Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 .. 11 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Chil
Chil

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.16 12:08:00 - [241]

Potentially switch the web for a tracking computer & the ogres for medium drones. The tracking comp will help hitting frigates on the way in, and for killing the cruisers once they orbit at 20km.

Hi-slots. I use megapulse & dualbeam (big guns). Heavy Beam is possibly the better M laser.
Mid-slots. 100MN AB, Tracking comp, cap recharger.
Low-slots. L armour rep, 3 hardners (specific to rats, 2 kin & 1 exp for spy stash), 1 damage mod & cap relays.
Drones. Medium with a few berserkers mixed in. Ogres can struggle to catch fast moving frigates, and you can get alot more (spare) medium drones in the bay.
Chil
Chil

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.16 12:08:00 - [242]

Potentially switch the web for a tracking computer & the ogres for medium drones. The tracking comp will help hitting frigates on the way in, and for killing the cruisers once they orbit at 20km.

Hi-slots. I use megapulse & dualbeam (big guns). Heavy Beam is possibly the better M laser.
Mid-slots. 100MN AB, Tracking comp, cap recharger.
Low-slots. L armour rep, 3 hardners (specific to rats, 2 kin & 1 exp for spy stash), 1 damage mod & cap relays.
Drones. Medium with a few berserkers mixed in. Ogres can struggle to catch fast moving frigates, and you can get alot more (spare) medium drones in the bay.
Gorf King
Gorf King

Posted - 2005.09.18 00:48:00 - [243]

Just encountered this for the first time tonight (surprisingly, as I've been doing level 3 missions for ages). Just thought I'd spread a little encouragement for any Cyclone pilots out there thinking of attempting this, since the old bird doesn't seem to be getting much love around here. And, yes, it was the Angel variety.

It's perfectly doable in the Minnie BC. I was fine on the first stage, but had to warp out twice on the second - the first time for a refit, the second due to damage. The second time it took my armour down to 72% (I'm a bit cautious my first time in a mission, hence the second warpout) but, apart from that, it was perfectly shield tankable.

Initial fitting was:

high: 5*720 Galiums with EMP/Carbonized Lead, 3*Malkuth Assaults with Bloodclaws for the expected inties
med: Med Shield Booster II, Shield Boost Amp, Langour Drive Disruptor, Thermal Hardener (had to lose my beloved AB for the extra protection)
low: warp core stab (just in case), 2*PDU I's, Voltaic Nanite Adaptive Membrane (yeah, not exactly super-powerful, but better than nothing)

Oh, and 7*medium drones (5 usable).

The first stage is fairly easy: just target the (obvious) webbing frig, head away from the pack and the sentries, and pop. You should be able to tank the remaining ships in their 2 groups as long as you leave the sentries till last.

Sceond stage: I popped the webber first (did get webbed, though), then warped out to refit seeing that I'd not need the anti-frig stuff any more, but would need to do some serious damage to the cruisers/sentries. Ditched 2 of the Assaults for heavies with Havocs (other Assault was loaded with defenders), swapped the webber for a kinetic hardener and the Adaptive Membrane for a damage modder.

Warped back in, took out all but one of the remaning ships first (the big cruiser was a bit of a beast and caused me to have to warp out again to recharge shields). Upon second warp back in, the big cruiser and sentries were really easily tankable. I left the sentries till last.

I'm not saying that's the best setup in the world - patently, it isn't - but it might give some hope to Cyclone pilots out there. If my hopeless tactics and largely tech 1 gear can do it, I'm sure you can do better.

Enjoyable mission, though.
Gorf King
Gorf King

Posted - 2005.09.18 00:48:00 - [244]

Edited by: Gorf King on 18/09/2005 00:57:55
Edited by: Gorf King on 18/09/2005 00:52:59
Just encountered this for the first time tonight (surprisingly, as I've been doing level 3 missions for ages). Just thought I'd spread a little encouragement for any Cyclone pilots out there thinking of attempting this, since the old bird doesn't seem to be getting much love around here. And, yes, it was the Angel variety.

It's perfectly doable in the Minnie BC. I was fine on the first stage, but had to warp out twice on the second - the first time for a refit, the second due to damage. The second time it took my armour down to 72% (I'm a bit cautious my first time in a mission, hence the second warpout) but, apart from that, it was perfectly shield tankable.

Initial fitting was:

high: 5*720 Galiums with EMP/Carbonized Lead, 3*Malkuth Assaults with Bloodclaws for the expected inties
med: Med Shield Booster II, Shield Boost Amp, Langour Drive Disruptor, Thermal Hardener (had to lose my beloved AB for the extra protection)
low: warp core stab (just in case), 2*PDU I's, Voltaic Nanite Adaptive Membrane (yeah, not exactly super-powerful, but better than nothing)

Oh, and 7*medium drones (5 usable).

The first stage is fairly easy: just target the (obvious) webbing frig, head away from the pack and the sentries, and pop. You should be able to tank the remaining ships in their 2 groups as long as you leave the sentries till last.

Second stage: I popped the webber first (did get webbed, though), then warped out to refit seeing that I'd not need the anti-frig stuff any more, but would need to do some serious damage to the cruisers/sentries. Ditched 2 of the Assaults for heavies with Havocs (other Assault was loaded with defenders), swapped the webber for a kinetic hardener and the Adaptive Membrane for a damage modder.

Warped back in, took out all but one of the remaning ships first (the big cruiser was a bit of a beast and caused me to have to warp out again to recharge shields). Upon second warp back in, the big cruiser and sentries were really easily tankable. I left the sentries till last.

I'm not saying that's the best setup in the world - patently, it isn't - but it might give some hope to Cyclone pilots out there. If my hopeless tactics and largely tech 1 gear can do it, I'm sure you can do better.

Enjoyable mission, albeit the hardest level 3 by a long chalk (I'm sure I've done them all now, including that Black Market thingywotsit a few times).
Mak'shar Karrde
Mak'shar Karrde

Posted - 2005.09.21 04:52:00 - [245]

Originally by: Gorf King
Just thought I'd spread a little encouragement for any Cyclone pilots out there thinking of attempting this, since the old bird doesn't seem to be getting much love around here. And, yes, it was the Angel variety.

It's perfectly doable in the Minnie BC.

I just wanted to back this up. I started doing level 3 missions a couple of weeks ago, in my (new) Cyclone, i was getting owned. I didn't lose my ship but it was quite common for me to warp out up to 5 times in order to complete the harder missions.

Throw in a little advice from corp mates, experience and a little more training and now it's a completely different story.

I was sent out on this mission again tonight. The first level was easy, i just pulled out my three drones, set my ship on a course away from the groups and destroyed everything at range. If anything got close then i webbed it and set my drones on it. REMEMBER to be aligned to warp, just in case.

My setup for the first level was:
High: 5x 720mm Carbine Howitzer, 3x Malkuth Heavy Missile Launchers.
Mid: 1x Medium Shield Booster II, 1x Webber, 1x EM, 1x Thermal Hardeners.
Low: 4x Power Diagnostic System II.

With the first level complete i switched out 2x PDS for 2x Warp Core Stabilizers. This meant i had to power down one of my guns but that's okay. I only wanted to see what i was up against after i warp in to the second level (i have a memory like a sieve).

It turns out that there was nothing sitting right on top of the warp in spot, which was nice. The two sentry and two missile turrets started hitting me (for impressive damage i might add) and everything started targetting me (i didn't target the turrets! I'm not sure why they all targetted me). As everything was already targetting me anyway, i tried to take out one of the missile turrets that was within my range. That didn't work out too well and i was barely through the armour before i had to warp out.

So i docked again to fit my ship properly. Checking my log told me that it was the turrets doing almost all the damage. A quick visit to this website made me realise that the sentry turrets were doing mostly Kinetic and Explosive damage. The two hardeners i didn't have equiped, naturally.

So i rearranged my mid slots to house my shield booster and three hardeners. One named kinetic and two explosive ones. I also removed the WC Stabs and filled my low slots with PDS II's again.

I warped back to the second area... Eventually... *Grumbles about the 100km distance to the second gate*.

I repeated the same tactics from the first area. Head away from the spawn, towards something you can warp to. I killed the frigs first (because i can never remember which ones scramble/web). Not a single one got within 15km of me. The larger ships fell to the combined destructive power of my missiles, turrets and drones. They didn't stand a chance. It was suprisingly easy to tank, my shields and cap never dropped below 50%, which was nice.

With all the ships down, only the turrets were left. They had no chance of getting through the tank, i just picked them off one at a time, no problems. With two explosion hardeners the havoc missiles did pitiful damage (which was nice compared to the 180 damage each they were hitting for, before i switched hardeners around!)

Easy, everything dead, send in whatever fast ship you prefer to pick up all the loot.

It took 90 mins to kill everything, another 30 to pick up all the loot (all crap, incidently).

I just bought a Typhoon though. I feel kind of guilty dumping my Cyclone, after all we've been through together. At one point in it's short history it barely escaped with 18% of it's structure. Two scramblers at a warp in point and i only had one stabilizer. The beserker drones sacrifices will not be forgotten. *Bows head*.

So erm... Anyway. All i meant to say was that there is hope for the future. I'm just incredibly long winded at 5:30 a.m.
Mak'shar Karrde
Mak'shar Karrde
Minmatar
UK Corp
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2005.09.21 04:52:00 - [246]

Originally by: Gorf King
Just thought I'd spread a little encouragement for any Cyclone pilots out there thinking of attempting this, since the old bird doesn't seem to be getting much love around here. And, yes, it was the Angel variety.

It's perfectly doable in the Minnie BC.

I just wanted to back this up. I started doing level 3 missions a couple of weeks ago, in my (new) Cyclone, i was getting owned. I didn't lose my ship but it was quite common for me to warp out up to 5 times in order to complete the harder missions.

Throw in a little advice from corp mates, experience and a little more training and now it's a completely different story.

I was sent out on this mission again tonight. The first level was easy, i just pulled out my three drones, set my ship on a course away from the groups and destroyed everything at range. If anything got close then i webbed it and set my drones on it. REMEMBER to be aligned to warp, just in case.

My setup for the first level was:
High: 5x 720mm Carbine Howitzer, 3x Malkuth Heavy Missile Launchers.
Mid: 1x Medium Shield Booster II, 1x Webber, 1x EM, 1x Thermal Hardeners.
Low: 4x Power Diagnostic System II.

With the first level complete i switched out 2x PDS for 2x Warp Core Stabilizers. This meant i had to power down one of my guns but that's okay. I only wanted to see what i was up against after i warp in to the second level (i have a memory like a sieve).

It turns out that there was nothing sitting right on top of the warp in spot, which was nice. The two sentry and two missile turrets started hitting me (for impressive damage i might add) and everything started targetting me (i didn't target the turrets! I'm not sure why they all targetted me). As everything was already targetting me anyway, i tried to take out one of the missile turrets that was within my range. That didn't work out too well and i was barely through the armour before i had to warp out.

So i docked again to fit my ship properly. Checking my log told me that it was the turrets doing almost all the damage. A quick visit to this website made me realise that the sentry turrets were doing mostly Kinetic and Explosive damage. The two hardeners i didn't have equiped, naturally.

So i rearranged my mid slots to house my shield booster and three hardeners. One named kinetic and two explosive ones. I also removed the WC Stabs and filled my low slots with PDS II's again.

I warped back to the second area... Eventually... *Grumbles about the 100km distance to the second gate*.

I repeated the same tactics from the first area. Head away from the spawn, towards something you can warp to. I killed the frigs first (because i can never remember which ones scramble/web). Not a single one got within 15km of me. The larger ships fell to the combined destructive power of my missiles, turrets and drones. They didn't stand a chance. It was suprisingly easy to tank, my shields and cap never dropped below 50%, which was nice.

With all the ships down, only the turrets were left. They had no chance of getting through the tank, i just picked them off one at a time, no problems. With two explosion hardeners the havoc missiles did pitiful damage (which was nice compared to the 180 damage each they were hitting for, before i switched hardeners around!)

Easy, everything dead, send in whatever fast ship you prefer to pick up all the loot.

It took 90 mins to kill everything, another 30 to pick up all the loot (all crap, incidently).

I just bought a Typhoon though. I feel kind of guilty dumping my Cyclone, after all we've been through together. At one point in it's short history it barely escaped with 18% of it's structure. Two scramblers at a warp in point and i only had one stabilizer. The beserker drones sacrifices will not be forgotten. *Bows head*.

So erm... Anyway. All i meant to say was that there is hope for the future. I'm just incredibly long winded at 5:30 a.m.
Mak'shar Karrde
Mak'shar Karrde

Posted - 2005.09.21 05:04:00 - [247]

Edited by: Mak''shar Karrde on 21/09/2005 05:10:04
Edited by: Mak''shar Karrde on 21/09/2005 05:07:15
And for those not wanting to read my long post, but still in need of ideas for setups (after 5 pages, you must have some ideas by now!), here is my final setup for the second stage:

High: 5x 720mm Carbine Howitzers, 3x Malkuth Heavy Launchers.
Mid: 1x Medium Shield Booster II, 1x Named Kinetic, 2x Explosive Hardeners.
Low: 5x Power Diagnostic System II's.

I used 3x Ogre Heavy Drones, EMP/Nuclear ammo and Widowmaker/Thunderbolt missiles. I don't think i actually used the EMP ammo this time, but i always carry it.

It's a very simple setup but quite effective for level 3 missions. Well, it's effective for this one anyway. You should always modify your setups, depending on what you're fighting, of course.

I think the key to this area is tanking the turrets while destroying the ships, before they get in too close. The Cyclone just doesn't have enough midslots to shield tank both at full force.

I only have 400k skill points in gunnery, 160k in engineering, cruiser IV, 270k in drones and a whole 25k invested in missiles. So it can be done with low skill points too.

I have to admit, i thought the Cyclone sucked at first. I didn't think it deserved to call itself a Minmatar ship. But now, i'm quite taken by it.
Mak'shar Karrde
Mak'shar Karrde
Minmatar
UK Corp
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2005.09.21 05:04:00 - [248]

Edited by: Mak''shar Karrde on 21/09/2005 05:10:04
Edited by: Mak''shar Karrde on 21/09/2005 05:07:15
And for those not wanting to read my long post, but still in need of ideas for setups (after 5 pages, you must have some ideas by now!), here is my final setup for the second stage:

High: 5x 720mm Carbine Howitzers, 3x Malkuth Heavy Launchers.
Mid: 1x Medium Shield Booster II, 1x Named Kinetic, 2x Explosive Hardeners.
Low: 5x Power Diagnostic System II's.

I used 3x Ogre Heavy Drones, EMP/Nuclear ammo and Widowmaker/Thunderbolt missiles. I don't think i actually used the EMP ammo this time, but i always carry it.

It's a very simple setup but quite effective for level 3 missions. Well, it's effective for this one anyway. You should always modify your setups, depending on what you're fighting, of course.

I think the key to this area is tanking the turrets while destroying the ships, before they get in too close. The Cyclone just doesn't have enough midslots to shield tank both at full force.

I only have 400k skill points in gunnery, 160k in engineering, cruiser IV, 270k in drones and a whole 25k invested in missiles. So it can be done with low skill points too.

I have to admit, i thought the Cyclone sucked at first. I didn't think it deserved to call itself a Minmatar ship. But now, i'm quite taken by it.
Vaevectia
Vaevectia

Posted - 2005.09.21 05:44:00 - [249]

I've been trying this mission a bunch of times in a caracal; it just doesn't seem feasable with my skillset (almost entirely in learning :()
Vaevectia
Vaevectia

Posted - 2005.09.21 05:44:00 - [250]

I've been trying this mission a bunch of times in a caracal; it just doesn't seem feasable with my skillset (almost entirely in learning :()
Ste Gou
Ste Gou

Posted - 2005.09.21 12:10:00 - [251]

I love this mission. Done it several times now, though I use a Tempest with shield tanking, I`m even fitted for speed and a larger cargo hold, so IÆm not running loads of tanking modules. Great rewards, 2K+ of LP`s plus high rewards and thatÆs without military connections etc.

Don't know if lvl3 should be done in a cruiser. but if thatÆs the case then there is a serious mismatch in the agent levels. They say lvl4 is meant to be for groups, though a few people who very good set up and skills can manage them.

What about hard solo missions for people? I can just about manage a few lvl4 missions not risking the deadspace though. If the lvl3 missions like this one are nerfed, this leaves a big gap for people who want a hard solo mission in a BS.

CCP need to rebalance the missions.

Something for noobs,
Challenging in frig
Challenging in cruisers
Challenging in BS
Group missions.

Each level should have ones that are easy, and ones that are really tricky, keeping things interesting.

Of course with the new BC's, assault frigs, and the like, its should be possible/a challenge to do cruiser missions with a assault frig etc.

Ste Gou
Ste Gou

Posted - 2005.09.21 12:10:00 - [252]

I love this mission. Done it several times now, though I use a Tempest with shield tanking, I`m even fitted for speed and a larger cargo hold, so IÆm not running loads of tanking modules. Great rewards, 2K+ of LP`s plus high rewards and thatÆs without military connections etc.

Don't know if lvl3 should be done in a cruiser. but if thatÆs the case then there is a serious mismatch in the agent levels. They say lvl4 is meant to be for groups, though a few people who very good set up and skills can manage them.

What about hard solo missions for people? I can just about manage a few lvl4 missions not risking the deadspace though. If the lvl3 missions like this one are nerfed, this leaves a big gap for people who want a hard solo mission in a BS.

CCP need to rebalance the missions.

Something for noobs,
Challenging in frig
Challenging in cruisers
Challenging in BS
Group missions.

Each level should have ones that are easy, and ones that are really tricky, keeping things interesting.

Of course with the new BC's, assault frigs, and the like, its should be possible/a challenge to do cruiser missions with a assault frig etc.

Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Posted - 2005.09.21 12:24:00 - [253]

Thing is, L3s are hard in cruisers and easy in AFs. Making cruiser missions a challenge for AFs isn't gonna work unless you just have loads of high-power anti-frig weapons that don't hurt cruisers much, and I doubt you're gonna get AFs working in missions designed for BS
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Posted - 2005.09.21 12:24:00 - [254]

Thing is, L3s are hard in cruisers and easy in AFs. Making cruiser missions a challenge for AFs isn't gonna work unless you just have loads of high-power anti-frig weapons that don't hurt cruisers much, and I doubt you're gonna get AFs working in missions designed for BS
Derron Bel
Derron Bel

Posted - 2005.09.22 11:06:00 - [255]

Tough but doable in my Prophecy.

Armor Plates or Shield Extenders a must.

after 2-3 No Joy runs try to blast the cruisers (didn't work out owing to sentry damage; was forced to warp out before doing significant damage), I just rushed the sentries and blasted one tough and one easy one out of the sky before jumping. Next run was easy- took down the other sentry guns and the cruisers with few problems.
-==-

Holy-Jim> as you know, surprise is the key to victory.....surprise!
LooseCannoN> ahh!
LooseCannoN> my plans have been foiled!
Derron Bel
Derron Bel
Amarr
Imperial Academy

Posted - 2005.09.22 11:06:00 - [256]

Tough but doable in my Prophecy.

Armor Plates or Shield Extenders a must.

after 2-3 No Joy runs try to blast the cruisers (didn't work out owing to sentry damage; was forced to warp out before doing significant damage), I just rushed the sentries and blasted one tough and one easy one out of the sky before jumping. Next run was easy- took down the other sentry guns and the cruisers with few problems.
-==-

Holy-Jim> as you know, surprise is the key to victory.....surprise!
LooseCannoN> ahh!
LooseCannoN> my plans have been foiled!
elFarto
elFarto

Posted - 2005.09.22 14:55:00 - [257]

Ah, seems I forgot to post this. It's the 2nd area of the guristas spy stash done in my ferox. It was taken about a month ago (after the missile changes).

Spy Stash, 2nd area

Regards
elFarto
elFarto
elFarto
New Order Industries

Posted - 2005.09.22 14:55:00 - [258]

Ah, seems I forgot to post this. It's the 2nd area of the guristas spy stash done in my ferox. It was taken about a month ago (after the missile changes).

Spy Stash, 2nd area

Regards
elFarto

NPC database
Mal: This is your captain speaking. We're having some technical difficulties, so we may experience some turbulence, and then explode.
Mak'shar Karrde
Mak'shar Karrde

Posted - 2005.09.23 06:10:00 - [259]

For the record, and to anyone interested...

A Typhoon, even with my limited skills and experience, takes all the fun out of this mission. Nobody should ever be at risk of losing their Battleship to this mission.

Oh well, now it's just another grind i guess. I'm not ready to do level 4 missions yet. I'm still using cruiser weapons/mods, heh. Need to finish these damn learning skills.
Mak'shar Karrde
Mak'shar Karrde
Minmatar
UK Corp
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2005.09.23 06:10:00 - [260]

For the record, and to anyone interested...

A Typhoon, even with my limited skills and experience, takes all the fun out of this mission. Nobody should ever be at risk of losing their Battleship to this mission.

Oh well, now it's just another grind i guess. I'm not ready to do level 4 missions yet. I'm still using cruiser weapons/mods, heh. Need to finish these damn learning skills.
baron corrino
baron corrino

Posted - 2005.09.25 11:27:00 - [261]

My tactic... Take a tanked cruiser.. or Bc... at first pocket of enemy.. make a run for the acceleration gate.. warp to next section.. then make a run for officers headquartes ( appears above the storage containers) hit that grab he loot and warp to station... ( I think you can just explore officers structure to grab loot.. cant recall)

Dont actualy bother engageing anything... did this in a rax ;)

heh... its not worth lucrative enuff to duke it out ... spy stash ;(
baron corrino
baron corrino
Gallente
Endgame.

Posted - 2005.09.25 11:27:00 - [262]

My tactic... Take a tanked cruiser.. or Bc... at first pocket of enemy.. make a run for the acceleration gate.. warp to next section.. then make a run for officers headquartes ( appears above the storage containers) hit that grab he loot and warp to station... ( I think you can just explore officers structure to grab loot.. cant recall)

Hoshi
Hoshi

Posted - 2005.09.25 12:07:00 - [263]

Originally by: baron corrino

Sorry does not work.

2005.09.25 12:04:23notifyYou cannot access the Guristas Officer's Quarters_Mission_Spy Stash while it is being guarded.
Hoshi
Hoshi
Blackguard Brigade
Phalanx Alliance

Posted - 2005.09.25 12:07:00 - [264]

Originally by: baron corrino

Sorry does not work.

2005.09.25 12:04:23notifyYou cannot access the Guristas Officer's Quarters_Mission_Spy Stash while it is being guarded.
----------------------------------------
A Guide to Scan Probing in Revelations
baron corrino
baron corrino

Posted - 2005.09.26 11:05:00 - [265]

Oh yeah... thats right.. 1st section you can run thru... second section you need to battle it out.... My bad... it was early.. i was in a rush !!!

;/
baron corrino
baron corrino
Gallente
Endgame.

Posted - 2005.09.26 11:05:00 - [266]

Oh yeah... thats right.. 1st section you can run thru... second section you need to battle it out.... My bad... it was early.. i was in a rush !!!

;/
n sx
n sx

Posted - 2005.09.26 20:35:00 - [267]

Well ... I was offered this Guristas mission by an agent last night and I thought I would wait for some corp mates to come out and fly it with me. Some friends sent me this link so I psyched myself up during work.

I thought I would fly a Crow interceptor setup with Gistii Sheild Booster, Gistii Afterburner, 1 Webber in the mids, 3xPDUII's in the lows, 3xArablest launchers and one 75mm prototype rail. This is a very expensive setup and certainly gets the blood rushing with getting down to armour (only 174hps!!!).

I started the mission with a corp mate flying a Harpy, tech2 rails etc etc and we got through the warp scrambling inty pretty fast. Hoping to agress slowly, we took on the two 130k cruisers. We killed 2 plunderers on the way in, but the entire spawn agressed each of us equally. I was down to 90% structure within 10 seconds, and we both warped out. We attempted again and the harpy was gone... :(.

While my corp mate went to get his Moa to support me, I knocked out the missile sentries. I then just took stabs through the pack, knocking out a missile frig on each flyby. This was a bit rough at first, and I found myself struggling to maintain sheild and did it about 8 times, warping out about 4 of them and flying out of missile range on the others.

The only thing left that was hitting me was the 5 terrorist cruisers for about 30hp and the 5 Moa class cruisers. I would charge in, kill a terrorist and warp out, with about 5% sheild remaining. Repeated this a few times. I was left with 5 moa-class cruisers and I can easily tank them. Corp mate arrived, and helped pop a few of them while I took the shots.

I warped through to the final stage, expecting to see loads of ships, but there were few. I knew I had to stay away from the 2 warp scrambling frigs so I flew a LONG way away and thought about how to attack this. Meanwhile, corp mates Moa flew in and was toasted by the frigs/cruisers. At over 100k's I COULDN'T tank the 2 gun sentries so I warped out and took it head on.

The two warp scrambling frigs were gone within a minute, and then ... it was just a matter of wearing down the cruisers. A 130k Eraser takes a while with only 3 small launchers!

This mission is tough and an absolute rush to fly. The expensive ship setup makes it more of a rush, but it certainly helps. Flying around at 1495m/s without a sig radius increase is great, certainly gives a tactical advantage, allowing me to split the groups and pick my targets.

If I get it again, I am going to try and take it entirely solo in the Interceptor. Whilst I realise this ISN'T the smartest or easiest thing to do, it certainly is a hell of alot of fun.

Lovin the hard missions.
n sx
n sx
The Tidemark
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2005.09.26 20:35:00 - [268]

Edited by: n sx on 26/09/2005 20:49:31
Edited by: n sx on 26/09/2005 20:49:17
Well ... I was offered this Guristas mission by an agent last night and I thought I would wait for some corp mates to come out and fly it with me. Some friends sent me this link so I psyched myself up during work.

I thought I would fly a Crow interceptor setup with Named Sheild Booster I, Named Afterburner, 1 Webber in the mids, 3xPDUII's in the lows, 3xArablest launchers and one 75mm prototype rail. This is a very expensive setup and certainly gets the blood rushing with getting down to armour (only 174hps!!!).

I started the mission with a corp mate flying a Harpy, tech2 rails etc etc and we got through the warp scrambling inty pretty fast. Hoping to agress slowly, we took on the two 130k cruisers. We killed 2 plunderers on the way in, but the entire spawn agressed each of us equally. I was down to 90% structure within 10 seconds, and we both warped out. We attempted again and the harpy was gone... :(.

While my corp mate went to get his Moa to support me, I knocked out the missile sentries. I then just took stabs through the pack, knocking out a missile frig on each flyby. This was a bit rough at first, and I found myself struggling to maintain sheild and did it about 8 times, warping out about 4 of them and flying out of missile range on the others.

The only thing left that was hitting me was the 5 terrorist cruisers for about 30hp and the 5 Moa class cruisers. I would charge in, kill a terrorist and warp out, with about 5% sheild remaining. Repeated this a few times. I was left with 5 moa-class cruisers and I can easily tank them. Corp mate arrived, and helped pop a few of them while I took the shots.

I warped through to the final stage, expecting to see loads of ships, but there were few. I knew I had to stay away from the 2 warp scrambling frigs so I flew a LONG way away and thought about how to attack this. Meanwhile, corp mate's Moa flew in and was toasted by the frigs/cruisers. At over 100k's I COULDN'T tank the 2 gun sentries so I warped out and took it head on.

The two warp scrambling frigs were gone within a minute, and then ... it was just a matter of wearing down the cruisers. A 130k Eraser takes a while with only 3 small launchers!

This mission is tough and an absolute rush to fly. The expensive ship setup makes it more of a rush, but it certainly helps. Flying around at 1495m/s without a sig radius increase is great, certainly gives a tactical advantage, allowing me to split the groups and pick my targets.

If I get it again, I am going to try and take it entirely solo in the Interceptor. Whilst I realise this ISN'T the smartest or easiest thing to do, it certainly is a hell of alot of fun.

Lovin the hard missions.
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius

Posted - 2005.09.26 22:44:00 - [269]

Rumour has it that the sentries do more damage the further away you are. I have no idea how that's supposed to work though.
Joerd Toastius
Joerd Toastius
Octavian Vanguard

Posted - 2005.09.26 22:44:00 - [270]

Rumour has it that the sentries do more damage the further away you are. I have no idea how that's supposed to work though.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 .. 11 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,11s, ref 20240514/0521
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.