| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

anubs
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:02:00 -
[1]
Is it just me or does anyone else have the fear of ctding during an engagement. It has happened to me several times and as well to some of my enemies. I really think something needs to be done about this because this is the worse it has ever been.
Do something ccp you are ruining pvp
|

IamBen
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:03:00 -
[2]
One of our teammates gets constant CTD's from the game. He got them alot before the patch but now its worse than ever. He doesnt lose his net, but he drops from EvE every 15 minutes or so
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:04:00 -
[3]
I came in and expected this to be a missile whine.
But no. It isn't. And my response: Word. --
Want your POS to make money? Call me up. I've designed POSs that make upwards of 50m a day. |

Sergeant Spot
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:09:00 -
[4]
I've had it happen too. Not "constantly", but enough that I'm not shocked "when" it happens......
|

Reash
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:13:00 -
[5]
I've found that my client is much more stable than before the patch so im gonna have to disagree with you. havent had 1 crash yet. ------------------------------------------------- Defend Amarr space, join the Auctoritan Syndicate today |

Capsicum
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:14:00 -
[6]
I'm interested to know if you've tried to use the Logserver program, as talked about in the sticky at the top of 'known issues & workarounds' here ?
I've been playing EVE lots since the patch, and not a single crash.
A friend had a similar problem too, and had even reinstalled eve, but it turned out that there were files left over from a previous install that hadn't been uninstalled. Deleted that folder and reinstalled EVE again, and it's been fine for him.
{The Forum Rules}|{Email Us!} |

anubs
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:16:00 -
[7]
Ill tyr it thanks for the advice
|

Capsicum
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:18:00 -
[8]
Just hope it helps, I understand how frustrating it is not to be able to play properly.
{The Forum Rules}|{Email Us!} |

ParMizaN
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:21:00 -
[9]
Yeah.. random ctd's ftl.... a lot of my friends, including me (because i'm my best friend) keep getting ctds at the most annoying times.
EG: K guys theyre all on the gate agress insta in NOW
parm: (*)Q$^)*Q^ crashed hupa: crashed marichek: GRAPHIC BUG i need to relog altai: omg i died again
 ------------------
Run and fall or stand in line, in the end what's your's is mine |

Taz Devlin
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:37:00 -
[10]
Originally by: ParMizaN marichek: GRAPHIC BUG i need to relog
Could you elaborate on that one please?
|

Moneta
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:39:00 -
[11]
No more crashes now then before. More or less limited to when I'm running multiple clients. Originally by: Aneu Angellus Iv held back from posting on this thread for quite some time, but i think the time had come for me to come in and post.
Aneu
|

Marcus Aurelius
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:53:00 -
[12]
How do you arrive at the conclusions in teh title purely based on an encrease in CTD's on your particular system ?
The patch is ridiculous because you CTD more then before ? It is ruining PvP ?
Funny, I noticed nothing of the kind. I guess that makes this patch as a whole the best thing since the big bang, and makes Eve PvP the best experience a human can have right ?
|

hylleX
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 14:59:00 -
[13]
Aye its a lot more ctd now than pre-patch. Just installed new gfx drivers hope that helps.
|

Malken
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 15:23:00 -
[14]
i swapped out my soundcard and all of a sudden i dont get the huge graphics bug anymore. woohoo.... now i CTD every 20min or so instead. same result though as both conditions forces me to restart the client.
|

Star Commander
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 15:24:00 -
[15]
Random locks are a pain in the neck, but then *snip* happens 
Please dont bypass the profanity filter. -Capsicum
|

Karazaan
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 16:23:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Malken i swapped out my soundcard and all of a sudden i dont get the huge graphics bug anymore. woohoo.... now i CTD every 20min or so instead. same result though as both conditions forces me to restart the client.
Maybe it would be time for the classic: 'install your latest graphic card drivers'.
And are other games working for more than 20 min on your computers? maybe you got a memory problem or something. |

Dionysus Davinci
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 16:33:00 -
[17]
The only issue I have is at peak time I don't pvp right now. I constanly get dropped by the server. I suspect it is a network issue though, and not CCP's fault (entirely)
|

UnBorn Dead
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 16:33:00 -
[18]
I have ctd all the time and have had 2 pettions opened once i send ccp the info they want the next thing i get is asking how we did on the pettion and its closed they dont care about anyone ctd its no different for me after the patch i have done everything possible to try to stop it i cant PVP at all anymore y should i just to loose another bs its not like ccp will help or at least replace the ship they wont do jack gl im gonna watch this thread to see if anything is said here to help
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 16:57:00 -
[19]
Not had a chance to PvP since the patch.
We're at war with FA, y'see.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Arcticblue2
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 17:05:00 -
[20]
Well have not had any CTD's after the patch.. infact since I found new drivers to my soundcard I don't think I have had CTD's at all...
---------------------------------------------- "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things." 1 cor. 13:11 |

Malken
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 18:27:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Karazaan
Maybe it would be time for the classic: 'install your latest graphic card drivers'.
And are other games working for more than 20 min on your computers? maybe you got a memory problem or something.
no i do not have any problems with my mem sticks. i checked that also.
and yes i have worked with putting computers together and service them for over 10years. so you can take that "change your graphics driver " and you know what to do with it. same goes for "clear the cache" comment. fact of the matter is that eve is very buggy and wont run perfectly on all PC's. but after each patch there is a reshuffeling in my driver versions to find the most stable combination for eve on my machine.
funny thing is that i can run eve in linux more stable then in windows yet i dont have the same graphics performance. still working on improving that abit.
|

ParMizaN
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 18:32:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Taz Devlin
Originally by: ParMizaN marichek: GRAPHIC BUG i need to relog
Could you elaborate on that one please?
Not sure: but from what i ehard he gets a crippling graphical problem in that he cant see much/do much and only relogging fixes it. Have never experienced it myself, but it happened to him about 5 times in an hour 2 or 3 days ago. ------------------
Run and fall or stand in line, in the end what's your's is mine |

Karazaan
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 21:34:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Malken
Originally by: Karazaan
Maybe it would be time for the classic: 'install your latest graphic card drivers'.
And are other games working for more than 20 min on your computers? maybe you got a memory problem or something.
no i do not have any problems with my mem sticks. i checked that also.
and yes i have worked with putting computers together and service them for over 10years. so you can take that "change your graphics driver " and you know what to do with it. same goes for "clear the cache" comment. fact of the matter is that eve is very buggy and wont run perfectly on all PC's. but after each patch there is a reshuffeling in my driver versions to find the most stable combination for eve on my machine.
funny thing is that i can run eve in linux more stable then in windows yet i dont have the same graphics performance. still working on improving that abit.
Hey, no need for personnal attack, I'm just trying to help here. First I state the obvious (without any superior meaning to it) then we pass to the other level. If you are not crashing in any other game, could be the client sure, could be your connection (some people simply cannot make it work reliable thru wireless router in home no matter how hard they try), there is also the general lag factor. If it happen only in fight, I would assume that's the thing.
When everything start to fly at the same time, the client still need to have all that information UP TO DATE.
(BTW: I'm writing in hope to help everyone that might experience constant droppout, or I would simply write you and eve-mail don't you think?)
So anyway, I experienced dropout lately because I was downloading something at the same time, and windows beeing what it is, (sharing is not that great) maybe the download was taking a little too much bandwith but anyway, dropping and dropping. Stopped download, I was ok. I'm not saying you are downloading, just saying it's something that might affect some people. Maybe the client is less tolerant now to 'loss of contact' with the cluster than before and so thoses with broadband don't see the problem.
How should I know, but surely if you are not trolling, you should accept some reply that are not to the point for you.
BTW: I would never state the clear your cache argument since it never did anything for more than ONE YEAR. Except the folder MachoNet that had some outdate highway and/or market info after the last patch.
Anybody that have problem need to blame himself FIRST. Then realise he is surrounded by other peoples that are humans just like him. |

Blind Fear
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 21:42:00 -
[24]
I rarely CTDed before the Cold War patch.
Now I do often to the point of unplayability. I have nice GM replies which inform me that I should theoretically be experiencing no lag, and that they have no advice for me.
I have no memory issues, no graphics card issues, and no other instability of any kind.
|

Blind Fear
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 21:47:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Blind Fear on 17/07/2005 21:47:25 Just for fun, this is a timetable of one of my more recent EVE sessions:
00:00 Logon 00:10 Alt-Tab to start TS. EVE crashes. 00:12 Logon Again 00:25 Jump into 0.0. 00:26 Engage hostile who shows as blue on my overview. 00:27 CTD (Thankfully my inty moves out of scramble range and warps) 00:28 Logon Again. 00:29 Engage target again. Now target shows purple on my overview. 00:33 CTD Again. 00:34 Logon Again. Give up, insta to empire, dock and log.
|

Bosie
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 21:51:00 -
[26]
For the last few months I have had constant CTD's. Since this new patch my CTD's have stopped! Which has caused me to re-subscribe to Eve.
Guess they changed something that my ISP/PC likes and others don't.
Bosie.
http://bosie.proboards40.com/ http://zeroimpact.co.uk/evemap
|

TheJay
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 21:57:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Blind Fear Edited by: Blind Fear on 17/07/2005 21:47:25 Just for fun, this is a timetable of one of my more recent EVE sessions:
00:00 Logon 00:10 Alt-Tab to start TS. EVE crashes. 00:12 Logon Again 00:25 Jump into 0.0. 00:26 Engage hostile who shows as blue on my overview. 00:27 CTD (Thankfully my inty moves out of scramble range and warps) 00:28 Logon Again. 00:29 Engage target again. Now target shows purple on my overview. 00:33 CTD Again. 00:34 Logon Again. Give up, insta to empire, dock and log.
Tried running windowed, or starting TS first? My old gfx card got arsey when I alt tabbed out of games
|

Blind Fear
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 22:01:00 -
[28]
Originally by: TheJay Tried running windowed, or starting TS first? My old gfx card got arsey when I alt tabbed out of games
I dont like windowed, and I usually do start TS first. But if you forget and need TS open, you might as well hope alt+tab works because either way you need to restart EVE.
I have never once had a problem with alt-tab before the cold war patch.
|

Dakath
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 22:37:00 -
[29]
I am running multiple windowed accounts from a single computer and have not had any problems.
I did flush the cache after I installed the patch. I deleted everything in the cache folder EXCEPT prefs.ini and the settings folder.
If you have not flushed, give it a try.
Good luck with it. I had CTD problems after the Exodus patch for about two weeks. Almost drove me bonkers.
I..have..learned..to..love..the..new..voice..and..you..will..too.
She..commands..me..to..tell..you..to..turn..your..sound..on..and..enjoy. |

Capsicum
|
Posted - 2005.07.17 23:00:00 -
[30]
And yet again, does running 'logserver' give any indication to the problem? It's a lot more helpful then you think - especially when you can post a bugreport with a log attached.
Put it this way, a lot more people play EVE then use these forums. That said, if there was a major problem with stability, there would be thousands of people on here complaining about it, and there simply aren't.
I'm not saying you don't have a problem, and I appreciate how frustrating it can be, but it works for the majority, so you have to give CCP the most help you can to track down why it doesn't work for you.
That means using the tools available like logserver and submitting bug-reports - not just posting that it doesn't work.
For posting purposes, I've found the last 2-5 lines of text in the logserver report to be the most usefull, in explaining a crash, as it often contains the error message. You can find a guide to using logserver, here.
{The Forum Rules}|{Email Us!} |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |