Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
IcesailM
IcesailM

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.11 20:26:00 - [1]

This mission (Guristas) can be done fairly easy on a Ferox.
I do it all the time (my agent has a fetish for this mission.... I get it 2-3 times a day).

My Ferox Setup: (Only T1 items)

Highs:
5 Heavy Launchers
2 250 Protos

Mids:
Large C5
Kin Hardner
Thermal Hardner
18% Cap Recharger
AB (or large shield extender)

Lows:
Ballistic Control
3 PDS

6 Medium Drone Thermal(Can only control 3 Medium Drones at a range of 15km)

My tactics:
Gate 1 - Just kill eerything and LEAVE THE MISSILE TURRETS ALONE. Kill Turrets after all the ships are dead

Gate 2 - Warp in, Lock the 2 frigates/inties, Align to run away from the turrets, start moving (no ABs, u need the cap to boost). As soon as you get a lock on one of the small ships, fire everything at it. The first ship should die in one salvo, get your 250s on the second small ship and fire. Save the missiles for the bigger targets.
Launch drones and have them orbit you. This will serve 2 purposes. First, they will be already out when any frigate/intie gets in range, Second, and most important, they will become targets. With the new changes to the way rats target and switch targets, there is a very good chance that something will be shooting at your drones and killing them, which for you means that they are not shooting at you (which is good).
Target one of the Heavy missile battery (if not already done) and kill one of them.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one of the turrets before you are done with the cruisers.

Next, Kill the cruisers. By now the small ship should be in range of your drones, set them to attack it, the frigate will not last long against the drones.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one before you are done with the cruisers.

Once all the ships are dead (about 5 mins), Head back and kill missile turret and the other 2 in any order u like.

Having the drones out helps alot. If you are lucky, the frigates/inties will target your drones and u can kill them w/o having to worry about being scrambled.
If you are really lucky, the cruisers will target them and not fire at you. Although I can only control 3 drones at the time I fill my bay with medium drones (or light drones) and just keep sending them out as they get blown up. Drones are cheap and they take the heat from you.

I have been playing this game for less than 3 months, have been on a Raven for 2 months. After the missile nerf, I went back to do L3s on my Ferox (cheaper to replace and nobody was sure how bad the nerf would be), and it has been fun. I do L4s with a corp mate (we use the buddy system for L4s :), and solo L3s. If I just want to "mine with my missiles" I'll run the L3s solo on a Raven fited with Cruise missiles and medium lasers and see how fast I can do them (i.e. 3min 30 secs for L3 damsel mission, 41 mins for a L3 gurista extrav, 57 mins for Angels extrav). If I want to have a bit more fun and I am not in a hurry to make isk, i'll take my Ferox for the L3s, its lots of fun.

If you get this mission and want some company, send me a page in-game, as long its not more than 8 jumps from me I would be more than happy to help you out. (I mostly do mission out of Inoue)

The Ferox can tank like crazy. The setup I described here (except for large shield extender - prepatch values- in place of AB)was tested against a mates Raven using torps (pre-patch). He used Juggs and Infernos.
The Ferox was able to tank 36 torp hits before any damage start to get to the armor. (of course, because of flight time, once I told my mate to stop, I still got hit by an additional 6 torpedos getting my shield to 20%)

Hope this helps....

Icesail
IcesailM
IcesailM

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.11 20:26:00 - [2]

This mission (Guristas) can be done fairly easy on a Ferox.
I do it all the time (my agent has a fetish for this mission.... I get it 2-3 times a day).

My Ferox Setup: (Only T1 items)

Highs:
5 Heavy Launchers
2 250 Protos

Mids:
Large C5
Kin Hardner
Thermal Hardner
18% Cap Recharger
AB (or large shield extender)

Lows:
Ballistic Control
3 PDS

6 Medium Drone Thermal(Can only control 3 Medium Drones at a range of 15km)

My tactics:
Gate 1 - Just kill eerything and LEAVE THE MISSILE TURRETS ALONE. Kill Turrets after all the ships are dead

Gate 2 - Warp in, Lock the 2 frigates/inties, Align to run away from the turrets, start moving (no ABs, u need the cap to boost). As soon as you get a lock on one of the small ships, fire everything at it. The first ship should die in one salvo, get your 250s on the second small ship and fire. Save the missiles for the bigger targets.
Launch drones and have them orbit you. This will serve 2 purposes. First, they will be already out when any frigate/intie gets in range, Second, and most important, they will become targets. With the new changes to the way rats target and switch targets, there is a very good chance that something will be shooting at your drones and killing them, which for you means that they are not shooting at you (which is good).
Target one of the Heavy missile battery (if not already done) and kill one of them.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one of the turrets before you are done with the cruisers.

Next, Kill the cruisers. By now the small ship should be in range of your drones, set them to attack it, the frigate will not last long against the drones.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one before you are done with the cruisers.

Once all the ships are dead (about 5 mins), Head back and kill missile turret and the other 2 in any order u like.

Having the drones out helps alot. If you are lucky, the frigates/inties will target your drones and u can kill them w/o having to worry about being scrambled.
If you are really lucky, the cruisers will target them and not fire at you. Although I can only control 3 drones at the time I fill my bay with medium drones (or light drones) and just keep sending them out as they get blown up. Drones are cheap and they take the heat from you.

I have been playing this game for less than 3 months, have been on a Raven for 2 months. After the missile nerf, I went back to do L3s on my Ferox (cheaper to replace and nobody was sure how bad the nerf would be), and it has been fun. I do L4s with a corp mate (we use the buddy system for L4s :), and solo L3s. If I just want to "mine with my missiles" I'll run the L3s solo on a Raven fited with Cruise missiles and medium lasers and see how fast I can do them (i.e. 3min 30 secs for L3 damsel mission, 41 mins for a L3 gurista extrav, 57 mins for Angels extrav). If I want to have a bit more fun and I am not in a hurry to make isk, i'll take my Ferox for the L3s, its lots of fun.

If you get this mission and want some company, send me a page in-game, as long its not more than 8 jumps from me I would be more than happy to help you out. (I mostly do mission out of Inoue)

The Ferox can tank like crazy. The setup I described here (except for large shield extender - prepatch values- in place of AB)was tested against a mates Raven using torps (pre-patch). He used Juggs and Infernos.
The Ferox was able to tank 36 torp hits before any damage start to get to the armor. (of course, because of flight time, once I told my mate to stop, I still got hit by an additional 6 torpedos getting my shield to 20%)

Hope this helps....

Icesail

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240517/2200
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.