| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 8 post(s) |
|

kieron

|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:13:00 -
[1]
A number of times in the recent past I stated CCP would open new employment positions. For those that are interested, the CCP Games Jobs page has been updated with the new openings.
Please note that some of these openings are intern positions with a potential for long-term employment, while others start out as long-term employment. All positions require relocation to Iceland, there are no off-site positions open.
To those that submit an application, good luck!
kieron Community Manager, EVE Online
|
|
|

Chribba
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:15:00 -
[2]
You pay in veld right? Otherwise I'm not interested. 
EVE-Files | EVE-Search | Get Email if thread updates |
|

The Enslaver
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:16:00 -
[3]
Thats it.
In a couple of years... I am moving to Iceland.  --------
FireFoxx80: If you think you can do a better job, go find yourself a datacentre to host a box, get a copy of Visual Studio, and STFU. |

SengH
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:21:00 -
[4]
lol DB admin... pity the poor guy that gets that job.
|

Admiral Keyes
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:24:00 -
[5]
Damn, and heres me still over 2 years away from a Computer Science Games Technology degree (First Year )

|
|

Chribba
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:26:00 -
[6]
Originally by: SengH lol DB admin... pity the poor guy that gets that job.
Why? You dissing my MCDBA?!
EVE-Files | EVE-Search | Get Email if thread updates |
|

MOAB DaBomb
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:30:00 -
[7]
All I have to say is:
Map
Look at the number of 'exotic clubs' and 'aa meetings' within a 5 minute walk of CCP HQ... Explains some of the extended DT. 
|

Basileus
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:40:00 -
[8]
Originally by: MOAB DaBomb All I have to say is:
Map
Look at the number of 'exotic clubs' and 'aa meetings' within a 5 minute walk of CCP HQ... Explains some of the extended DT. 
Spot on mate.   
|
|

Eris Discordia

|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:40:00 -
[9]
Originally by: MOAB DaBomb All I have to say is:
Map
Look at the number of 'exotic clubs' and 'aa meetings' within a 5 minute walk of CCP HQ... Explains some of the extended DT. 
They recently moved to a new location so all the clubs and meeting places are a bit further away now.
Forgot what I wanted to write here... |
|

The Hellion
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:44:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Eris Discordia
Originally by: MOAB DaBomb All I have to say is:
Map
Look at the number of 'exotic clubs' and 'aa meetings' within a 5 minute walk of CCP HQ... Explains some of the extended DT. 
They recently moved to a new location so all the clubs and meeting places are a bit further away now.
nah, the clubs know where the money is, they'll move to follow ccp around 
|
|

kieron

|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:45:00 -
[11]
Originally by: MOAB DaBomb All I have to say is:
Map
Look at the number of 'exotic clubs' and 'aa meetings' within a 5 minute walk of CCP HQ... Explains some of the extended DT. 
Do you see that purple AA meeting dot in the far north and just to the east of center? Go further northeast of that dot along the waterfront and that is where the new CCP offices are located.
kieron Community Manager, EVE Online
|
|

SengH
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:46:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Chribba
Originally by: SengH lol DB admin... pity the poor guy that gets that job.
Why? You dissing my MCDBA?!
No but can you imagine what life must be like for the guy... with a billion different things that can screw the DB over each day. From POSes to buggy code that makes stations disappear with one shot and people copying thousands of bms and generally doing stupid things that make it a mess :P
|
|

Eris Discordia

|
Posted - 2005.11.29 19:49:00 -
[13]
Originally by: The Hellion nah, the clubs know where the money is, they'll move to follow ccp around [:lol:
I know a few people who have expressed that exact wish 
Forgot what I wanted to write here... |
|
|

Chribba
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 20:20:00 -
[14]
Originally by: SengH
Originally by: Chribba
Originally by: SengH lol DB admin... pity the poor guy that gets that job.
Why? You dissing my MCDBA?!
No but can you imagine what life must be like for the guy... with a billion different things that can screw the DB over each day. From POSes to buggy code that makes stations disappear with one shot and people copying thousands of bms and generally doing stupid things that make it a mess :P
You forget one thing tho... he who holds the DB has the power ;)
oops an extra zero in the wallet, an extra t2 bpo in the hangar or increase the veld respawn rate ;)))) (altho I doubt one would be employed long by changing the wrong values)
EVE-Files | EVE-Search | Get Email if thread updates |
|

Jocindus
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 20:56:00 -
[15]
Originally by: kieron
Originally by: MOAB DaBomb All I have to say is:
Map
Look at the number of 'exotic clubs' and 'aa meetings' within a 5 minute walk of CCP HQ... Explains some of the extended DT. 
Do you see that purple AA meeting dot in the far north and just to the east of center? Go further northeast of that dot along the waterfront and that is where the new CCP offices are located.
Still looks like a good location to me 
You need a good network security guy?
|

Rod Blaine
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 22:34:00 -
[16]
Hmm, ive got no skills
what are my odds ? _______________________________________________
Power to the players !
|

Ralus
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 23:03:00 -
[17]
quick question, why does the guy in the photo on the ccp jobs page have a mouse cursor branded on his forhead, thats not a requirment for working with ccp is it 
|

Kaell Meynn
|
Posted - 2005.11.29 23:42:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Ralus quick question, why does the guy in the photo on the ccp jobs page have a mouse cursor branded on his forhead, thats not a requirment for working with ccp is it 
It is required, but it's not branded, simply glued with a special adhesive. You can remove it when not at work, although it takes 1 hour to apply and 4 hours to remove, so most just don't bother with removing it every night. Eventually the skin discolors in that shape anyway, so not much point in taking it off really.
(okay, that was funny when i first thought it, but after reading it, not so much, oh well :\)
|

Tyrrax Thorrk
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 01:24:00 -
[19]
I'd move to the island of Man if it meant I could work for CCP ;p
|

Kerosene
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 01:52:00 -
[20]
Oveur, who deals with openings for the China shard? I'm very much interested in that at the moment. I keep sending emails but I am guessing I've not got the correct email addresses. __
|

SalSar Thiran
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 04:08:00 -
[21]
I am college student doing Computer Engineering, at RIT. Is there any real chance of getting a one or two quarter Co-op as an intern or is this more for graduates looking for permanet jobs? (ps. Travel is something I would like to do so location is irrelevant.)
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2005.11.30 08:57:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Kerosene Oveur, who deals with openings for the China shard? I'm very much interested in that at the moment. I keep sending emails but I am guessing I've not got the correct email addresses.
We're not at the point of hiring for that yet. [email protected] is the bottomless pit you need to send to though 
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|

Nyphur
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 09:02:00 -
[23]
Damnit! I want a job but don't want to move to Iceland :/.
|

Garion Maki
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 10:36:00 -
[24]
I'm wondering, would a fresh out of school student (computer science), graduating somewhere in September make a chance of getting hired? I wouldnĘt really have much experience except for a 13 week intern job that finishes our education.
I'm also wondering if it's possible to get a more detailed explanation of certain jobs, since to me it seems a 'Content Developers' can be anything from somebody drawing sketches for the next POS to somebody entering T2 ship stats into the database  ---
eta on the red moon rising feature page? |

LukAsh
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 10:39:00 -
[25]
Heh and I thought that after finishing my studies in a year I will move from Central Europe to Australia, to live and work there.
Now my 5 year plan will need at least some revision  ___ Want to buy a Providence cheap? Evemail me ;)
WTB: Nightmare (also can swap for Providence) WTB: 10x Complex Fullrene Shard, 5M each |

Leland Palmer
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 11:24:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Leland Palmer on 30/11/2005 11:24:32 hrm wonder if my "object oriented" work on armor qualifies
http://www.granddesignworkshop.com/armor.jpg
*grins*
wish I were able to move to Iceland and work there, been a amateur historian of the 11th century Icelandic culture for most o me adult life.
|

Ethidium Bromide
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 12:23:00 -
[27]
i'd move to iceland but first i'd need to know if working in pharma quality assurance would qualify me for working for CCP in quality assurance
|

Gunstar Zero
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 12:42:00 -
[28]
meh, wish I had experience of SQL server on that kind of scale :-/
|

JOSEPHx
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 14:11:00 -
[29]
Are the "exotic" clubs hiring coz i look pretty good covered in a light layer of cooking fat and wearing a thong(might need to wax the muller fruit corner first though)
---
|

Bishop 5
|
Posted - 2005.11.30 14:59:00 -
[30]
Noooo! i'm two years away from finishing (if i can stop playing eve, damn you!!!) my computer games art course.. gah! ..hmm... free paintball? master chief? I mean, uhh.. chef... argh! *struggles with life*
... suppose i'd better get working :) Ten thousand Lemmings can't be wrong... |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |