Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Drutort
Drutort

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.26 21:41:00 - [31]

if bad things can happen why the hell do we have concord in the first place?

why not just let ppl run the show?

if we have concord and you are in secure space then you should have to fallow some rules...

why donĘt you read my examples its the same thing regardless if its space earth or your front yard.

the idea/principle is the same.

btw why do some of you oppose this idea? its only for the better and make it a bit of a challenge to steal peoples stuff??

I do not see why anyone would be apposing this unless they are the ones benefiting from the LACK of such measures in the game.

How would this hurt anyone? This would give a bit more of protection and freedom to those who have there cans right next to themą

Compare the cargoĘs to say shopping bagsą you bought stuff and well it doesnĘt have your name and the bag isnĘt really secure and you a re holding on to it and or put it next to you some placeą

Does that mean that someone can steal it? YES does that mean they should get away without even the slightest chance of knowing that they get some kind of punishment or form of retaliation for there actions? NO

all this would do is give the option FOR those to DEFEND THERE STUFF!! you can still go and try to take it BUT HEY then you open your self to be attacked!

why is that a bad thing please explian that to me.
support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo

my MoBlog
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.26 21:41:00 - [32]

"i feel for those ppl who have this problem."

Scrapyard Jack doesn't. Shocked

If it was a problem without a solution; then maybe. Secure containers are the solution.

If you truly feel for the poor noobs, why not organise the whole of your corporation into hopping into indies and helping the noobs haul ore for a day or so?

ehehehe! Shocked
Drutort
Drutort
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:41:00 - [33]

if bad things can happen why the hell do we have concord in the first place?

why not just let ppl run the show?

if we have concord and you are in secure space then you should have to fallow some rules...

why donĘt you read my examples its the same thing regardless if its space earth or your front yard.

the idea/principle is the same.

btw why do some of you oppose this idea? its only for the better and make it a bit of a challenge to steal peoples stuff??

I do not see why anyone would be apposing this unless they are the ones benefiting from the LACK of such measures in the game.

How would this hurt anyone? This would give a bit more of protection and freedom to those who have there cans right next to themą

Compare the cargoĘs to say shopping bagsą you bought stuff and well it doesnĘt have your name and the bag isnĘt really secure and you a re holding on to it and or put it next to you some placeą

Does that mean that someone can steal it? YES does that mean they should get away without even the slightest chance of knowing that they get some kind of punishment or form of retaliation for there actions? NO

all this would do is give the option FOR those to DEFEND THERE STUFF!! you can still go and try to take it BUT HEY then you open your self to be attacked!

why is that a bad thing please explian that to me.
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:41:00 - [34]

"i feel for those ppl who have this problem."

Scrapyard Jack doesn't. Shocked

If it was a problem without a solution; then maybe. Secure containers are the solution.

If you truly feel for the poor noobs, why not organise the whole of your corporation into hopping into indies and helping the noobs haul ore for a day or so?

ehehehe! Shocked
Drutort
Drutort

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:43:00 - [35]

Edited by: Drutort on 26/07/2003 21:44:12
LOL risk?? risk on who's side? oh wait that guy who worked for it??

what about that person who is stealing it? they have ZERO RISK as they know if the other person right now fires at them they will get there ass handed to them by concord.

This idea in fact does leave concord out of the hole mess!! hey you take someones cargo you can be fired up on... why is that such a bad thing?

that will make everyone who steals to think before doing so.

my MoBlog
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:43:00 - [36]

"all this would do is give the option FOR those to DEFEND THERE STUFF!!"

Scrapyard Jack always finds this argument amusing!

ehehehe!

How about, say, defending it by not tossing it out of an airlock?

Shocked
Drutort
Drutort
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:43:00 - [37]

Edited by: Drutort on 26/07/2003 21:44:12
LOL risk?? risk on who's side? oh wait that guy who worked for it??

what about that person who is stealing it? they have ZERO RISK as they know if the other person right now fires at them they will get there ass handed to them by concord.

This idea in fact does leave concord out of the hole mess!! hey you take someones cargo you can be fired up on... why is that such a bad thing?

that will make everyone who steals to think before doing so.
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:43:00 - [38]

"all this would do is give the option FOR those to DEFEND THERE STUFF!!"

Scrapyard Jack always finds this argument amusing!

ehehehe!

How about, say, defending it by not tossing it out of an airlock?

Shocked
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:45:00 - [39]

"they have ZERO RISK"

And rightly so; they're not doing anything against the law, they're merely claiming salvage on abandoned cargo, ehehehe! Shocked

Scrapyard Jack applauds the scavengers that are responsible for a clean and tidy solarsystem. Shocked
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:45:00 - [40]

"they have ZERO RISK"

And rightly so; they're not doing anything against the law, they're merely claiming salvage on abandoned cargo, ehehehe! Shocked

Scrapyard Jack applauds the scavengers that are responsible for a clean and tidy solarsystem. Shocked
Drutort
Drutort

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:47:00 - [41]

your funny just because its space doesnĘt make a diff... what if this game was on earth and it was your front yard or 10 feet away from you...

it doesnĘt make a difference if its in space few km or if its in front of your feet.

I see that many people here just enjoy taking advantage of how the game mechanics are to there advantage and they donĘt give a rats ass about other people or for things to be fair in any case.

The hole argument here is that you give the other person a chance to fight for there CARGO OR A CARGO the point is that other person who is stealing can steal as they wish BUT now they could be ATTACKED DOING SO

You must stupid im sorry to say it if you do not see this.

my MoBlog
Drutort
Drutort
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:47:00 - [42]

your funny just because its space doesnĘt make a diff... what if this game was on earth and it was your front yard or 10 feet away from you...

it doesnĘt make a difference if its in space few km or if its in front of your feet.

I see that many people here just enjoy taking advantage of how the game mechanics are to there advantage and they donĘt give a rats ass about other people or for things to be fair in any case.

The hole argument here is that you give the other person a chance to fight for there CARGO OR A CARGO the point is that other person who is stealing can steal as they wish BUT now they could be ATTACKED DOING SO

You must stupid im sorry to say it if you do not see this.

Drutort
Drutort

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:51:00 - [43]

Quote:
And rightly so; they're not doing anything against the law, they're merely claiming salvage on abandoned cargo, ehehehe!

you see the problem is that while someone is there by a cargo someone should have clame over it, and if they are right there by it... then why not give them claim over it???

that is the right thing to do... and if they leave the time expires and its FFA THEN AND ONLY THEN!!

get it right in your head.

taking something in front of someone is ok in your eyes then i wonder what you would be doing IRL.

im sure you would learn your lesson quite fast.

my MoBlog
Drutort
Drutort
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:51:00 - [44]

Quote:
And rightly so; they're not doing anything against the law, they're merely claiming salvage on abandoned cargo, ehehehe!

you see the problem is that while someone is there by a cargo someone should have clame over it, and if they are right there by it... then why not give them claim over it???

that is the right thing to do... and if they leave the time expires and its FFA THEN AND ONLY THEN!!

get it right in your head.

taking something in front of someone is ok in your eyes then i wonder what you would be doing IRL.

im sure you would learn your lesson quite fast.

nono
nono

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:58:00 - [45]

Quote: "They won't."

What? You steal from my front yard Jash and I see you do it and call the cops. They WONT come and visit you? What part of the world do you live in?

Maybe they won't in this game, thats the whole point of this thread. But you replied to this.

Quote: "thats like saying you have something that is out doors and just because it is for the taking doesnt mean it does not belong to someone... and doesnt mean it doesnt count a stealing and doesnt mean that the cops wont come after you..."

At least in the world I live in your damb sure to have the cops come see you.

You find a bag of cash on the ground and turn it in like a good simaritan. If noone claims it after a year( or whatever time frame the law states) and its not proven to be the proceeds of a crime somewhere its yours.

Find that same bag of cash and not report it but someone see's you, or you stupidly brag about it, and if someone reports it lost, your busted.

Point being in law, you knew damb well it didn't belong to YOU.

nono
nono

Posted - 2003.07.26 21:58:00 - [46]

Quote: "They won't."

What? You steal from my front yard Jash and I see you do it and call the cops. They WONT come and visit you? What part of the world do you live in?

Maybe they won't in this game, thats the whole point of this thread. But you replied to this.

Quote: "thats like saying you have something that is out doors and just because it is for the taking doesnt mean it does not belong to someone... and doesnt mean it doesnt count a stealing and doesnt mean that the cops wont come after you..."

At least in the world I live in your damb sure to have the cops come see you.

You find a bag of cash on the ground and turn it in like a good simaritan. If noone claims it after a year( or whatever time frame the law states) and its not proven to be the proceeds of a crime somewhere its yours.

Find that same bag of cash and not report it but someone see's you, or you stupidly brag about it, and if someone reports it lost, your busted.

Point being in law, you knew damb well it didn't belong to YOU.

Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:06:00 - [47]

"You steal from my front yard"

This would imply that you own the asteroid belt where you left the ore. You do not. In the "real world", you would likely be arrested for littering, and Jash would be considered an environmentalist for tidying that litter away, ehehehe! Shocked

"you see the problem is that while someone is there by a cargo someone should have clame over it"

They do. When it's in their cargo hold. When it's in space, it's not "claimed" by anyone, ehehehe! It's salvage! Shocked
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:06:00 - [48]

"You steal from my front yard"

This would imply that you own the asteroid belt where you left the ore. You do not. In the "real world", you would likely be arrested for littering, and Jash would be considered an environmentalist for tidying that litter away, ehehehe! Shocked

"you see the problem is that while someone is there by a cargo someone should have clame over it"

They do. When it's in their cargo hold. When it's in space, it's not "claimed" by anyone, ehehehe! It's salvage! Shocked
Jack Hayden
Jack Hayden

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:13:00 - [49]

"Now mining is a chore"

I must agree with Scrapyard Jack, that came out all wrong, so I take it back...
į

"Spelling and grammatical errors are placed solely to test your abilities as a proofreader. All prices include 25% VAT."

Jack Hayden
Jack Hayden
Gallente
Doomheim

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:13:00 - [50]

"Now mining is a chore"

I must agree with Scrapyard Jack, that came out all wrong, so I take it back...
į

"Spelling and grammatical errors are placed solely to test your abilities as a proofreader. All prices include 25% VAT."

Jash Illian
Jash Illian

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:21:00 - [51]

Edited by: Jash Illian on 26/07/2003 22:21:21
Okay, I'm utterly sick of these type of topics. So I decided to provide a bit of perspective for people from my life.

So we begin...

REAL LIFE ENCOUNTERS WITH THE HOUSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT

Incident #1(Armed? Robbery):
While walking home from a club one night, a man came out of the shadows. He said he had a gun, which I did not bother to question. He proceeded to take around $30 cash and a diamond nugget ring worth approximately $2,500 from me. After he left I went to a phone booth 1 block away and reported the mugging.

Police Response:
45 minutes after reporting the mugging, a single police cruiser came to my location. The police proceed to question me for 20 minutes concerning the mugging. They invited me into the cruiser at which point we rode around the block once looking for the mugger. They took a description of the mugger and the ring stolen. They then suggested I

1. Do not walk home at 2am

2. Check the local pawn shops over the next week for my ring

Nothing further came from the police department concerning the mugging. My ring was never recovered.

Incident #2(Grand Theft Auto):
While at a gas station, filling up my car, I went inside to pay the attendant for the gas purchase. I left my door unlocked and the keys in the ignition. A person walking by proceeded to jump into the car and drive off. I used the phone at the gas station to report the theft.

Police Response :
Within 10 minutes a police cruiser arrived at the scene. They took a complete description of the vehicle, license plates, VIN #, a description of any valuable items in the car that I could remember and contact information. They then informed me they would contact me if my vehicle was found. Two days later, I was contacted by the police department to inform me that the vehicle had been recovered and was at the police impound. The vehicle (1994 Jaguar SJ-6) had been stripped of almost everything except the seats. I paid $75 towing and $125 storage fee for the 2 hours it was at the impound. They provided a copy of the report to give my insurance company.

Incident #3 (Assault With a Deadly Weapon):
Driving through downtown Houston around 1:30 AM, I got lost trying to reach the highway. I stopped at a nearby club and went inside to ask for directions, which I received. Walking back to my vehicle, I noticed 3 people following me. At approximately 100 yards away, I broke into a run for my truck. They caught up with me prior to my reaching the truck. A fight began. During the fight, I was punched and kicked several times. I also punched and kicked my assailants several times. One of the assailants pulled a knife and slashed me across the upper arm. At this point things got serious.

I broke from the assailants and they pursued. i used my car alarm to unlock my truck. When I reached the door to my truck, I pulled my .380 semiautomatic from a compartment located on the door panel. I turned and fired at my attackers, hitting one in the upper leg. When they saw I was armed and willing to kill, they grabbed their wounded companion and fled. I did not continue firing, as they were fleeing. I used my truck's car phone to call the police to report the shooting and call an ambulance.

Police Response:
Several police cruisers came to the scene, with the first arriving within 2 minutes. My weapon was confiscated and I was taken into custody. From the scene I was taken to a local hospial to have my wounds examined. After recieving treatment, I was taken to the county jail. Later I was absolved of any wrongdoing as it was justified. I was never informed if my assailants were captured or if anything further ever came from the incident.

So, speaking from experience, theft as Drutort is describing would be met with token response from most law enforcement officials. Given the major thefts and violent crimes that occur, theft which could be prevented through the use of common sense ranks low priority. So do me a favor and stop acting like the SWAT team will respond if someone steals the groceries you put down while you searched for your keys to open your door.

Is it theft? Yes. Is the person wrong? Yes. Does anyone give a damn so long as nobody got hurt? No.

I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann

Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante
Jash Illian
Jash Illian
Minmatar
Light Brigade Industries L.L.C.

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:21:00 - [52]

Edited by: Jash Illian on 26/07/2003 22:21:21
Okay, I'm utterly sick of these type of topics. So I decided to provide a bit of perspective for people from my life.

So we begin...

REAL LIFE ENCOUNTERS WITH THE HOUSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT

Incident #1(Armed? Robbery):
While walking home from a club one night, a man came out of the shadows. He said he had a gun, which I did not bother to question. He proceeded to take around $30 cash and a diamond nugget ring worth approximately $2,500 from me. After he left I went to a phone booth 1 block away and reported the mugging.

Police Response:
45 minutes after reporting the mugging, a single police cruiser came to my location. The police proceed to question me for 20 minutes concerning the mugging. They invited me into the cruiser at which point we rode around the block once looking for the mugger. They took a description of the mugger and the ring stolen. They then suggested I

1. Do not walk home at 2am

2. Check the local pawn shops over the next week for my ring

Nothing further came from the police department concerning the mugging. My ring was never recovered.

Incident #2(Grand Theft Auto):
While at a gas station, filling up my car, I went inside to pay the attendant for the gas purchase. I left my door unlocked and the keys in the ignition. A person walking by proceeded to jump into the car and drive off. I used the phone at the gas station to report the theft.

Police Response :
Within 10 minutes a police cruiser arrived at the scene. They took a complete description of the vehicle, license plates, VIN #, a description of any valuable items in the car that I could remember and contact information. They then informed me they would contact me if my vehicle was found. Two days later, I was contacted by the police department to inform me that the vehicle had been recovered and was at the police impound. The vehicle (1994 Jaguar SJ-6) had been stripped of almost everything except the seats. I paid $75 towing and $125 storage fee for the 2 hours it was at the impound. They provided a copy of the report to give my insurance company.

Incident #3 (Assault With a Deadly Weapon):
Driving through downtown Houston around 1:30 AM, I got lost trying to reach the highway. I stopped at a nearby club and went inside to ask for directions, which I received. Walking back to my vehicle, I noticed 3 people following me. At approximately 100 yards away, I broke into a run for my truck. They caught up with me prior to my reaching the truck. A fight began. During the fight, I was punched and kicked several times. I also punched and kicked my assailants several times. One of the assailants pulled a knife and slashed me across the upper arm. At this point things got serious.

I broke from the assailants and they pursued. i used my car alarm to unlock my truck. When I reached the door to my truck, I pulled my .380 semiautomatic from a compartment located on the door panel. I turned and fired at my attackers, hitting one in the upper leg. When they saw I was armed and willing to kill, they grabbed their wounded companion and fled. I did not continue firing, as they were fleeing. I used my truck's car phone to call the police to report the shooting and call an ambulance.

Police Response:
Several police cruisers came to the scene, with the first arriving within 2 minutes. My weapon was confiscated and I was taken into custody. From the scene I was taken to a local hospial to have my wounds examined. After recieving treatment, I was taken to the county jail. Later I was absolved of any wrongdoing as it was justified. I was never informed if my assailants were captured or if anything further ever came from the incident.

So, speaking from experience, theft as Drutort is describing would be met with token response from most law enforcement officials. Given the major thefts and violent crimes that occur, theft which could be prevented through the use of common sense ranks low priority. So do me a favor and stop acting like the SWAT team will respond if someone steals the groceries you put down while you searched for your keys to open your door.

Is it theft? Yes. Is the person wrong? Yes. Does anyone give a damn so long as nobody got hurt? No.

I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann

Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:23:00 - [53]

ehehehe!

Let it never be said that Scrapyard Jack is insensitive to the current needs of the community; ol' Jack senses that the issue of container "theft" is controversial and could be better represented in the EVE universe.

With this in mind, Scrapyard Jack would like to suggest a method that would completely eradicate the container "thief".

This would involve changing the nature of "jettisoning" cargo.

Under the proposed system, any items jettisoned into space that are not inside a spaceworthy (secure) container, are immediately and irrevocably destroyed and removed from the EVE universe.

Scrapyard Jack would then like the implementation of both Hacking (opening secure containers) and establishing a "cargo link" with another ship, in order to trade whilst in space, cargohold to cargohold. (e.g. Miner to Industrial)

With the only things floating in space being lockable containers, the "thief" would be unable to pick up items without consequence.

However, the miner would also be incapable of exploiting the game mechanics and obtaining unlimited cargo-space in which to store his ore without an industrial ship present.

How's that grab ya as a "solution" .. ?

ehehehe! Shocked

Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:23:00 - [54]

ehehehe!

Let it never be said that Scrapyard Jack is insensitive to the current needs of the community; ol' Jack senses that the issue of container "theft" is controversial and could be better represented in the EVE universe.

With this in mind, Scrapyard Jack would like to suggest a method that would completely eradicate the container "thief".

This would involve changing the nature of "jettisoning" cargo.

Under the proposed system, any items jettisoned into space that are not inside a spaceworthy (secure) container, are immediately and irrevocably destroyed and removed from the EVE universe.

Scrapyard Jack would then like the implementation of both Hacking (opening secure containers) and establishing a "cargo link" with another ship, in order to trade whilst in space, cargohold to cargohold. (e.g. Miner to Industrial)

With the only things floating in space being lockable containers, the "thief" would be unable to pick up items without consequence.

However, the miner would also be incapable of exploiting the game mechanics and obtaining unlimited cargo-space in which to store his ore without an industrial ship present.

How's that grab ya as a "solution" .. ?

ehehehe! Shocked

Drutort
Drutort

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:24:00 - [55]

nono i was replying as an example to the other ppl... that, thats how they view eve at the moment...

not that i think of it that way hehe...Laughing

the argument here once again is that you should have a right to FIGHT OVER a cargo meaning that IF you were there first and over X time it is yours as a claim since nobody else is there, so when someone comes and tries to take it they can but you can fire ON THEM!!

that is all please read this and understand it, its very simple its only a mater of giving the right for the other person to fight back at those who steal.

the secure cargo's are kind of a joke but at least they do provide a lot more security...

since normal cargos dont have that anyone can take them but someone should have ownership of it while they are present by the cargo, its silly to say oh no its not mine but im the one who jet it out and seems that im the one who can put and stack and do other things but im sorry i cant do jack to stop someone from taking it right in front of my face.

ya this part of eve is a real joke, and i have seen many threads about this and i offered a solution, then ppl come screaming here that we got secure cargo's lol, that is irrelevant to my argument if we have secure or not, the point is that you should have a right to fire at someone after they take a cargo within your reach of the cargo, right in front of you!

this owner ship should go to say to a gang or to a none npc corp... that way those who know each other are sure to give rights to take and put into cargo without having any form of punishment or penalty, but only those who come and steal it while you are there should have some form of consequences for doing so.

my MoBlog
Drutort
Drutort
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:24:00 - [56]

nono i was replying as an example to the other ppl... that, thats how they view eve at the moment...

not that i think of it that way hehe...Laughing

the argument here once again is that you should have a right to FIGHT OVER a cargo meaning that IF you were there first and over X time it is yours as a claim since nobody else is there, so when someone comes and tries to take it they can but you can fire ON THEM!!

that is all please read this and understand it, its very simple its only a mater of giving the right for the other person to fight back at those who steal.

the secure cargo's are kind of a joke but at least they do provide a lot more security...

since normal cargos dont have that anyone can take them but someone should have ownership of it while they are present by the cargo, its silly to say oh no its not mine but im the one who jet it out and seems that im the one who can put and stack and do other things but im sorry i cant do jack to stop someone from taking it right in front of my face.

ya this part of eve is a real joke, and i have seen many threads about this and i offered a solution, then ppl come screaming here that we got secure cargo's lol, that is irrelevant to my argument if we have secure or not, the point is that you should have a right to fire at someone after they take a cargo within your reach of the cargo, right in front of you!

this owner ship should go to say to a gang or to a none npc corp... that way those who know each other are sure to give rights to take and put into cargo without having any form of punishment or penalty, but only those who come and steal it while you are there should have some form of consequences for doing so.

Drutort
Drutort

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:28:00 - [57]

maybe you never mined enough to fill up a normal cargo but they do have a limit, and ya it can be reached fast with a big corp so dont give me the crap that its an exploit... tell ccp about making less space for them... you already have to wait to make other cargo's etc...

lol so you want to kill completely the stealing aspect of the game? your solution only nerfs the game...

the solution i have just gives the other person to fight back and making it fair, the other person can still steal but they have some form of risk now.

my MoBlog
Drutort
Drutort
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:28:00 - [58]

maybe you never mined enough to fill up a normal cargo but they do have a limit, and ya it can be reached fast with a big corp so dont give me the crap that its an exploit... tell ccp about making less space for them... you already have to wait to make other cargo's etc...

lol so you want to kill completely the stealing aspect of the game? your solution only nerfs the game...

the solution i have just gives the other person to fight back and making it fair, the other person can still steal but they have some form of risk now.

Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:37:00 - [59]

"maybe you never mined enough to fill up a normal cargo but they do have a limit, and ya it can be reached fast with a big corp so dont give me the crap that its an exploit... tell ccp about making less space for them... you already have to wait to make other cargo's etc..."

Yes, indeed .. Scrapyard Jack concedes that individual containers have a 27,000m3 limit.

However, there is no limit to the number of containers that one person can have at any given time. Ergo; unlimited cargo.

"lol so you want to kill completely the stealing aspect of the game? your solution only nerfs the game..."

ehehehe! Scrapyard Jack is heartened that you're so concerned with the welfare of the thief!

But no, the introduction of hacking skills would introduce the element of theivery. Presently, there is no theft. It's just "picking stuff up, that someone thinks you shouldn't"

"the solution i have just gives the other person to fight back and making it fair, the other person can still steal but they have some form of risk now."

The container simply is not yours to defend, ehehehe! Shocked
Scrapyard Jack
Scrapyard Jack
Caldari

Posted - 2003.07.26 22:37:00 - [60]

"maybe you never mined enough to fill up a normal cargo but they do have a limit, and ya it can be reached fast with a big corp so dont give me the crap that its an exploit... tell ccp about making less space for them... you already have to wait to make other cargo's etc..."

Yes, indeed .. Scrapyard Jack concedes that individual containers have a 27,000m3 limit.

However, there is no limit to the number of containers that one person can have at any given time. Ergo; unlimited cargo.

"lol so you want to kill completely the stealing aspect of the game? your solution only nerfs the game..."

ehehehe! Scrapyard Jack is heartened that you're so concerned with the welfare of the thief!

But no, the introduction of hacking skills would introduce the element of theivery. Presently, there is no theft. It's just "picking stuff up, that someone thinks you shouldn't"

"the solution i have just gives the other person to fight back and making it fair, the other person can still steal but they have some form of risk now."

The container simply is not yours to defend, ehehehe! Shocked

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,61s, ref 20240424/1159
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.