| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Isis Dea
State Protectorate Caldari State
312
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:08:00 -
[1] - Quote
After today, I would be incredibly surprised if any State Protectorate pilots, or any pilots serving the empires ever comes to the aid of their allies or takes the joke of CONCORD capsuleer commanders seriously... honestly ever again.
I've seen better organization among rookies two weeks fresh out of the academy. |

Andreus Ixiris
Duty. The Cursed Few
3716
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:15:00 -
[2] - Quote
Isis Dea posting a thread about laughing stocks?
No.
There's no point.
All the jokes I could possibly make have already been made in the heads of anyone who saw this thread's name and author. |

Ava Starfire
Stormcrows
1291
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:16:00 -
[3] - Quote
For the sake of those of us who were unable to be there - what happened? |

Makoto Priano
Priano Trans-Stellar State Services Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
5421
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:20:00 -
[4] - Quote
The capsuleer organizations in null security space spend a lot of time forming up, and they have practice, pilot familiarity, and doctrines to go with. CONCORD may have pilots with familiarity with null methodology, but I doubt they have anywhere near the experience of the fleet commanders of the great powers. Add an ad hoc gathering of capsuleers with no doctrine, rapid form-up, and distance to travel...
I wouldn't be surprised if operations now turn to a slow undermining of Serpentis and Cartel efforts, instead of this effort to storm the gates at the outset of the crisis. |

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations Shaktipat Revelators
1820
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:21:00 -
[5] - Quote
Ava Starfire wrote:For the sake of those of us who were unable to be there - what happened?
I didn't go because I have no interest in supporting the Angel Cartel. As I understand it, CONCORD has put together a fleet full of random people so large that the warp core time dilation effect is at its maximum level before the universe breaks in half. they didn't properly communicate with their fleet, and left a large chunk of them behind, and then began jumping an unprepared, ill equipped fleet single targets at a time into nullsec bloc killing fields. One group did manage to get through, but the Serpentis held the field and then destroyed their own facility themselves. |

Makoto Priano
Priano Trans-Stellar State Services Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
5421
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:21:00 -
[6] - Quote
Ms. Starfire, initial reports were that the CONCORD-affiliated taskforces flew into the waiting guns of null security blocs. No news yet if some CONCORD-affiliated forces made it through, or if operations are continuing. |

Indira Harashani
Imperial Academy Amarr Empire
24
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:22:00 -
[7] - Quote
Presumably, the same exact thing that happens whenever CONCORD makes the poor decision to make a public announcement about planned fleet movements ahead of schedule and is unable to keep the intended destination(s) properly under wraps.
A bloodbath where those who intended to do some good in this cluster find their constituent atoms spread across a few star systems simply for trying, because someone above them in the chain of command has no sense of operational security. |

Isis Dea
State Protectorate Caldari State
313
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:37:00 -
[8] - Quote
Makoto Priano wrote:Ms. Starfire, initial reports were that the CONCORD-affiliated taskforces flew into the waiting guns of null security blocs. No news yet if some CONCORD-affiliated forces made it through, or if operations are continuing.
Nobody from any of the fleets made it. While we had the numbers, the firepower, AND the support of multiple fleets, **** poor leadership and absolutely zero joint-support from CONCORD screwed everyone over completely.
The empire fleets should have had this, hands down. 150 vs 2000, easily (maybe more than 2000).
Thanks CONCORD. |

Jinari Otsito
Otsito Mining and Manufacture
224
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:45:00 -
[9] - Quote
Numbers mean nothing when the quality is lacking. I'm sure CONCORD and others had highly capable fleet commanders. What they didn't have were quality fleet members, I'd wager. In fact, I am fairly certain that if they'd refrained from a public statement and instead just handpicked the right people from the right organizations, they'd have gotten a fleet that'd either stand toe to toe with their target, or flown circles around it.
It seems only the goons manage to succeed while scraping every fleck of dross from the bottom of the barrel. |

Lyn Farel
Kitzless
633
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:47:00 -
[10] - Quote
I guess that capsuleers are too cheap for jumpbridges ?
Isis Dea wrote:Makoto Priano wrote:Ms. Starfire, initial reports were that the CONCORD-affiliated taskforces flew into the waiting guns of null security blocs. No news yet if some CONCORD-affiliated forces made it through, or if operations are continuing. Nobody from any of the fleets made it. While we had the numbers, the firepower, AND the support of multiple fleets, **** poor leadership and absolutely zero joint-support from CONCORD screwed everyone over completely. The empire fleets should have had this, hands down. 150 vs 2000, easily (maybe more than 2000). Thanks CONCORD.
They were more than 150 at chokepoints, especially in Doril. And fleets jumped one by one due to time dilatation. |

Johanes Beaumonte
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
5
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:47:00 -
[11] - Quote
Isis Dea wrote:Makoto Priano wrote:Ms. Starfire, initial reports were that the CONCORD-affiliated taskforces flew into the waiting guns of null security blocs. No news yet if some CONCORD-affiliated forces made it through, or if operations are continuing. Nobody from any of the fleets made it. While we had the numbers, the firepower, AND the support of multiple fleets, **** poor leadership and absolutely zero joint-support from CONCORD screwed everyone over completely. The empire fleets should have had this, hands down. 150 vs 2000, easily (maybe more than 2000). Thanks CONCORD.
Eh, sounds like this is going to go down as the "Great Concord Turkey Shoot."
It was like watching groceries get run over by a dirt remover. Concord painted those poor saps into a corner and threw away the key.
It goes to show what happens when the Imperial Navy allows outsiders, and Concord, to dictate its actions. I hope this hangs around the neck like an albacore of whoever decided this like and heads roll in the Admiralty like bowling balls.
Concord must be leakier than a sieve since its hapless concripts didn't even know where they were going but the null alliances were already parked and waiting and ready to shoot turkeys in a barrel with a repeater. |

Anslo
The Scope Gallente Federation
3144
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:49:00 -
[12] - Quote
Jeesh even The Scope knows how to avoid a gate camp... |

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations Shaktipat Revelators
1820
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 20:54:00 -
[13] - Quote
Johanes Beaumonte wrote:Isis Dea wrote:Makoto Priano wrote:Ms. Starfire, initial reports were that the CONCORD-affiliated taskforces flew into the waiting guns of null security blocs. No news yet if some CONCORD-affiliated forces made it through, or if operations are continuing. Nobody from any of the fleets made it. While we had the numbers, the firepower, AND the support of multiple fleets, **** poor leadership and absolutely zero joint-support from CONCORD screwed everyone over completely. The empire fleets should have had this, hands down. 150 vs 2000, easily (maybe more than 2000). Thanks CONCORD. Eh, sounds like this is going to go down as the "Great Concord Turkey Shoot." It was like watching groceries get run over by a dirt remover. Concord painted those poor saps into a corner and threw away the key. It goes to show what happens when the Imperial Navy allows outsiders, and Concord, to dictate its actions. I hope this hangs around the neck like an albacore of whoever decided this like and heads roll in the Admiralty like bowling balls. Concord must be leakier than a sieve since its hapless concripts didn't even know where they were going but the null alliances were already parked and waiting and ready to shoot turkeys in a barrel with a repeater.
Lets put it this way.
I'm a member of a Sansha's Nation loyal organization.
I could have gotten into the CONCORD fleet.
I could then have passed on information to my buddies.
However, since the Angel Cartel was the pirates involved, to hell with that idea. Let the idiots destroy each other.
|

Arkady Vachon
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
481
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 21:07:00 -
[14] - Quote
Eh, I got it in the corvyn system to a Tornado, probably first in my fleet to get whacked. The rest I think got it to a gatecamp a couple jumps over.
I really need to get out and fight more.
*shrugs*
|

Ayallah
Silver's Privateers Test Alliance Please Ignore
29
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 21:22:00 -
[15] - Quote
On behalf of TEST alliance, the Angel Cartel, the CFC and indeed all non empire factions,
Welcome to nullsec. |

Anslo
The Scope Gallente Federation
3151
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 21:24:00 -
[16] - Quote
Ayallah wrote:On behalf of TEST alliance, the Angel Cartel, the CFC and indeed all non empire factions,
Welcome to nullsec.
When did TEST start speaking on behalf of the CFC? Did your asses get kicked out of Fountain so hard you mixed up friend and foe? |

Li Ji
Hedion University Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 21:26:00 -
[17] - Quote
I must echo the sentiments of Ms. Dea. The complete vacuum of leadership exhibited by the Empire/CONCORD commanders of this debacle is frankly disturbing. Despite the protests of myself and other pilots that hundreds of ships were strung out across multiple systems between Sarum Prime and Iral, the order to launch was given, and then absolute silence. I cannot think of any way that they could have made things worse, short of forcing us to endure a Minmatar poetry recital.
I also found the absence of any CONCORD/DED vessels to be a matter of some interest. I'd have thought that they could have spared a few of their battleships to contribute to the offensive. |

Ertur Adestur
Hek Xplo Ltd
2
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 21:40:00 -
[18] - Quote
CONCORD was involved? Really, could have fooled me.
We were loosely organized by a vet capsuleer with experience. Intel changed by the second as we made our way into lowsec. It got bleaker and bleaker, until FC simply went "OK, anyone want to abort, it's cool, but I'm moving on." Most went along. Better to go boom in a fleet than alone on the way back, neh?
A deaf ear to CONCORD. I shall miss my good ship Motorhead. |

Ichinumi Tsukaya
PRAISE SATAN
1
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 21:55:00 -
[19] - Quote
Just remember this, fellow Caldari capsuleers:
Tibus Heth would not have sent you and your ships to sure deaths without some back-up and without purpose.
Yet CONCORD and our supposed friends at the Imperial and Caldari Navies, under this illegitimate CEP, would. Not that any legitimate Caldari leader would ever work with the Federation in any operational measure anyway.
Remember this the next time you see yet another sign of your state's growing weakness under a CEP that makes deals with the ultimate embodiment of corruption, weakness and debauchery - the Gallente Federation. |

Katrina Oniseki
Revenent Defence Corperation Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
2389
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 22:00:00 -
[20] - Quote
Regardless of the circumstances or outcome, I am as ever proud to have flown alongside the Caldari Navy. |

Ichinumi Tsukaya
PRAISE SATAN
2
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 22:10:00 -
[21] - Quote
Katrina Oniseki wrote:Regardless of the circumstances or outcome, I am as ever proud to have flown alongside the Caldari Navy. As you should be. Our contribution was significant, although ultimately futile.
That spirit is what we need more of amongst our people, to rebuild and restrengthen our State once more. |

Isis Dea
State Protectorate Caldari State
320
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 22:12:00 -
[22] - Quote
Ichinumi Tsukaya wrote:Just remember this, fellow Caldari capsuleers:
Tibus Heth would not have sent you and your ships to sure deaths without some back-up and without purpose.
Yet CONCORD and our supposed friends at the Imperial and Caldari Navies, under this illegitimate CEP, would. Not that any legitimate Caldari leader would ever work with the Federation in any operational measure anyway.
Remember this the next time you see yet another sign of your state's growing weakness under a CEP that makes deals with the ultimate embodiment of corruption, weakness and debauchery - the Gallente Federation.
Interesting touch.
I like it. |

Caellach Marellus
Aideron Technologies
1338
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 22:33:00 -
[23] - Quote
Ayallah wrote:On behalf of TEST alliance, the Angel Cartel, the CFC and indeed all non empire factions,
Welcome to nullsec.
Life in nullsec is having time, resources and the lives of your crew constantly wasted by pointless incompetence and a failure to achieve anything?
I'm sure that will do wonders as a recruitment advertisement.
|

Andreus Ixiris
Duty. The Cursed Few
3724
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 22:48:00 -
[24] - Quote
Caldari pilots blaming the Federation for their boneheaded decision to participate in a terribly-planned, highly-publicised excursion into nullsec, an area of New Eden which by neccessity the majority of Empire loyalist forces - who take it upon themselves to defend Empire space - have little operational experience with? No, the responsibility for that decision falls squarely upon your shoulders. In fact, I, a Federation pilot, was telling people it was a bad idea and that they should avoid it.
I wouldn't feel so smug about being right if Provists weren't whining so hard about being wrong. |

Diana Kim
State Protectorate Caldari State
598
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 22:49:00 -
[25] - Quote
Isis Dea wrote:After today, I would be incredibly surprised if any State Protectorate pilots, or any pilots serving the empires ever comes to the aid of their allies or takes the joke of CONCORD capsuleer commanders seriously... honestly ever again.
I've seen better organization among rookies two weeks fresh out of the academy. I don't think it was CONCORD incompetency, but rather Capsuleer fleet commanders. Today we fielded armor fleet in Sarum Prime. FC was incompetent, split the fleet, we were hanging on gates without commands, half of fleet was stuck in traffic congestion. And, of course, travelling time to meeting point took almost two hours.
What CONCORD could really do, is free traffic lanes for us. But otherwise, I blame incompetent capsuleers. |

Henry Montclaire
42nd Devils and Dragons Dalek Asylum
97
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 23:20:00 -
[26] - Quote
Diana Kim wrote:Isis Dea wrote:After today, I would be incredibly surprised if any State Protectorate pilots, or any pilots serving the empires ever comes to the aid of their allies or takes the joke of CONCORD capsuleer commanders seriously... honestly ever again.
I've seen better organization among rookies two weeks fresh out of the academy. I don't think it was CONCORD incompetency, but rather Capsuleer fleet commanders. Today we fielded armor fleet in Sarum Prime. FC was incompetent, split the fleet, we were hanging on gates without commands, half of fleet was stuck in traffic congestion. And, of course, travelling time to meeting point took almost two hours. What CONCORD could really do, is free traffic lanes for us. But otherwise, I blame incompetent capsuleers.
How large was your fleet?
The fleet I was in, a shield fleet, was some 250+ pilots, and it was well coordinated for the most part, but the enemy seemed to have a mole in our operations as our fleet commanders were immediately removed from the field by overwhelming firepower once we made it through the gate into Doril. |

Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera JIHADASQUAD
1199
|
Posted - 2013.11.07 23:54:00 -
[27] - Quote
Silas Vitalia wrote:I recall a famous Khanid Admiral and his particular sayings about traps.
Have fun, kiddos.
|

Manwe Todako
Repatriation Transportation Services
307
|
Posted - 2013.11.08 00:15:00 -
[28] - Quote
Smells like a trap; a well baited trap. Out of curiosity, I took a Cheetah to see what it was all about. Sitting in Serpentis repair dock after a warp bubble situation, I had an opportunity to reflect. I don't believe this was a CONCORD failure. Quite opposite, CONCORD did not need any capsuleer help to do what they planned with the research stations. What they wanted to do was to bait large numbers of capsuleer pilots in order to test a new System-wide stasis device. This is not a bubble, but much more massive. I recorded 80-90% reduced efficiency across the board in my ship systems. This included warp engagement and module activation. The "Empires" as they are so affectionately known as have for some time now been in a quandary over what to do about the "capsuleer problem." How does one get these "demigods" to destroy each other? How does one control their movements and disable their fleets. Today was a good example of technology sufficient to grind to a halt large numbers of egger pilots.
Like many other pilots, I struggled to swim through the thick molasses of system after system trying to get to the target systems only to arrive late. Today, Concord learned that it can control who arrives where and in what numbers. I wonder what the rest of us learned? |

Ayallah
Silver's Privateers Test Alliance Please Ignore
31
|
Posted - 2013.11.08 00:18:00 -
[29] - Quote
Anslo wrote:Ayallah wrote:On behalf of TEST alliance, the Angel Cartel, the CFC and indeed all non empire factions,
Welcome to nullsec. When did TEST start speaking on behalf of the CFC? Did your asses get kicked out of Fountain so hard you mixed up friend and foe?
Because the Goons and TEST have never been friends.
GǪever.
Edit: In all seriousness, today was very interesting in nullsec. It was high fives and gf's all around for us and helped to heal a lot of the bad blood that tends to linger after constant wars. If there is anything that brings all the null entities together it is getting exactly what we all wanted. I think it is a result of the fact that alliances and standings change to survive, in the end there is nearly no difference between the average line member of one alliance and another. The way we fight it similar, there are only so many doctrines. It showed just how much we all have in common while separating CONCORD further from it's charges. It was a victory on many many levels already,
The tears just made it so much sweeter. |

Pieter Tuulinen
Pyre Falcon Defence Cadre XV-01A Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
2247
|
Posted - 2013.11.08 06:48:00 -
[30] - Quote
Maybe the idea was to convince all the Empire Loyalists that they can't do without Concord?
All it taught me was that you never go into a situation as anything other than part of a proper fleet with a Commander you trust, good intel, scouts and so on.
That and Concord owes me nothing and I owe them less. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |