Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. 11 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Angel Alita
Angel Alita

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.07.12 12:38:00 - [1]

Just "experienced" the lvl 3 mission Spy Stash mission and was trying to see if what I found is normal.

For those who have not encountered it, it is a deadspace mission involving two pockets. The first is populated by several groups of angel ships, and some light missile turrets.

Although it is unnecessary, I cleared out the first pocket without too much difficulty. Flying a Brutix, and warping out when the cap drained. The cruiser rats fire some heavy missiles and seemed to have a reasonable tank against my Brutix's 200mm rails.

I then used the second gate to move onto the second pocket, and this is where the fun started. There are several sentries and an a group of rats. If I remember correctly, its about 4 sentry guns, two of which are firing heavy missiles.

It took the rats less than 10 seconds to destroy my Brutix. I was being hit by Havoc heavy missiles for in excess of 200 damage against shields (60% resist) and armour (50% resist). My ship was also warp scrambled, so I tried to switch target to the tacklers. My UI was still displaying 80-90% hull when I got the "Ship Out Of Control" message.

The last entry in the log is a missile hitting my hull for a staggering 450 damage.

Has anyone else encountered anything similar? And for those yet to attempt this mission, dont forget the speed and rate of fire of the rats.
Angel Alita
Angel Alita
Gallente
The Scope

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.07.12 12:38:00 - [2]

Edited by: Angel Alita on 12/07/2005 13:28:03
Just "experienced" the lvl 3 mission Spy Stash mission and was trying to see if what I found is normal.

For those who have not encountered it, it is a deadspace mission involving two pockets. The first is populated by several groups of angel ships, and some light missile turrets.

Although it is unnecessary, I cleared out the first pocket without too much difficulty. Flying a Brutix, and warping out when the cap drained. The cruiser rats fire some heavy missiles and seemed to have a reasonable tank against my Brutix's 200mm rails.

I then used the second gate to move onto the second pocket, and this is where the fun started. There are several sentries and an a group of rats. If I remember correctly, its about 4 sentry guns, two of which are firing heavy missiles.

It took the rats less than 10 seconds to destroy my Brutix. I was being hit by Havoc heavy missiles for in excess of 200 damage against shields (60% resist) and armour (50% resist). My ship was also warp scrambled, so I tried to switch target to the tacklers. My UI was still displaying 80-90% hull when I got the "Ship Out Of Control" message.

The last entry in the log is a missile hitting my hull for a staggering 450 damage.

Has anyone else encountered anything similar? And for those yet to attempt this mission, dont forget the speed and rate of fire of the rats.

Edit:
I mean to say, it was an explosive heavy missile doing the 450 damage. The other heavy missiles were doing under 100 damage per hit against shields and armour.
Ryy Kishin
Ryy Kishin

Posted - 2005.07.12 13:16:00 - [3]

Had this mission the other day and attempted it in my Cyclone, I ended up warping out and getting my Tempest to finish it, I had half hull left in the Cyclone on the last level after my drones took out the warp scramblers.

Live Hard Die Young Leave A Good Looking Corpse

Ryy Kishin
Ryy Kishin
Forsaken Knights

Posted - 2005.07.12 13:16:00 - [4]

Had this mission the other day and attempted it in my Cyclone, I ended up warping out and getting my Tempest to finish it, I had half hull left in the Cyclone on the last level after my drones took out the warp scramblers.
------------------------------------------------

Live Hard Die Young Leave A Good Looking Corpse.

Aldanor
Aldanor

Posted - 2005.07.12 13:18:00 - [5]

Its way too overpowered and is not a representation of any of the other level 3 missions, just avoid it like the plague. I really hope that it gets nerfed coz it is ludicrous compared to every other mission - hell id bet that half the lvl4s arent that hard hitting!
Aldanor
Aldanor
Raging Primates Sqdn

Posted - 2005.07.12 13:18:00 - [6]

Its way too overpowered and is not a representation of any of the other level 3 missions, just avoid it like the plague. I really hope that it gets nerfed coz it is ludicrous compared to every other mission - hell id bet that half the lvl4s arent that hard hitting!
Physicist
Physicist

Posted - 2005.07.12 13:47:00 - [7]

I have completed this mission 4 times in my Prophecy. With BC skill at only 3 it is a 'challenging' mission but not overly hard. I have resists close to 70% but I still take a pounding. Last time I completed it I didn't have to warp out.

Mix ur tactics. I've only just started lvl3 missions and this is one of my favourites, next to Duo of Death.

Physicist
Physicist
Gallente
Chrysalis Group

Posted - 2005.07.12 13:47:00 - [8]

I have completed this mission 4 times in my Prophecy. With BC skill at only 3 it is a 'challenging' mission but not overly hard. I have resists close to 70% but I still take a pounding. Last time I completed it I didn't have to warp out.

Mix ur tactics. I've only just started lvl3 missions and this is one of my favourites, next to Duo of Death.

Dirus
Dirus

Posted - 2005.07.12 14:10:00 - [9]

I've done that mission a few times myself in my Armageddon, and it barely leaves a scratch. Once everthing has you targeted, unleash the drones on the ships, then devote all your firepower to the turret sentries (seemed to do the most damage). Careful with the drones, they will go on a murderous rampage and blow up all the buildings in site and not enemy ships by default.
450 damage seems quite high tho, mine only hit at 50-100.
Everyone deserves to die.
You go first.

Dirus
Dirus

Posted - 2005.07.12 14:10:00 - [10]

I've done that mission a few times myself in my Armageddon, and it barely leaves a scratch. Once everthing has you targeted, unleash the drones on the ships, then devote all your firepower to the turret sentries (seemed to do the most damage). Careful with the drones, they will go on a murderous rampage and blow up all the buildings in site and not enemy ships by default.
elFarto
elFarto

Posted - 2005.07.12 14:34:00 - [11]

I had this mission the other day, altho mine had Gruistas in it. The first area was quite fun, got caught a little off guard by the amount of rats that aggro'ed me at once, but nothing my ferox couldn't handle.

The second area was a bit more difficult but I managed to take out one of the heavy missile sentries first which helped. All in all I don't remember my shields ever getting to the point that I would need warpout. (My ferox is setup for a shield tank).

As for the missiles, I don't remember them being a problem, 450 damage would start to be a problem for my ferox.

All in all I like this mission.

Regards
elFarto
elFarto
elFarto
New Order Industries

Posted - 2005.07.12 14:34:00 - [12]

I had this mission the other day, altho mine had Gruistas in it. The first area was quite fun, got caught a little off guard by the amount of rats that aggro'ed me at once, but nothing my ferox couldn't handle.

The second area was a bit more difficult but I managed to take out one of the heavy missile sentries first which helped. All in all I don't remember my shields ever getting to the point that I would need warpout. (My ferox is setup for a shield tank).

As for the missiles, I don't remember them being a problem, 450 damage would start to be a problem for my ferox.

All in all I like this mission.

Regards
elFarto

NPC database
Mal: This is your captain speaking. We're having some technical difficulties, so we may experience some turbulence, and then explode.
Dalker
Dalker

Posted - 2005.07.12 15:05:00 - [13]

I just ran this mission for the first time last night also. Seeing that I am a Raven pilot and still trying to figure out what a good set up is I have been running lvl3 missions for testing. I too thought the damage in the second pocket was a bit high. I did not have to warp out but getting hit by heavy missiles for 360 damage does seem to be a bit off the mark.
Dalker
Dalker

Posted - 2005.07.12 15:05:00 - [14]

I just ran this mission for the first time last night also. Seeing that I am a Raven pilot and still trying to figure out what a good set up is I have been running lvl3 missions for testing. I too thought the damage in the second pocket was a bit high. I did not have to warp out but getting hit by heavy missiles for 360 damage does seem to be a bit off the mark.
MineallMine
MineallMine

Posted - 2005.07.12 16:32:00 - [15]

I got this mission for the first time last week. It was one of those "just one more mission before I go to bed typ things."

I would have/should have just put it off a day but I wanted that sweet 100 Burst bonus. Anyway, I went charging out in my Wolf, made it throught the first level (had to warp out once), then was circling my first Battery in the second level when I noticed I was being wap scrambled and shot to hell.

So I lost my Wolf ... But what a gret mission. I went back and finished it with my Cyclone, took some time but it is nice to have to change load outs and tactics eery once in a while.

I have only got it one oher time. The first time the scramblers were at the second stge, the other time they were at the original warp in.

All in all I have to say all of the new missions I've done (Spy Stash, BM Hub, Missing Convoy) have been great.

Oh, and Angel Heavy and Light missile batteries hit for 3x damage, they did before the patch too, which is why I was flying a Wolf to begin with. I'm assuming Cruise missle launchers are 3x too but can't be sure since I have only flown AF for the BM hub and only take a fraction of the damage.
MineallMine
MineallMine

Posted - 2005.07.12 16:32:00 - [16]

I got this mission for the first time last week. It was one of those "just one more mission before I go to bed typ things."

I would have/should have just put it off a day but I wanted that sweet 100 Burst bonus. Anyway, I went charging out in my Wolf, made it throught the first level (had to warp out once), then was circling my first Battery in the second level when I noticed I was being wap scrambled and shot to hell.

So I lost my Wolf ... But what a gret mission. I went back and finished it with my Cyclone, took some time but it is nice to have to change load outs and tactics eery once in a while.

I have only got it one oher time. The first time the scramblers were at the second stge, the other time they were at the original warp in.

All in all I have to say all of the new missions I've done (Spy Stash, BM Hub, Missing Convoy) have been great.

Oh, and Angel Heavy and Light missile batteries hit for 3x damage, they did before the patch too, which is why I was flying a Wolf to begin with. I'm assuming Cruise missle launchers are 3x too but can't be sure since I have only flown AF for the BM hub and only take a fraction of the damage.
craptacular
craptacular

Posted - 2005.07.12 19:08:00 - [17]

730k sp noob, formerly owner of a brutix in which i could solo all lvl 3 missions with a bit of work.

Then came "Spy Stash".
Tanked my way through the first stage with medium & small repairers II.
Jumped into the next stage, aligned and then frantically turned on repairers as i realised the scale of the incoming damage (as an afterthought, it was mostly for decoration).
Got scrambled and my brutix swapped for a capsule.
In fact, i've never stood a chance.

And now i have to pack my stuff and move on to a lower quality agent because i keep on getting either the "Spy stash" or "Black Market Hub" and have no suicidal tendencies.
I guess i was making too much easy money and as a major source of inflation i had to be stopped.

There's still something unclear to me: when i'll grow up, flying an overpriced BS, what makes CCP think i'll keep on doing lvl 3 missions with silly loot & bounties when i could get at least the lowest hanging fruits of lvl 4?

I hope we can at least agree that mission is totally out of proportion.
craptacular
craptacular
Gallente
Aliastra

Posted - 2005.07.12 19:08:00 - [18]

730k sp noob, formerly owner of a brutix in which i could solo all lvl 3 missions with a bit of work.

Then came "Spy Stash".
Tanked my way through the first stage with medium & small repairers II.
Jumped into the next stage, aligned and then frantically turned on repairers as i realised the scale of the incoming damage (as an afterthought, it was mostly for decoration).
Got scrambled and my brutix swapped for a capsule.
In fact, i've never stood a chance.

And now i have to pack my stuff and move on to a lower quality agent because i keep on getting either the "Spy stash" or "Black Market Hub" and have no suicidal tendencies.
I guess i was making too much easy money and as a major source of inflation i had to be stopped.

There's still something unclear to me: when i'll grow up, flying an overpriced BS, what makes CCP think i'll keep on doing lvl 3 missions with silly loot & bounties when i could get at least the lowest hanging fruits of lvl 4?

MineallMine
MineallMine

Posted - 2005.07.12 19:29:00 - [19]

Originally by: craptacular

I'm not going to tell you how to play, but I think you'll find running lvl 3's in a AF a lot more fun than grinding out lvl 4s in a BS. From what I understand the compensation of the top lvl 3s is pretty much on par with the bottom lvl 4's.

Last night I did Black Harket Hub in about 35 mins, 600k reward, 750k Bonus 1150k in bounties and 1500 LP.
(and I don't have miliarty connections)

Spy Stash from the same agent is 1800 LP and just as rewarding (though probably takes a little longer)

What is a typical post patch payout for an easy lvl 4 anyone?

Sure, it sucks you are still too young to take all of the level 3s solo, but you are still 8 mil sp away from soloing all the lvl 4s. And believe me, the older players would have killed to be flying level 3 missions in a BC in three moths.
MineallMine
MineallMine

Posted - 2005.07.12 19:29:00 - [20]

Originally by: craptacular

I'm not going to tell you how to play, but I think you'll find running lvl 3's in a AF a lot more fun than grinding out lvl 4s in a BS. From what I understand the compensation of the top lvl 3s is pretty much on par with the bottom lvl 4's.

Last night I did Black Harket Hub in about 35 mins, 600k reward, 750k Bonus 1150k in bounties and 1500 LP.
(and I don't have miliarty connections)

Spy Stash from the same agent is 1800 LP and just as rewarding (though probably takes a little longer)

What is a typical post patch payout for an easy lvl 4 anyone?

Sure, it sucks you are still too young to take all of the level 3s solo, but you are still 8 mil sp away from soloing all the lvl 4s. And believe me, the older players would have killed to be flying level 3 missions in a BC in three moths.
craptacular
craptacular

Posted - 2005.07.12 20:12:00 - [21]

Originally by: MineallMine
I'm not going to tell you how to play, but I think you'll find running lvl 3's in a AF a lot more fun than grinding out lvl 4s in a BS.

I don't want to take on the BS path yet, i mean i'm already struggling with med turrets.

But given my incredible amount of sp, BS would be the only reasonable option to train for in order to be able to tank out those silly new missions, in order to keep doing lvl 3 missions, in order to buy me a real ship... oops.

And yes, rewards for those new missions are just silly, let me quote the last one i got: "the black market hub" lvl 3, 901k reward, 909k bonus, 2017 lp.
Maybe it's because of my uber social skills toping at a whopping total of 1415 sp?

The problem is that pre patch i could solo them all.
It wasn't easy at all, there was some hmm accidents, it required lots gear changes, lots of warp in/out but at least it was possible. Hey, after all, this is supposed to be a fighter.

Throwing 2 unbalanced missions into the mix of lvl 3, missions that you cannot refuse for long given the massive rating toll it takes, has basically shut me out of them (unless i can find a way to avoid them completly).
I suppose i should open up a charity fund or hug a roid.
/me faints.

craptacular
craptacular
Gallente
Aliastra

Posted - 2005.07.12 20:12:00 - [22]

I'm not going to tell you how to play, but I think you'll find running lvl 3's in a AF a lot more fun than grinding out lvl 4s in a BS.

I don't want to take on the BS path yet, i mean i'm already struggling with med turrets.

But given my incredible amount of sp, BS would be the only reasonable option to train for in order to be able to tank out those silly new missions, in order to keep doing lvl 3 missions, in order to buy me a real ship... oops.

And yes, rewards for those new missions are just silly, let me quote the last one i got: "the black market hub" lvl 3, 901k reward, 909k bonus, 2017 lp.
Maybe it's because of my uber social skills toping at a whopping total of 1415 sp?

The problem is that pre patch i could solo them all.
It wasn't easy at all, there was some hmm accidents, it required lots gear changes, lots of warp in/out but at least it was possible. Hey, after all, this is supposed to be a fighter.

Throwing 2 unbalanced missions into the mix of lvl 3, missions that you cannot refuse for long given the massive rating toll it takes, has basically shut me out of them (unless i can find a way to avoid them completly).
I suppose i should open up a charity fund or hug a roid.
/me faints.

Deja Thoris
Deja Thoris

Posted - 2005.07.12 20:47:00 - [23]

Originally by: Dirus

Telling a person you do a level 3 in a battleship easily is not much help. Put yourself in his shoes.

BTW 450 dmg is unresisted (structure) 50-100 is after your resistances.

Deja Thoris
Deja Thoris
Revelations Inc.
Shroud Of Darkness

Posted - 2005.07.12 20:47:00 - [24]

Originally by: Dirus

Telling a person you do a level 3 in a battleship easily is not much help. Put yourself in his shoes.

Moghydin
Moghydin

Posted - 2005.07.12 20:56:00 - [25]

This mission is similar to criminal hub mission. But as I did it in armagrddon too, that won't apply for cruisers. I let the drones eat the ships and then got into optimal for multifreq crystals against sentries, after sentries were gone, I killed off what remained from the ships. Active hardeners were really necessary here. But again, these two missions are way too hard for cruisers I think.
Moghydin
Moghydin
Confederation of Red Moon
Red Moon Federation

Posted - 2005.07.12 20:56:00 - [26]

This mission is similar to criminal hub mission. But as I did it in armagrddon too, that won't apply for cruisers. I let the drones eat the ships and then got into optimal for multifreq crystals against sentries, after sentries were gone, I killed off what remained from the ships. Active hardeners were really necessary here. But again, these two missions are way too hard for cruisers I think.

Angel Alita
Angel Alita

Posted - 2005.07.12 22:07:00 - [27]

Originally by: Deja Thoris

The 450 I saw was against structure (it was the last hit in the logs). However, the damage done by two different heavy missiles was wildly different.

[ 2005.07.10 18:29:50 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 180.0 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:30:14 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Scourge Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 90.0 damage.

and later on:
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:01 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 67.5 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:05 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 202.5 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:14 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Scourge Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 97.5 damage.

and the end:
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:42 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 450.0 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:42 ] (notify) Ship is out of control

It does appear that some of the NPC missiles are more powerful than others. I feel that in this situation, the resist bonuses of Ferox and Prophecy seems more useful than the repair / shield boost bonuses of the Brutix and Cyclone. I was running a tech 2 med. repairer and active hardeners on the Brutix, but didnt feel like I had much chance when I warped in.

The Havoc missiles were doing more damage against me than the Scourge. (and I had better resists against explosive too)
Angel Alita
Angel Alita
Gallente
The Scope

Posted - 2005.07.12 22:07:00 - [28]

Originally by: Deja Thoris

The 450 I saw was against structure (it was the last hit in the logs). However, the damage done by two different heavy missiles was wildly different.

[ 2005.07.10 18:29:50 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 180.0 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:30:14 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Scourge Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 90.0 damage.

and later on:
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:01 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 67.5 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:05 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 202.5 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:14 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Scourge Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 97.5 damage.

and the end:
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:42 ] (combat) <color=0xffbb6600>Havoc Heavy Missile I belonging to Angel Cartel hits you, doing 450.0 damage.
[ 2005.07.10 18:31:42 ] (notify) Ship is out of control

It does appear that some of the NPC missiles are more powerful than others. I feel that in this situation, the resist bonuses of Ferox and Prophecy seems more useful than the repair / shield boost bonuses of the Brutix and Cyclone. I was running a tech 2 med. repairer and active hardeners on the Brutix, but didnt feel like I had much chance when I warped in.

The Havoc missiles were doing more damage against me than the Scourge. (and I had better resists against explosive too)
Matthias Ungabii
Matthias Ungabii

Posted - 2005.07.12 22:16:00 - [29]

Yeah, I did that earlier in prophecy, warped out once on the second level after realising I had the wrong hardeners on Shocked
Mixing shield and armor resists doesn't work imho, I think it's safer to concentrate on one with a 80-90% resist, than have both at 50-60. Seemed to work for me anyhoo.
Matthias Ungabii
Matthias Ungabii
Minmatar
Under the Wings of Fury
Ethereal Dawn

Posted - 2005.07.12 22:16:00 - [30]

Yeah, I did that earlier in prophecy, warped out once on the second level after realising I had the wrong hardeners on Shocked
Mixing shield and armor resists doesn't work imho, I think it's safer to concentrate on one with a 80-90% resist, than have both at 50-60. Seemed to work for me anyhoo.
Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. 11 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,09s, ref 20240517/2159
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.