| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Miilla
Minmatar Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2011.06.14 23:59:00 -
[1]
CCP doesn't NEED to store credit card details at all.
They can simply request the customer to enter in the payment details, charge the payment, log it, then not store the card details.
That works for many online stores and services and only takes 60 seconds to enter and authorize, if that.
One less thing to worry about.
So, how about it CCP? Give customers an option of that (or for the fat and lazy, to opt into retaining it).
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
|

Lothros Andastar
Gallente
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:00:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Miilla CCP doesn't NEED to store credit card details at all.
They can simply request the customer to enter in the payment details, charge the payment, log it, then not store the card details.
That works for many online stores and services and only takes 60 seconds to enter and authorize, if that.
One less thing to worry about.
So, how about it CCP? Give customers an option of that (or for the fat and lazy, to opt into retaining it).
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
Because people set up monthly recurring bills? Those are the ones they store.
|

Lady Spank
Amarr Trillionaire High-Rollers Suicidal Bassoon Orkesta
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:01:00 -
[3]
I have reported you for spamming multiple topics about this. At a time when there are already going to be multiple threads made by several people who are incapable of reading before hitting that new topic button, it's rather disappointing to see an individual player deliberately posting multiple threads with the same concern when one will do. ~~~
|

Miilla
Minmatar Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:01:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Lothros Andastar
Originally by: Miilla CCP doesn't NEED to store credit card details at all.
They can simply request the customer to enter in the payment details, charge the payment, log it, then not store the card details.
That works for many online stores and services and only takes 60 seconds to enter and authorize, if that.
One less thing to worry about.
So, how about it CCP? Give customers an option of that (or for the fat and lazy, to opt into retaining it).
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
Because people set up monthly recurring bills? Those are the ones they store.
Which part of "opt in" did you miss? Give customers the CHOICE. Currently there is NO CHOICE and on top of that, you cannot even update it until 30 days are remaining, pretty long for a 350d yearly account.
|

Vice Admiral Spreadsheet
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:03:00 -
[5]
Your threads tire me.
|

Lady Spank
Amarr Trillionaire High-Rollers Suicidal Bassoon Orkesta
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:04:00 -
[6]
In case you are having difficulty finding it (internet forums are quite complicated for some people); here is your other thread on the same subject made about 20 minutes ago. ~~~
|

FatRaps
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:06:00 -
[7]
What are you doing out of the bunker ? The siren didnt sound yet !!!
|

Vaerah Vahrokha
Minmatar Vahrokh Consulting
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:06:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Miilla CCP doesn't NEED to store credit card details at all.
They can simply request the customer to enter in the payment details, charge the payment, log it, then not store the card details.
That works for many online stores and services and only takes 60 seconds to enter and authorize, if that.
One less thing to worry about.
So, how about it CCP? Give customers an option of that (or for the fat and lazy, to opt into retaining it).
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
It's weeks (or more) that you keep creating negative drivel against CCP. This is well beyond "feedback", it's some pathetic attempt to raise an atmosphere of doom and goom on the game.
Auditing | Research | 3rd Party | Collateral Holding | EvE RL Charity |

Miilla
Minmatar Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:14:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Miilla on 15/06/2011 00:15:54
Originally by: Vaerah Vahrokha Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha on 15/06/2011 00:09:32
Originally by: Miilla CCP doesn't NEED to store credit card details at all.
They can simply request the customer to enter in the payment details, charge the payment, log it, then not store the card details.
That works for many online stores and services and only takes 60 seconds to enter and authorize, if that.
One less thing to worry about.
So, how about it CCP? Give customers an option of that (or for the fat and lazy, to opt into retaining it).
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
It's weeks (or more) that you keep creating negative drivel against CCP. This is well beyond "feedback", it's some pathetic attempt to raise an atmosphere of doom and goom on the game.
Edit
Didn't ever occur to you that holding CC info might be required for functionality like: preventing money laundering (and required by some states laws), connecting accounts to detect multi-account bots, powering self renewing subs and more.
Steam can do it, no need to retain Credit Card details on my steam account. No need to retain Credit card details on online stores I buy from. Also, laws state here that upon request a company MUST remove all personal information, on request, also, I should have the ability to make sure my personal accounts are accurate and under my control, currently CCP does not do this with the current system I am not saying do not remove the ability to retain it for those that want it, I am saying give customers who do not wish to store it that option, so they can just enter it when they want to buy more game time, in my case, YEARLY. I do not have monthly reoccuring payments, I have them yearly. Anti money laundering is handled other ways, not by storeing your credit card on your account internet facing which is what they have today. To make things worse, if your card expires, or you change it, you CANNOT update your account to reflect this until 30 days game time is remaining (or less), that is a long time, on a 350day account.
|

Jolie Rev
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:19:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Miilla CCP doesn't NEED to store credit card details at all.
They can simply request the customer to enter in the payment details, charge the payment, log it, then not store the card details.
That works for many online stores and services and only takes 60 seconds to enter and authorize, if that.
One less thing to worry about.
So, how about it CCP? Give customers an option of that (or for the fat and lazy, to opt into retaining it).
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
this. absolutely. for everyone's sake... |

Anndy
Caldari Segmentum Solar Intergalactic Exports Group
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:20:00 -
[11]
just because steam/sites ask you to enter the details every time doesnt mean they arnt keeping it, most keep it on file but ask you for it each time as security |

LuNaRiAn SeRpEnT
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:21:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Miilla
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
How do you not feel like a complete douche for saying something like this? |

Miilla
Minmatar Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:22:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Anndy just because steam/sites ask you to enter the details every time doesnt mean they arnt keeping it, most keep it on file but ask you for it each time as security
Yes, but not internet facing like CCP has today and unable to change it until 30 days or less on the account which is ludicrious.
I have 150days, my card has expired and a new number issued, I cannot change it until 120 days from now. Bloody ingenius.
Their finance department can keep ar ecord of payemnts, not their web page and my account management details. |

Cat Sick
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:24:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Jolie Rev
Originally by: Miilla CCP doesn't NEED to store credit card details at all.
They can simply request the customer to enter in the payment details, charge the payment, log it, then not store the card details.
That works for many online stores and services and only takes 60 seconds to enter and authorize, if that.
One less thing to worry about.
So, how about it CCP? Give customers an option of that (or for the fat and lazy, to opt into retaining it).
PS: Troll posts will be reported.
this. absolutely. for everyone's sake...
sure smells of same_ _ _ up in here
|

Sucateira
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:25:00 -
[15]
I'm glad some portuguese banks made the possibility to created virtual credit card numbers that can be used only once. Even if they get mine, they wont be able to use it. Since if my virtual number is in CCP servers, means it was used already. ...fun fun :)
|

Miilla
Minmatar Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:27:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Sucateira I'm glad some portuguese banks made the possibility to created virtual credit card numbers that can be used only once. Even if they get mine, they wont be able to use it. Since if my virtual number is in CCP servers, means it was used already. ...fun fun :)
Don't be so sure, I talked to a bank once, I asked, If I cancel a Credit Card, and a new number, does that solve the problems, they said no, if they knew the old number, even if it was changed, they could still charge the "account" which is a seperate number which the CC number is associated with, I was gobsmacked. The only real way is to close the account completely! LOL, even then, they would probably still hound you for payments on a closed account. Banks are bloody marvelous to deal with.
|

P42ALPHA
Gallente DeadOn.
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:29:00 -
[17]
Stop trolling with your nonsense. And after posting this multiple times in other threads, did this really need its own?
   
|

Cutter Isaacson
Minmatar Fearsome Engine
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:30:00 -
[18]
Just so I'm being perfectly clear Miilla, I am reporting every single one of your posts and threads. All you are doing is using this attack as an opportunity to incite panic and worry amongst CCP's customers. Do the world a favour and quit life.
|

Mary Jane Insane
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:31:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Mary Jane Insane on 15/06/2011 00:32:31
Originally by: Miilla
Originally by: Sucateira I'm glad some portuguese banks made the possibility to created virtual credit card numbers that can be used only once. Even if they get mine, they wont be able to use it. Since if my virtual number is in CCP servers, means it was used already. ...fun fun :)
Don't be so sure, I talked to a bank once, I asked, If I cancel a Credit Card, and a new number, does that solve the problems, they said no, if they knew the old number, even if it was changed, they could still charge the "account" which is a seperate number which the CC number is associated with, I was gobsmacked. The only real way is to close the account completely! LOL, even then, they would probably still hound you for payments on a closed account. Banks are bloody marvelous to deal with.
No no my friend. I use this mbnet.pt to create a credit card number and i can only use it once. I tried to use it more. I can't.. really can't. I must create a new number every month to be able to pay EVE. I can even chose the max of cash per card.
"lulz" at my character selection :))
|

da go
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:32:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Miilla Also, laws state here that upon request a company MUST remove all personal information, on request, also, I should have the ability to make sure my personal accounts are accurate and under my control
Those laws do not apply in some cases, including: - ongoing contracts (you do not have the right to ask them to delete your personal data unless you also ask them to close your account) - completed financial transactions (you cannot ask them to delete any data related to a payment that has occurred) --- I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again! Bart Simpson. |

Ranger 1
Amarr Paragon Fury Cascade Imminent
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:33:00 -
[21]
My, blind panic is such an ugly thing.
Oh, and reported.
===== The world will not end in 2012, however there will be a serious nerf to Planetary Interaction. |

Anndy
Caldari Segmentum Solar Intergalactic Exports Group
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:33:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Miilla
Originally by: Sucateira I'm glad some portuguese banks made the possibility to created virtual credit card numbers that can be used only once. Even if they get mine, they wont be able to use it. Since if my virtual number is in CCP servers, means it was used already. ...fun fun :)
Don't be so sure, I talked to a bank once, I asked, If I cancel a Credit Card, and a new number, does that solve the problems, they said no, if they knew the old number, even if it was changed, they could still charge the "account" which is a seperate number which the CC number is associated with, I was gobsmacked. The only real way is to close the account completely! LOL, even then, they would probably still hound you for payments on a closed account. Banks are bloody marvelous to deal with.
true but for me the old card has only ever stayed active for 3 months, they do that to make sure you get your new card before they cut the old
but if your worried about someone having the info simply tell the bank you think it might be compromised and they will cut it on the spot
|

Miilla
Minmatar Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:33:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Mary Jane Insane
Originally by: Miilla
Originally by: Sucateira I'm glad some portuguese banks made the possibility to created virtual credit card numbers that can be used only once. Even if they get mine, they wont be able to use it. Since if my virtual number is in CCP servers, means it was used already. ...fun fun :)
Don't be so sure, I talked to a bank once, I asked, If I cancel a Credit Card, and a new number, does that solve the problems, they said no, if they knew the old number, even if it was changed, they could still charge the "account" which is a seperate number which the CC number is associated with, I was gobsmacked. The only real way is to close the account completely! LOL, even then, they would probably still hound you for payments on a closed account. Banks are bloody marvelous to deal with.
No no my friend. I use this mbnet.pt to create a credit card number and i can only use it once. I tried to use it more. I can't.. really can't. I must create a new number every month to be able to pay EVE. I can even chose the max of cash per card.
Nice, wish we had that here.
Anyway, still the issue of retention of details for payments can be changed to work in everybody's favour.
PS: Moderators are slow today. I think I have reported 30 posts so far.
|

Billy Kayn
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:34:00 -
[24]
lol all you get is trolls....just stop posting it i have....no one is listening...they dont understand that if they did not have my Credit Card information.....only if they have disposed of it after they received my money there is no security issue to worry about.
CCP is making it sound that they are protecting us but infact they are the ones who put us in danger to begin with. AND i still say we get reimbursed for ALL unscheduled down time since we payed for a service that we are not receiving. k thats it
|

CANHAZNAMECHANGE
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:34:00 -
[25]
http://paypal.com
Nuf Said.
|

Emperor Cheney
Celebrity Sex Tape
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:36:00 -
[26]
That is crazy. You absolutely need to log payment details, even if it's only a 1 time use, in case of chargeback, dispute, or audit. That is just not how credit cards work. You are wrong.
|

Miilla
Minmatar Hulkageddon Orphanage
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:38:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Emperor Cheney That is crazy. You absolutely need to log payment details, even if it's only a 1 time use, in case of chargeback, dispute, or audit. That is just not how credit cards work. You are wrong.
I didn't say DO NOT LOG IT, i said, do not force retain my card details on my account managemnet. Their finance department can handle the accounts.
Also, if you charge back CCP, they delete your account; I was told that by a GM. Permaban for charge backs is their policy I was told when I had a dispute with them.
Ofcourse you LOG your financial transactions, dur.
|

Billy Kayn
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:38:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Emperor Cheney That is crazy. You absolutely need to log payment details, even if it's only a 1 time use, in case of chargeback, dispute, or audit. That is just not how credit cards work. You are wrong.
Sooo after they received their payment i mean cash in their bank accounts...why is my CC info/Bank account info still in there?
|

Manda Rin
Minmatar Sexy Thoughts
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:38:00 -
[29]
Troll posts will be reported.
|

Emperor Cheney
Celebrity Sex Tape
|
Posted - 2011.06.15 00:39:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Billy Kayn
Originally by: Emperor Cheney That is crazy. You absolutely need to log payment details, even if it's only a 1 time use, in case of chargeback, dispute, or audit. That is just not how credit cards work. You are wrong.
Sooo after they received their payment i mean cash in their bank accounts...why is my CC info/Bank account info still in there?
Audit and chargebacks.
There is no place you have ever shopped with a credit card that does have keep a record of that transaction either locally or with their payment processor. None.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |