no will do.
I've been playing for nearly 5 years, like many others in this thread. I DID hyper-specialize and have never crosstrained a race. Pure gallente through and through. There are plenty of 30+ day skills to train out there, but it was my choice to train them.
I could have easily trained into any of the other 3 races. I could have spent more time on exploration. I could have moved into mining and construction (which I did, on another hyper-specialized industrial character)
Try starring down the barrel of Outpost construction 5 at 80+ days or Titan 5.
To say that after a year you have nothing to train that isn't 30+ days is incorrect, you just choose to not train other things.
Also, you can still go do things while the training continues. Lord knows I didn't station spin the entire way through logistics 5 or BS 5, or HAC 5, etc....
tl;dr - grow a set, leave the station and play the game.
|

Ana Vyr
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:27:00 -
[50]
This game isn't for everybody, folks. Why not simply respect the man's desire to play something else, instead of ridiculing him. Everyone has had a moment when they've said....dammit this is taking too bloody long to train!
|

Dylatar
Gallente Ocean Eleven
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:30:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Dylatar on 06/07/2010 13:31:55
Originally by: Demordray Edited by: Demordray on 06/07/2010 05:44:26 I have been playing eve for a little over a year. I've reached that point where everything seems to take 20-30+ days to train. Essentially your month subscription goes to waiting for that skill to finish. I would love for them to impliment a way to help the training times. I had a few ideas and wanted to hear everyones thoughts on the matter.
My first idea was adding skill books such as battlecruiser 5 or caldari battleship 5 for example and have them be attainable through isk or loyalty points from the appropriate factions and sellable on the market. This would allow the market to be set by players.
My second idea, which is a little more realistic is allow you to donate your isk or loyalty points to perhaps a new faction in the game. For example 250k isk will get you 1 months worth of training points. The reason I'm saying 250k isk, thats about the average going rate for a plex, which is 1 month of game time. Even if its higher than 250k it would still be worth while. I think making it isk based would be beneficial to all and not single out pirates and miners. Since a good pirate always makes a profit off of ransoms and a miner makes a profit afking in an astroid belt, even scammers can benefit.
I think I as well many others want to quit the game at this point because the training times are too long and its not worth paying to play with such a slow character progression.
When I read this, I guess you missed the point of Eve.
The current method of skilling a character is well thought. It makes no difference if someone plays more or less time as you skill offline. You just have to be online to set skill queue and earn the ISK to afford the skills. So someone who is a "Eve-junkie" has no advantage to regular players, or someone just can be less active because off real life issues.
And ... you can't buy skillpoints. Not for LP, not for ISK - and not for real money. That's fact, and it should stay as it is. If this ever would be possible it's just cheating. Taking advantage over other players that don't have that much (real) money. In real life maybe you can cheat yourself through schools - but you will absolutely loose in life, because you have the knowledge, but only on paper. YOu have the certificate on something, but not the knowledge.
I play Eve now, for over 6 years. And the most skills take me much less than 30 days to train. A fair number is in between 20 and 30 days. And only some high rank skills would take 30+ days to train to level 5.
And the point of Eve you missed is:
Noone is able to earn all skilles and max them out in a reasonable amount of time. You can't train all - you HAVE to specialize. To be most effective you HAVE to cooperate with other players in many ways. That is the point taht makes Eve that fascinating.
I aquired many skillpoints since I'm playing, and as my char started as a universal char, it started with the situation to be able to do many things, but nothing very good. With the time, it developed, and I skilled out some fields. But still younger chars can be better than me on some other fields. That's what makes Eve. The possibility to "cheat" skillpoints would completely destroy this.
But, you could create a 2nd account and skill a char different there. But many skills are pretty universal, so you need them on both chars anyways.
|

Ana Vyr
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:34:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Dylatar
But, you could create a 2nd account and skill a char different there. But many skills are pretty universal, so you need them on both chars anyways.
It's funny how the solution to every dilema in EvE is to give CCP more money.
|

Lordearan
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:35:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Lothros Andastar
Please, Go Back to WoW and make sure to brain yourself on the doorframe on the way out.
Hold on, can you brain something with no brains? 
This is exactly why people think Eve is filled with a bunch of A-holes. My god the level of hatred and vitriol expressed by you and others on this forum is breath taking. You disgust me.
|

Dylatar
Gallente Ocean Eleven
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:48:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Ana Vyr
Originally by: Dylatar
But, you could create a 2nd account and skill a char different there. But many skills are pretty universal, so you need them on both chars anyways.
It's funny how the solution to every dilema in EvE is to give CCP more money.
I wouldn't call it solution. But it's the only allowed and possible way to gain more skillpoints - without creating a single uber-char.
Otherwise this would be God Online, and we only would have to train a single-leveled skill named "Omnipotence". xD
|

ObviousTroll Alt
Gallente Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2010.07.06 13:52:00 -
[55]
Originally by: Lordearan
Originally by: Lothros Andastar
Please, Go Back to WoW and make sure to brain yourself on the doorframe on the way out.
Hold on, can you brain something with no brains? 
This is exactly why people think Eve is filled with a bunch of A-holes. My god the level of hatred and vitriol expressed by you and others on this forum is breath taking. You disgust me.
Says the Pot, as it speaks to the Kettle.
Truth be told... Eve is filled with a bunch of a-holes. That's why I like it. I am (normally) surrounded by people who understand and get the game.
Occasionally I run into mindless drones (like the OP) that have oozed their way to eve from other games and don't 'Get' Eve, and they come onto the forums and scream and yell and cry and whine and rant to have the game changed to suit them, instead of changing themselves to suit the game.
I do hope you see what I did there.
Such a shame to have to point out what is so blatantly obvious that a brain dead vegetable, lying in some hospital somewhere could understand.
|
|

CCP Adida
C C P C C P Alliance

|
Posted - 2010.07.06 15:10:00 -
[56]
moved from general discussion
Adida Community Rep CCP Hf, EVE Online
|
|

Demordray
|
Posted - 2010.07.07 01:09:00 -
[57]
Edited by: Demordray on 07/07/2010 01:10:30 Maybe everyone took what i was saying wrong or took the direction of the post in the wrong way. I'm not saying by any means remove the current training system, I'm suggesting to add other ways to decrease the training time. While i do play the game while my skills train, I dont like how it takes 30 days to train a skill. I play not only to have fun but to progress my character. My only suggestion was to add a way to speed things up, not change everything. Learning skills only go so far. Also made a mistake, not 250k isk but 250 mil isk. my bad, you all knew what i meant.
|

Bryg Philomena
Don't Taze Me Bro
|
Posted - 2010.07.07 02:13:00 -
[58]
train cap ships 5. train doomsday op 5. train racial titan 5.
Then complain about how long skills take.
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Am I reading this correctly? You claim you have a bug that undresses female avatars???
Your signature |

Scott Ryder
Amarr art of eve Gunmen of the Apocalypse
|
Posted - 2010.07.07 10:32:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Demordray Edited by: Demordray on 07/07/2010 01:10:30 Maybe everyone took what i was saying wrong or took the direction of the post in the wrong way. I'm not saying by any means remove the current training system, I'm suggesting to add other ways to decrease the training time. While i do play the game while my skills train, I dont like how it takes 30 days to train a skill. I play not only to have fun but to progress my character. My only suggestion was to add a way to speed things up, not change everything. Learning skills only go so far. Also made a mistake, not 250k isk but 250 mil isk. my bad, you all knew what i meant.
Im going to requote you then...
Yes this sounds smart 
If 300 mil isk plex adds one month of training time:
100b Isk into training would then give you 27 years of skilltraining :) Yes thats really smart.. We should impliment something like that RIGHT away.
Edit: 27 years - 513216000 skillpoints assuming you train atleast 2200 sp/h, it sounds like a great idea to me
|

Ydyp Ieva
Caldari Amarrian Retribution
|
Posted - 2010.07.07 11:44:00 -
[60]
Only 20-30 days? Most in my plan are 40+ days.
And for those that think they pay for looking at those bars fill up, I suggest you go play another game as it seems you missed what eve is all about. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |