| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Th0rG0d
Terminal Pharmaceuticals Inc.
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 19:24:00 -
[121]
I have yet to see any response from CCP on their decision to remove the hanger view. If they have, can someone link it here? 2 days away, and nothing that I've seen. 
Is it really to try to force people to try out and walk around in their Minnie CQ? I've done that on Sisi already. After the new shiny wore off, all I was left with was meh. I wish they'd just come out and say, "Yes, we really want everyone to use CQ, so that we can get more feedback then we usually get from the <500 people that use Sisi. We may be considering re-implementing the hanger view if the player base finds CQ to be an immersion-breaker."
But I'm clearly dreaming here
|

Tres Farmer
Gallente Federation Intelligence Service
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 19:40:00 -
[122]
Edited by: Tres Farmer on 19/06/2011 19:40:35
Originally by: Th0rG0d I have yet to see any response from CCP on their decision to remove the hanger view. If they have, can someone link it here? 2 days away, and nothing that I've seen.  *snip*
Nope, nothing so far that I would know of. Hope the forum can take it... not that someone decides that this would be the perfect time to change over to the new one. That would be hilarious.. nice start for a blank sheet I guess 
Get rid of Rooms with Doors - Shortrange Jumpdrives for everybody!  |

Cunane Jeran
Gallente
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 19:40:00 -
[123]
As someone whos laptop is currently in its death throes and barely playing eve as it is, I'm incredibly grateful
|

Asuri Kinnes
Caldari Adhocracy Incorporated
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 22:47:00 -
[124]
Originally by: Joan Avon That would be fine if CQ was just a one off add on feature being added to the variety of others already in the game. But it is not, CQ/Incarna are the foundation for the future direction and scope of Eve Online from June 21st 2011 onward.
Ummmm, no?
With all of Hi-sec, Low-Sec, Null-Sec and WH Space û you think incarna is ôtheö future direction of Eve? I guess IÆm glad I gave up on doing heavy drugs 30 years ago, I can see someone needs to put down the psychedelicsà I guess IÆm going to ask the question that no-one else hasà What will be so compelling about incarna? What will there be to do? IÆm serious. Eve is an internet spaceships game. The vast majority of people who play, play for the spaceships! So you can get your avatars into a station and have a ômeetingö together. So what? My god, how could that be interesting after the first time?
Are people really so shallow that doing that sounds like fun? (Seriously, no offense intended to anyone who reads that û but IÆve seen 2nd lifeà )
Originally by: Joan Avon While the upcoming debut of Incarna and it's CQ is admittedly pretty light on actual game play mechanics or non vanity content
i.e.: has *NONE*.
Originally by: Joan Avon it is never the less where a major portion of eve's evolution and growth will come from as it starts to comprise more and more of eve's actual game play mechanics and content.
Citation please, because this kind of ôpie in the skyö blanket statement is so unrealistic with the existing wealth of activities in game prior to Incarna (i.e.: *everything!*) that it devalues everything else you say. To imagine that incarna will account for a measurable amount of *any* of the ôgame play mechanicsö for several years {based off of CCPÆs established record of ôiterationö} is unrealistic in the extreme.
Originally by: Joan Avon It is also likely where a very large chunk of CCP's Eve resources will be spent from now on.
Again, with all that exists in Hi, Low, Null and WH space, that isnÆt even very accurate speculationà It sounds more like trolling than intelligent speculationà
Originally by: Joan Avon While CCP should probably allow either the current or a similar station/docking UI to exist along side the Captains Quarters to score some easy PR points and muffle some of the shrieking until incarna is established, the appeasement will have to be temporary as sooner or later the expansion of incarna and the impact it has on the game as a whole will make participation in it a fundamental requirement.
Flying spaceships (i.e. ôthe whole dam gameö) is the foundation of the game, not some + finished ôadd-onö. Eve is the game, incarna is the ô2nd lifeö addition to Eve, not the other way aroundà
Originally by: Joan Avon This will require some increase in the Computer spec requirements of the game. While it should be made a small as possible to include the most number of people possible it is unavoidable over the long term to improve and upgrade a game like eve and while never changing any of the fundamental programming or adding feature/content that would increase the computer requirements. Progress works forward and upwards.
This is the only remotely accurate statement in your entire postà
Originally by: Joan Avon TL/DR: Incarna/CQ is the future of eve. One cannot defy the winds of change. Bend and adapt or break and snap. `Joan
I donÆt think there are 300,000 accounts in game (as of now) that came for incarna û they came for Eveà
Please re-size your signature to the maximum allowed of 400 x 120 pixels with a maximum file size of 24000 bytes. Zymurgist
NO! |

Asuri Kinnes
Caldari Adhocracy Incorporated
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 23:03:00 -
[125]
(shamelessly stolen from another thread, he's said it so much better than me..)
Originally by: Atticus Fynch Edited by: Atticus Fynch on 19/06/2011 22:12:17
(Read in an announcer's voice)
Incarna Advertisement Pt 1:
"Come, join the world of EVE online. A space simulation MMO with a player run economy, corporations, alliances and where battles to the death take place daily for dominance and resource control. In our latest release, INCARNAÖ, you will be ale to sit endlessly for hours in front of your mirror in your new Captain's QuartersÖ fapping to the world of micro-transactionsÖ we will bring later this year outside of your locked door.
If the excitement doesn't kill you...old age will.
Join EVE-Online NOW!!!"
I should go into marketing.
Please re-size your signature to the maximum allowed of 400 x 120 pixels with a maximum file size of 24000 bytes. Zymurgist
NO! |

Henry Haphorn
Gallente
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 23:26:00 -
[126]
@Asuri Kinnes
I have to say this. "Internet spaceships" is not the foundation of Eve Online. War, power, control, economics, resources, and influence are the true foundation of Eve Online. Where does Incarna come in? Well, creating a sub-market for booster smuggling and vanity items might help explain it. However, I don't ever think that Incarna will ever contribute to the foundation of Eve Online without a little pvp action.
I mean, come on, CCP. I may enjoy dressing up my avatar to look like Dr. Frankenstein, but that is pointless to me if I can't jump someone inside the dark corridors of Jita just to exact my revenge.
|

Herping yourDerp
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 23:37:00 -
[127]
though the cq is kinda cool, i rather spin my ship and hit a button to get out and watch my eve tv in cq... to me incarna was always supposed to be like that, if i want to get out i can, if not i never have to touch it. also, incarna laggier the eve in space, which is bad in general, i mean my laptop runs eve great, soon as i go to cq, 7fps.
|

Asuri Kinnes
Caldari Adhocracy Incorporated
|
Posted - 2011.06.19 23:48:00 -
[128]
Originally by: Henry Haphorn @Asuri Kinnes
I have to say this. "Internet spaceships" is not the foundation of Eve Online. War, power, control, economics, resources, and influence are the true foundation of Eve Online. Where does Incarna come in? Well, creating a sub-market for booster smuggling and vanity items might help explain it. However, I don't ever think that Incarna will ever contribute to the foundation of Eve Online without a little pvp action.
I mean, come on, CCP. I may enjoy dressing up my avatar to look like Dr. Frankenstein, but that is pointless to me if I can't jump someone inside the dark corridors of Jita just to exact my revenge.
Ok, I'll give you that one. I was more responding to the whole "incarna > Eve" mentality. Please re-size your signature to the maximum allowed of 400 x 120 pixels with a maximum file size of 24000 bytes. Zymurgist
NO! |

Le Skunk
Low Sec Liberators Chubby Chuppers Chubba Chups
|
Posted - 2011.06.20 00:11:00 -
[129]
Originally by: mkint
/me likes it when CCP actually listens, rare as it sometimes may seem. (had to include something cynical in my post. It's what I do.)
Well I dont like to see someone losing their cynacism. So I will relight your fire by reporting that...
Originally by: ccpzulu
". For the sake of a smooth transition we therefore decided to temporarily add the option to not load the incarna interiors while stilll retaining full access to all options and menus"
Its only temporary whilst they figure out what to update the minimum specs page to.
Also of interest is Zulu spelt the word still with three l's not that im counting
SKUNK (o)
|

Nathal Kryos
Mean Corp Mean Coalition
|
Posted - 2011.06.20 08:42:00 -
[130]
BUMP. BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP.
Bump this thread forever.
|

Ciar Meara
Amarr Virtus Vindice
|
Posted - 2011.06.20 09:01:00 -
[131]
Yeah honestly who needs to run around in a minmatar CQ doing nothing.
------------------------------------------------- A friend of death, a brother of luck and a son of a *****
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |