| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Ndubs
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 05:45:00 -
[61]
You know I've never seen an actual income statement from CCP or SSI. I have no idea how much money EVE really makes, I can do the math like everyone else, but that doesn't meen that I'm right on.
Today some guy gave me 3 XeCl beams and 2 Altered-SS CE because he was quitting. Anyone else who quits can direct their leftovers to me. Eve will be here for a while and so will I.
...I will say this though, where was the advertising, there should have been more advertising. Its a good premise and excelent execution despite the bugs, it just needed more advertising.
|

Drutort
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 06:06:00 -
[62]
regardless of all the problems etc...
i still want to see this game go on, and stronger, its my first MMO and hmm i really will not go to any other MMO if this one dies... ill just go back to the good old FPS games were i can get some cheap thrills every few hours...
btw if this game doesnt make it and there is ever made anything like eve, you can count me out, because i dont want to go through something 2nd time, i would be a fool to do so. support Idea: QuickInfo an alternative to ShowInfo
my MoBlog |

Kutka
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 06:41:00 -
[63]
Eve is a serious game, I appreciate the game very much. I have been playing less than two months and have had few to no problems like pvp and griefers. Common sense and intelligence prevail in the Eve universe. CCP only lacks in customer support and quicker response time on problems.
 Kutka |

Ctaesis
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 07:48:00 -
[64]
Well, I am certainly surprised that this thread hasn't devolved into flaming. Of course, it's likely that the recent enforcement of the never-before enforced rules have something to do with that.
Anyway, I've been with EVE since Beta 1, and I like the idea of EVE. I like the idea of a space game, but EVE has a long way to go.
And the customer service stinks.
________________ "Warp to Desktop" -- American PCGamer
|

Nicholas Marshal
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 08:10:00 -
[65]
I'm here until the EVE servers are switched off.
|

Fides Punica
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 08:39:00 -
[66]
Quote:
Whenever I've been online there have been around six-hundred people on Jupiter, just under five-hundred on Saturn and Uranus plus around four-hundred on Pluto.
Likewise, Thanatos has stated that the company is doing well as well as mentioning, several times, that the actual amount of Subscribers is well in advance of two-thousand, five-hundred.
If Neocron is dead then it will blow peoples' socks off when it's ressurected.
I've been playing Neocron since December.
Uranus hasnt broken 250 players since january.
Jupiter hasnt broken 550 in that time, and is generally from 400-500 these days.
Saturn rarely goes over 400, norm is 350.
Pluto is same as uranus.
Also, it's only been retail for 10? months, so dont quote years.
|

Callum McGrath
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 11:39:00 -
[67]
Going to risk a massive flaming now, but here goes...
I bought Eve on the basis of reading some info, looking at some gaming boards and generally thinking 'oh this looks good', went out and bought it, knowing full well that it will be buggy, crash and do all sorts of weird things - but as it's a big muti player online evolving game what more do you expect?
So no one has bought a shoot 'em up and it's bugged? The game is developing and as such will have bugs - how many of the whiners use MS products - do you complain to MS as often?
If you encounter a bug or some 'product enhancement' you try and replicate it, if you can then you report it, you don't just go "oh, this game is buggy and I've wasted my money", if you have that idea then go buy a PS2 and stop moaning!
I hope that Eve will go on for a long time, and hopefully get the player set they are looking for.
Oh well... 
|

Alexia Te'Len
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 11:51:00 -
[68]
Quote: Also, it's only been retail for 10? months, so dont quote years.
Including the beta stages. 
What sort of times are you logging on? Whenever I do there are similar sever populations to the ones I stated.
|

FunGuy
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 11:55:00 -
[69]
Edited by: FunGuy on 19/08/2003 11:56:01 Well i've been playing the game for a year now. I started in the beta and it was good then. Its even better now and once CCP figure a fair way to introduce new techs in accross the universe then I'm sure it will get even better.
FunGuy Proud to be Xanadu Xanadu T2 BP's
|

Dr Logue
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 12:00:00 -
[70]
Edited by: Dr Logue on 19/08/2003 12:03:22 Well afaik its still in the Top 10 in Game Shops in UK. Not all mags reviewed it as a bad game. You can't play this game and review it in 1 day so that makes the reviewers ****s imo. If any read this bite me! I hope it gets stronger. BTW yestaday i seen over 5k playing so to me its still similar to 4 weeks ago
|

Erty
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 13:05:00 -
[71]
Edited by: Erty on 19/08/2003 13:07:24
Wow, according to http://pw1.netcom.com/~sirbruce/Subscriptions.html EVE has nearly 45k subscribers...if that's correct it's great.
"Eve Online (Confidence Rating: C) At this time, an unverified press report claims that Eve Online has some 45,000 subscribers. While this number seems high, it is not unreasonable given the peak concurrent numbers of players on the servers every night. http://www.eve-online.com"
But I think around 30k is a better guess...and some people has said 20k (only people who doesn't like eve, though).
Anyway if eve has 30k subscribers that's $390.000 EACH MONTH, and that's...enough I think. I mean, CCP started with $2.600.000. And with that money they developed eve for many years. http://www.time.com/time/europe/specials/eeurope/newstories/iceland.html No problems, I think 
This is my signature. |

darth solo
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 14:26:00 -
[72]
Quote: I'll be playing for ages, even if I have to make blackbirds out of wood and fly them around the house jamming the cats
Dont be stupid Lao tzu, u wouldnt stand a chance, everyone knows that cats come with ecm stabilisers.
|

Adam Sudbury
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:10:00 -
[73]
Edited by: Adam Sudbury on 19/08/2003 15:10:28 My two cents:
As long as 20,000,000 isk is still selling for over $250 US on eBay and other virtual product sales sites then I think we can safely admit that the game is doing fine.
Adam
|

Fides Punica
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:12:00 -
[74]
Edited by: Alyssia Vendred on 19/08/2003 15:26:24
Quote:
Quote: Also, it's only been retail for 10? months, so dont quote years.
Including the beta stages. 
What sort of times are you logging on? Whenever I do there are similar sever populations to the ones I stated.
All times(literally.) In 10 months of daily playing, at all times, I have NEVER seen the numbers you describe.
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:15:00 -
[75]
I believe this game will last a long long way past Christmas but only if we remain considerate, consistent, and mature in our approach to the management of the game and the problems emerging.
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Danton Marcellus
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:26:00 -
[76]
People selling game money on eBay actually help the game in their own twisted way.
Convert Stations
|

Roba
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:31:00 -
[77]
CCP shoulda launched an ad campain like SOE did with SWG. StarWars Galaxies had a worse release then EVE and its doing very well.
|

Jash Illian
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:32:00 -
[78]
Quote: I believe this game will last a long long way past Christmas but only if we remain considerate, consistent, and mature in our approach to the management of the game and the problems emerging.
Eve has a problem and few people want to admit it yet. I'm fairly certain something along the lines of what happened at The Station and SOE/Verant is not far away. The difference being that CCP does not have the funds nor playerbase to survive what happened there.
I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann
Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:34:00 -
[79]
Quote:
Quote: I believe this game will last a long long way past Christmas but only if we remain considerate, consistent, and mature in our approach to the management of the game and the problems emerging.
Eve has a problem and few people want to admit it yet. I'm fairly certain something along the lines of what happened at The Station and SOE/Verant is not far away. The difference being that CCP does not have the funds nor playerbase to survive what happened there.
What happened at The Station and SOe/Verant?
I'm new to MMPROG's.........can't you tell? 
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Alexia Te'Len
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:55:00 -
[80]
Quote: CCP shoulda launched an ad campain like SOE did with SWG. StarWars Galaxies had a worse release then EVE and its doing very well.
SWG had a hy00ge playerbase to tap into before release.
EVE didn't.
SWG uses a recognised, famous universe.
EVE doesn't.
And so on...
|

Tomus
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 15:56:00 -
[81]
I have heard they may be bunching EVE up with new PCs in some sort of OEM deal...which can only be good. If judging by people I work with who spend ú2000 on a new PC only to surf the odd website and play ChampionShip Manager4 plus all the "free" games you get with the PC. Eve could be around for a while.
|

Jash Illian
|
Posted - 2003.08.19 16:00:00 -
[82]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: I believe this game will last a long long way past Christmas but only if we remain considerate, consistent, and mature in our approach to the management of the game and the problems emerging.
Eve has a problem and few people want to admit it yet. I'm fairly certain something along the lines of what happened at The Station and SOE/Verant is not far away. The difference being that CCP does not have the funds nor playerbase to survive what happened there.
What happened at The Station and SOe/Verant?
I'm new to MMPROG's.........can't you tell? 
Ask anyone why the Station forums got the monicker "Whineplay".
I mean its like you want corporations to oblige each other like its sex or something. Pffft I would rather **** my enemy.- Rohann
Be careful out there. That other guy waiting in the queue for the gate MIGHT be a baby-munching frock-burner, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!- Lallante |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |