| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Grenduk
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:28:00 -
[1] - Quote
Wardecs are perfect as is. PVP corps can deny industrial corps access to their preferred play style because eve is a harsh and cold universe.
Problem is, it's not harsh and cold for the PVP corp. They get what they want without any consequences. We need a counter mechanic for industrial focused players that provides the same emergent gameplay fun!
I introduce the Marketdec. Corp A can bribe Concord to restrict all market interaction for Corp B. Now pvpers must mine and build their own stuff, thus forcing the industrial playstyle on them.
Same result for the other half of the game. |

Psychotic Monk
The Skunkworks
544
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:33:00 -
[2] - Quote
That's not something that the industrial player is *doing*. If pvp corps attacking industrial corps only had to throw in the dec and walk away, then we'd be talking.
But pvp players are stalking you and fighting you and generally getting all the way up into your cheese fries. Why shouldn't you have to work to get up into our business?
Additionally, as an experienced user of game mechanics, I know that I would be using that same 'industrial dec' on you. And probably as many corps as I possibly could.
Remember, any tool given to you is also given to me, and vice versa. Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement. |

Singular Snowflake
New Order Logistics CODE.
67
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:34:00 -
[3] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Wardecs are perfect as is. PVP corps can deny industrial corps access to their preferred play style because eve is a harsh and cold universe.
Problem is, it's not harsh and cold for the PVP corp. They get what they want without any consequences. We need a counter mechanic for industrial focused players that provides the same emergent gameplay fun!
I introduce the Marketdec. Corp A can bribe Concord to restrict all market interaction for Corp B. Now pvpers must mine and build their own stuff, thus forcing the industrial playstyle on them.
Same result for the other half of the game. I'd love to see this mechanic abused. Locking permitless miners out of markets perhaps? |

Dave Stark
1632
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:43:00 -
[4] - Quote
Singular Snowflake wrote:Grenduk wrote:Wardecs are perfect as is. PVP corps can deny industrial corps access to their preferred play style because eve is a harsh and cold universe.
Problem is, it's not harsh and cold for the PVP corp. They get what they want without any consequences. We need a counter mechanic for industrial focused players that provides the same emergent gameplay fun!
I introduce the Marketdec. Corp A can bribe Concord to restrict all market interaction for Corp B. Now pvpers must mine and build their own stuff, thus forcing the industrial playstyle on them.
Same result for the other half of the game. I'd love to see this mechanic abused. Locking permitless miners out of markets perhaps? my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you. "100k for notifications of stupidity, i love this bounty system." |

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din Dark Therapy
1189
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:47:00 -
[5] - Quote
There is no 'other half of the game'. This is where people are going wrong. All corporations are capable of all aspects of Eve. All pilots in fact are capable of all aspects of Eve. Are you a miner? Learn to fly (the now very very capable) frigates and go fight the attackers. Most 'pvp' corps who wardec industrial corps are in fact NOT pvp corps, they are griefers who will quickly lose interest if they cant simply gank you.
Pvp corps look for people who will fight. Griefers look for industrial corps who are easy prey. The only exception to this are pvp corps who have been hired to attack indy corps or when indy corp pilots shoot their mouths off and annoy someone into wardeccing them. Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing. |

Dave Stark
1632
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:51:00 -
[6] - Quote
oh, also i think we just all missed the flaw of:
buy goods on an out of corp alt. contract it to your other character. totally ignore this entire mechanic. "100k for notifications of stupidity, i love this bounty system." |

Grenduk
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:55:00 -
[7] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote:oh, also i think we just all missed the flaw of:
buy goods on an out of corp alt. contract it to your other character. totally ignore this entire mechanic.
Isn't that all smart players do with wardecs anyway? Stay docked, contract to alts and red frog resulting in a contract and login game that sucks all the fun out? |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1628
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:56:00 -
[8] - Quote
Grenduk wrote: Now pvpers must mine and build their own stuff, thus forcing the industrial playstyle on them. . So you want to **** with my playstyle?
No, never, not ever.
Wonderful idea. Lets put in mechanic that make it so the PvPer is encouraged to circumvent every other industrialist. That's just awful.
NO, the PvP should be buying from ME. Not encouraged to build his own ****. And no, "contracts" is not an alternative solution.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=195938&find=unread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=195937&find=unread
You fix wardecs by giving high sec corps the same kind of control null gets. OWNERSHIP of things worth fighting to win or lose. It's why wardecs work in null and not in high sec. They have nothing to call their own, and therefore nothing to fight for. |

Dave Stark
1632
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:56:00 -
[9] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:oh, also i think we just all missed the flaw of:
buy goods on an out of corp alt. contract it to your other character. totally ignore this entire mechanic. Isn't that all smart players do with wardecs anyway? Stay docked, contract to alts and red frog resulting in a contract and login game that sucks all the fun out?
no, smart players disband and reform the corporation. "100k for notifications of stupidity, i love this bounty system." |

Grenduk
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
1
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:57:00 -
[10] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote:Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:oh, also i think we just all missed the flaw of:
buy goods on an out of corp alt. contract it to your other character. totally ignore this entire mechanic. Isn't that all smart players do with wardecs anyway? Stay docked, contract to alts and red frog resulting in a contract and login game that sucks all the fun out? no, smart players disband and reform the corporation.
Not with POS running research jobs. |

Princess Saskia
Hyperfleet Industries
35
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 17:58:00 -
[11] - Quote
How about? Hire merc's beceause you are playing the industrial side of the game to make money. Therefore you have money to pay such merc's |

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
12767
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:01:00 -
[12] - Quote
This already exists. It's called GǣwardecsGǥ and/or GǣalliesGǥ and it's available to industrial corps right now. Vote Malcanis for CSM8. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1628
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:23:00 -
[13] - Quote
Tippia wrote:This already exists. It's called GǣwardecsGǥ and/or GǣalliesGǥ and it's available to industrial corps right now. Of course it already exists.
The incentive to ally, to grow, and to fight does not though.
People disband or drop corp when there's a wardec. It's becaue they have nothing to lose.
Why do people in null not do this? We have something to lose if we did.
CCP is going to make changes to high sec industry, and they're trying to find ways to give meaning to high sec wardecs.
If you give players conrol of something worthwhile, they'll fight for it. Wardecs, regardless of the area you play, should not be about gaining legal targets, it should be about fighting over tangible things.
That's why there's a problem with high sec wardecs. You have nothing tangible to fight for, and everyone uses it to gain legal targets.
|

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1628
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:28:00 -
[14] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:oh, also i think we just all missed the flaw of:
buy goods on an out of corp alt. contract it to your other character. totally ignore this entire mechanic. Isn't that all smart players do with wardecs anyway? Stay docked, contract to alts and red frog resulting in a contract and login game that sucks all the fun out? no, smart players disband and reform the corporation. Not with POS running research jobs. Nonsense. People abanbon PoS's all the time.
And the PoS isn't a station. They don't function like a station. Not everyone can use a PoS, even within a corp. There's enough psots around about changing the PoS's because of issues with mechanics.
The PoS should be an "everyman" structure, and then high sec corps should be able to place stations in system where T2 production and high conentration ore is refined.
Then you can declare war becaue you want the station, and the guy you declared war on would have a need to fight for that station. As apoosed to declaring war on as many corps in high sec as you can in the hopes that you'll have legal targets.
We do not drop corp or disband in null because of wardecs. We have things that can be lost. |

Jamyl Khanid
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
63
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:29:00 -
[15] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote: my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you.
This 1000 times.
They are here for a reason. The same people that cry foul about you keeping an NPC alt would have no hesitation about Awox-ing your corp or disbanding your entire alliance with a meta alt. Don't let others dictate strategy unless you like being a follower. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1628
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:32:00 -
[16] - Quote
It doesn't even have to be all inclusive stations.
High sec corp finds a system they can drop a station. They get a choice.
A station for production of T2 goods. A station for the refinging of high concentration ore. A station for research and invention.
The station can only do one of those things, and it's up to the corporation to decide what it is it will do.
Players would go the NPC station to run missions, produce T2 goods, refine standard ores, to obtain datacorres.
Beyond that you should go a player run station, were you do not need to be a member of that corp, and that corp can set a higher line rate and lower refine rate for non members. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1628
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:37:00 -
[17] - Quote
Jamyl Khanid wrote:Dave Stark wrote: my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you.
This 1000 times. They are here for a reason. The same people that cry foul about you keeping an NPC alt would have no hesitation about Awox-ing your corp or disbanding your entire alliance with a meta alt. Don't let others dictate strategy unless you like being a follower. What do you mean, "here for a reason".
Some of you aren't paying attention.
CCP is going to make a change. They've already mentioned the possibility of moving T2 production to .7 and lower systems. That means some people, not in a player run corp, would end up not being able to produce T2 goods.
I'm cool with that. However, I'd like a solution that BUFFS the player run corp, not nerfing people who dont' want to play in a player run corp or in low and null sec. |

Dave Stark
1634
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:40:00 -
[18] - Quote
Jamyl Khanid wrote:Dave Stark wrote: my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you.
This 1000 times. They are here for a reason. The same people that cry foul about you keeping an NPC alt would have no hesitation about Awox-ing your corp or disbanding your entire alliance with a meta alt. Don't let others dictate strategy unless you like being a follower.
not even an npc alt, it's a main character. as the goon so eloquently points out, there's nothing in high sec worth fighting or owning, so why not sit in a wardec immune npc corp? "100k for notifications of stupidity, i love this bounty system." |

Grenduk
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
2
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:42:00 -
[19] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote:Jamyl Khanid wrote:Dave Stark wrote: my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you.
This 1000 times. They are here for a reason. The same people that cry foul about you keeping an NPC alt would have no hesitation about Awox-ing your corp or disbanding your entire alliance with a meta alt. Don't let others dictate strategy unless you like being a follower. not even an npc alt, it's a main character. as the goon so eloquently points out, there's nothing in high sec worth fighting or owning so why not sit in a wardec immune npc corp?
Personally, a few reasons. 1) T2 invention. 2) 0.75 production in a POS 3) JC access to 0.0 PI 4) social aspects |

Dave Stark
1634
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:48:00 -
[20] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:Jamyl Khanid wrote:Dave Stark wrote: my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you.
This 1000 times. They are here for a reason. The same people that cry foul about you keeping an NPC alt would have no hesitation about Awox-ing your corp or disbanding your entire alliance with a meta alt. Don't let others dictate strategy unless you like being a follower. not even an npc alt, it's a main character. as the goon so eloquently points out, there's nothing in high sec worth fighting or owning so why not sit in a wardec immune npc corp? Personally, a few reasons. 1) T2 invention. 2) 0.75 production in a POS 3) JC access to 0.0 PI 4) social aspects
and as a miner i have no interest in any of those. hence, npc corp. "100k for notifications of stupidity, i love this bounty system." |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1629
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:50:00 -
[21] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:Jamyl Khanid wrote:Dave Stark wrote: my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you.
This 1000 times. They are here for a reason. The same people that cry foul about you keeping an NPC alt would have no hesitation about Awox-ing your corp or disbanding your entire alliance with a meta alt. Don't let others dictate strategy unless you like being a follower. not even an npc alt, it's a main character. as the goon so eloquently points out, there's nothing in high sec worth fighting or owning so why not sit in a wardec immune npc corp? Personally, a few reasons. 1) T2 invention. 2) 0.75 production in a POS 3) JC access to 0.0 PI 4) social aspects You've got to explain what any of that has to do with any of my ideas.
What does the JC acces to 0,0 PI have to do with high sec corporations and the ability to run a station?
Social aspects? How is a high sec corporation being able to own a station going to have a negative impact on social aspects? Null sec THRIVES and participates in levels of social interaction that is not possible in high sec.
.75 preoduction? You don't need a PoS in high sec to produce the things that dominate the marekt. You only need to be in an NPC corp, working out of an NPC station.
Invention can be done in a PoS, NPC station, Null stations. I'm not suggesting anything that would have any impact on that. |

baltec1
Bat Country
4871
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 18:52:00 -
[22] - Quote
In one war we crippled our enemy by destroying their supply of t3 cruisers. So what you want is already in game. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1631
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 19:04:00 -
[23] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:In one war we crippled our enemy by destroying their supply of t3 cruisers. So what you want is already in game. That's not what I want though.
I want you to do that and effect the MARKET in that region. Same way hulkagdon effected the market, and how ice interdictions can effect the market. Edit: these are larger impaters than I want high sec corps to have as well. I want to make it clear, I want regional impact, not overal market impact like can be gained through hulkagedon type events.
We can't sustain those though.
Nor does it make the NPC corp industrialist worse than the player run one.
I'm competing with a group of people that literally run high sec industry, and I"m not allowed to impact them? That's rediculous.
If T2 industry, and the refining of high concentration ores was run through a player run station, what happens when you take that station offline?
I don't think it's neccesary to "destroy" the station, but other high sec corps should have the means, in war, to take it offline so it's not usable, and then flip it.
That one system can have significant impact on the market in that region.
High sec industrial corps should be allowed to influence the market through warfare. This core to industrial activity. As an industrialist my goal is to sell as much of my stuff as possible, AT THE BEST PRICE I CAN GET. But I have very little recourse when it comes to enforceing my will upon the market.
The abundance of goods that comes out of any given region by an entire group that can not be impacted, makes it impossible for a high sec corporation to strategically enforce their will in that market.
You can't stop the building. |

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
3256
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 19:05:00 -
[24] - Quote
Natsett Amuinn wrote:You don't need a PoS in high sec to produce the things that dominate the marekt. You only need to be in an NPC corp, working out of an NPC station. NPCs are the best, after all. Those who cannot adapt become victims of Evolugalbugaslugakjlwsdhvbzxd Click for old school EVE Portraits: http://jadeconstantine.web44.net/Maison.htm |

Kalanaja
Dog Nation United PNG Associates
27
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 19:26:00 -
[25] - Quote
Natsett Amuinn wrote:baltec1 wrote:In one war we crippled our enemy by destroying their supply of t3 cruisers. So what you want is already in game. That's not what I want though. I want you to do that and effect the MARKET in that region. Same way hulkagdon effected the market, and how ice interdictions can effect the market. Edit: these are larger impaters than I want high sec corps to have as well. I want to make it clear, I want regional impact, not overal market impact like can be gained through hulkagedon type events. We can't sustain those though. Nor does it make the NPC corp industrialist worse than the player run one. I'm competing with a group of people that literally run high sec industry, and I"m not allowed to impact them? That's rediculous. If T2 industry, and the refining of high concentration ores was run through a player run station, what happens when you take that station offline? I don't think it's neccesary to "destroy" the station, but other high sec corps should have the means, in war, to take it offline so it's not usable, and then flip it. That one system can have significant impact on the market in that region. High sec industrial corps should be allowed to influence the market through warfare. This core to industrial activity. As an industrialist my goal is to sell as much of my stuff as possible, AT THE BEST PRICE I CAN GET. But I have very little recourse when it comes to enforceing my will upon the market. The abundance of goods that comes out of any given region by an entire group that can not be impacted, makes it impossible for a high sec corporation to strategically enforce their will in that market. You can't stop the building.
I like how you think. Lots of great ideas. Agreed, buffs to player corps are a major need along with the making wardecs matter in high sec. And pretty much for the OP. If an industrial corp cannot handle being wardecced, or cannot or will not hire guards. Then realistically speaking, you're failing. Even the lowliest industrial worker can clobber someone with a big freaking wrench. If you get decced by a griefer corp. Grab some cheap frigates, fit some weapons and other modules. Then go swarm them. I notice lots of those griefer corps like to fly more expensive ships since they know they probably won't lose them. So blow some of their ships up and cost them some money and grief. |

Grenduk
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
2
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 19:35:00 -
[26] - Quote
Kalanaja wrote:
I like how you think. Lots of great ideas. Agreed, buffs to player corps are a major need along with the making wardecs matter in high sec. And pretty much for the OP. If an industrial corp cannot handle being wardecced, or cannot or will not hire guards. Then realistically speaking, you're failing. Even the lowliest industrial worker can clobber someone with a big freaking wrench. If you get decced by a griefer corp. Grab some cheap frigates, fit some weapons and other modules. Then go swarm them. I notice lots of those griefer corps like to fly more expensive ships since they know they probably won't lose them. So blow some of their ships up and cost them some money and grief.
I dont get these "fight back" folks, have you ever been decced? Wardeccers dont fight to lose, they station hump. Bringing frigates against massively buffer tanked battleships resulting in easy drone kills or docking games while they lulz in local. |

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
3256
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 19:43:00 -
[27] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Kalanaja wrote:
I like how you think. Lots of great ideas. Agreed, buffs to player corps are a major need along with the making wardecs matter in high sec. And pretty much for the OP. If an industrial corp cannot handle being wardecced, or cannot or will not hire guards. Then realistically speaking, you're failing. Even the lowliest industrial worker can clobber someone with a big freaking wrench. If you get decced by a griefer corp. Grab some cheap frigates, fit some weapons and other modules. Then go swarm them. I notice lots of those griefer corps like to fly more expensive ships since they know they probably won't lose them. So blow some of their ships up and cost them some money and grief.
I dont get these "fight back" folks, have you ever been decced? Wardeccers dont fight to lose, they station hump. Bringing frigates against massively buffer tanked battleships resulting in easy drone kills or docking games while they lulz in local. I'm looking for an alternative to space combat. They deprive me of my game, meaning I either pvp or dont play. I want a mechanic to return the favor. Perhaps an NPC corp would help? Those who cannot adapt become victims of Evolugalbugaslugakjlwsdhvbzxd Click for old school EVE Portraits: http://jadeconstantine.web44.net/Maison.htm |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1636
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 20:01:00 -
[28] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Kalanaja wrote:
I like how you think. Lots of great ideas. Agreed, buffs to player corps are a major need along with the making wardecs matter in high sec. And pretty much for the OP. If an industrial corp cannot handle being wardecced, or cannot or will not hire guards. Then realistically speaking, you're failing. Even the lowliest industrial worker can clobber someone with a big freaking wrench. If you get decced by a griefer corp. Grab some cheap frigates, fit some weapons and other modules. Then go swarm them. I notice lots of those griefer corps like to fly more expensive ships since they know they probably won't lose them. So blow some of their ships up and cost them some money and grief.
I dont get these "fight back" folks, have you ever been decced? Wardeccers dont fight to lose, they station hump. Bringing frigates against massively buffer tanked battleships resulting in easy drone kills or docking games while they lulz in local. "I dec, no fight"
They won't undock, that's a problem. Why? They don't need to.
Why don't they need to? Well, if they're an industrialist, you don't ******* need to! Industrialist does not just mean MINER. I do not mine a thing in EVE, yet I have two industrialists.
So we have a problem: 1) No undock, no win. You need to be able to win. They have nothing for you to win though, becaue they don't undock to get blown. Most of us consider, that in EVE when you win it's because you TOOK something. Most of us will not settle on eHonor.
I don't need to undock to do business though. You can sit there for 6 months, 23/7, I'm giggle as I make ISK. We don't all need to undock. If I don't undock you can't win.
You need something to take from them. How about control of the station they're in? If they don't undock, you take the station, and then raise the costs in that station. Now you're taking their isk everytime they do business, in your station.
2) Why did you deck? Are they producting goods for an opponent? All those NPC alts can move those goods, you'll be hard pressed to stop them all by ganking. Not to mention, ganking means you're losing isk.
Just wanted legal targets? That's perfectly fine, but they don't undock so you don't get any. What did that war cost by the way?
Again, if you could take control of the station they're working out of, you would be able to impact their business. NPC corp guys don't really matter, if it's produced in your station, you get paid for it.
And if you're intended legal targets won't undock, **** 'em, they can pay for the right to stay docked in your station.
I think people would be suprised how much more people would undock if that station they're working out of could sudently fall into the hands of someone that doesn't like them. There are things they could let you do with a station that make it very undesirable for them to just let you have it, but not limit anyones ability to do anything.
Wardecs only impact miners and mission runners, and if you're a mission runner you can already fly a ******* pve ship; you have no excuse for fitting a crappy ship to press buttons against another player. Dear god, you might get a crapfit frigate destroyed; oh the horror.
Miners and mission runners that don't like PvP are not going to be happy with any wardec system anyone could ever think up, because the only one that works for them is the one that doesn't exist. |

La Nariz
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
631
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 20:21:00 -
[29] - Quote
Alavaria Fera wrote:Grenduk wrote:Kalanaja wrote:
I like how you think. Lots of great ideas. Agreed, buffs to player corps are a major need along with the making wardecs matter in high sec. And pretty much for the OP. If an industrial corp cannot handle being wardecced, or cannot or will not hire guards. Then realistically speaking, you're failing. Even the lowliest industrial worker can clobber someone with a big freaking wrench. If you get decced by a griefer corp. Grab some cheap frigates, fit some weapons and other modules. Then go swarm them. I notice lots of those griefer corps like to fly more expensive ships since they know they probably won't lose them. So blow some of their ships up and cost them some money and grief.
I dont get these "fight back" folks, have you ever been decced? Wardeccers dont fight to lose, they station hump. Bringing frigates against massively buffer tanked battleships resulting in easy drone kills or docking games while they lulz in local. I'm looking for an alternative to space combat. They deprive me of my game, meaning I either pvp or dont play. I want a mechanic to return the favor. Perhaps an NPC corp would help?
CONCORD will save us! This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1638
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 20:28:00 -
[30] - Quote
The right of every capsuleer to earn isk, unimpeded, shall not be infringed. |

La Nariz
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
631
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 20:38:00 -
[31] - Quote
Natsett Amuinn wrote:The right of every capsuleer to earn isk, unimpeded, shall not be infringed.
it's in the highsec constiution we mustnt let the highsec republicans besmirch the highsec constitution This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. |

baltec1
Bat Country
4872
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 20:59:00 -
[32] - Quote
Natsett Amuinn wrote:baltec1 wrote:In one war we crippled our enemy by destroying their supply of t3 cruisers. So what you want is already in game. That's not what I want though. I want you to do that and effect the MARKET in that region. Same way hulkagdon effected the market, and how ice interdictions can effect the market. Edit: these are larger impaters than I want high sec corps to have as well. I want to make it clear, I want regional impact, not overal market impact like can be gained through hulkagedon type events.
You can do this, Its just a question of money and intel. |

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Air The Unthinkables
2609
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 21:04:00 -
[33] - Quote
ban npc corps |

Dave Stark
1639
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 21:07:00 -
[34] - Quote
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:ban npc corps and where do all the people in npc corps end up? "100k for notifications of stupidity, i love this bounty system." |

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
3259
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 21:14:00 -
[35] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote:Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:ban npc corps and where do all the people in npc corps end up? Exactly, we NEED NPC corps. In recognition that this is the last haven of many mackinaws and freighters stuffed with too much stuff, they need to be buffed. Those who cannot adapt become victims of Evolugalbugaslugakjlwsdhvbzxd Click for old school EVE Portraits: http://jadeconstantine.web44.net/Maison.htm |

Psychotic Monk
The Skunkworks
549
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 21:22:00 -
[36] - Quote
Natsett Amuinn wrote: High sec industrial corps should be allowed to influence the market through warfare. This core to industrial activity. As an industrialist my goal is to sell as much of my stuff as possible, AT THE BEST PRICE I CAN GET. But I have very little recourse when it comes to enforceing my will upon the market.
You are allowed to effect the market. You have the same tools as everyone else with which to do so. This isn't a class game. Picking the industrialist class doesn't mean you can't use the methods of the pvper class. The very events you point to as things you'd like to emulate the effects of give you the map to your goal. Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement. |

Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics CODE.
644
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 21:24:00 -
[37] - Quote
Yet another thread by a carebear who wants the edge in this game, but doesn't wanna have to do "stuff". |

Captain Tardbar
NEWB ALERT
40
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 22:09:00 -
[38] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Wardecs are perfect as is. PVP corps can deny industrial corps access to their preferred play style because eve is a harsh and cold universe.
Problem is, it's not harsh and cold for the PVP corp. They get what they want without any consequences. We need a counter mechanic for industrial focused players that provides the same emergent gameplay fun!
I introduce the Marketdec. Corp A can bribe Concord to restrict all market interaction for Corp B. Now pvpers must mine and build their own stuff, thus forcing the industrial playstyle on them.
Same result for the other half of the game.
This idea would break the game and ruin EvE.
Also, I support it. "Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I hate the way you play and it makes me cry like a baby" |

Lovely Dumplings
Lambda Mining
45
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 22:22:00 -
[39] - Quote
I think I saw this idea earlier re: wardecs, and it made sense. Add an extra step to the initial wardec: Attacker pays 50mil, defender is given the option to make it mutual, or pay their own ISK to raise the ISK fee of the attacker.
Example: Corp A plunks down 50 mil to attack Corp B. Corp B, being industrialists with deep pockets, throws down 3 billion to cancel the dec Corp A is given the option to pay 3 bil more to fire the war off.
Have it done every week the war stays non-mutual. This lets an industrial corp leverage it's strength against a PVP corp, IF said industrialists are prepared. CONCORD can keep all the fees either way, as a new ISK sink. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1643
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 22:53:00 -
[40] - Quote
baltec1 wrote:
You can do this, Its just a question of money and intel.
What good is the bounty on a high sec corp, who doesn't undock, and has nothing to lose?
There's no control over the T2 market. The corporation that's responcible for the bulk of the market can't be wardeced. Ganking isn't the solution. Is anyone denying that the bulk of T2 products on the market isn't made by people in NPC corporations?
I face the equivilent of a NPC corp guy being able to come to null, and if I shoot them CONCORD pwns me and they can shoot me all day. I'm not exagerating this.
There is NO sufficient means of poking the biggest instigators in EVE. The only thing ganking enough people to have an impact will do, is lead to changes that make EVE safer. Gank enough frieghters and CCP will do something with them. Gank enough miners and CCP will...
When I fly around high sec, I see miners from NPC corps. I don't see many miners from player run corps. And when they are in a corp, I check that corp out and it's usually an incredibly small number of people, usually whatever sitting in the belt mining, with a name having only a numerical difference.
I already got the intel part down. I know exactly who it is that impacts me. There isn't enough ISK for anyone to fight back. I have the tools to fight back against other player run corporations, but they aren't the ones impacting me. The corporations that impact me, CCP says I can't put a bounty on them, and if I want to poke them I have to gank them.
The supply line aspect of it all doesn't really bother me. Ganking frieghters to disrupt the enemy is about the only thing that's working. NPC corp guys moving goods is fine with me. I think it's actually good for the game that the NPC corps be used to avoid the wardec for the purpose of moving things around; crazy, I know.
It doesn't matter where you play, if you're an industrialist and you're in a player run corporation, ther'se four corporations that will have massive impact on what you do, and you can't do **** about it. We can't disrupt NPC corp production enough to reach a point where player run corps have control over the goods on the market; it's never happend.
Give that power to the high sec corporation and they will grow, they will fight to hold onto it power. Those that can't, will ally with those that can. Those that simply wouldn't lke to take part in a more dynamic high sec would just have to pay whatever the player run corporations decide they should.
Wardecs represent a significant level of risk and effort. High sec corporations that stay together are not being rewarded for assuming any of that risk and effort. They have nothing to win or lose.
I believe that high sec corporations should be fighting over the power to control T2 production. Not the ability to do it, but to tax people for doing it.
That would be an incredibly meaningful thing for people to declare war on each other over in high sec.
War is pretty meaningles when there's nothing being faught over. And the people we should be going to war with, can't be decced because they have no reason to join a player run corporation.
Let the player run corporations tax those people. |

Murk Paradox
Dvice Shipyards No Value
232
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 22:58:00 -
[41] - Quote
Sounds like Null Sov isn't for you. "I say tomato, you say tomaCCP BAN ALL TOMATOES THEY ARE HARASSING ME I WANT TOMATO FREE HIGHSEC."-á -TheGunslinger42 Proud enforcer of the Code, see [url]http://www.minerbumping.com[/url] for details. |

Maire Gheren
Imperial Shipment Amarr Empire
112
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 23:08:00 -
[42] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:I dont get these "fight back" folks, have you ever been decced? Wardeccers dont fight to lose, they station hump. Bringing frigates against massively buffer tanked battleships resulting in easy drone kills or docking games while they lulz in local.. So make some undock bookmarks and start loling at them instead, shortly before you warp back in at zero on the bait frigate you let them attack and (now that they have an aggression timer running) scramble, tackle, and dismantle their fancy ship. |

Captain Tardbar
NEWB ALERT
40
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 23:08:00 -
[43] - Quote
Natsett Amuinn wrote:baltec1 wrote:
You can do this, Its just a question of money and intel.
What good is the bounty on a high sec corp, who doesn't undock, and has nothing to lose? There's no control over the T2 market. The corporation that's responcible for the bulk of the market can't be wardeced. Ganking isn't the solution. Is anyone denying that the bulk of T2 products on the market isn't made by people in NPC corporations? I face the equivilent of a NPC corp guy being able to come to null, and if I shoot them CONCORD pwns me and they can shoot me all day. I'm not exagerating this. There is NO sufficient means of poking the biggest instigators in EVE. The only thing ganking enough people to have an impact will do, is lead to changes that make EVE safer. Gank enough frieghters and CCP will do something with them. Gank enough miners and CCP will... When I fly around high sec, I see miners from NPC corps. I don't see many miners from player run corps. And when they are in a corp, I check that corp out and it's usually an incredibly small number of people, usually whatever sitting in the belt mining, with a name having only a numerical difference. I already got the intel part down. I know exactly who it is that impacts me. There isn't enough ISK for anyone to fight back. I have the tools to fight back against other player run corporations, but they aren't the ones impacting me. The corporations that impact me, CCP says I can't put a bounty on them, and if I want to poke them I have to gank them. The supply line aspect of it all doesn't really bother me. Ganking frieghters to disrupt the enemy is about the only thing that's working. NPC corp guys moving goods is fine with me. I think it's actually good for the game that the NPC corps be used to avoid the wardec for the purpose of moving things around; crazy, I know. It doesn't matter where you play, if you're an industrialist and you're in a player run corporation, ther'se four corporations that will have massive impact on what you do, and you can't do **** about it. We can't disrupt NPC corp production enough to reach a point where player run corps have control over the goods on the market; it's never happend. Give that power to the high sec corporation and they will grow, they will fight to hold onto it power. Those that can't, will ally with those that can. Those that simply wouldn't lke to take part in a more dynamic high sec would just have to pay whatever the player run corporations decide they should. Wardecs represent a significant level of risk and effort. High sec corporations that stay together are not being rewarded for assuming any of that risk and effort. They have nothing to win or lose. I believe that high sec corporations should be fighting over the power to control T2 production. Not the ability to do it, but to tax people for doing it. That would be an incredibly meaningful thing for people to declare war on each other over in high sec. War is pretty meaningles when there's nothing being faught over. And the people we should be going to war with, can't be decced because they have no reason to join a player run corporation. Let the player run corporations tax those people.
In order to accomplish getting people out of NPC corps and into player run corps, you need a really big carrot and a complete overhaul of how corporations work.
For starters, corporations should pay thier employees instead of tax them like what happens in real life. Basically what there should be is first a corporation market just for its employees which you can easily sell your goods to your own corporation without dealing with outside people. Of course you can do this with corporation contract, but its a pain and not automated.
Secondly, (and some people don't like this) there should be better methods to manage wealth in a corporation. Letting employees have access to some wealth without giving them access to its entireity. It might cut down on corp theft but the truth of the matter is that because you can't control this, people don't want to put the effort into starting a corp.
Also, corp mates should not be able to kill each other automatically without recourse. Concord should get involved with such events. Again, I know people won't like this change, but if the idea is to get people out of NPC corps you need to give them a bigger carrot to get them out.
"Entitlement" is a euphemism for "I hate the way you play and it makes me cry like a baby" |

Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
124
|
Posted - 2013.01.21 23:19:00 -
[44] - Quote
The equivilant mechanic would be the ability to forbid people from purchasing from your orders. Forbidding them all orders would be the same of pvp corps being able to bribe concord to not defend against anyone. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1645
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 00:03:00 -
[45] - Quote
Captain Tardbar wrote:
In order to accomplish getting people out of NPC corps and into player run corps, you need a really big carrot and a complete overhaul of how corporations work.
For starters, corporations should pay thier employees instead of tax them like what happens in real life. Basically what there should be is first a corporation market just for its employees which you can easily sell your goods to your own corporation without dealing with outside people. Of course you can do this with corporation contract, but its a pain and not automated.
Secondly, (and some people don't like this) there should be better methods to manage wealth in a corporation. Letting employees have access to some wealth without giving them access to its entireity. It might cut down on corp theft but the truth of the matter is that because you can't control this, people don't want to put the effort into starting a corp.
Also, corp mates should not be able to kill each other automatically without recourse. Concord should get involved with such events. Again, I know people won't like this change, but if the idea is to get people out of NPC corps you need to give them a bigger carrot to get them out.
I don't know about you, but I think being able to control a high sec station is a HUGE frigging carot.
If players run corps control the stations, then WHO controls it becomes a dynamic and they would be tied directly into all T2 production in EVE.
Wanting to oust one group in favor of another would be a real thing in high sec. I'd support the group that's supporting me.
A corporation driving down the cost of T2 goods by providing lots of lines and cheap production costs would be someone I'd contribute in removing; in favor of the guy that reduces lines and increases costs.
It wouldn't matter that the NPC corps do the producing at that point. And if owning the station provided real benefits to being in the corp or another allied with it, people would join corps for that.
Look how many one man corps get formed to avoid a piddly tax rate. You think peole wouldn't join a player run corp because they have a significant impact on their ability to produce goods and make MORE isk.
I think they would. |

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
750
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 01:36:00 -
[46] - Quote
I suggested a "boycott" function for the market before, but as others pointed out then, alts would make it moot.
Show me a hardcore PvP/pirate/ganker/wanker that doesn't have a perfectly law-abiding hisec carebare money-maker alt and I'll show you a liar. EvE Forum Bingo |

Piugattuk
Lima beans Corp
303
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 01:51:00 -
[47] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:oh, also i think we just all missed the flaw of:
buy goods on an out of corp alt. contract it to your other character. totally ignore this entire mechanic. Isn't that all smart players do with wardecs anyway? Stay docked, contract to alts and red frog resulting in a contract and login game that sucks all the fun out?
Shhhh, don't say this...CCP may gimp this and my alts won't be worth the time I put in them to be on par with my main. |

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Air The Unthinkables
2610
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 02:17:00 -
[48] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote:Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:ban npc corps and where do all the people in npc corps end up? effectively 1man player corps, deccable but undissolvable (because there is no NPC corps) |

FloppieTheBanjoClown
The Skunkworks
2525
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 04:11:00 -
[49] - Quote
Won't work. If you can't figure out why, I'm not going to tell you. Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement. |

FloppieTheBanjoClown
The Skunkworks
2525
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 04:13:00 -
[50] - Quote
Katran Luftschreck wrote:Show me a hardcore PvP/pirate/ganker/wanker that doesn't have a perfectly law-abiding hisec carebare money-maker alt and I'll show you a liar. Ahem.
I don't have a money-maker alt. I get my money through wardecs, ganks, theft, scams, and if I need to, exploration. I have no problem pulling out my Tengu and doing a little scanning while my wartargets cower in stations waiting for me to go away. Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement. |

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
383
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 21:27:00 -
[51] - Quote
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:Dave Stark wrote:Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:ban npc corps and where do all the people in npc corps end up? effectively 1man player corps, deccable but undissolvable (because there is no NPC corps)
Thumbs up. If you want instant gratification, go stimulate your genitals. EvE is Hard, deal with it. |

Natsett Amuinn
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1657
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 22:06:00 -
[52] - Quote
I think it's interesting that people think dumping others into one man corps woudln't work.
I wouldn't want them to do that but, but...
Is that not what it's like already? Isn't high sec full of one man corps? I'm pretty sure it is.
They just have the NPC corps to exploit when you wardec them.
I think some of you guys have an unrealistic idea that the NPC corps are full of "new" players. They're barely full of new characters. Good lord!
lol, the NPC corps don't house new players, people. It's a bunch of ******* alts of people in other corporations. I know, I have some of my own!
Obviously I'm exagerating, there's new players in the NPC corps. But the truth is, it's not that many, and a whole hell of a lot of those guys are just like me. They have a corped main, and NPC alts.
Because there's no reason to put an industrialist or mission runner in a corporation. |

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
3380
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 22:22:00 -
[53] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote:Grenduk wrote:Dave Stark wrote:Jamyl Khanid wrote:Dave Stark wrote: my wardec immune npc corp laughs at you.
This 1000 times. They are here for a reason. The same people that cry foul about you keeping an NPC alt would have no hesitation about Awox-ing your corp or disbanding your entire alliance with a meta alt. Don't let others dictate strategy unless you like being a follower. not even an npc alt, it's a main character. as the goon so eloquently points out, there's nothing in high sec worth fighting or owning so why not sit in a wardec immune npc corp? Personally, a few reasons. 1) T2 invention. 2) 0.75 production in a POS 3) JC access to 0.0 PI 4) social aspects and as a miner i have no interest in any of those. hence, npc corp. I've always felt that the variety of ore should be a lot more granular though out the various sec level's as well... where you find better ore in .5 systems than in .9, and varieties of or in low sec unavailable anywhere else.
Anyway, carry on... To carve a successful niche for yourself in EVE you need to be able to out sell, out produce, out fight,-á out run, or out wit your competitors. If you can do none of the above, your only option is to complain on the forums that somehow you are at a disadvantage using the exact same tool set-áas the rest of the player base. |

Dave Stark
1650
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 22:30:00 -
[54] - Quote
Ranger 1 wrote:I've always felt that the variety of ore should be a lot more granular though out the various sec level's as well... where you find better ore in .5 systems than in .9, and varieties of or in low sec unavailable anywhere else.
Anyway, carry on...
so you mean, exactly how it works now? "100k for notifications of stupidity, i love this bounty system." |

Mister S Burke
LUNA INDUSTRIES
54
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 22:31:00 -
[55] - Quote
Psychotic Monk wrote:
But pvp players are stalking you and fighting you and generally getting all the way up into your cheese fries. Why shouldn't you have to work to get up into our business?
.
No they don't, they run away if you undock more than 1 T1 frigate.
|

Pookie McPook
The Whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch
23
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 22:43:00 -
[56] - Quote
Grenduk wrote:Wardecs are perfect as is. PVP corps can deny industrial corps access to their preferred play style because eve is a harsh and cold universe.
Problem is, it's not harsh and cold for the PVP corp. They get what they want without any consequences. We need a counter mechanic for industrial focused players that provides the same emergent gameplay fun!
That's a little bit idealistic and, dare I say it, niaive. It's a bit like saying that wildebeest should be able to pwn the lions on the Serengeti. Their defense is numbers and therefore statistics. Industrial corps have a fairly stress free life with few dangers costing them ISK. PVP corps however live a high octane, expensive life. View the PVP corps as the carnivores at the top of the food chain and industrial corps the herbivores they feast off. Nature can be cruel, but not half as cruel as EVE. |

Grenduk
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
5
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 22:51:00 -
[57] - Quote
Reading responses, reading dev responses to posts like mine, thinking about the game, I've come to a realization.
If you dont crave pvp and want it all the time, you should quit this game. The game is for pvp, thats it. Anything else exists just to facilitate and service pvp. All mechanics in the game are designed to provide variety to the pvpers.
Mining, industry, and PVE exist only to create an artificial value to pvp loss, thus giving pvp "meaning".
The sooner you accept it, you'll be happier in game and out (even if that means playing another game).
might as well lock this thread now. |

bongsmoke
School of Applied Knowledge Caldari State
93
|
Posted - 2013.01.22 23:55:00 -
[58] - Quote
Psychotic Monk wrote:That's not something that the industrial player is *doing*. If pvp corps attacking industrial corps only had to throw in the dec and walk away, then we'd be talking.
But pvp players are stalking you and fighting you and generally getting all the way up into your cheese fries. Why shouldn't you have to work to get up into our business?
Additionally, as an experienced user of game mechanics, I know that I would be using that same 'industrial dec' on you. And probably as many corps as I possibly could.
Remember, any tool given to you is also given to me, and vice versa.
But doesn't an Indy corp have bpo's and the material already for pvp ships? Seems pvp corp still loses.
I support this thread for pvp tears. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |