Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 .. 11 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Randuin MaraL
Randuin MaraL

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.11 11:40:00 - [151]

Edited by: Randuin MaraL on 11/08/2005 11:41:02
Tactics, for sure. The batteries will not hit you if you have made enough distance. So either go for speed'n'range or for tanking'n'damage, make the gnats follow you out of batteries combat range. In a battleship this mission is a walk in the park of course.

Quote:
If you web that inty, hit him with the target painter, and sic your drones on him, he'll go pop so fast you'll barely notice he was there.

True!

The 450 hit was not a cruise missile? Wink

Never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.

MEDUSA veteran, Khumaak Award winner
Randuin MaraL
Randuin MaraL
Minmatar
Encina Technologies
Namtz'aar k'in

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.11 11:40:00 - [152]

Edited by: Randuin MaraL on 11/08/2005 11:41:02
Tactics, for sure. The batteries will not hit you if you have made enough distance. So either go for speed'n'range or for tanking'n'damage, make the gnats follow you out of batteries combat range. In a battleship this mission is a walk in the park of course.

Quote:
If you web that inty, hit him with the target painter, and sic your drones on him, he'll go pop so fast you'll barely notice he was there.

True!

The 450 hit was not a cruise missile? Wink
Never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
MEDUSA veteran, Khumaak Award winner
RangerXT
RangerXT

Posted - 2005.08.11 12:08:00 - [153]

I do this mission with a fair bit of ease with this loadout on my ferox:
5x 250mm compressed coils 2x heavy missiles
med sb II, ab, em hardener, therm hardener, t2 cap recharge
4x pduII

the second part where the damage starts piling up hurts, but I rarely go under 30% shield. I kill the first missile launcher then wipe out the npcships, then the 2nd launcher then the turrets. The very first time I tried for the cruisers first and took hull damage before I warped out. Don't forget to bring along your drones to start killing anything that might jam you while taking out the launchers
RangerXT
RangerXT
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2005.08.11 12:08:00 - [154]

I do this mission with a fair bit of ease with this loadout on my ferox:
5x 250mm compressed coils 2x heavy missiles
med sb II, ab, em hardener, therm hardener, t2 cap recharge
4x pduII

the second part where the damage starts piling up hurts, but I rarely go under 30% shield. I kill the first missile launcher then wipe out the npcships, then the 2nd launcher then the turrets. The very first time I tried for the cruisers first and took hull damage before I warped out. Don't forget to bring along your drones to start killing anything that might jam you while taking out the launchers
Upright
Upright

Posted - 2005.08.11 19:18:00 - [155]

I managed to do this mission with a little less then 650k SP total in a prophecy with a good 350->400k in spaceship command and learning skills (just to give you an idea of how crap I am). Luckily it was the gurista version, so it was a little easier. First level was easy enough, second was quite dangerous, I had to warp out 3-4 times on it (kill the frigs, damage a cruiser, warp, come back kill a cruiser, warp, come back finish off the level). My setup isn't ideal, sort of a cross between a duramaller and blind fear's maller setup on a proph.

I had to make do with passive hardeners and t1 frig guns, so there's plenty of room for improvement. Mostly the med t2 rep and 1600mm nano kept me alive long enough to do some damage before I needed to warp. Thanks to posts like this I sort of knew what to expect, and had watched a video of it being done easily in a HAC. I've got no idea how people with 10->20 times as much SP as me would be blown up in a BS.

If you're well tanked and careful there shouldn't be a problem. The spawn is just a little harder then other hard spawns in level 3 missions (angel extravaganza level 5, duo of death etc.) so breaks most tanks of BC and below.
Upright
Upright
Amarr

Posted - 2005.08.11 19:18:00 - [156]

I managed to do this mission with a little less then 650k SP total in a prophecy with a good 350->400k in spaceship command and learning skills (just to give you an idea of how crap I am). Luckily it was the gurista version, so it was a little easier. First level was easy enough, second was quite dangerous, I had to warp out 3-4 times on it (kill the frigs, damage a cruiser, warp, come back kill a cruiser, warp, come back finish off the level). My setup isn't ideal, sort of a cross between a duramaller and blind fear's maller setup on a proph.

I had to make do with passive hardeners and t1 frig guns, so there's plenty of room for improvement. Mostly the med t2 rep and 1600mm nano kept me alive long enough to do some damage before I needed to warp. Thanks to posts like this I sort of knew what to expect, and had watched a video of it being done easily in a HAC. I've got no idea how people with 10->20 times as much SP as me would be blown up in a BS.

If you're well tanked and careful there shouldn't be a problem. The spawn is just a little harder then other hard spawns in level 3 missions (angel extravaganza level 5, duo of death etc.) so breaks most tanks of BC and below.
IcesailM
IcesailM

Posted - 2005.08.11 20:26:00 - [157]

This mission (Guristas) can be done fairly easy on a Ferox.
I do it all the time (my agent has a fetish for this mission.... I get it 2-3 times a day).

My Ferox Setup: (Only T1 items)

Highs:
5 Heavy Launchers
2 250 Protos

Mids:
Large C5
Kin Hardner
Thermal Hardner
18% Cap Recharger
AB (or large shield extender)

Lows:
Ballistic Control
3 PDS

6 Medium Drone Thermal(Can only control 3 Medium Drones at a range of 15km)

My tactics:
Gate 1 - Just kill eerything and LEAVE THE MISSILE TURRETS ALONE. Kill Turrets after all the ships are dead

Gate 2 - Warp in, Lock the 2 frigates/inties, Align to run away from the turrets, start moving (no ABs, u need the cap to boost). As soon as you get a lock on one of the small ships, fire everything at it. The first ship should die in one salvo, get your 250s on the second small ship and fire. Save the missiles for the bigger targets.
Launch drones and have them orbit you. This will serve 2 purposes. First, they will be already out when any frigate/intie gets in range, Second, and most important, they will become targets. With the new changes to the way rats target and switch targets, there is a very good chance that something will be shooting at your drones and killing them, which for you means that they are not shooting at you (which is good).
Target one of the Heavy missile battery (if not already done) and kill one of them.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one of the turrets before you are done with the cruisers.

Next, Kill the cruisers. By now the small ship should be in range of your drones, set them to attack it, the frigate will not last long against the drones.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one before you are done with the cruisers.

Once all the ships are dead (about 5 mins), Head back and kill missile turret and the other 2 in any order u like.

Having the drones out helps alot. If you are lucky, the frigates/inties will target your drones and u can kill them w/o having to worry about being scrambled.
If you are really lucky, the cruisers will target them and not fire at you. Although I can only control 3 drones at the time I fill my bay with medium drones (or light drones) and just keep sending them out as they get blown up. Drones are cheap and they take the heat from you.

I have been playing this game for less than 3 months, have been on a Raven for 2 months. After the missile nerf, I went back to do L3s on my Ferox (cheaper to replace and nobody was sure how bad the nerf would be), and it has been fun. I do L4s with a corp mate (we use the buddy system for L4s :), and solo L3s. If I just want to "mine with my missiles" I'll run the L3s solo on a Raven fited with Cruise missiles and medium lasers and see how fast I can do them (i.e. 3min 30 secs for L3 damsel mission, 41 mins for a L3 gurista extrav, 57 mins for Angels extrav). If I want to have a bit more fun and I am not in a hurry to make isk, i'll take my Ferox for the L3s, its lots of fun.

If you get this mission and want some company, send me a page in-game, as long its not more than 8 jumps from me I would be more than happy to help you out. (I mostly do mission out of Inoue)

The Ferox can tank like crazy. The setup I described here (except for large shield extender - prepatch values- in place of AB)was tested against a mates Raven using torps (pre-patch). He used Juggs and Infernos.
The Ferox was able to tank 36 torp hits before any damage start to get to the armor. (of course, because of flight time, once I told my mate to stop, I still got hit by an additional 6 torpedos getting my shield to 20%)

Hope this helps....

Icesail
IcesailM
IcesailM

Posted - 2005.08.11 20:26:00 - [158]

This mission (Guristas) can be done fairly easy on a Ferox.
I do it all the time (my agent has a fetish for this mission.... I get it 2-3 times a day).

My Ferox Setup: (Only T1 items)

Highs:
5 Heavy Launchers
2 250 Protos

Mids:
Large C5
Kin Hardner
Thermal Hardner
18% Cap Recharger
AB (or large shield extender)

Lows:
Ballistic Control
3 PDS

6 Medium Drone Thermal(Can only control 3 Medium Drones at a range of 15km)

My tactics:
Gate 1 - Just kill eerything and LEAVE THE MISSILE TURRETS ALONE. Kill Turrets after all the ships are dead

Gate 2 - Warp in, Lock the 2 frigates/inties, Align to run away from the turrets, start moving (no ABs, u need the cap to boost). As soon as you get a lock on one of the small ships, fire everything at it. The first ship should die in one salvo, get your 250s on the second small ship and fire. Save the missiles for the bigger targets.
Launch drones and have them orbit you. This will serve 2 purposes. First, they will be already out when any frigate/intie gets in range, Second, and most important, they will become targets. With the new changes to the way rats target and switch targets, there is a very good chance that something will be shooting at your drones and killing them, which for you means that they are not shooting at you (which is good).
Target one of the Heavy missile battery (if not already done) and kill one of them.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one of the turrets before you are done with the cruisers.

Next, Kill the cruisers. By now the small ship should be in range of your drones, set them to attack it, the frigate will not last long against the drones.

Keep your 250s on the turrets and your missiles on the cruisers. You may be able to kill one before you are done with the cruisers.

Once all the ships are dead (about 5 mins), Head back and kill missile turret and the other 2 in any order u like.

Having the drones out helps alot. If you are lucky, the frigates/inties will target your drones and u can kill them w/o having to worry about being scrambled.
If you are really lucky, the cruisers will target them and not fire at you. Although I can only control 3 drones at the time I fill my bay with medium drones (or light drones) and just keep sending them out as they get blown up. Drones are cheap and they take the heat from you.

I have been playing this game for less than 3 months, have been on a Raven for 2 months. After the missile nerf, I went back to do L3s on my Ferox (cheaper to replace and nobody was sure how bad the nerf would be), and it has been fun. I do L4s with a corp mate (we use the buddy system for L4s :), and solo L3s. If I just want to "mine with my missiles" I'll run the L3s solo on a Raven fited with Cruise missiles and medium lasers and see how fast I can do them (i.e. 3min 30 secs for L3 damsel mission, 41 mins for a L3 gurista extrav, 57 mins for Angels extrav). If I want to have a bit more fun and I am not in a hurry to make isk, i'll take my Ferox for the L3s, its lots of fun.

If you get this mission and want some company, send me a page in-game, as long its not more than 8 jumps from me I would be more than happy to help you out. (I mostly do mission out of Inoue)

The Ferox can tank like crazy. The setup I described here (except for large shield extender - prepatch values- in place of AB)was tested against a mates Raven using torps (pre-patch). He used Juggs and Infernos.
The Ferox was able to tank 36 torp hits before any damage start to get to the armor. (of course, because of flight time, once I told my mate to stop, I still got hit by an additional 6 torpedos getting my shield to 20%)

Hope this helps....

Icesail
Nekhad Jormuzzar
Nekhad Jormuzzar

Posted - 2005.08.11 23:08:00 - [159]

A friend of mine (who just spent the last six months off of the game) was having tons of problems on his (ridiculously badly set up) Deimos.

I grabbed a Taranis to help him, and due to the difference in speed (I was doing 1650 m/s, he was barely reaching 300) I practically ended up soloing the mission.

It was kind of tricky at times, because Angels are fast, have good tracking and hurt quite a lot, and I had to watch out for those light missiles while my AB was off (in order to be able to hit).
But it was also quite fun. Those three hobgoblins I carried proved quite useful as well. I often forget I carry those but not this time.
Nekhad Jormuzzar
Nekhad Jormuzzar

Posted - 2005.08.11 23:08:00 - [160]

A friend of mine (who just spent the last six months off of the game) was having tons of problems on his (ridiculously badly set up) Deimos.

I grabbed a Taranis to help him, and due to the difference in speed (I was doing 1650 m/s, he was barely reaching 300) I practically ended up soloing the mission.

It was kind of tricky at times, because Angels are fast, have good tracking and hurt quite a lot, and I had to watch out for those light missiles while my AB was off (in order to be able to hit).
But it was also quite fun. Those three hobgoblins I carried proved quite useful as well. I often forget I carry those but not this time.
Botia Macracantha
Botia Macracantha

Posted - 2005.08.31 21:19:00 - [161]

Originally by: Kadarin
Edited by: Kadarin on 21/07/2005 05:39:29

ta DAAAAAHHHHHH !!!!!Smile

Botia Macracantha
Botia Macracantha

Posted - 2005.08.31 21:19:00 - [162]

Originally by: Kadarin
Edited by: Kadarin on 21/07/2005 05:39:29

ta DAAAAAHHHHHH !!!!!Smile

Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Posted - 2005.08.31 23:46:00 - [163]

Ran the Guristas version of this last night in my standard Retribution setup, took a few jumpouts (hot tip for the day - rats don't give a proverbial's if you shoot their mates, but if you open up on that shiny new missile turret they're still paying off the loan on, they get decidedly agitated) on the first pocket and one on the second to have a think about the gun turrets, but otherwise pretty much in keeping with what I'd expected.

Room for a couple of observations here. First, it does seem fairly clear that the Guristas version is nicely balanced and the Angel version is a wee bit overpowered.
Second, unless you have a spectacularly horrible agent or the payout system is somehow broken, "I didn't expect it to be that hard" is a daft thing to say. I was offered the mission, I checked the details, I saw that the mission timer was six hours, the payout was 2mil and the LP reward was just under 2k, and I loaded my ship for bear. Those numbers should be a pretty clear indication that it's going to be trickier than the usual two hour/500k/300LP stuff...
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Posted - 2005.08.31 23:46:00 - [164]

Ran the Guristas version of this last night in my standard Retribution setup, took a few jumpouts (hot tip for the day - rats don't give a proverbial's if you shoot their mates, but if you open up on that shiny new missile turret they're still paying off the loan on, they get decidedly agitated) on the first pocket and one on the second to have a think about the gun turrets, but otherwise pretty much in keeping with what I'd expected.

Room for a couple of observations here. First, it does seem fairly clear that the Guristas version is nicely balanced and the Angel version is a wee bit overpowered.
Second, unless you have a spectacularly horrible agent or the payout system is somehow broken, "I didn't expect it to be that hard" is a daft thing to say. I was offered the mission, I checked the details, I saw that the mission timer was six hours, the payout was 2mil and the LP reward was just under 2k, and I loaded my ship for bear. Those numbers should be a pretty clear indication that it's going to be trickier than the usual two hour/500k/300LP stuff...
Khashak
Khashak

Posted - 2005.09.01 15:06:00 - [165]

SO its not just me that sucks...Laughing

This was one of my first level three missions. Managed the first area in my Ferox okay, jumping out a few time when it got a little too hot for my shields..

Onto the second area (very late and needing bed). Thought to myself, sod the baddies, blow the quaters and get out of there. Be a Mil or two better off in a few minutes and tucked up in my bed...

So, tank the damage and lay waste to the building just as my shields go to critical.

Try to warp out as that pesky ceptor scrams me. WTF.. The Ferox`s armour and hull lasted a mere blink of an eye..

Spent the last week replacing my lost ship and equipment...

Not done an L3 mission since. Need a cash buffer....
Khashak
Khashak
Gallente
Information Science Security

Posted - 2005.09.01 15:06:00 - [166]

SO its not just me that sucks...Laughing

This was one of my first level three missions. Managed the first area in my Ferox okay, jumping out a few time when it got a little too hot for my shields..

Onto the second area (very late and needing bed). Thought to myself, sod the baddies, blow the quaters and get out of there. Be a Mil or two better off in a few minutes and tucked up in my bed...

So, tank the damage and lay waste to the building just as my shields go to critical.

Try to warp out as that pesky ceptor scrams me. WTF.. The Ferox`s armour and hull lasted a mere blink of an eye..

Spent the last week replacing my lost ship and equipment...

Not done an L3 mission since. Need a cash buffer....
Hephaesteus
Hephaesteus

Posted - 2005.09.01 17:13:00 - [167]

Originally by: Nekhad Jormuzzar

Thats a joke, right!!! Shocked
Hephaesteus
Hephaesteus
Gallente

Posted - 2005.09.01 17:13:00 - [168]

Originally by: Nekhad Jormuzzar

Thats a joke, right!!! Shocked
Zeb Carter
Zeb Carter

Posted - 2005.09.01 17:19:00 - [169]

I've done this mission about 3 times so far in my Harpy. It gets a little easier each time.

I don't even bother with the first level, just turn my afterburner and shield booster on and make a mad dash for the acceleration gate. The second level isn't too tough. Since I'm in an AF the heavy missiles don't hit too hard, and I can mop up the cruisers and frigs pretty easily. I don't usually bother killing the missile/gun turrets, they are easy to tank while I scoop the stuff and get out.

I would NOT care to try this mission in a larger/slower ship. I'm sure if it weren't for my speed I'd be getting a hell of a beating in that first level.
R0ADKILL

Posted - 2005.09.01 17:19:00 - [170]

I've done this mission about 3 times so far in my Harpy. It gets a little easier each time.

I don't even bother with the first level, just turn my afterburner and shield booster on and make a mad dash for the acceleration gate. The second level isn't too tough. Since I'm in an AF the heavy missiles don't hit too hard, and I can mop up the cruisers and frigs pretty easily. I don't usually bother killing the missile/gun turrets, they are easy to tank while I scoop the stuff and get out.

I would NOT care to try this mission in a larger/slower ship. I'm sure if it weren't for my speed I'd be getting a hell of a beating in that first level.

Megadon
Megadon

Posted - 2005.09.02 00:36:00 - [171]

Wow what a fun mission! had to warp out 3 times in my Ferox (i only have 2.5 million sp's) but really a fun mission to do if you like a challenge!Razz

The heavy missile's hitting for over 360 damage on you will get your attention quick that's for sure.Twisted Evil A BS imho would take a lot of the fun out of this mission.

A welcome change of pace to the usual level 3 stuff, but you need to be on your toes and setup your tank properly before you begin or you will get eaten. Good stuffCool
Megadon
Megadon
Caldari
Deathshead Inc.

Posted - 2005.09.02 00:36:00 - [172]

Edited by: Megadon on 02/09/2005 01:01:02
Wow what a fun mission! had to warp out 3 times in my Ferox (i only have 2.5 million sp's) but really a fun mission to do if you like a challenge!Razz

The heavy missile's hitting for over 360 damage on you will get your attention quick that's for sure.Twisted Evil A BS imho would take a lot of the fun out of this mission.

A welcome change of pace to the usual level 3 stuff, but you need to be on your toes and setup your tank properly before you begin or you will get eaten. Good stuffCool

Edit: I had to double up on my thermal shield tank and it took me a minute to figure that out, but once done, it was manageable.
Futher Bezluden
Futher Bezluden

Posted - 2005.09.02 06:40:00 - [173]

I hate L3 Spy Stash with a passion. I have decent skills and get my cyclone beat to crap. had to bring in my sniper megathron with a cloak, jump into second gate, fly for god knows how long to about 139km, then let fly with the 425mm guns. SUCKS...

Trying it now with a claw... wish me luck.Twisted Evil
Futher Bezluden
Futher Bezluden
Minmatar
The Suicide Kings
FOUNDATI0N

Posted - 2005.09.02 06:40:00 - [174]

I hate L3 Spy Stash with a passion. I have decent skills and get my cyclone beat to crap. had to bring in my sniper megathron with a cloak, jump into second gate, fly for god knows how long to about 139km, then let fly with the 425mm guns. SUCKS...

Trying it now with a claw... wish me luck.Twisted Evil
THUKKER -Be Paranoid

Futher Bezluden
Futher Bezluden

Posted - 2005.09.02 09:26:00 - [175]

crap loot, storage/cargo/landing pads contain nothing when blown up. Angel officer quarters had reports and 10 units of crash...

claw did fine in first wave.
Megathron loaded with antimatter needed to kill sentry guns and heavy missile batteries.
claw did fine with rest of the rats after the sentry guns and heavy missile batteries were blown up.

Thanks CCP... great mission you made. NOT

Evil or Very Mad
Futher Bezluden
Futher Bezluden
Minmatar
The Suicide Kings
FOUNDATI0N

Posted - 2005.09.02 09:26:00 - [176]

crap loot, storage/cargo/landing pads contain nothing when blown up. Angel officer quarters had reports and 10 units of crash...

claw did fine in first wave.
Megathron loaded with antimatter needed to kill sentry guns and heavy missile batteries.
claw did fine with rest of the rats after the sentry guns and heavy missile batteries were blown up.

Thanks CCP... great mission you made. NOT

Evil or Very Mad
THUKKER -Be Paranoid

Ashraaf
Ashraaf

Posted - 2005.09.02 09:28:00 - [177]

I do the angel 4 times with a ferox
First time it's was hard and warp out game
Now it's tactical and fun, but stay hard
My ferox is Gun oriented (5)
I sacrifice 1 Heavy mis for 1 rocket defender
First Objective fly away from sentries and kill rats
I use drone against frigate, and guns against cruiser
I use painter
After frig gone, it's easy, Sentries is approx 80km range, rockets defender help my shield and cap a lot ;)
Ashraaf
Ashraaf
Infinite Improbability Inc
Dusk and Dawn

Posted - 2005.09.02 09:28:00 - [178]

I do the angel 4 times with a ferox
First time it's was hard and warp out game
Now it's tactical and fun, but stay hard
My ferox is Gun oriented (5)
I sacrifice 1 Heavy mis for 1 rocket defender
First Objective fly away from sentries and kill rats
I use drone against frigate, and guns against cruiser
I use painter
After frig gone, it's easy, Sentries is approx 80km range, rockets defender help my shield and cap a lot ;)
Futher Bezluden
Futher Bezluden

Posted - 2005.09.02 09:32:00 - [179]

actually... took in my wolf after blowing all the sentry/hmb's to hell.

2005.09.02 09:29:06combatYour 280mm Howitzer Artillery II perfectly strikes Landing Pad, wrecking for 443.3 damage.

Was feeling vengeful... Twisted Evil
Futher Bezluden
Futher Bezluden
Minmatar
The Suicide Kings
FOUNDATI0N

Posted - 2005.09.02 09:32:00 - [180]

actually... took in my wolf after blowing all the sentry/hmb's to hell.

2005.09.02 09:29:06combatYour 280mm Howitzer Artillery II perfectly strikes Landing Pad, wrecking for 443.3 damage.

Was feeling vengeful... Twisted Evil
THUKKER -Be Paranoid

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 .. 11 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,11s, ref 20240504/0124
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.