| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 18 post(s) |

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
2688
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:15:00 -
[31] - Quote
Mine is a nod to an old but very popular Sci Fi series. To carve a successful niche for yourself in EVE you need to be able to out sell, out produce, out fight,-á out run, or out wit your competitors. If you can do none of the above, your only option is to complain on the forums that somehow you are at a disadvantage using the exact same tool set-áas the rest of the player base. |

adopt
No Ducks Allowed Disaster Strikes
454
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:25:00 -
[32] - Quote
If I post it you'll be offended. Shadoo > Always remember to fit Cynosural Field Generator I, have 450 Liquid Ozone in your cargo and convo a friendly Pandemic Legion member if you have a capital or super capital ship tackled.
FREE XOLVE ~ THE HERO TEST NEEDS |

De'Veldrin
East India Ore Trade Intrepid Crossing
443
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:25:00 -
[33] - Quote
Ranger 1 wrote:Mine is a nod to an old but very popular Sci Fi series.
Alright I have to ask - which one? The only reference I could find was to a partially successful NASA launch to test equipment in 1961.
Edit: Unless it's a reference to the Anla-shok Na from B5. Unsub or don't.-á I don't care what your reasons are, and neither does anyone else.-á Just click the button and go away - or don't. |

baltec1
Bat Country
2649
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:27:00 -
[34] - Quote
I'm named after a sea with a slight spelling change. |

adopt
No Ducks Allowed Disaster Strikes
454
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:28:00 -
[35] - Quote
This
Got really, really really drunk, found adopt sounded funny. I look back and wonder, why? Shadoo > Always remember to fit Cynosural Field Generator I, have 450 Liquid Ozone in your cargo and convo a friendly Pandemic Legion member if you have a capital or super capital ship tackled.
FREE XOLVE ~ THE HERO TEST NEEDS |

Dave stark
Black Nova Corp. R O G U E
485
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:31:00 -
[36] - Quote
my name is dave, and i was watching iron man on tv while making my character. Reading my posts is like panning for gold; most it will be useless, but occasionally you'll find a nugget of gold. |

Name Family Name
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
70
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:31:00 -
[37] - Quote
It's what was pre-typed in the name fields at character creation. |

Sidrat Flush
Eve Industrial Corp
18
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:32:00 -
[38] - Quote
Back in 1986 I was reading Dr Who novels and needed a nickname Sidrat comes from there plus there's a reference to A really nice tree that acts as a border marker with a very similar spelling. |

Sarmea Moon
Universal Freelance CONSORTIUM UNIVERSALIS
56
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:33:00 -
[39] - Quote
I used to use Newmoon for everything, since D&D in the 70's. Then some ******* wrote some book with that name as a main character. I used it up until UO Trammel/ Everquest, then someone told me about the book, and why I was seeing so many recent clones of the name.
Sigh, so I kicked my then 7 year old son and said "Make a name for Mommy!!" and he said "Sarmea Moon!" (Or "I'm cleaning my room!!" Not sure. Meh, close enough) Tada. I've used it in nearly every MMO since. The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse [lady of commercial virtue]. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.- James Nicoll |

Lipbite
Express Hauler
188
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:36:00 -
[40] - Quote
Sexy time. |

CATPAIN KIRK
State War Academy Caldari State
80
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:49:00 -
[41] - Quote
Kirk - you know - taht dude from starwars |
|

CCP Falcon
388

|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:55:00 -
[42] - Quote
My name is Falcon...
...things usually happen because of me.

CCP Falcon -á-á||-á-áEVE Community Team -á|| -á-áEVE Illuminati -á-á||-á-á@CCP_Falcon |
|

Caldaricitizen 445820458
Rectal Surgery Commission
9
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 17:56:00 -
[43] - Quote
Gm's ban hammer. |

Natasha Liao
Red Federation RvB - RED Federation
5
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:01:00 -
[44] - Quote
CCP Falcon wrote:My name is Falcon... ...things usually happen because of me.  You're a *results* oriented kinda person. You make things happen. Not need to be embarrassed... 
|

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
3335
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:02:00 -
[45] - Quote
I was a pirating alt of my old main Surfin SeaOtter but he had an incident with a biomasser  "Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff-á |

Vertisce Soritenshi
Tactical Vendor of Services and Goods Partners of Industrial Service and Salvage
1823
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:02:00 -
[46] - Quote
I used to go by the name "Macabre" back in the day when I played Asherons Call. Since everybody and their dog used that name I decided to come up with something new and original. I came up with "Vertiscent". It wasn't in any language or dictionary and didn't exist as a word so far as I could tell. Eventually I got tired of it being so long and shortened it down by a whopping 2 letters into "Vertisce" which I didn't realize at the time could be misconstrued as spelling "Vertice" incorrectly. Either way people were calling me "Vert" and the more idiotic people woulc call me "Versace" because they are clearly too stupid to read or write, let alone spell. "Soritenshi" was as close as I could figure the word "Archangel" would be in Japanese.
While I am an American I was born in Japan on an American Navy base and due to this have lots of cool Japanese stuff my family picked up for me when I was born there. This got me interested in the culture and naturally as a gamer I gravitated towards Anime and whatnot...but I digress... EvE is not about PvP.-á EvE is about the SANDBOX! |
|

ISD TYPE40
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
2616

|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:05:00 -
[47] - Quote
Sidrat Flush wrote:Back in 1986 I was reading Dr Who novels and needed a nickname Sidrat comes from there plus there's a reference to A really nice tree that acts as a border marker with a very similar spelling.
This man knows... ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department |
|

Bigpimping
Pimp Inc.
93
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:13:00 -
[48] - Quote
Something about whoring |

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
2688
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:14:00 -
[49] - Quote
De'Veldrin wrote:Ranger 1 wrote:Mine is a nod to an old but very popular Sci Fi series. Alright I have to ask - which one? The only reference I could find was to a partially successful NASA launch to test equipment in 1961. Edit: Unless it's a reference to the Anla-shok Na from B5. Bingo.
Ranger 1 was the title of the leader of the Rangers... referenced in the phrase "We live for the one, we die for the one." To carve a successful niche for yourself in EVE you need to be able to out sell, out produce, out fight,-á out run, or out wit your competitors. If you can do none of the above, your only option is to complain on the forums that somehow you are at a disadvantage using the exact same tool set-áas the rest of the player base. |

Arsedestroyer
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
55
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:18:00 -
[50] - Quote
My name refers to Arylsulfatase E siRNA.
It's a small interfering RNA used to knockdown the ARSE gene used for the investigation of chondrodysplasia punctata in animal and cell culture models. |

Robert De'Arneth
226
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:19:00 -
[51] - Quote
It was Cold dark winter day back in 19**, I was born at 5:35 AM at 3 lbs and 4 oz, I know right real tiny? Anyways my uncle talked my parents into naming Robert. True Story.  You have not lived until you have been Wated by Jim!!-á-á |

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
39
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:21:00 -
[52] - Quote
Sounded politically correct enough |

Xercodo
Disturbed Friends Of Diazepam Disturbed Acquaintance
1387
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:25:00 -
[53] - Quote
Carefully crafted out of combinations of letters which I spent about 10 minutes mulling over in my head. Also made an effort to make decent use of the letter x. The Drake is a Lie |

Ryhss
Clandestine Management Group
26
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:28:00 -
[54] - Quote
Mines from Magic:The Gathering cardgame. I misspelled it by accident, it's supposed to be Rhyss |

Mirel Dystoph
Kaesong Kosmonauts Test Alliance Please Ignore
6
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:32:00 -
[55] - Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirel "Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise."-á |

De'Veldrin
East India Ore Trade Intrepid Crossing
446
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:36:00 -
[56] - Quote
Arsedestroyer wrote:My name refers to Arylsulfatase E siRNA. It's a small interfering RNA used to knockdown the ARSE gene used for the investigation of chondrodysplasia punctata in animal and cell culture models.
All of those words are English, but I have no idea what you said.
Kudos to you though. Unsub or don't.-á I don't care what your reasons are, and neither does anyone else.-á Just click the button and go away - or don't. |

Tao Dolcino
AIFLE
33
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:43:00 -
[57] - Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fra_Dolcino |

Arsedestroyer
Republic Military School Minmatar Republic
55
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 18:55:00 -
[58] - Quote
De'Veldrin wrote: All of those words are English, but I have no idea what you said.
It's used in posttranscriptional gene silencing, so ideally, selective proteins can be barred from translation. In this specific case, the target gene is encoding Arylsulfatase E, which catlayzes the hydrolization of sulfate esters.
Individuals with an inherent ARSE-deficiency thus suffer from an impoper composition of their cartilage and as a further result, bone matrix, resulting in impaired skeletal growth among some other conditions.
The siRNA thus is useful for researching the diseases pathomechanics and possible treatment options in vitro. |

De'Veldrin
East India Ore Trade Intrepid Crossing
446
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 19:04:00 -
[59] - Quote
Arsedestroyer wrote:De'Veldrin wrote: All of those words are English, but I have no idea what you said.
It's used in posttranscriptional gene silencing, so ideally, selective proteins can be barred from translation. In this specific case, the target gene is encoding Arylsulfatase E, which catlayzes the hydrolization of sulfate esters. Individuals with an inherent ARSE-deficiency thus suffer from an impoper composition of their cartilage and as a further result, bone matrix, resulting in impaired skeletal growth among some other conditions. The siRNA thus is useful for researching the diseases pathomechanics and possible treatment options in vitro.
I feel like I'm having a conversation on the science forum I belong to. Unsub or don't.-á I don't care what your reasons are, and neither does anyone else.-á Just click the button and go away - or don't. |

Logix42
Project Write Down All The Things
71
|
Posted - 2012.10.31 19:08:00 -
[60] - Quote
Logic with a twist = Logix 42 is a special number from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
When I first tried incursions some people thought it was supposed to be clever. Like a Logi x-ing up with a 4-2 fit.... Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!-á Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE.-á Check out the G-Doc list at http://bit.ly/wdatt or the Eve-áforum post at http://bit.ly/I56ebm |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |