| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:25:00 -
[1]
The How-To Website for using the Zezman Maneuver in Eve-Online, The Next Genesis
I created this page to show how it is possible to kill hundreds of pirates in a single shootout in a single asteroid belt, as long as you have the ammo for it.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

Derek
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:31:00 -
[2]
Old news.
But i like your illustrations and some people may have not known about it. wait till you do that with ascribers and terrorists. Thats when the cash starts flowing in. _______________________________________________2005.05.02 03:56:57combatYour Mega Pulse Laser II perfectly strikes Sansha's Battletower, wrecking for 1190.5 damage._ |

Singular
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:31:00 -
[3]
lol thats great. So do the containers stop the pirates from approaching you, or what is the point of those?
Im Yo Huckleberreh |

Asasham
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:33:00 -
[4]
*cough* chaining *cough*
|

Jarjar
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:37:00 -
[5]
Quote: Old news.
But i like your illustrations and some people may have not known about it. wait till you do that with ascribers and terrorists. Thats when the cash starts flowing in.
Yep. Camping a 5x40k spawn is nice, too bad they don't spawn faster. 
|

Couch Monkey
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:38:00 -
[6]
Pretty good. I dont know if I have seen this before. I was curious if this works if I am in a BS since movement is very slow.
|

Beseb
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:44:00 -
[7]
Yes, you can do this easily in a BS. Even more effectively actually because of your better killing and staying power.
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:44:00 -
[8]
Quote: lol thats great. So do the containers stop the pirates from approaching you, or what is the point of those?
Actually, all of the containers are the remains of dead pirates. And no, they don't stop them from attacking. What is really funny is hearing them run into the containers when it gets into the thick of battle, literally. Or maybe that was the sound of my own drones hitting them?
I wasn't sure if this was something already known or not, and I'm sorry for posting old news. But I wanted to share the funny pictures, and so far, everyone I've talked to had never heard of chaining before. I guess this was an inside trade secret until now.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:51:00 -
[9]
Yeah, this is called an "endless spawn" in more layman terms.
You find a nice group of pirates of a level that you can handle.. then you kill all but one and when new ones spawn as "reinforcements" you kill that first one and continue wasting away the newly spawned group until you have just one left again.
If youre fighting 40k+ pirates it helps to cripple the last 'placeholder' pirate to within a few shots of death so that you may dispose of him quickly when new ones come. Just dont kill him or it might take 10-15min for a new group to spawn.
If you have two or three people hunting together in a large belt you might as well stay in one spot and pick them off one by one.. by the time the last one comes *too* close (as in under tracking range) more spawn and you can kill that one. Essentially you have a long line of cargo containers floating in space connecting the pirate spawn point and you. You just finish off the spawn and your indi has 10-15min to casually go along the line and pick up anything of interest.
Best Ive found is a 3-4 Baron spawn (30k) _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

Foomanshoe
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:52:00 -
[10]
Ya this isnt exactly a new thing
and its kinda arrogent naming it after yourself  _______________________________________________
|

Valeria
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:52:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Valeria on 08/08/2003 18:54:20 Why do you get to name it? :(
As for Bships, sure. Just find a 3x50k spawn for loot or 5x40k for bounty and put yourself behind a big enough veldspar rock so the NPCs can't fly around it and can't fire through it. Now proceed to troll forums or something and just tab back in to switch targets now and then. |

Rancid Milk
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 18:59:00 -
[12]
no only tards diden know how to string out mobs. sorry but its true. the best way to to get 30k from spawn behind some big ol rock and sit there. killing have a indy holding all your ammo. so he can drop it off to you when you run low now doing it this way,the mobs will hardly ever target your indy char so he is free to hang and loot. now if your good like me you will loot per ever mob. it can get hard on that indy looting in the face of 4-5 40k spawn with missiles blowing up in its face. as you try to get to the loot.
me when i did this i would would work for a full day. i mean full day. i would make 15-20mil in isk alone and the indy loot once refined i could build a BS in 2 days worth of killing/looting
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:02:00 -
[13]
Edited by: Zezman on 08/08/2003 19:02:25
Quote: Edited by: Valeria on 08/08/2003 18:54:20 Why do you get to name it? :(
Because no one else did?
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

Singular
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:07:00 -
[14]
I actually knew about chaining, I misinterpreted this to be some cargo container shield exploit lol.
But still, why jump on the guy, Im sure some people dont know about this.
Im Yo Huckleberreh |

Couch Monkey
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:10:00 -
[15]
It didnt click for some reason that this was chaining. I used to do it in other MMORPGs but I dont do a lot of fighting in this game. Hell look at my corp name.
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:11:00 -
[16]
Exactly why I posted this after spending half of today creating the site from my edited screenshots.
No one in my small corporation knew about it. And no one I talked to heard of doing this. Not that it's new or anything, but there apparently was a need.
Basically I got tired of constantly having to explain how to do it, so I just created this site so I could direct people there if they wanted to kill wave after wave of pirates.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

Couch Monkey
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:13:00 -
[17]
Its cool, I think this will be valuable to a lot of people. Some people look down on this kind of strategy because it is taking advantages of game flaws, but all in all, good post.
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:15:00 -
[18]
Thanks.
I don't know if this is a game flaw or not. The way I view it, it isn't exploiting. It doesn't use any outside tricks, simply using what tactics a player has available to him, and that is how the game engine works.
If the makers of Eve don't like this, I'm sure we will see something in the next patch about it. I sure hope they leave it the way it works now.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

Couch Monkey
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:18:00 -
[19]
Yeah, no worries. This type of problem exists on all the games that I have seen, whether its the enemy getting stuck behind canisters, rocks, trees, building, or whatever. So until someone finds a mirical way to plug this hole, this strategy will be around for a while.
-CM
|

Arathmon
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:25:00 -
[20]
In my corp we always called this "instaspawning". We really got into it back in the surg strike bug days, since one cruiser could take on wave after wave of a 5 baron spawn (30k pirates that don't shoot missiles). The loot was awesome back then too so we'd always have a couple of people in indies picking it all up.
Now that the surg strike bug has been fixed and loot nerfed to hell and back we usually do it solo with battleships or teams of 1-3 cruisers depending on the equipment and skill level of the pilots. The loot isn't that great... but making 3 million+ an hour for a solo endeavor ain't too shabby. --------------- I used to be in the FA. I like cookies. Eve Radio is teh pwn. |

Valeria
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:26:00 -
[21]
Quote: Because no one else did?
I demand rollback!
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes some nublar, wrecking for 1155.0 damage. |

Scragg
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:45:00 -
[22]
An entire web site dedicated to a concept many people have explained in a few sentances.
If you can't pronounce Zezman Manuver... just say endless rat spawn.
Nice effort though.
Scragg, Tyrell Corporation Vice-Director Military Operations |

DigitalCommunist
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:53:00 -
[23]
I bet many people didn't know about it.. so its nice that you took the time to explain it.
As for it being an exploit of game mechanics, I don't think it is. Its natural to assume missles cant go through asteroids. So planting yourself behind one is just using tactics in your environment.
It would be nice to see the spawn die off (because you killed all the reinforcements) or for the spawn to get stronger ships after time (because the pirates realize they arent gonna kill you with what theyre sending at you).
Changing the spawn point around once in a while might be nice. _____________________________________ Perpetually driven, your end is our beginning. "Can I be a consultant for EVE II?" - WhiteDwarf |

drunkenmaster
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 19:57:00 -
[24]
Nicely done. And a pretty cool name too.
I used to call it something else, but now it's just gonna be "Bustin' a zezz"
Good work .
|

Judicator
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 20:11:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Judicator on 08/08/2003 20:12:17 Is it me, or are alot of the peeps in the forum a bunch of jerks?
I mean, for christ sake, the guy decides to make a guide about chaining, endless spawn whatever, and all you can do is flame him? Sure he named it after himself, but honestly, at least he actually went through making a guide with good ilustrations showing those "not in the know" how to do it. That alone gives him the right to name it after himself IMO.
God damn, get a grip peeps.
I say good work, and I salute thee.
The rest of you can fly into the sun and die for all I care...
"I have tried for months and months to make m0o the most hated, the most despised corp in the galaxy and what happens? A stack of muppets named TTI comes along and just basically urinates on my bonfire."
Stavr0s
|

Bad Harlequin
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 20:36:00 -
[26]
Quote: no only tards diden know how to string out mobs.
"No, only 'tards didn't know how to string out mobs."
Quote: sorry but its true.
"I'm sorry, but it's true." -or- "I say there, old boy, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble and all, but this is without a doubt the unadulterated truth of the matter."
Can i have your stuff?
You are in a maze of twisty little asteroids, all alike. |

Jowen Datloran
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 21:03:00 -
[27]
I didn't have a name for this but now I have. Thank you  ---------------- What's a rumor on page one is a fact on page two |

ChironV
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 21:21:00 -
[28]
You can also chain with a Black bird. Just doing some piddly mining and waiting for a spawn to test some new ECM. When they finally showed up I jammed the hell out of the first ship. He promptly turned and went away. Every time he came near I jammed him for a few min and he turned around. Thus he stayed and kept calling in more meat. So after 2 hours of sitting there I wound up with 300 to 350 cans clogging up the roid belt. Only reason I left to pick up the loot was running low on ammo. Went through close to 4 k of tung ammo. 
Was fun though.
________________________________________________ It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
|

Brock
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 22:23:00 -
[29]
Some people need to realise it OK to not know everything
Two words having seen those pics- "fest" and "lag",though, not necessarily in that order.
|

Gravedancer
|
Posted - 2003.08.08 22:39:00 -
[30]
Ive been doing chaining like this for a while, but I never knew it was possible to get one of the pirates to disengage and leave you alone (course I never tried either, I just always ignore 1 pirate as a single pirate isnt really any worry even its a 50k variety). You think it works good with 1500k bounty pirates, try it with 10-50k bounty pirates <G>. Biggest worry is that you will be in the middle of riding a spawn of 50k pirates and some PC pirate in a battleship will sneak in and shank you from behind while you are distracted (curses on Sinister corp )
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |