| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
132
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 16:03:00 -
[1] - Quote
The ability for seasoned payers to hide behind the veil of noobness is a joke. Ccp grow some balls and kick all chars over 3 months out of npc corps and stop allowing them to rejoin. Sure you'll lose some subs but it would be great for the game in the long run. Every nerf to pvp plunges eve down into the wow zone of pointless grind and endorphine releasce for pve junkies.
Kicking them into a dec'ble and awoxable corp would be a fantastic Christmas gift. Kugutsumen - My signature insures that my post is always read by an ISD or Dev, does yours? |

Belthazor4011
Battle BV
65
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 16:14:00 -
[2] - Quote
As much as I agree with what you want out of this, its a sandbox. Sandboxes dont tell you what to do... |

Ristlin Wakefield
Wanderers of the Eternal Darkness Eternal Pretorian Alliance
119
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 16:22:00 -
[3] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:The ability for seasoned payers to hide behind the veil of noobness is a joke. Ccp grow some balls and kick all chars over 3 months out of npc corps and stop allowing them to rejoin. Sure you'll lose some subs but it would be great for the game in the long run. Every nerf to pvp plunges eve down into the wow zone of pointless grind and endorphine releasce for pve junkies.
Kicking them into a dec'ble and awoxable corp would be a fantastic Christmas gift.
So you are saying you'll never flee into a NPC corp? If I put a bounty on your corp right now and hired every Merc I know to go to war with you, you'll maintain the size if your balls and not hide in NPC corps?
Got to say, that's pretty impressive.
I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license. |

Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
132
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 17:05:00 -
[4] - Quote
Go for it mate. I'll give you two reasons not to bother. I regullarly operate in low and null making your Dec fairly pointless. For the next 2 months I am fairly afk due to rl work. Also un invited pvp does not take halls or overaies of any significant size it is just a fact of life in low null and I feel that it should also be in high with 24hrs notice being ample warning. NC corp won't help you in low unless you count dos from gate guns as help and that won't save me from your gang so zero reason I would ever jump to npc
Typo's due to phone typing at work Kugutsumen - My signature insures that my post is always read by an ISD or Dev, does yours? |

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
228
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 18:08:00 -
[5] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Go for it mate. I'll give you two reasons not to bother. I regullarly operate in low and null making your Dec fairly pointless. For the next 2 months I am fairly afk due to rl work. Also un invited pvp does not take halls or overaies of any significant size it is just a fact of life in low null and I feel that it should also be in high with 24hrs notice being ample warning. NC corp won't help you in low unless you count dos from gate guns as help and that won't save me from your gang so zero reason I would ever jump to npc
Typo's due to phone typing at work
Nothing written with ones thumbs is worth reading. Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings? |

Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts. Break-A-Wish Foundation
211
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 18:12:00 -
[6] - Quote
Where do you kick players to, if not an NPC corp?
"You currently do not belong to a corporation of any kind. If you attempt to undock in such a state, a self destruct device on your ship will become active. Please choose join a player corporation before attempting to leave station." |

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
94
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 18:30:00 -
[7] - Quote
-1
NPC corps provide a shield for industrialists agains people who would just wardec/grief them into the stone age
And when they do so, they lost 10% of all bounty and mission to taxes, the ability to do corp standings and manage their posses
less risk = less reward. working as intended. hisec is not meant to be a griefers paradise. |

Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
132
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 18:40:00 -
[8] - Quote
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:Where do you kick players to, if not an NPC corp?
"You currently do not belong to a corporation of any kind. If you attempt to undock in such a state, a self destruct device on your ship will become active. Please choose join a player corporation before attempting to leave station."
They would be kicked into a decable npc holding corp, one for each race. Where in corp aggression would not endure concord wrath. Kugutsumen - My signature insures that my post is always read by an ISD or Dev, does yours? |

GreenSeed
90
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 18:42:00 -
[9] - Quote
So, if you remove noobcorps like mine, what about fallback corps? huh, genius?
Personally i think they should change the way corps work. Each account should be its own corp with all alts thrown into the same corp, even alts on different accounts. If they belong to the same person irl, they should all be in the same corp.
Then you change the current corps to be something else, like "conglomerates" of corps, and leave alliances as they are. That way you can wardec individual players, who would seek to join conglomerates for protection, or alliances.
Anyway, I know waht im saying is farfetched, but not as much as your proposal is.
|

Ristlin Wakefield
Wanderers of the Eternal Darkness Eternal Pretorian Alliance
119
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:10:00 -
[10] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Go for it mate. I'll give you two reasons not to bother. I regullarly operate in low and null making your Dec fairly pointless. For the next 2 months I am fairly afk due to rl work. Also un invited pvp does not take halls or overaies of any significant size it is just a fact of life in low null and I feel that it should also be in high with 24hrs notice being ample warning. NC corp won't help you in low unless you count dos from gate guns as help and that won't save me from your gang so zero reason I would ever jump to npc
Typo's due to phone typing at work
So you are rarely in high-sec but feel the need to change the way high-sec operates.  I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license. |

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
94
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:13:00 -
[11] - Quote
Frankly if this were to happen, every freighter, JF and orca pilot in highsec would get perma-decced within a day and the economy would pretty much grind to a halt; IMO |

Gronn
V.E.I. -Entropy-
22
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:20:00 -
[12] - Quote
I sort of agree with this, if you leave a corporation, you should be errant and a loner. I guess CCP does this so that they can extort the 11% tax (isk faucet) on these people?
I donGÇÖt know why one person canGÇÖt declare war on another, why does it have to be corp or alliance wars? |

Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
132
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:26:00 -
[13] - Quote
Chandaris wrote:Frankly if this were to happen, every freighter, JF and orca pilot in highsec would get perma-decced within a day and the economy would pretty much grind to a halt; IMO
Or well organised entity's would take over the economy while running well defended convoys creating a very involving enriching game experience. Sadly CCP does not subscribe to such ambitions of gameplay but instead is looking to leech every last cent they can from this game by introducing world of war crack style instant gratification gameplay. Which is currently enraging hard core organised eve subscribers.
I want to work for my high and I want others too. It saddens me that CCP is pandering to the MMO junkies. Kugutsumen - My signature insures that my post is always read by an ISD or Dev, does yours? |

Ristlin Wakefield
Wanderers of the Eternal Darkness Eternal Pretorian Alliance
120
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:30:00 -
[14] - Quote
Gronn wrote:I sort of agree with this, if you leave a corporation, you should be errant and a loner. I guess CCP does this so that they can extort the 11% tax (isk faucet) on these people?
I donGÇÖt know why one person canGÇÖt declare war on another, why does it have to be corp or alliance wars?
I believe its also part of the lore.
Think of EVE like a massive representation of Earth. Can you really ever NOT be a part of a country? Nominally, every person is a citizen of a country. The same goes with EVE; every capsuleer is a member of a corporation. I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license. |

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc. Shadow Cartel
94
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:31:00 -
[15] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Chandaris wrote:Frankly if this were to happen, every freighter, JF and orca pilot in highsec would get perma-decced within a day and the economy would pretty much grind to a halt; IMO Or well organised entity's would take over the economy while running well defended convoys creating a very involving enriching game experience. Sadly CCP does not subscribe to such ambitions of gameplay but instead is looking to leech every last cent they can from this game by introducing world of war crack style instant gratification gameplay. Which is currently enraging hard core organised eve subscribers. I want to work for my high and I want others too. It saddens me that CCP is pandering to the MMO junkies.
Why should they have to organize protection convoys'? that's CONCORD's job.
They have not introduced anything here.. The game has worked this way since day 1.. you are the one who wants to introduce a mechanic that would allow *every single player in the game* to carry an active PVP flag at your sole will and discretion.
EVE is a game that can be played many differant ways.. People are never 100% 'safe' in highsec, but there must exist avenues for them to be *relatively* safe in highsec .. Not everyone wants to PVP and if you force them to in this fashion the game will lose a lot of subs.. Plain and simple. |

Ristlin Wakefield
Wanderers of the Eternal Darkness Eternal Pretorian Alliance
120
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:33:00 -
[16] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Chandaris wrote:Frankly if this were to happen, every freighter, JF and orca pilot in highsec would get perma-decced within a day and the economy would pretty much grind to a halt; IMO Or well organised entity's would take over the economy while running well defended convoys creating a very involving enriching game experience. Sadly CCP does not subscribe to such ambitions of gameplay but instead is looking to leech every last cent they can from this game by introducing world of war crack style instant gratification gameplay. Which is currently enraging hard core organised eve subscribers. I want to work for my high and I want others too. It saddens me that CCP is pandering to the MMO junkies.
Well if you want to log in every night for convoy duty, why not transport a freighter through low sec and guard that? I'll even come and attack your convoy to make it more exciting for you. I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license. |

Ristlin Wakefield
Wanderers of the Eternal Darkness Eternal Pretorian Alliance
120
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 19:34:00 -
[17] - Quote
Chandaris wrote:Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Chandaris wrote:Frankly if this were to happen, every freighter, JF and orca pilot in highsec would get perma-decced within a day and the economy would pretty much grind to a halt; IMO Or well organised entity's would take over the economy while running well defended convoys creating a very involving enriching game experience. Sadly CCP does not subscribe to such ambitions of gameplay but instead is looking to leech every last cent they can from this game by introducing world of war crack style instant gratification gameplay. Which is currently enraging hard core organised eve subscribers. I want to work for my high and I want others too. It saddens me that CCP is pandering to the MMO junkies. Why should they have to organize protection convoys'? that's CONCORD's job. They have not introduced anything here.. The game has worked this way since day 1.. you are the one who wants to introduce a mechanic that would allow *every single player in the game* to carry an active PVP flag at your sole will and discretion. EVE is a game that can be played many differant ways.. People are never 100% 'safe' in highsec, but there must exist avenues for them to be *relatively* safe in highsec .. Not everyone wants to PVP and if you force them to in this fashion the game will lose a lot of subs.. Plain and simple.
I don't think he knows what he is talking about since he is contracting himself every other post. I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license. |

Xylorn Hasher
Sumiyoshi-Kai
46
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 21:20:00 -
[18] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:The ability for seasoned players to hide behind the veil of noobness is a joke. CCP grow some balls and kick all chars over 3 months out of npc corps and stop allowing them to rejoin. Sure you'll lose some subs but it would be great for the game in the long run. Every nerf to pvp plunges eve down into the wow zone of pointless grind and endorphine release for pve junkies.
Kicking them into a decable and awoxable corp would be a fantastic Christmas gift.
Joke is your lack of ability to adapt and think actually.
Why do you need to wardeck anyone when you can bring him to knees with 3-5 Arty Nados instapopping his faction fitted mission boat or whatever he actually flies and then repeat if needed?
Stop crying and start thinking. There is no way to be safe in this game and if you really want someone suffer you will find a way to make him suffer.
Your lack of creativeness is impressive. |

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
2877
|
Posted - 2012.10.18 22:11:00 -
[19] - Quote
Don't try to mess with my corp or I'll have to get someone to cut you  "Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff-á |

Samwise Everquest
Gallentean Cavalry
2
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 00:44:00 -
[20] - Quote
Dumb suggestion, forcing players to join player corps doesn't sound like a sandbox to me. |

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
71
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 05:17:00 -
[21] - Quote
I need to find a box for this on my bingo game: "It's a Sandbox and that means everyone must play the way I want them to!" EvE Forum Bingo |

sodney
Elite Aeronautic Developer Syndicate Test Alliance Please Ignore
15
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 06:41:00 -
[22] - Quote
Samwise Everquest wrote:Dumb suggestion
welcome to a Brewlar Kuvakei thread |

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
13
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 08:28:00 -
[23] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Tah'ris Khlador wrote:Where do you kick players to, if not an NPC corp?
"You currently do not belong to a corporation of any kind. If you attempt to undock in such a state, a self destruct device on your ship will become active. Please choose join a player corporation before attempting to leave station." They would be kicked into a decable npc holding corp, one for each race. Where in corp aggression would not endure concord wrath.
Why not jsut make current NPC corps decable?
But seriously, this thread is ********. You're pissed cuz you can't dec NPC corps. So dec player corps. Can't afford it? So go on roams. Not enough targets? Go on different roams. Amamake and Rancer are never lacking targets, neither are WHs. Don't like the odds? You're as bad as the pilots you're complaining about right now.
If you really got a hard on for hisec wardecs, join dec shield or rvb. Or suffer the cost just like you expect everyone else to suffer you. CCP should hold a NerfGäó tournament where we get to nerf the devs who nerfed our stuff. |

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment Amarr Empire
21
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 09:45:00 -
[24] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:I regularly operate in low and null... Why do you care of hisec then? I hope it's not usual reason of gathering mining sit-in-belt-ing battleships with co-processors and RCU everywhere instead of something that makes sense.
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Or well organised entity's would take over the economy while running well defended convoys creating a very involving enriching game experience. Sadly CCP does not subscribe to such ambitions of gameplay but instead is looking to leech every last cent they can from this game by introducing world of war crack style instant gratification gameplay. Which is currently enraging hard core organised eve subscribers.
I want to work for my high and I want others too. It saddens me that CCP is pandering to the MMO junkies. *opens EVE history handbook* Apparently, that's how it used to work in null before JFs were introduced. And apparently everyone hated freighter ops...
Let me tell you, EVE was like this in my imagination before I joined. Now, after seeing all that stuff - hauling, mining, sitting at gates as a picket - I'm not doing this **** anymore. EVE's not a job.
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:They would be kicked into a decable npc holding corp, one for each race. Where in corp aggression would not endure concord wrath. Lowsec limited edition? Well, from winter on you will be free to make your own lowsec out of hisec, you'll only need to flip a can. Dreams come true?  |

Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
133
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 09:45:00 -
[25] - Quote
Allowing existaning Nov corps to be dec'd would be a good quick fix while allowing seizing. New players could be held in a noob safety corp then punted into a death trap Nov corp if they've not found a player one or created one. Kugutsumen - My signature insures that my post is always read by an ISD or Dev, does yours? |

Ra Jackson
CRIMINALS IN ACTION
47
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 10:08:00 -
[26] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Allowing existaning Nov corps to be dec'd would be a good quick fix while allowing seizing. New players could be held in a noob safety corp then punted into a death trap Nov corp if they've not found a player one or created one.
wtf is a November corp? |

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1857
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 12:26:00 -
[27] - Quote
Puts 10 Billion ISK bounty on Sebestior Tribe.
A wish only, sadly. Inappropriate signature removed. Spitfire |

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
14
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 12:46:00 -
[28] - Quote
Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:Allowing existaning Nov corps to be dec'd would be a good quick fix while allowing seizing. New players could be held in a noob safety corp then punted into a death trap Nov corp if they've not found a player one or created one.
Well, there's already the noob corps that once you leave you can never rejoin, right? Like Imperial Academy and Hedion Uni? So just boot them out of that after 30 days and let regular npc corps be decable. If it's still a problem, give progessively increasing standings losses for decing npc corps, or temporary major standings losses that cause the relevant navy to pitch in.
Dec npc corp -> no one is safe, lots of targets with little to no organization, 30 days+ noobs (who really need to learn sometime) Dec npc corp -> must contend with faction navy, sentry guns at corp stations, maybe no docking at corp stations or something
OP: Not a work of art, but we can't just simply erase the function of npc corps simply because they can be inconvenient at times. I agree NPC corps aren't meant for players (except as temporary placeholders, of course), and the option of "hiding" from wardecs isn't in line with pretty much EVE in general, but you have to admit many of the members of npc corps are underskilled alts and noobs. The veteran missioners in big and shinies have to pay a big and shiny tax, so it's not like their relative safety doesn't come at a price.
If you're after a specific person who's hiding from you, then I recommend something like this. If you're just after easy kills, then I recommend Amamake. CCP should hold a NerfGäó tournament where we get to nerf the devs who nerfed our stuff. |

Ginger Barbarella
State War Academy Caldari State
182
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 16:08:00 -
[29] - Quote
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:Brewlar Kuvakei wrote:The ability for seasoned payers to hide behind the veil of noobness is a joke. Ccp grow some balls and kick all chars over 3 months out of npc corps and stop allowing them to rejoin. Sure you'll lose some subs but it would be great for the game in the long run. Every nerf to pvp plunges eve down into the wow zone of pointless grind and endorphine releasce for pve junkies.
Kicking them into a dec'ble and awoxable corp would be a fantastic Christmas gift. So you are saying you'll never flee into a NPC corp? If I put a bounty on your corp right now and hired every Merc I know to go to war with you, you'll maintain the size if your balls and not hide in NPC corps? Got to say, that's pretty impressive.
No, he'll hide in a station and use his fail alts to bump and run instead. |

Reppyk
The Black Shell
187
|
Posted - 2012.10.19 16:51:00 -
[30] - Quote
Hmm...
Corp taxes apply to mining, LP gains, sell/buy orders etc. The first time you join a NPC corp [1], you begin with a 1% tax. Every month with an active subscription, this tax go up by +1%.
You wanna bear 2 years in a NPC corp ? Why not, you don't suffer from wardecs, but you will have a 25% tax.
[1] : a pilot will join different NPC corps (the noob corp, his NPC corp once he has been in a player corp, the FW NPC corps, etc). |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |