| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:22:00 -
[1] - Quote
How can you tell weather or not a corp is any good? I really would like to join a corp, But how do you know what makes a good one? I have thought of making my own, but how could I know it would be good? What makes mega null sec alliances so "good"? |

Some Rando
University of Caille Gallente Federation
672
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:28:00 -
[2] - Quote
Awox some high-sec mining corps and you'll soon find out what a good corp is and what a bad corp is. Malcanis for CSM8 |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:36:00 -
[3] - Quote
Some Rando wrote:Awox some high-sec mining corps and you'll soon find out what a good corp is and what a bad corp is. lol. That is an interesting way to do it, but really, what would a good corp offer me? how would I know it when I saw it? |

Xen Solarus
Inner 5phere
259
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:43:00 -
[4] - Quote
Depends what your after. They're are corps out there that focus on every type you can imagine. You looking for relaxed, easygoing people to chat to while you play? Or hardcore PvPers looking to destroy everyone that stands in their way? Or maybe instead you want some miners that can keep you entertained while shooting rocks? Or people that can teach and help you along your way?
Most corps will consider themselves to be "good". The trick is finding the one that fits into what you are looking to get. That way, they will be good for you. |

Diesel47
Bad Men Ltd.
430
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:43:00 -
[5] - Quote
If they are willing to recruit you they are probably bad. |

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
7
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:46:00 -
[6] - Quote
Aza Ebanu wrote:How can you tell weather or not a corp is any good? I really would like to join a corp, But how do you know what makes a good one? I have thought of making my own, but how could I know it would be good? What makes mega null sec alliances so "good"?
To get a good picture of a corp you will want to check out their kill board. Yes that mainly applies to pvp corps but you can also learn a lot about care bear corps due to how many unnecessary losses they have.
You can make your own but the good thing about this game is that most things have already been done before. Its best to just join a corporation that is at least a year old. Most new corps only last a few months if best......
Mega null sec alliances give a false image to what is considered to be good in eve. Their actions are more related to the game of chess while small corporations are like checkers. In alliances the few control the many whereas rogue corporations rely on the individual member. In alliances members are treated like meat shield and spoken to like ants. I hope that clears that bit up..... I myself am not a "follower" therefore I will never join a major alliance.
Just remember this, numbers dont win wars.....
Hope I helped ;) |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:52:00 -
[7] - Quote
Xen Solarus wrote:Depends what your after. They're are corps out there that focus on every type you can imagine. You looking for relaxed, easygoing people to chat to while you play? Or hardcore PvPers looking to destroy everyone that stands in their way? Perhaps nasty baby-killing pirates are your thing? Or maybe instead you want some miners that can keep you entertained while shooting rocks? Or people that can teach and help you along your way? Or maybe you want to throw yourself into the depths of nullsec?
Most corps will consider themselves to be "good". The trick is finding the one that fits into what you are looking to get. That way, they will be good for you.
This is one of the reasons I dont like the current corps. They are related to professions not any kind of goal. I read a while back that there was a corp that would purposely fly into gate camps to break them up. They would scout the camp, and then bring a fleet in to destroy the whole thing. I thought to myself that this was one of the most awesome ideas for a corp. I haven't seen anything ike it in a while.
All I see is "smallish" indy corps who mine. or "PVP "corps. WTF does that mean? RvB, FW, Null sec all are PvP corps too right? |

Luis Graca
181
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:56:00 -
[8] - Quote
Either you know the corp/members or you don't.
However you can set you're on goals like what do your want on the new corp and start by looking at it ignoring all the others Note: do not forget to look for corp on you're game time
There are two main ways to find corps the most common is using eve-o on recruitment part, the other is in game by finding a group that is doing the activities you want to do.
1- As soon as you have some corps that you seem to like check their activities Ex: PvP corp check their killboard, mining stay a little on their chat and ask for mine with them before joining
2 - Wend you choose one corp make sure you talk with their recruiter.
In the end the corp may still not be good but at least you will have a much higher chance of being a decent one.
Another way to check if the corp actually make what they say they do is by using a locater agent and them go there check for yourself. |

Ptraci
3 R Corporation The Irukandji
1195
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:57:00 -
[9] - Quote
Aza Ebanu wrote:Some Rando wrote:Awox some high-sec mining corps and you'll soon find out what a good corp is and what a bad corp is. lol. That is an interesting way to do it, but really, what would a good corp offer me?
What would you offer a good corp? A corp is only as good as its members and if a corp is full of selfish people who want something offered to them, that is not a good corp.
A corp itself is completely irrelevant. What matters is the people that are in it, and the friendships that are made. If you have skilled people with different talents working together as a team, then you have a good corp. If you have a group of snobs acting like dictators and just pushing people around, you have a bad corp. The corporation construct is just a convenient way of grouping people together so they can share assets and facilities. But you shouldn't be looking at the corp.
Talk to the members and see if they seem to know their stuff. If you smell BS, find a different corp. Successful corps are not full of people who want to play single-player EVE in a corp. |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 21:57:00 -
[10] - Quote
Zeus Maximo wrote:Aza Ebanu wrote:How can you tell weather or not a corp is any good? I really would like to join a corp, But how do you know what makes a good one? I have thought of making my own, but how could I know it would be good? What makes mega null sec alliances so "good"? To get a good picture of a corp you will want to check out their kill board. Yes that mainly applies to pvp corps but you can also learn a lot about care bear corps due to how many unnecessary losses they have. You can make your own but the good thing about this game is that most things have already been done before. Its best to just join a corporation that is at least a year old. Most new corps only last a few months if best...... Mega null sec alliances give a false image to what is considered to be good in eve. Their actions are more related to the game of chess while small corporations are like checkers. In alliances the few control the many whereas rogue corporations rely on the individual member. In alliances members are treated like meat shield and spoken to like ants. I hope that clears that bit up..... I myself am not a "follower" therefore I will never join a major alliance. Just remember this, numbers dont win wars..... Hope I helped ;) It helps and I agree that is why I stay away from Null sec corps. I want to see a corp that will make an impact. I am more drawn to the cause of the corp more than the activities. I can sink a ton of skills into PvP, but why? |

Some Rando
University of Caille Gallente Federation
675
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:06:00 -
[11] - Quote
Aza Ebanu wrote:lol. That is an interesting way to do it, but really, what would a good corp offer me? how would I know it when I saw it? I honestly don't know, that's why I was joking around. Myself, I've been playing with RL friends since I started. We're a small group and we like small gang asshattery, and generally getting blown up on the reg, and everybody does their own thing until our schedules allow us to get together and do a roam (usually once every 2~4 weeks).
My advice to you is to find out what you like doing in EVE, find a group that does that specifically (not some catch-all high-sec **** corp), and be careful if they let you in. Always have a backup plan. You'll know when you find a group you want to hang out with. Malcanis for CSM8 |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:07:00 -
[12] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:Aza Ebanu wrote:Some Rando wrote:Awox some high-sec mining corps and you'll soon find out what a good corp is and what a bad corp is. lol. That is an interesting way to do it, but really, what would a good corp offer me? What would you offer a good corp? A corp is only as good as its members and if a corp is full of selfish people who want something offered to them, that is not a good corp. A corp itself is completely irrelevant. What matters is the people that are in it, and the friendships that are made. If you have skilled people with different talents working together as a team, then you have a good corp. If you have a group of snobs acting like dictators and just pushing people around, you have a bad corp. The corporation construct is just a convenient way of grouping people together so they can share assets and facilities. But you shouldn't be looking at the corp. Talk to the members and see if they seem to know their stuff. If you smell BS, find a different corp. Successful corps are not full of people who want to play single-player EVE in a corp.
Thank you for responding, and I understand what you mean. To answer your question, I would offer the corp everything I could. I agree, and I have been in corps that were as you say selfish and snobbish, but the thing that bothers me is that a mining corp is a mining corp. practically no meta game, no goals, and usually the target of a war dec in which the members will flee like roaches when someone turns on the light. PVP / Gank corps are a little more deeper, but in the end the meta dissolves into being the biggest bully you can be. I mean goodness is there a corp out there that does PVP and mining in tandem to the benefit of the entire corp? |

Arronicus
Vintas Industries Mistakes Were Made.
60
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:08:00 -
[13] - Quote
A good corp will facilitate you doing what you are interested in doing in eve, via shared information on methods for going about such task, potential logistical help where required, and providing groups or similar help to provide such task. If you want to mine, good mining corps will provide boosts, hauling services, or buy your ore from you. Good pvp corps will provide fitting help, tips, possibly reimbursement programs, etc.
Also, to clear up your misconception, fleet members cannot kill you without consquence, only corp members can. |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:10:00 -
[14] - Quote
Some Rando wrote:Aza Ebanu wrote:lol. That is an interesting way to do it, but really, what would a good corp offer me? how would I know it when I saw it? I honestly don't know, that's why I was joking around. Myself, I've been playing with RL friends since I started. We're a small group and we like small gang asshattery, and generally getting blown up on the reg, and everybody does their own thing until our schedules allow us to get together and do a roam (usually once every 2~4 weeks). My advice to you is to find out what you like doing in EVE, find a group that does that specifically (not some catch-all high-sec **** corp), and be careful if they let you in. Always have a backup plan. You'll know when you find a group you want to hang out with. Yeah. I think the real setback I'm facing is that I don't have any RL friends who like EVE. They all like global agenda and SWTOR. I can't stand those games and they say they cant stand EVE Online... Maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore...lol |

Kainotomiu Ronuken
Red Federation RvB - RED Federation
614
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:12:00 -
[15] - Quote
Aza Ebanu wrote:It helps and I agree that is why I stay away from Null sec corps. I want to see a corp that will make an impact. I am more drawn to the cause of the corp more than the activities. I can sink a ton of skills into PvP, but why? If you're looking for a corporation that will make an impact on EVE, then your best bet is actually in nullsec. Even awful null alliances like -A- made an impact. If you're looking for a corporation where you will make an impact on the corp itself, find a smaller one. If you're looking for a corporation where you will make an impact on EVE, then statistically you're going to have better luck in null, but you'll need to be good at it and put in the effort.
|

Some Rando
University of Caille Gallente Federation
675
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:14:00 -
[16] - Quote
Aza Ebanu wrote:Yeah. I think the real setback I'm facing is that I don't have any RL friends who like EVE Then your challenge, good sir, is to make some friends in EVE. Once again, knowing or finding something that you want to do in EVE will help you here; if you have a goal it is much easier to make friends with people who have that same goal. Malcanis for CSM8 |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:26:00 -
[17] - Quote
Some Rando wrote:Aza Ebanu wrote:Yeah. I think the real setback I'm facing is that I don't have any RL friends who like EVE Then your challenge, good sir, is to make some friends in EVE. Once again, knowing or finding something that you want to do in EVE will help you here; if you have a goal it is much easier to make friends with people who have that same goal. Invited to convo, and this was the response I got (Protected)> thats different. Ive never seen anybody specifically ask for that...
I'm not saying im better than most players, but I hink maybe I'm into different aspects than most players? I dont know. |

James Amril-Kesh
RAZOR Alliance
3309
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:32:00 -
[18] - Quote
Some Rando wrote:Awox some high-sec mining corps and you'll soon find out what a good corp is and what a bad corp is. The highsec missioning/mining corp that I joined shortly after I started playing EVE had an awoxer that blew up several of our ships.
We made him really mad when we thanked him for teaching us a valuable lesson. Phrases like "you can't nerf / buff X EVE is a Sandbox" have the same amount of meaning as "If this is a sack of potatoes then you can not carrot." - Alara IonStorm |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:35:00 -
[19] - Quote
James Amril-Kesh wrote:Some Rando wrote:Awox some high-sec mining corps and you'll soon find out what a good corp is and what a bad corp is. The highsec missioning/mining corp that I joined shortly after I started playing EVE had an awoxer that blew up several of our ships. We made him really mad when we thanked him for teaching us a valuable lesson. Something like that happened to me in 2004.
|

NickyYo
StarHug
279
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:41:00 -
[20] - Quote
StarHug is a good corp, put an application in and i will accept :) .. |

Randolph Rothstein
whatever corp.
337
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:44:00 -
[21] - Quote
make your own corp. - you will have the best ceo who will be always ready to do stuff you want |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:49:00 -
[22] - Quote
I just declined a corp. They started talking down to me like I might not be worthy and that they were a an elite squad. They were trying to sell me on their corp which seemed just like every other corp out there and far from what I really wanted. I feel like I was rude to them when I told them thanks for the consideration and left the chat. |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:50:00 -
[23] - Quote
Randolph Rothstein wrote:make your own corp. - you will have the best ceo who will be always ready to do stuff you want  lol I know huh, but then I'd have to recruit. But I might have to because what I'm looking for seems non existent. |

Ptraci
3 R Corporation The Irukandji
1195
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:55:00 -
[24] - Quote
Aza Ebanu wrote: is there a corp out there that does PVP and mining in tandem to the benefit of the entire corp?
Most PvP corps also rat and mine, although they do not advertise this. Ratting and mining are reliable and regular sources of income. The difference is that mining corps mine for "profit", whereas the PvP corps accumulate wealth to spend on ships to kill people with.
Almost all PvPers started out as carebears which is why we particularly can't stand those self-inflated "I'm an industrialist I'm special you must protect me" types. I can do what they do, but they can't do what I do. |

Kery Nysell
Nysell Incorporated
62
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:55:00 -
[25] - Quote
Tricky question ...
I'm currently rebuilding my corp after a two-years break, we're quite small at the moment, and more focused on mining/building/missioning, but we have plans to expand to Wormhole space "soon-ish" ...
Please come to our public channel, NYINC, talk to us, and see if our "feel" is what your want.
Last note : we're EU players, that could change things for you. My skills : http://eveboard.com/pilot/Kery_Nysell |

Randolph Rothstein
whatever corp.
337
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:58:00 -
[26] - Quote
i ve been in guild/company/group of players for the past 5 years in various MMO games - usually built around the fact we were from the same country
when i started eve i was looking for something similar but there was always something in the way,wheter it was inactivity or SP requirements so i said fck it and made my own corp. - and i dont regret it tbh,probably the best way is to make your own corp. to dodge taxes (huehue) and keep looking,sooner or later you will find one that will suit your playstyle |

Some Rando
University of Caille Gallente Federation
676
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 22:59:00 -
[27] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:Almost all PvPers started out as carebears which is why we particularly can't stand those self-inflated "I'm an industrialist I'm special you must protect me" types. I can do what they do, but they can't do what I do. This.
Much as I lament training those mining skills early on, I do get the itch to build my own ratting ammo now and then (well, not since I got that 100km beam Oracle, but whatever...) Malcanis for CSM8 |

James Amril-Kesh
RAZOR Alliance
3310
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 23:00:00 -
[28] - Quote
Some Rando wrote:Ptraci wrote:Almost all PvPers started out as carebears which is why we particularly can't stand those self-inflated "I'm an industrialist I'm special you must protect me" types. I can do what they do, but they can't do what I do. This. Much as I lament training those mining skills early on, I do get the itch to build my own ratting ammo now and then (well, not since I got that 100km beam Oracle, but whatever...) lol you rat with t1 ammo. (sorry, I had to) Phrases like "you can't nerf / buff X EVE is a Sandbox" have the same amount of meaning as "If this is a sack of potatoes then you can not carrot." - Alara IonStorm |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 23:01:00 -
[29] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:Aza Ebanu wrote: is there a corp out there that does PVP and mining in tandem to the benefit of the entire corp? Most PvP corps also rat and mine, although they do not advertise this. Ratting and mining are reliable and regular sources of income. The difference is that mining corps mine for "profit", whereas the PvP corps accumulate wealth to spend on ships to kill people with. Almost all PvPers started out as carebears which is why we particularly can't stand those self-inflated "I'm an industrialist I'm special you must protect me" types. I can do what they do, but they can't do what I do.
Right I was just highlighting the cooperation aspect of a corp like that, but yeah those "{I am an industrialist" types belong in an NPC corp. |

Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe Minmatar Republic
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.15 23:06:00 -
[30] - Quote
Kery Nysell wrote:Tricky question ...
I'm currently rebuilding my corp after a two-years break, we're quite small at the moment, and more focused on mining/building/missioning, but we have plans to expand to Wormhole space "soon-ish" ...
Please come to our public channel, NYINC, talk to us, and see if our "feel" is what your want.
Last note : we're EU players, that could change things for you.
Isn't every corp doing this though? And it would never work out I am on the West coast of the USA. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |